PDA

View Full Version : A Really Bad Day

Park Kraken
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:40:54 PM
So earlier today I went with my mom, and aunt up to the Van Fleet trail to do some bicycle riding. When we get to about 4 miles out, we start hearing the thunder, so we turn back. At 1 mile out from the car, it starts to sprinkle, so my mom, and aunt pull over to a shelter, I keep riding on. Almost as soon as I pass the shelter, WHAM!!! I hit a wall of pounding rain. Pretty soon I am soaked, when bigger rain drops start hitting me. I thought this was pretty annoying, espically since I can't find a shelter, so I pedal faster, when WHAM!!! I ride into hail, dime sized. I'm like OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! -censored- OW! OW! -censored- -censored OW! OW! OW!. I finally reach a picnic shelter, and hide under it. When I think the worst is over, CRACK!!! Lightning starts hammering the area around me, and my ears think that I am on a Battlefield. Then the rain lets up, the lightning follows likewise, I sit up, my ears are hammering, I look off to the NW, and I see a roll cloud rotating like mad. It then lifts upwards, and when I thought things couldn't get any worse, a Funnel cloud appears. At this point I am so mad I flick off the funnel cloud, and it disappears. Soon after this, it clears up completley. Before that I was having a nice day. We saw lots of wildlife, including a few possums, several tortises, and a family of raccoons that I got to hassle with. And I managed to ride 8 miles, which is a lot considering that I haven't ridden in months.
*Yawn* Been a long day for me. *Looks at clock* I will be 18 in 31 minutes. Maybe a bit longer, I think I was born at 5:00AM, but ah well. Has anyone had a worse day than this weatherwise?

Ryan Pode
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:45:05 PM
I've been camping on the beach during a hurricane and than many years later during a tropical storm. Same beach too.

Charley
Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:01:12 PM
I was dodging funnel clouds from Oak Grove to Gardendale today in my truck. I seem to get rather close to tornadoes.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:27:05 PM
earthquakes and me have some history

Park Kraken
Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:34:31 PM
I always wanted to be a storm hunter, but not yet. My dream is reporting live in the middle of a Category 5 hurricane.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:44:39 PM
my dream is to have a beach house on one of the hawaiian islands

aint happening anytime soon though. stoopid american monetary units :grumble

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 3rd, 2003, 11:39:43 PM
Hey, s'Il, that's my dream too!

Glad to hear you're ok Kraken, everyone should at least live to see their 18th birthdays. :) Or 118th...I forget which. :) Happy birthday!

Denali Gue
Aug 4th, 2003, 09:14:12 AM
Yes, happy birthday, Kraken :)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 4th, 2003, 09:16:10 AM
Happy Birthday Krak old chum

I have to say, the weather in England has been splendid. It's bloomin' scorching! I'm having to wear shorts inside!

Sohei
Aug 4th, 2003, 09:53:38 AM
I was helping my Dad paint our deck and porch yesterday. While we were using paint-remover on the spots of the house we didn't cover, it started to rain and thunderstorm. We had to leave the door open to let some of the fumes from the pain remover escape, so our tile got soaked and most of what we did yesterday washed off. I guess it's our fault for not planning around the weather, but it's still pretty annoying.

Happy day of birth, Kraken.

Park Kraken
Aug 4th, 2003, 10:16:42 AM
Thanks Sohei
Thanks Das
Thanks Denali
Thanks Lilaena

For the celebration of my b-day, tonight we are going out to eat at Outback Steakhouse with family, then next weekend for friends I am going to host a huge Halo party. We think we are going to have between 12-16 people playing!

Sohei
Aug 4th, 2003, 10:19:53 AM
Halo, eh? I've done a bunch of competitions in my area. We rent out the community center and just get a system link hub and play all day with 16 people every time. It's awesome.