PDA

View Full Version : New & Newer (Jackson and open)

Aranel Oronrį
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:45:54 PM
The day was warm. The sun shined plentiful on Aranel's balcony and along with the cool breeze the late afternoon was very pleasant, in fact so pleasant he laid back on the deck chair to catch the last few hours of sun before the evening gloom set in. He had already eaten dinner, the salad plate proved that so he had nothing more to worry till later.

Lights flickered, explosions boomed, arrows tore through flesh, ripping, blood...blood spat from mutilated corps. The clink of blades clashing spread far down the battlements along with screams of terror, shouts of mercy and wails of the last breath from a dieing man.

Aranel turned, his sword already drawn from its sheath to meet a creature looking like a half giant stomping towards him, its axe raised high ready to bring Aranel down with one heavy swoop to his chest. Aranel however dodged the on coming attack by side stepping to his left. The axe crashed down to the stone which crunched and broke under the shear force of the half gaints powerful weapon.

Aranels sword swiped out and connected hard into the creatures chest, it struck so hard that the blade sliced through the skin like soft butter. he retracted the sword quickly, blood dripped from the wound and then suddenly the ogre fell to the ground dead his entrails slowly pouring from the gash.

Aranel looked away and closed his eyes, his stomach wretched and he was sick all over the broken stone. However big, ugly or none human a creature was it still had a life and he had just taken it. He was sick again this time he staggered and leaned over the battlements to pour his inards from his mouth down over onto the lower stone.

The rain started to pour washing away the blood but not the memory with it. The rain mixed with blood, voice with screams and bile with war it was horrible to listen to...hard to take in. Suddenly from his left another ogre appeared this time carrying a bow, etched roughly from wood, an arrow was taken from the quiver, the string drawn back and then it flew through the air with a whistle. THUNK. It hit Aranel in the upper arm, he fell into the soggy wet..and then blackness....'

Aranel slowly opened his eyes and sat upright, helaid his head into his hands, it was dark now clearly early evening. For a moment he was going to weep but his heart took over. The creaters were there to kill him...he had defended himself and so it was just. But still so a tear fell from his eye and rolled down his cheek to drip from his chin...

' May the god forgive me...' He said softly before getting up and walking wearily into the kitchen. Suddenly a knock at the door wrang. Aranel wiped his face and moved towards the door to open it, a half smile on his face.

Jackson DeWitt
Aug 4th, 2003, 09:32:30 PM
"Arinel? Oruna?"

Jackson smiled sheepishly, trying to work his tongue around the man's foreign-sounding name.

"I hope it isn't too late. I just got assigned to these quarters...er...they said you were looking for a roommate, right?"

He shifted weight under an immense duffle bag, slung over his shoulder.

"I mean...hi. My name's Jackson."

Leaning a bit, Jackson extended his hand to Aranel.

"I guess I'm your new roommate?"

Aranel Oronrį
Aug 4th, 2003, 10:09:21 PM
' A-ranel Or-onra' He corrected him ' Yes, please come in'

Taking Jacksons hand in his, he returned the firm handshake, and smiled werily. Still shaken by the dream, Aranel nodded to Jackson which he meant kindly as a greeting. It was the best he could muster.

' It is a small place I'm affraid, though the balcony makes up for the small size, and bathroom is quite a size to. I'm sure it is to your liking. At least i hope it is...Oh let me!' Aranel said with a gentle voice, his smile still remained. Taking the duffel bag from Jackson so he could have a breather and take a look around, he placed it neatly on the couch. Even for Aranel the bag was very heavey.

' Forgive my manners!, may i ask your name?' He laughed though he was really quite embarrassed.

Jackson DeWitt
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:05:16 AM
Jackson could've sworn that he'd said his name just before, but for politeness sake, he repeated.

"Jackson DeWitt. Nice to meet you."

Aranel probably was a bit out of it from being recently woke up. Jackson could understand that. He looked around the room with a smile.

"Oh no, it's plenty big. Believe me. You haven't seen a vaporator farm hovel before if you say this is small."

When Aranel took his bag, Jackson's smile broadened.

"Thanks."

Aranel Oronrį
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:42:30 AM
' No, i cant say i have...' Of course Aranel smiled, but he did not have the faintest idea what he was talking about. Aranel looked towards the kitchen where sat, on the kitchen top, was a jug of juice he had made earlier, freshly, to settle down. The padawan gestured towards the single chair and walked off into the kitchen.

' I heard you finaly made it into the Jedi after some time as a hopefull, i wish to congratulate you.... Aranel said walking into with the jug of juice, 2 glasses and a plate of some sort of short bread. Nothing big, but it was all they had in the fridge.

' So, tell me your tale while we drink...' The Jedi said pouring the juice into both glasses and taking a seat of his own.