PDA

View Full Version : Strange, I dont remember being able to do that (Open)

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:08:42 AM
Calmly, I watched the power meter on the battery climb again. I had been doing this for about half an hour, stepping up in voltage to test myself out. In the gardens of the Living quarters, i had found a seat and I was, for the first time, testing this strange ability that had awoken in the fight.

It seemed I had the ability to absorb energy, then fling it back or use it for myself.

A datapad told me it was absorbsion. It told me it was rare. It told me it was useful.

But it did not tell me how.

In the fight, it had been done pretty much by reflex. Now, as any Jedi knew, reflex was one thing. To do it deliberatly was something else.

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:21:05 AM
Mylia walked through the gardens quietly, in a meditative state. She was calm and thoughtful. She was wandering around, trying to become more attune with nature. At first she thought she was alone, but she found out differently when she felt another presence. It was strange, the power levels she felt kept increasing. She still wasn't very good with the force, but she knew something was strange about it. She walked around a corner until she found the source of power. It was a woman, sitting alone with a datepad and a.... battery. This seemed strange to Mylia. It was someone her path hadn't crossed yet here at the GJO, so Mylia decided to wait for a bit to see if the woman would finish before she would introduce herself.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 5th, 2003, 04:21:51 PM
Pierce had closed down his thoughts, but not his Force presence. Though it was possible to spot him in the Force, it was more difficult than if he'd simply been wandering around with his mind unguarded.

It was also more difficult because Pierce was stealthily climbing a wall.

He wasn't doing it with any special equipment, other than a rope that had a grapple on one end, and the fact that he'd reached the top fairly easily made him worry. There was very little in the way of anyone who wanted to infest the gardens with something worse than spiders except for the Order's external defenses.

And though those qualified as potent and unusual, it still wasn't enough to assuage his concerns.

With a quick tug, Pierce pulled the grapple hook free of its' perch and drew the rope up to the top of the wall. Then, he calmly hopped down inside the garden walls.

His cloak rustled quietly as he landed, but other than that Pierce didn't seem to have attracted any notice. Which was good, because anyone watching would have questioned his sanity.

From the top of the wall, however, he'd easily made out the figure of his Jedi Master sitting alone and curiosity drove him to seek her out. It was the work of a minute to reach her clearing and stop, watching her concentrate on what she was doing.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:08:53 AM
The charge bar was on the desired point. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and put my fingers over the contacts. There was a muted zap! followed by a stifled scream that trailed off into a gasp. My forearm tingled painfully as I struggled to contain the energy, I fell to my knees with the mental effort. The battery was dropped before I raised my hand, which was shaking violently.

I pointed. A branch of a blossom plant about 1 meter away from my finger suddenly split open as the electrical energy was released. Even as the branch began to smoke, I collapsed from the effort this had taken, breathing harshly.

Lady Mylia
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:01:32 AM
Mylia screamed, she didn't know what to do. The woman she was watching screamed, gasped, fell to her knees and then roasted a branch. This startled Mylia, she wasn't sure what was going on, but she gathered it had to so with absortion. She instantly went over to the woman as who collaspsed. She didn't really know what else to do. Careful not to touch the woman for fear of sharing the same fate as the branch, Mylia tried speaking to her. "Hello? Are you okay?" Mylia heard the breathing so she knew the woman was still alive. Not wanting to leave the woman alone, she stood up and began yelling for help. "Is anyone else around? We need help!"

Pierce Tondry
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:19:34 PM
"Stand back," Pierce directed Mylia as he bounded into the clearing. "There's no telling whether she's dangerous to others or not."

Heeding his own advice, Pierce slowed and stopped before getting too close to Helenias. He carefully extended a toe and nudged her in the shoulder.

Lady Mylia
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:30:01 PM
Mylia nodded and took several steps back. She watched nervously as Pierce inspected the woman.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:58:34 AM
"Poke... me ... again... with ... your... boot... and... I'll ... ram it up... your bum" I growled, still face down, gradually bringing my breathing under control. My arm tingled and my body felt weak after the hit it had taken. But still, I had managed to contain most of the electricity and then discharge it.

Well, progress at least. Still, maybe I should find a way to learn this without what was admittedly reckless actions?

Lady Mylia
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:43:51 AM
Mylia was a bit surprised when the woman began speaking. She was rather amusing what she told Pierce, but she wasn't going to say so. She just watched Pierce and the woman interact.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:08:33 AM
A smile formed on Pierce's face and he nudged Helenias again. "Master?" he said loudly. "Are you okay? I thought I heard you say something, but I wasn't sure."

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 16th, 2003, 07:33:03 AM
Maybe I felt weak, but I could still move with stunning speed. My hand grabbed the prodding boot, twisted and lifted, overbalacing Tondry so he hit the ground bum first.

"He's right" I commented to the newly arrived woman, the vestages of a grin on my face. "I am still dangerous. Mind helping me back on that seat....?"

Lady Mylia
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:17:03 PM
Mylia smiled and held out her hand to the woman. "Not a problem." She said as she planted her feet to pull the woman up.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 17th, 2003, 07:09:43 AM
"Thank you" I said, coming (shakily) to my feet. "I dont believe I have met you before - I'm Helenias Evenstar. You are...?"

Lady Mylia
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:51:44 AM
Mylia smiled. "You're welcome. I'm Mylia Basque. I'm one of Dasquian's Padawans. I've only been here for several months. It's a pleasure to meet you, Helenias."

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:24:15 AM
"Glad to have met you Padawan Basque. Do you know my Padawan here, Pierce Tondry?"

Lady Mylia
Aug 21st, 2003, 01:16:34 PM
Mylia nodded. "Yes, we've met a couple times through mutal friends." She smiled and nodded to him.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 24th, 2003, 02:10:26 AM
"Oh, good. Ummm..."

I felt there was some explaination needed for my odd behaviour.

"I was testing something when you came here. A umm.... ability I seem to have that I didn't know I had"

Lady Mylia
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:15:44 AM
Mylia nodded. "Wow, I'm trust your testing was productive." She said thinking about the little episode from just a few minutes ago.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:35:49 AM
"Resonably. I wish I knew why it's come active now. I'm not really that knowing about the Force"

Lady Mylia
Aug 26th, 2003, 09:04:14 PM
"Oh, well I could be of no help to you with that matter. I'm very new to the force so I'm sure I know less than you."

Pierce Tondry
Aug 27th, 2003, 01:27:10 PM
Pierce, meanwhile, had finished chuckling and gotten up from where he'd lay with a smirk on his face. "I've had things like this happen to me," he said, his tone gradually becoming serious. "Not this absorb/dissipate energy thing you're talking about, but Force powers jumping up unexpectedly for no reason. If a power's in you and it'll save your life, it seems to wake up. Controlling it is something else entirely, though."

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 1st, 2003, 07:12:58 PM
"Yes, I've just worked that out" I stated, looking at battery and the discharge unit. "Very odd, given what I'm like that it's a defensive power. Wouldn't you think I was more the type to have flame coming out of my bum? Why this absorbsion?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 1st, 2003, 08:19:36 PM
Mylia placed her hand over her mouth and smiled broadly. She tried very hard from laughing at Helenias' remark. "Everything happens for a reason..." Mylia was all that Mylia could say at that time.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 6th, 2003, 11:04:01 AM
"Unless it awoke as a result of you being pregnant..."

Pierce trailed off, lost in thought.

Lady Mylia
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:45:43 PM
Mylia nodded. "That could very well be, with all your hormones raging and everything, your body doing strange things."

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 11th, 2003, 05:29:14 AM
"Possibly" I admitted. "Which case, that opens up many more questions. Do they go after the baby is born? Why now?"

Pierce Tondry
Sep 12th, 2003, 05:12:20 PM
Pierce shrugged. "Hell if I know. It could be the power will fade- or it could reappear everytime you have to protect your child. Only time will tell. Best you can do right now is work at getting a handle on it."

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:27:05 AM
I held up the battery and discharge unit.

"Exactly my thought"