PDA

View Full Version : Training of Lady Mylia II (complete)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:36:58 AM
The standard array of items needed for the development and practice of telekinetic abilities had been arranged in one of the courtyards, along with some other things. Four wooden poles had been driven into the ground forming a square, their purpose so far unknown. Dasquian stood in silence, looking over what he had brought to make sure that every thing was in place. It appeared so. Now all that was left was for Mylia to arrive.

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:49:19 AM
Mylia looked at her chrono as she quickly walked towards the courtyard where she was supposed to meet with her Master. She sighed with relief as she still had atleast 10 minutes before she was scheduled to meet with him. She would be late this time. She finally arrived to where her Master was waiting and she saw the different items. She raised an eyebrow before bowing to her Master. "Good Day, Master Dasquian. How are you doing this fine day?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:59:46 AM
“I am well, thank you Mylia. I hope you are rested well and ready for today’s lesson. I guarantee it will be a deal more trying than yesterdays.”

He smiled with a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. In his experience one of the most exciting and interesting things for Padawan’s to learn was how to manipulate items with the Force and essentially touch and move them from a distance.

“Today we are going to learn about telekinesis. Tell me what you understand by this term.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:00:48 AM
"You're welcome, Dasquian. I am very well rested and excited for today's lesson." Mylia watched Dasquian's face, she could see the mischief. She was anxious to start. "Well, telekinesis is the ability to move something without applying any physical force, you move it with your mind." Mylia watched Dasquian carefully, waiting to see his responce. She hoped her answer was correct.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:11:44 AM
“That is correct, and how do you think you would go about doing this? In your mind, how would you approach it?”

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 04:25:25 PM
Mylia shrugged slightly. "I guess that I would focs on it, using the force I would tell the object what I want to to do?" Mylia more questioned than answered. She frowned, really unsure and really uncomfortable with not know what to say.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:06:03 AM
“Yes, focusing the Force on an object… but before we begin to do that, you must first learn to simply how to focus the Force.”

Dasquian straightened one arm out in front of his body.

“Telekenesis is all about channeling the Force. Think of it as water, which you direct to different locations when you need it. A good exercise to get comfortable and more skilled with the Force is to imagine is something called the unbendandable arm…

The premise of this exercise is that were I to hold my arm out to you now, you would easily be able to force it back up against my shoulder. A Jedi must perceive, and believe, that the Force is rushing through them, at high pressure, and once you do believe this your arm will not bend but remain taught.”

The Knight lowered his arm.

“Similarly you can apply this to the idea of weight… you imagine the Force creating a weight in your body so that you cannot be lifted, no matter how hard a person tries to do so.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:11:49 AM
Mylia nodded, it all made sense to her. The Force can be used and channeled for anything Mylia wished, all she had to do what tame her mind to work with the Force. The power of the Force amazed Mylia, she was very excited and anxoius to begin this exercise. "Wow..." She was so in awe of the living Force at that moment she didn't really know what else to say.

After several moments of expressing her admiration to the Force, she snapped out of her meditative state and was ready to work. "Okay, Master. I'm ready to start." She smiled enthusiastically.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 7th, 2003, 02:11:34 AM
“Alright, the first step of the exercise is to be able to channel the Force through your body and limbs. Relax your shoulder and elbow completely and just imagine that the Force is rushing through it like water.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:41:12 PM
Mylia nodded and did so. She relaxed her whole body and focused on bringing the Force into her body. Once she felt the Force flowing through her she channeled it to one part of her body--her arm. A sense of refreshment came over her; she looked to Dasqiuan. "Okay Master, now what?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:20:23 AM
“Well theoretically now your arm should have gained an extra strength to it.”

Dasquian nodded off to a large crate set down across from the two Jedi.

Lady Mylia
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:33:01 AM
Mylia nodded and saw the crate, she went over to it and picked it up, rather easily. She surprised herself. She looked to Dasquian after she picked up the crate with her left, stronger hand. "Wow..." She muttered.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 8th, 2003, 08:22:45 AM
Dasquian nodded approvingly.

“Now I want you to try centering the Force within your body, to try and create a sink between yourself and the ground so that I will be unable to, ah, lift you.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:23:26 PM
Mylia nodded, she closed her eyes and tried to allow the force to flow from herself to the ground, kind of like an anchor. She concentrated her mind, but nothing happened. She stopped and tried again, yet nothing happened. Even thougg the force was still flowing through her, she couldn't get it to meet the ground. She opened her eyes and looked to Dasquian, shaking her head. "I can't get it..." She said, dissapointed in herself.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:56:21 AM
“It may take a little time for the effect to become apparent,” Dasquian waved a hand dismissively.

“Concentration is key, which you are no doubt sick of hearing me say, but it is true. Now, try again, and don’t stop until you feel yourself virtually tethered to the ground beneath you.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 9th, 2003, 06:57:00 AM
Mylia nodded. She knew what Dasquian said was true, but she was very impatient and wanted things--now. Patience was something she'd have to learn. She concentrated on the ground, trying to let teh running Force flow from her to the ground, she concentrated as hard as she has ever concentrated before, not letting it break. Finally after concentrating so hard, the living force reached the grounded, holding Mylia down. She smiled and looked to Dasquian. "All done, Master."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 9th, 2003, 08:44:57 AM
Dasquian took a step forward and gripped Mylia’s forearms, trying to lift her. Pleasantly, he could not, and smiled a little.

“Very good. This technique of directing the Force is exactly how you use telekinesis, only instead of channeling it around your body; you are directing it into another object.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 9th, 2003, 09:42:56 PM
Mylia nodded, the theory seemed simple and she hoped the actuall procedure would be simple, but she had a feeling it wouldn't be as easy as she thought. Mylia noticed a small rock lying close beside her on the ground. She looked at it and concentrated her hardest, doing exactly as she had to the ground. Surprisingly, the rock began to lift, as Mylia directed it to with the Force. Mylia smiled happily and looked to Dasquian. "Wow, once I got done how to do it, lifting the rock wasn't very hard." Mylia continued to hold up the rock as she spoke, even though it waivered as she concentrated less on the rock and more on speaking.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 10th, 2003, 06:59:31 AM
"It's not a difficult technique to grasp, and it can be very useful."

Dasquian dipped into the supplies crate and got a handful of foam balls. He lowered them to the ground - they were in varying sizes and in different colours.

"I want you to group these, using telekinesis, into colour and size order. The blue with the blue, red with the red, smallest to largest."

Lady Mylia
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:57:16 AM
Mylia dropped the rock she was holding up and looked to the balls. There were a lot of balls and the task should be easy but tedious. She nodded to her Master and began the job. She began first my moving balls into groups of colors--red, blue, green, and yellow. In each group there was four different sizes. As she began grouping the balls she came across a small problem that became very annoying. Everytime she tried to place a ball down in a group it would knock the other balls, scattering them around a bit. She sighed as she knocked a group of balls for the third time. This little glich was getting rather irratating. She looked up to Dasquian as he watched her. "I really need to work on my aim." She said with a sigh as she went back to the insipid task.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 11th, 2003, 10:33:49 AM
Dasquian watched with the same expression he always watched with - quiet curiousity mixed with an appreciative smile. It was an encouraging face and it seemed to brighten up whenever it was looked at.

"That is exactly why we are practicing, is it not, my apprentice?" Dasquian questioned, his eyes slightly glazed as they watched the balls dancing around one another.

Lady Mylia
Aug 11th, 2003, 12:47:04 PM
Mylia couldn't help but smile and let her frusteration fade as Dasquian spoke to her. Something about him camled her. "That's exactly why, Mylia said as she was finally able to place the balls far enough apart so they wouldn't touch each other. After she put them into groups she began to re-organize them into order as Dasquian requested. After a while of placing them here and there, Mylia looked up. She was finally done and it didn't take all that long to finish. She smiled and looked to her Master.[/i]

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2003, 05:05:22 AM
"A little persistance goes a long way."

Dasquian motioned for Mylia to follow as he strode up to one of the poles in the ground. It had a candle on top of it, whose flame was dancing happily in the air.

"This is something my brother practices... it's called projected fighting. You stand a distance from the candle and try to focus your telekenisis so that the Force shoots out from your hand as an echo. When you punch towards the flame, even if you are a distance away, it should go out. You see?"

Lady Mylia
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:13:03 PM
Mylia followed Dasquian towards the pole. She looked up at the candle, wondering if she'd be able to do it. She frowned slightly. "Yes, I see. Hopefully I can do it."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 13th, 2003, 02:49:05 AM
“Luckily there isn’t much wind today, so you should be able to have a good shot at it,” Dasquian replied with a nod.

Lady Mylia
Aug 13th, 2003, 04:43:58 AM
Mylia nodded. "Lucily..." She repeated. She began. Just like an other exercise in the force, she channeled the living force within her to a specific area of her body, this time being, her arm and hand. She was used to working with the force now, so this wasn't so hard. She hoped that blasting the force out of her fist wouldn't be any harder than sending the force to the ground. She focused her mind and body. After several minutes of feeling and thinking about what she wished for the force to do--it happened. A blast of Force come out of Mylia's outstretched arm and towards the candle. As it passed the fire waivered and then blew out. She smiled, it was easier than she expected. "Neat..."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 13th, 2003, 05:35:37 AM
“Neat,” Dasquian repeated, chuckling.

“Now try it from a greater distance, so that your reach in the Force is greater.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:00:40 PM
Mylia took several steps back and took another shot at the candle again. This time, the new lit candle didn't blow out, it only danced in the slight wind that hit it from Mylia's force "punch." She took a moment to build up the force within her more, letting it grow. After several minutes of her focus, she felt that she had enough power within her for another try. This time she held nothing back and let the force flow from her fist. She smiled as the candle was blown out rather easily.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:36:42 AM
“Excellent! How about we try lifting some large objects now that you have a good grasp of how to use this ability? Or perhaps moving objects from a greater distance?”

Lady Mylia
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:21:12 PM
Mylia nodded. "That sounds great." She smiled, happy that Dasquian was pleased with her.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2003, 07:47:11 AM
“Alright then. With only your mind,”

Dasquian indicated a large boulder in the courtyard, “Try that.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:02:50 PM
Mylia's eyes widen as Dasquian pointed to one of the larger boulders. She looked at him a nodded. "Okay, I'll try." Mylia tried as she did before with the balls. This time she built up more power within the force than ever before. She concentrated on the boulder. She reached out to it, using her mind to move it the way she wished it to go. After several minutes of trying the boulder began to gradually lift into the air-only slightly. Mylia began concentrating harder and harder, she was determined to get the boulder up on the first try. After a little longer it began to get higher and higher until after a while it was atleast a meter off the ground. She didn't give up, higher and higher the boulder reached, until it was above their heads. Mylia held is there, and looked to Dasquian with a smile. She continued her concentration on the boulder. "Any higher, Master?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:33:27 AM
“I think that is quite high enough. We don’t want to alarm anyone with flying boulders now do we?”

Dasquian brought his hands together and dusted them off.

“I think that about rounds off what you should be able to accomplish at this stage.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:30:36 PM
Mylia slowly brought down the boulder, getting it les than a meter off teh ground. She suddenly dropped it, and it hit the ground with a loud thump. The ground also shook a little. A horrified expression crossed her face and she looked to her Master with a frown. "I-I don't know what happened.... I-it just f-fell...." She said very nervously.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2003, 03:54:15 AM
Dasquian jumped at the sudden crash, recomposing himself as quickly as he could.

“Ahum… well it seems that perhaps you will need to work on that a little more.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 17th, 2003, 10:58:46 AM
Mylia nodded, still shaken up. "Yeah, a little more..." She repeated. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:33:48 AM
“It’s fine. Haven’t I told you before not to apologize?” Dasquian asked in a fatherly tone.

“Learning from your mistakes is what is important.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:41:31 PM
Mylia nodded, she felt like saying "Yes, sir." But decided against it. "Okay, I learned. Never get to eager, it breaks your concentration." She felt she got to eager to put the boulder down she just dropped it.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:40:50 AM
“Do you want to try again? Otherwise I think we are finished for now.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 23rd, 2003, 09:41:55 AM
Mylia shook her head, still very shaken up by all of it. "No, thanks. I think I've had enough of this for one day." She looked towards the boulder for a moment and then back to her Master. "Thank you anyway, Master."