PDA

View Full Version : Past or Future: What to choose...

Leten Snat
Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:16:54 PM
Leten makes his way down the stairs, taking himself back to the lower levels... Back to his old home... Back to the filth and hunger that is bestowed apon the streeter by all that live above them...

He comes out at a dark passage on floor 75... He reaches into his pack and pulls out a colapsable rod and extends it so he can test the floor in front of him for granet slugs and broken parts of the walk way...

After what happened at the GJO garden, Leten is not sure where he belongs... Or weather anybody cares about him...

Lord Talzen
Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:32:18 PM
Talzen was out for a walk around the tromping grounds of one of the many gangs he runs... when he see Leten... He hasn't seen him around the salvage yard (that he owns) for quite some time so he desides to approch him...

"Hello Leten... You haven't been around much... Why is that? did you get hurt badly again?"

Leten Snat
Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:38:05 PM
Leten keeps walking not even looking towards Talzen's voice... His eyes had not yet ajusted to the darkness, so he would not have seen him even if he did....

"I've been out trying to learn something new... I don't really fit in there... so I came back..... And no I don't have any salvage for you... Yet."

Lord Talzen
Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:43:14 PM
Talzen smiles... He has been watching this boy ever since he was little... he also already knew that Leten was at the GJO... He also knew that His master would love to turn this boy to the darkside, make this boy feel the true power of the force... Make him Sith...

"Well... You know you can always come back and work for me again... and this time.. I could give you more that a job with salvage..."

Leten Snat
Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:46:19 PM
Leten faces Talzen and gives him a smug smile...

"Talzen... you of all people should know that I'm best at finding salvage..."

He looks down at the ground....

"And that that's all I'm good at."

Lord Talzen
Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:50:23 PM
"I know somebody that can make you good at many thing.. and is willing to put the time to teach you all that you want to know.."

Talzen smiles... This boy has always been rather easy to convince that lies are the truth...

Leten Snat
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:06:07 PM
Leten gives Talzen a questioning look....

"So if you know this guy that wants to help me... Why didn't you tell me about him when I was younger..."

Lord Talzen
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:13:06 PM
"That is symply because I only met him a few weeks ago... I told him about you, and he is interested in teaching you... His teaching will not only make you smarter... but they will also make you unstopable by anything that crosses your path... You could lift all the salvage you want without even touching it.. How does that sound..."

Leten Snat
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:17:26 PM
"It sounds like your full of Bull..."

Leten turns and starts walking again...

"If your talking about teaching me The Force... The Jedi already tried... I don't fit in..."

Lord Talzen
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:20:55 PM
Talzen Laughs...

"The Jedi know nothing about The Force!!... he won't even ask you to leave the lower floors... He will come to you... that way you Will still fit in... So... what do you think?"

Leten Snat
Aug 5th, 2003, 12:11:47 PM
Leten stops again... then shakes his head...

"I don't know.... Can you let me think about it? I can have an answer by the time I drop off my next load of salvage..."

Lord Talzen
Aug 5th, 2003, 12:25:15 PM
"NO!" Talzen Snaps... " You must deside before I walk away!... That is how long the offer lasts... Or do you want to be nothing more that a garbage collector... A little Snat feeding off the garbage... The choice should be easy..."

Sasha Tion
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:02:01 AM
Sasha was out for a walk down in the lower levels of Coruscant. She hadn't had much luck lately here because of Talzen and his men. She knows enough about the lower levels now to be carrying a stick with her so she can make sure she doesn't step where she's not supposed to. She was close enough to Talzen and Leten to hear what is going on and she frowns. She can not keep quiet anymore after hearing Talzen snap at Leten. She takes a deep breath, knowing that she will regret what she is about to do.

"Leten, this guy is bad news. He has no cares about you. He just wants another pawn to use. That's why you have to decide now instead of having time to think about his offer. He's afraid you will find out what he truly is."

Sasha takes a few deep breaths as she says this, doing her best to keep her fear under control.

Leten Snat
Aug 7th, 2003, 11:35:16 AM
Leten Looks over at Sasha...

"You don't know what he is thinking Miss... And you don't know him... He owns a Salvage yard on floor 99 and helps out street people by geting them food and money if they bring him slavage.

I sure he is only just busy... Thats why he want me to deside now.."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 7th, 2003, 06:23:53 PM
OOC: wrong post...sorry

River Kincaid
Aug 7th, 2003, 06:29:26 PM
River had silently been tracking Leten by his Force path, he'd heard everything and sighed shaking his head. It sounded so much like the bull that Ridge, his identical twin brother had tried to pursuade him with. "I'd take more time than that, Leten." He spoke up as he lit a cigarette. His voice was gruff and hard, he understood these kind of people.

Sasha Tion
Aug 9th, 2003, 09:08:16 AM
Sasha shakes her head slightly.

"There are two sides to a coin. Talzen is a coin so to speak. He can seem to good, when he is actually evil. Or some may believe him to be good, with a side of evil.

I see him as evil. He's the boss of numerous Thugs who go around causing problems for ppl and beating them up. He himself likes to beat ppl up as well."

Sasha decides to shut up right now because she knows that Talzen is going to have a 'talk' with her later about this.

Leten Snat
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:04:58 AM
Leten Looks towards River...

"Hi River! What brings you down here? And take more time than what... I have all the time In the galaxy... It's not like street people have a time scedule."

He then looks at Sasha...

"You must be thinking of a diffrenent person... I have never seen this man do anybody any wrong.."

Lord Talzen
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:09:33 AM
Talzen glares at Sasha and uses the force to squeese Sasha's shoulder so that it feal like she just got a Really bad knot in it... He then looks back at Leten and says in a soft voice...

"Leten... You know I love you like a Son, But I don't have all day. Will you be coming with me?"

River Kincaid
Aug 9th, 2003, 12:58:58 PM
River smirked towards the other man as he took another drag on his cigarette. "If you're so interested in him, let him decide on his own time."

Lord Talzen
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:30:11 PM
Talzen looks towards River...

"I can wait for as long as he needs... but the man that wishes to teach Leten is not as patient as I am.... And young man... you should be carefull about pokeing your nose into other peoples business... it may get you into trouble."

River Kincaid
Aug 9th, 2003, 07:07:31 PM
"I'll take my chances." River replied, taking another drag. He looked in Leten's direction. "Leten, don't let this guy give you any guff, you don't belong here. Especially, with him." He gestured towards the other guy. Perhaps, he was pressing to far, but in his own opinion, Leten belonged back at the Temple.

Sasha Tion
Aug 10th, 2003, 08:46:07 AM
Sasha gasps in pain as Talzen uses the Force to squeeze her shoulder. She knows just by when the pain started that it's Talzen and she glares at him.

"Leten, you only see Talzen part of the time. He could be hurting others when you are not around to see and they just may be to afraid to come forward with what they know so everybody would believe that Talzen is a nice person."

Leten Snat
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:07:25 PM
Leten gives a mild glare to River....

"How do you know where I belong! And How can ether of you cast judgment on a person you just met, when I have know him since I was A child! I know him! He was the person that taught me the basics in counting, reading, writing... He gave me a jod when most people just laughed when I asked if they wanted my help... How can ether of you say he is an evil person when he has done so much to improve the lives of street people like me!"

River Kincaid
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:15:03 PM
River took another drag on his cigarette then looked at Leten and shrugged. "Whatever you want, Leten. It's your decision, sorry I interfered. I'm outta here. Good luck, see ya around...I hope." River turned and took another drag on his cigarette as he began to walk away.

Sasha Tion
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:07:31 AM
"Leten, I have known Talzen since I was a young child. I met him long before today and I'm wishing that I hadn't met him. He has caused me nothing but trouble.

I can say that he is evil because that is the side that I see in him. You say that he is good because that is the side that you see in him. A person can have many different sides and they can show a different side to different ppl.

But I can say this about him. He's only helping you and the other street ppl out because he hopes to gain your trust so you can become his goons. You can choose to believe me, or you can choose to completely ignore me. That is your choice, but if I were you, I'd keep as far away from Talzen as possible."

Sasha says this as River is turning to leave.

River Kincaid
Aug 16th, 2003, 06:07:22 AM
River stopped only briefly to see what Leten would do after the woman's comment. He turned and looke at them, while taking another drag.

Leten Snat
Aug 16th, 2003, 10:25:30 AM
Leten was now confused... How could Talzen be bad? He was always so nice.... Could this lady be correct? Just some thing about this didn't seem right... He starts to walk away from everybody, deeper into the darkness....

"I'll see you people later... I nead to think..."

Lord Talzen
Aug 16th, 2003, 10:46:55 AM
Talzen is getting rather angry with Sasha, and her attempts to distroy his image in the eyes of Leten... In fact so angry that he fires a strong bolt of dark force lightning at Sasha, forgetting that Leten was still there...

Knowing that he has messed up Talzen Uses the force to grab Leten and drag him over to his arms, at witch point he wraps his left arm around Leten's Neck and draws his lightsaber with his other hand, turning it on, lighting the dark hall with an earry Read Glow....

"Enough is enough!! I'm taking the Boy!"

Sasha Tion
Aug 16th, 2003, 11:26:47 AM
Sasha is pleased that Leten is willing to take some time to think about Talzen's offer. Then she's hit by the Dark Force Lightning which sends her back a couple of feet and she crumples to the ground, still conscious, but in agonizing pain. She is aware of Talzen grabbing Leten and wrapping an arm around his neck and igniting his lightsaber, then saying that he's taking the boy. But there is nothing that she can do to help Leten.

River Kincaid
Aug 16th, 2003, 12:12:08 PM
River stood there and raised an eyebrow. "So, the 'true' you does show it's colors. I thought as much." He snarled as he threw his cigarette down. "And just what do you plan to do with him once you have him? Are you so sure that'll he'll follow, knowing your ways now?"

Lord Talzen
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:12:22 PM
Talzen Starts to back away still Holding by the neck...

"My master will make him see our ways... He will join!"

Leten Snat
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:16:52 PM
Leten is caught by suprise, when the Dark force lightning hits Sasha, and is suprised even more when he find Talzen's are cutting off his air.... Leten struggles to try and get free, pulling at Talzen's arm, trying to get air... But has no luck...

Ka' el Darcverse
Aug 21st, 2003, 05:59:55 PM
A figure had been watching the boy for some time, maybe on purpose or maybe out of idle curiousity. The child in question was a Padawan of the Jedi Knight Xazor Ellesar, a friend of the man who was about to interrupt what seemed to be an easy kidnapping.

"You wave that thing around like you're the only person in the galaxy that carries one...."

The voice was emotionless and cold. A voice that had been conditioned from a very young age to never display its owner's thoughts or emotions.

"I suggest however if you intend to, you release the boy, you'll have too much to worry about dealing with me."

Snap-hisssss...hmmmmmm....

A blue beam of light sprung from a metallic hilt held in the right hand of the figure who had now stepped into plain view. He was wearing grey Jedi robes that concealed a rather tone athletic body. The hood was pulled down so that the light brown hair of a young man, could be seen, as well as a chiseled face with crystal blue eyes illuminated by the pale light of the blue saber.

"The boy is a padawan of a friend of mine and I don't think she'd like to see him depart from the order without so much as a good-bye."

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 22nd, 2003, 06:39:32 AM
On a nearby corner, a hooded and cloaked being leant against a building, rather interested in the going's on. Seeming to be rather relaxed, he took out a pipe and began to stuff it with leaf, so he could enjoy a smoke while seeing how this little scuffle went

River Kincaid
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:25:51 AM
Armed with the only weapon he owned, River brought out his dagger from his boot clip. He held it by it's blade ready to throw it at precisely the right moment.

His aim was for the man's hand that held the lightsaber, he wasn't needing to kill him, just injure him a bit so Leten could get out of his grasp.

The Jedi that happened to appear out of nowhere, could handle the rest. He just needed to get Leten free and while his captor was preoccupied with the unknown Jedi, it was time to swing into action.

A second later, he flung his blade and it hit the mark.

Lord Talzen
Aug 22nd, 2003, 12:28:33 PM
Talzen's attention was turned to the new arival that was activating his lightsaber... Before Talzen could say anything, he detected the knife flying towards his hand holding his lightsaber.

He uses the force to redirect the knife but doesn't redrect enough, and the blade makes a small cut on his right hand.

He then looks back to Ka'el and smiles...

"Very well... I will release the boy...."

Talzen moves his left hand so that it is grabing Leten's shirt, and with the help ot the force, he tosses Leten off the catwalk letting him fall deeper into the lower levels...

After Leten Has left his hand, he grasps his lightsaber with both hands and charges at Ka'el with his saber above his head, quickly bringing it down on at the left side of Ka'el's Neck...

Leten Snat
Aug 22nd, 2003, 12:35:44 PM
Leten is tossed off the catwalk, and starts his long fall to his doom. But only 5 floors down Leten's right arm snags on some bent, broken, durasteal beams coming out of the underside of one of the lower catwalks...

Even though it hurts like heck, as he hears his shoulder pop, and the pain shoots from his arm into the rest of his body, he manages to grip the beam, but his grip won't last forever.... He lets out a scream of pain..

Ka' el Darcverse
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:37:26 PM
Ka' el quickly raised his saber above his head and put in on a perpendicular plane to Talzen's attack.

"There is no emotion; there is peace..." Ka' el said cooly under his breath reciting the mantra as he had learned in his studies in battle meditation. His ability to take his focus off of Leten's well-being and face the Dark-Sider made him a formidable opponent.

As the attack grew closer the sabers clashed sending sparks of energy flying throughout the area. Ka' el simply stepped to the side and allowed Talzen to pass by and as their sabers broke their lock he raises his left hand and pushed Talzen in the back with the Force. It wasn't very powerful but it was enough to cause a bit of a stumble.

Lord Talzen
Aug 23rd, 2003, 09:55:36 AM
Talzen Holds the saber lock as long as he can, but lets the lock die as he goes past Ka'el. He stumbles slightly due to the force push but catches his footing quickly, as he spins to face Ka'el.

Talzen then uses the force to grab both of Ka'el's legs and pulls them sharply toward as he steps towards Ka'el, swinging at the Ka'el's midsection, with a right to left swing.

River Kincaid
Aug 23rd, 2003, 05:58:40 PM
River runs over to the side of the catwalk where Leten just fell from. He saw him hanging from a durasteel beam about five floors down and knew he was obviously hurt badly. Pursing his lips, he carefully judged his distance for a split second. It was not hard for a Forester hunter, he'd jumped from treeline to treeline on several hunts.

This would be no different, with the exception that these were metal beams and one false move, they'd be history.

Quick to his feet, he stepped back a few paces, took off in a dead run and leaped right over the edge.

Ka' el Darcverse
Aug 25th, 2003, 02:05:35 AM
Ka' el felt his legs being wrenched beneath him, but instead of fighting it, he went with the flow, falling on his back allowing the saber to pass over him harmlessly. As Talzen got into range, the young padawan drove his own saber upward, under Talzen's own saber and at his midsection.

"There is no ignorance; there is knowledge..."

Leten Snat
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:27:40 AM
Leten sees River coming down towards him. he holds on as long as he can but as River is drawing near, his grip give away, and he falls another 4 floors down, landing on his hip bone on another catwalk, feeling a splitting pain go throught his body... he thinks to himself..

well... at least I'm not dangling over nothing....

At this point he looks along the catwalk to see a large Granite Slug oozing its way towards Leten.. He trys to stand but hears a POP sound from his hip, and falls back to the floor...

"Today really is not my day..." Leten sighs....

River Kincaid
Aug 26th, 2003, 08:51:35 PM
River landed on the beam that Leten had just been on in a crouch, cushioned by the Force. Sighing, he recalculates he next jump as he sees Leten and the large slug. Acting quickly, he leaps again and knocks the slug away from the injured Padawan as he lands in yet another crouch a few inches away.

Leten didn't look good as River looked up above, he could hear the saber fight. "you know, this isn't going to be easy." He said as he looked at Leten.

Leten Snat
Aug 28th, 2003, 11:48:22 AM
Leten sighs and forces a smile as he looks up at River....

"Since when is life ever easy?"

Lord Talzen
Aug 28th, 2003, 11:57:48 AM
Talzen Spins off to his right side barely avoiding Ka'el's blade, which ended up cutting a part of his shirt. Talzen steps away from Ka'el's blade bringing his own on a downward strike at Ka'el's hand that is holding the lightsaber.. hoping to cut cleanly through Ka'el's hand and into Ka'el's body.

Ka' el Darcverse
Aug 29th, 2003, 12:16:02 AM
Ka' el quickly rolled to his side in an attempt to avoid the attack Talzen countered with, as he flopped onto his belly he felt the sting of a thousand matches igniting on his left shoulder. The tip of Talzen's blade bit into the sinewy flesh of the young padawan and he howled in pain.

"Aaaaarrgghh...."

Out of instinct he rolled again to add more distance, deactivating his blade as he moved, but unfortunately for him the catwalk ran out of room and he had to grip tightly to the side to keep from falling, his saber laying on the catwalk just inches from the edge.

Lord Talzen
Aug 29th, 2003, 11:45:15 AM
Talzen quickly releases his left hand from his saber, casting it out towars Ka'el, using the force to throw Ka'el's lightsaber off the edge, and a good distance away from Ka'el.

Talzen laughs as he looks down at Ka'el....

"How pathetic.... Goodbye young Jedi."

Talzen sends a force assisted Kick, with his right leg, into Ka'el's midsection, trying to knock him off the edge.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 29th, 2003, 09:43:51 PM
Another hand came out and pointed - the lightsabre halting in midair as another mind took hold of the Force and bent it to his will. It circled back into his outstretched hand and reignited as a gloved thumb touched the activation button. Still with his pipe in the other hand, the hooded being began to calmly advance, strolling forward.

Entertainment over. Well, for the Dark Sider it was over.

"You are right - that was pathetic. Pathetic how amateur you are, Sith". The voice was cold, precise and had a hint of deadly intent. "Run now, leave the Padawan alone and I'll spare your misreble life".

The sabre he held flashed in a loop as the Master began to see how it handled, how it was balanced. A resonable sabre, not in the class of his own, but what was? This blade would do quite well for what was required.

River Kincaid
Aug 30th, 2003, 03:59:49 AM
Knowing Leten was probably hurt pretty bad from his falls, getting him back up top to the Jedi Temple's med bay would be pretty tough.

"If only I had...." he looked around and saw exactly what he was looking for. "A speeder."

It was an old beater, but perhaps it would work as he ran over to it. He had never even seen a speeder until he and his family had been banished while his wife was pregnant for Ry-Obi. Since then he had taken a liking to them and had gotten under the hoods quite often.

River ran over to it and jumped in. With a quick act of hotwiring, the speeder started and then died.

Ka' el Darcverse
Aug 31st, 2003, 11:54:56 AM
As the foot came towards Ka' el he focused himself once more using every bit of the Force he knew to keep himself planted; "There is no death; there is the Force."

As the foot struck him he felt his ribs crack and the wind rush from his body, but he felt a calm he knew that his goals had been completed that Leten was safe for the moment.

He however did not fall and the last words before he collapsed came from another who had picked up his saber.

Lord Talzen
Sep 4th, 2003, 11:40:14 AM
Talzen turns to face Marcus. getting rather overconfident with his power, now that he has already defeted Ka'el, he desides to attack, casting out his hand to try and throw Marcus of the edge with the force...

Leten Snat
Sep 4th, 2003, 11:45:11 AM
Leten Laughs, and winces in pain as River trys to start the broken speeder...

"That speeder has been dead there for the last 2 years. Any a person could remove with their hands has been taking off, and sold for salvage. 3 of the 4 repulsor lifts are gone, so even if you did start the engine, it wouldn't lift off ..."

River Kincaid
Sep 5th, 2003, 04:11:34 AM
River stopped trying and looked over at his commarade. he knew he was injured beyond walking. "Well, I guess I'll have to carry you back up, unless you have any other ideas."