PDA

View Full Version : Did my Time (Teleran Balades)

Jarek T'chort
Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:25:36 AM
ooc: This is for Teleran Balades, but open to mercs, bounty hunters, fringers etc.

Why, oh why, thought Jarek, was it that no matter what corner of the galaxy you went to, customs officials were always rude? His unspoken question lingered in his mind as the short Agelmeri official's blue plumage ruffled. The official was rude, yes, but only as much as he could get away with. In this part of the galaxy, it was not wise to be impolite to an Imperial General, even if he was on leave. Now waiting in this humid, stuffy spaceport, with a miriad alien species milling around him, Jarek felt he'd be more at home in a command bunker then in this place. But he was here for a reason, to rest and relax, by hunting big game.

Taloned hands scrambled over Jareks heavy holdall bag, before the official produced a small scanner. After suffering the impunity of this creature scanning him, Jareks face twisted into a scowl.

"How long will be the duration of your visit to Agelmiri?" Snapped the avian.

"A week." Replied Jarek stiffly.

"Very well, purpose of your visit?" Inquired the stocky alien.

"A hunting trip, I've heard of your Midlothian screamers." Answered the tall Imperial.

The avian cocked its head to the side, then chuckled to itself. "Yes, yes, they are famous, good luck!"

Jarek nodded to the blue feathered alien, then moved out the way, squeezing past a crowd gathered in the enterance bay. He turned around and waited for his companion.

Frakorr
Aug 3rd, 2003, 03:01:54 PM
From the crowd Commander Tchort had just passed a towering Wookie emerged with a bowcaster slung on his back and a poncho on his shoulders. He walked confidently over to Jarek, smiling as he approached.

“ Not trying to be rude or anything, but I overheard your little chat to that customs official back there.” The Wookies expression changed to its business mode.

“ My names Frakorr, I’m a bounty hunter. Thing have been slow lately and I was wondering if you wanted an extra pair of hands on your hunting trip.”

Frakorr again smiled down at Jarek with a hopeful look in his eyes.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:44:15 AM
Jarek looked down at his bag for a second before a shadow passed over him.

"Teleran,....oh...." Jarek stopped as he saw the huge Wookie above him. The Wookie spoke in good basic;

“ Not trying to be rude or anything, but I overheard your little chat to that customs official back there.”

“ My names Frakorr, I’m a bounty hunter. Thing have been slow lately and I was wondering if you wanted an extra pair of hands on your hunting trip.”

Jarek drew himself up, he was a full 6ft but the Wookie still towered over the Imperial. He eyed the Wookie suspiciously...

"Frakorr? I thought Wookies still hated the Empire?" The Wookie merely smiled hopefully. "I have a tour booked with a local hunting firm, if your any good, we may have a use for you."

The hairy giant's nose rose slightly at the mention of the Empire, noted Jarek, but all in all, Frakkor seemed to be in it for a fast credit.

"Alright Frakkor, wait for my companion," Jarek nodded to the distant figure further down another cue of beings waiting to pass through customs. With a contented smile he motioned Frakkor to wait with him.

Teleran Balades
Aug 6th, 2003, 06:24:30 AM
Teleran patiently waited for the customs official to get done inspecting Jarek's bag and took a look around. The customs chamber was occupied a variety of species, some were recognized others, otheres were so bizarre that Tel doubted the were even an inteligent race. The temperature and humidity was a bit uncomfortable, he preferred a colders climate, but when Tchort offered him a spot on the hunting trip, he jumped at the chance.

"Sir, your next."

Teleran glanced at the bird-man, and noticing for the first time that Jarek was already through. Some people behind him started grumbling, but Balades couldn't make out what was said.

"Sorry, I guess I spaced out, here's my stuff."

After not to gently searching his bag, the alien scanned Tel and started te same set of questions.

"How long will be the duration of your visit to Agelmiri?" Snapped the avian.

"A week."

"Very well, purpose of your visit?"

"A hunting trip, I'm with the guy that was before me."

"Very well, good hunting."

Teleran walked quickly pasted the feathered biped. He checked his bag to make sure there was no damage, these customs people never changed. Seeing Jarek talking to a large Wookie, Tel walked up.

"These customs officials just about drive you mad. Who's this by the way?"

Jarek T'chort
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:14:16 AM
The Wookie mumbled something under his breath as Teleran walked over.

Jarek shot a look at the Wookie, but the hairy giants attention had focused on a flashing screen overhead.

"These customs officials just about drive you mad. Who's this by the way?"

Jarek turned to his fellow Imperial and smirked. "This is Frakkor, a wookie bounty hunter. Whilst you were enjoying Agelmiri hospitality, I have agreed with him that he can acompany us on our expidition. He will be meeting us halfway, at Ruyark station."

Jarek nodded at the Wookie as the lumbering creature wandered off into the crowd. The Wookie barred its fangs and grunted to itself before merging into the mass of beings pressing to get out of the spaceport.

Turning to Teleran, Jarek shifted his bag slightly on his arm, then spoke. "Tel, have you ever hunted a Screamer before?"
His hard face broke into a grin, and his eyebrows lifted. His amusement was due to the fact that Midlothian screamers were hardly easy to hunt. With that fact in mind, Jarek motioned a small service droid to carry the pairs' bags.

Hugo Masc
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:02:13 AM
From a small bar adjoining the waiting area of the Agel spaceport a tall, green skinned alien watched his quarry with dull narrow eyes....

Hugo Masc had a special interest in one of the two figures who had emerged from the customs section. Long reptilian fingers gripped his beaker as he regarded the stocky human.

"Teleran Balathesss." He hissed to himself. Hugo rose from his stool and let go of his beaker. The green liquid inside shimmered as the olive tanned humanoid unrapped his slender fingers from the elongated plastic beaker.

He had work to do. Hugo padded over toward the exit doors at the far end of the spacious corridor that led from customs, narrowly missing being trampled by a large Wookie. Licking his fangs, Hugo stole away into the obscurity of the crowd.

Rage
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:16:32 AM
Rage watched the olive skinned creature curiously, listening in on everything that was said between the two other men.

'A screamer, huh?' She thought to herself, suddenly thinking that she had time to kill.

Rage grabbed her case and ran after the creature who had just vacated his seat. She knew he was up to something that had to do with the talkative men and she wanted in on it, for she had immediately recognized Jarek Tchort. A smile played on her lips as she finally caught up to the lizard like man and placed a soft hand on his arm.

"Excuse me, Sir." She said as he turned around. "Name's Rage and I know you and I both heard the same conversation back there. What do you say to a hunting party of our own? I know one of the men and would just love to see what the two of them are up to. What do you say?"

Rage stood before him, arms crossed over her chest, her blasters open for all to see them. She glanced back to where Teleran and Jarek stood at customs and then back at him.

"Shall we have some fun?"

Hugo Masc
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:41:42 AM
Hugo froze dead in his tracks. Turning his neck 180 degress he regarded the young human woman adressing him. His mouth twisted up into a smile.
"Young lady, I am honoured to make your aquaintence. You see, I have a vendetta with that Imperial." He pointed an olive finger at Teleran Balades. "Hmm, might you tell me who you are, what you do, and how you know one of thozssse humans."
He was all business now, his hand rested on his Blas Tech DL-44 blaster nestled firmly in its holster. His smile remained but there was an edge to his voice, "Perhapsssss, Rage, my what an equisite moniker, we may come to ssssome sssort of...ahem, arrangement?"
Hugo's face broke into a grin as he noted her appearence, an attractive human female, but he saw past that, he saw in her eyes a bloodlust that he admired. How apt he thought. Rage. Almost,...poetic. His mind switched back to what she was saying now.

This woman could be very useful. Very useful indeed.

Rage
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:14:37 AM
Rage could not help but smile as she relayed her acquaintence with both Teleran and Jarek. The man's expression did not change as she spoke of her run in with the two men. She had seen Jarek aboard the 'Guilty Pleasures' when the Imperials attacked, trying to capture an Admiral Kraken and then once again, along with Teleran just not that long ago.

Her hands moved to her hips to rest above her blasters and she tilted her head at him.

"I'm not out for revenge or to settle a score." She smiled. "I'm an assasin by trade." Rage pulled out a hologram business card and handed it to him. "I am on leave right now, so I am free to take any job that comes my way. If I can be of any assistance to you, then by all means, let me know."

Teleran Balades
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:57:21 AM
Teleran eyed the wookie as he almost trampled a reptilian creature, for some reason he thought the individual was familiar. He turned back in time to catch Jarek's last comment and snorted.

"Hospitality indeed! As for Screamers, naw never hunted them before. I don't overly enjoy the hunt the biggest thing I've been after were Wild Gundarks, hardly a challenge."

Tel took another deep breath, the humidity was almost as bad as Thyferra.

"Have you found us anyplace to stay, yet. I'm kind of anxious to get going."

Jarek T'chort
Aug 13th, 2003, 07:43:05 PM
Jarek had indeed found acomodation for himself and Teleran. The Flying Juggernaut. It was a themed hotel, following the ancient mappers and explorers of the galaxy. Hotel management prided themselves on having a bit of Old Republic era junk in every room.

In Jarek's room for instance, a jagged peice of spacecraft fuselage was welded into his celing. Teleran had a large hatch cover in the middle of his floor. Eccentric was hardly the word. Then again, Jarek knew that a Rodian owned this place, the species was obbsesed, it seemed, with cheap gimicks.

However the Hotel overlooked the glittering southern sea, the rooms were spacious and clean, all in all, a pleasant enough place to wind down before the hunt.

Jarek saw Teleran waling down the wide stairs leading to the reception. He instead, made his way to the office of Screamer Hunts Ltd. Inside, at a cheap balsa desk, sat a squat Nikto, his craggy face broke into a smile as he saw his new customer. Jarek smiled back and settled down to wait for Teleran.

Teleran Balades
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:10:39 PM
The theme of the hotel amused Teleran, it was doubtful that these could be from the Old Republic time. The trinkets were probably space wreckage taken from junkyards, though some might be genuine. The manager was most likely just making something up to get more credits. Even so the hotel had above average accomodations and the view of the ocean was pleasant.

He had gotten up a bit early to scout the place out, and to think. The man he had seen at the spaceport was still fixed in his mind he swore the man was familiar. but he couldn't place the face with a name. Perhaps he would find out later.

On his way back toward his room Teleran spoted Jarek on the hunting lodge and decided to follow him in.

Frakorr
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:33:05 PM
Frakorr hardly noticed the crowds as he made his way to the speeder hire. He chose what he could afford. A rather worn out Mobquet Overracer. He proceeded to fit his equipment into the saddlebags. Then with a smile he set off down the road out of town and headed for Ruyark station.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 17th, 2003, 07:20:37 AM
Two days later....

Lush purple leaves and palms rustled in the soft breeze of the moring air. Here and there in the forest, small creatures scuttled through the undergrowth, their minds bent on survival, for in the shaded forests of Agelmeri lurked a fearsome creature. The Screamer.

Two longs silver horns protruded from its head, a bony ridge covered its small bright eyes, it was covered in hard scales and fine hair. The Screamer stood at three meters tall, but went on all fours. Every now and then, the large armoured head was raised to the pale sky and the Screamer let out a blood curdling screech.

Watching all this, was the hunting party. Jarek lay in plain fatigues, over looking the samll group of Screamers. Beside him in the bushes were his companions. Teleran, Frakkor and four Nikto guards. They held long slugthrower rifles in their hands, and carefully watched the Screamers. Silence reigned on the dapled forest floor. Any loud noises would scare away the prey.

Suddenly, the bushes rustled and parted, revealing the second group of the hunting party. A large Quarren came first, followed by a green skinned alien and finally a raven haired woman. Jarek looked up at them, cursing as the Screamers broke and hurtled into the bushes. The Nikto nearest him muttered something under his breath, whatever he said, Jarek knew it was'nt a friendly remark to the newcomers.

Looking again at them, the light through the canopy now showing clearly their faces, Jarek recognised the woman. Rising slowly he nodded to her, then asked her an open ended question. "I belive we have met before ms...?"

Rage
Aug 17th, 2003, 10:59:42 AM
"Yes, we have met before, Commander Tchort." Rage said, giving him a deadly smile, but not her name. Her eyes scanned the hunting party one by one as she took everyone in.

"It seems we have interrupted your hunt. I apologize for that, Commander." Rage said, looking up at Hugo, watching as his own gaze took in everyone.

Not wearing her usual weaponary for this, Rage reached back behind her to make sure her blaster was tucked into her belt underneath her jacket. Feeling the cool weapon, she smiled to herself and nodded a greeting to Teleran.

"It has been awhile." She said with a smile.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 17th, 2003, 11:16:21 AM
Where the screamers had been, a lone animal raced across the now empty space after the fleeing screamers. An animal that barreled forward, powered by churning muscles that rippled beneath a sheen of silver fur. Massive paws beat the ground, and every so often a huffing snort punctuated the pounding paws as a whiplike tail flowed behind the beast. It was a blur of motion, and racing across the open clearing, it let its strides carry it ever closer to the pack of screamers that had fled.

And as soon as it had appeared, the huge beast was gone, disappearing into the brush with a flurry of motion. A scuffle followed, and a growl filled the air as it tore through the pack of screamers seeking cover.

The growl of a vornskr.

Teleran Balades
Aug 17th, 2003, 04:24:21 PM
"Yes, it has."

Teleran looking inquisitvly at Hugo more than paying attention to rage. His curiosity finally got the better of him.

"I saw you at the spaceport, you seem familiar. Who are you?"

Any reply was cut short by a loud resonating growl, seemingly distant, coming from the direction that the Screamers had run. He raised the rifle to his shoulder carefully watching for any signs of a threat in the thick under-growth.

Hugo Masc
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:25:57 AM
Hugo eyed the inquisitive human with cold black eyes. As opened his mouth to reply a shiver inducing howl came from nearby.
"Ack! What in the galaxy wassss that!" He demanded of a Nikto standing near him.
"I not know sah, is not screamer." The craggy faced hunter replied, his rifle scope scanning the bushes.
Hugo turned his attention back to the now combat poised Imperial. "My name is Dagor Trand, I'm a private citizen, out to enjoy mysssself. Do I seem familiar to you human?"
He hoped in the back of his mind that Rage did'nt blow his cover, humans were stupid creatures, they could only be trusted as far as you could throw them.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:39:25 AM
When the growl came, Jarek still had his attention focused on the woman. Teleran spun around in unison with the Nikto hunters. Jarek fingered his blaster uneasily.

"Well you see Ms, I know who you are, I did a little digging after the last time we met.....Rage." Jarek allowed himself a wide grin."Oh yes, and since joining the Soveriegnty I am a Colonel General, Commandant of the stormtrooper corps." Nodding to Teleran he spoke again. "That is my comrade Imperial Sovereign Captain Teleran Balades."

The Nikto hunters shifted warily at the name dropping. Jarek duly noted it.

Brushing moss from his boots he disregarded Rage and spoke to everyone. "You know what that was?" A flurry of shaking heads greeted his question. "Well I think there is a vornskr out there. If anyone has any knowledge about the Thrawn era and Talon Karade you may be familiar with them. Pretty fearsome creatures, though what this one is doing here I have no idea."
Nodding at the biggest Nikto, Jarek spoke again. "I say we should hunt this thing, it may be very rewarding, I think that Runyark station would pay well for a vornskr hide."
Jareks face again twisted into a smile as he awaited the groups reactions.

Rage
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:36:37 AM
Rage smiled at both Jarek and Teleran, making a mental note of the name Hugo had assumed. She glanced back at Teleran and said,

"Well, I think the Colonel General here just cleared up who I am for you."

Rage turned to face Jarek again, her head tilted to one side.

"Well, congratulations are in order, aren't they?" She smiled. "And you have done your homework, I am somewhat impressed."

The group's attention was caught at the noise they all heard and everyone began to murmur, wondering what it was when Jarek himself explained it. Rage shook her head, trying not so smile at how he seems to naturally take over.

'Going to have to keep an eye on this one.' She thought to herself, watching every move he made.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:24:43 PM
She dove into the pack of animals - ha! Fearsome creatures. They might have been comparable in size to her, but they were thinner; leaner. She'd have a good laugh about it when she returned to the lodge later in the week. She'd heard stories from other hunters, but disregarded them as she walked into the jungles, alone. With no weapons aside from a skinning knife. She'd gotten a lot of funny looks, and even an offer to notify any next of kin in the wake of her death. She'd laughed in the man's face.

But now... now she was hunting. She'd been following the pack for a day and a half now, changing when the need arose; hardly sleeping at all. She hadn't taken notice of the two hunting parties, being so caught up in her own task, and as she'd sprinted across the small clearing, so focussed on her targets was she that she didn't notice them, nor even catch their scents as they'd placed themselves upwind of both the screamers and her (as coincidental as it had been).

Tearing through the startled animals, the vornskr twisted her body to the right, snagging a screamer by the neck and wrenching the animal bodily to the side, snapping tendons and bones in a single move. It was a clean kill, and the animal had gone limp the moment her jaw had closed around its neck. It wasn't one of the larger ones, but the vornskr didn't care. This was just a meal anyhow. She planned on going deeper into the forest for the larger ones as it was.

Slowing to a stop, the beast watched as the rest of the pack of screamers disappeared, her own catch still hanging limp from her jaws. She turned, and began dragging her catch back through the underbrush, out into the small clearing she'd passed through earlier, headed for where she'd set up her small camp a short distance away.

Hugo Masc
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:22:10 AM
The small camp had been cast into darkness. Small tents clustered together in the small clearing. Muted noises came from the largest tent where a warm glow emmited from through the tent duraplast.

Hugo Masc cupped his long hands around a bowl of blue/gray mushrooms. He dipped an explorative finger into the soup next to the bowl. Needless to say, the foods were not to his liking. Next to him sat Rage, on his other side one of the foul smelling Nikto hunters, and across the table sat the Imperials. Tchort was debating the finer points of Grand Admiral Desaria's Imp faction with the squat Quarren hunt leader while Balades sat quietly regarding Hugo.

Hugo had advoided him since the two groups had met. In a group of twelve it was no mean trick. Hugo kept to himself, he occasionally shared words with Rage but he was not exactly going to haev an intellectual conversation with a human.

His cool blood warmed slightly as he finally broke into Telerans thoughts. "Misssta Balades? You seem thoughtfull, might I asssk what occupies your wonderings?"
Hugo sat back, and an affable smile settled on his narrow blue lips.

Teleran Balades
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:37:23 PM
(Sorry about the late reply. Soccer started and I have 2 two hour practices a day. As well as some family outings before school starts.)

Most of the past day or so had been devoted to making camp. Teleran had helped absentmindedly think about various things, but mostly about this Dagor Trand. He had never heard of someone by this name, but the face was still familiar. Perhaps Tel might have know this fellow before. The Imperial Captain considered his life before joining the Sovereignty Navy a different life all together and rarely talked about it.

In the evening when the two groups were sharing a meal Teleran was sitting across from had time to collect his thoughts to Dagor, as he was sure this wasn't the alien's real name. Beside him Jarek was conversing with a Quarren hunter about Various qualities of the Sovereignty.

"You seem very familiar, though I don't recognize your name."

He dared make a comment about what was weighing his mind down.

"Are you or were you, perhaps, affiliated with the New Republic?"

He was studying the non-humans face intently looking for any ign that might betray his thought and emotions. Tel wasn't sure if any of the others caught his question.

Hugo Masc
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:13:56 PM
"Are you or were you, perhaps, affiliated with the New Republic?"

Hugo stiffened slightly, he cursed himself for his lack of control. Even the dimwitted mammal would notice that. Laying his meal to one side he looked up calmly at the human.

"I was. My name, which you may have realised is not Dagor Trand. It is Hugo Masc, former New Republic officer." Hugo allowed himself a wry smile before his mouth downturned. "But you, Captain Balades! You may remember me. I was present at your fathers death."

The table had fallen silent. Hugo had let his chips fall. He would now see where they landed.

Rage
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:10:01 AM
All the years of self discipline and training as an assasin kept Rage from spitting out her drink as Hugo spoke. She slowly placed her cup on the table, her eyes going to Hugo, widening a bit and then she turned to look at Jarek for a moment, then her gaze slid to Teleran to watch his reaction.

'This is new.' Rage thought to herself, her left hand reaching underneath her jacket to slip behind her to grasp her blaster...just in case Teleran decided to do something infront of everyone. Hugo, for right now, was her employer and she had a job to do.

All of Rage's senses were on alert. Underneath her jacket she flexed her biceps, making sure her throwing knives were still in place and allowed herself a small smile. She never went anywhere withougt her precious knives, they came in handy numerous times.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:58:36 AM
The change had come and gone, and in the brief time she'd revrted back to her human form, s'Il had skinned, cooked, and eaten some of the screamer she'd hunted down. But now, she was on another hunt; though this one much different from her previous chase. She'd smelled those of the other camp while dragging the screamer back to her own secluded shelter, and after dinner, had decided to investigate.

And so, the silver-backed vornskr padded silently through the woods, listening carefully as mingling voices became louder. Keeping her hulk close to the ground, she brushed by low-lying foliage without a sound, her eyes piercing into the darkness. Yellow orbs glinted momentarily, then blinked as she moved forward, and into the edge of the camp. The voices had stopped then, as wella s all action, and she briefly wondered if she'd been spotted.

But no.

Sitting down on her haunches beside the entrance to one of the tents, she watched as all eyes seemed to lock on two individuals sitting at a table closer to the center of the camp. She was colorblind, given no way for her to distinguish the colors of anything around her as her world was set in a monochrome greyscale. She had no idea that one of the men was green; just that he talked funny.

Curios as to the exchange, she sat patiently, watching with interest.

Teleran Balades
Aug 22nd, 2003, 01:05:46 PM
Tel smiled at Hugo's reaction, clearliy the alien green-skinned man hadn't expected that remark. Tel's blood went cold at Hugo's remark though. If this alien was in any involved with the Republic's treachary he would tear the man limb from limb. Teleran replied with a calm voice that didn't match his emotions.

"You were with NR Inteligence? Or with the storm team?"

Beneath the table the captain fists clenched and unclenched.

"Either way, I still very much would llike to kill you and anyone else invloved in that firefight."

Tel was sure the alien wouldn't have spoken if he didn't have anything else to say. Though the man would best speak up soon.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:38:25 PM
Jarek's conversation was stopped short in mid scentence.

He turned, his eyes fixing on the green skinned alien, then flicking to Tel. A veritable bombshell had been dropped, Jarek knew the whole subject of Tel's background and father were strictly off limits. Then Jarek realised how little he knew of his comrade. Now, perhaps, was the time to be enlightened.

Jarek threw a glance around the table. The Nikto's were listening with half interest, but Rage had a ready look in her eyes, and her eyes were trained on Tel. Hugo was loking tense, his eyes resting squarely like everyone else, on Tel.

For a moment, Jareks eye caught movement out in the darkening forest around the camp. The shadow moved quickly, and darted into the brush. His attention switched uncomfortably from the dark jungle to the table again. Whatever happened, it seemed as though his blaster may yet come in useful.

Hugo Masc
Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:25:34 PM
Hugo swallowed uncomfortably. Balades was calm , far too calm. Masc now spoke with no lisp, his trim voice showing his millitary background. Around the table not a sound was heard. Deadly silence filled the humid air.

"Balades, I was in NR intel. But do not be hasty here. The NR was not to blame for the death of your father. That cantina held Imperial agents. Unfortunately five members of the storm team had...an...ahem...vendetta against your father. He owed them serious money. He had been a gambler Tel, as you know, he gambled too much, those five men decided to teach him a lesson."

Hugo paused for breath, letting out a sigh he carried on. "You see, these corrupt men killed him. But the rest of us only found out after their gambling ring had been broken up."

The truth was out, now Hugo anxiously scanned Telerans face, and looked pointedly at Rage. If this got out of hand, she better be good at what she did.

Rage
Aug 25th, 2003, 08:08:03 AM
Rage listened intently, picking up on the missing speech impedement of her green friend.

'What else are you hiding?' She thought to herself, ready for anything with her hand still on her blaster behind her back. Her gaze kept drifting between Teleran and Jarek. If anything was going to happen, it would start with either of those two.

She felt Hugo's gaze on her and she turned to look at him briefly, reassuring him with her sharp eyes that she would not disappoint him if things turned.

Teleran Balades
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:36:59 PM
Yes, it was true his father gambled more than he should have; though this new information was surprising, still someting seemed to be unsaid. Still trying hard to keep his emotions under control he contemplated on what to say next. Rage seemed tense..eager for action, but not carelessly. Jarek's thoughts he couldn't even guess at, the man was very good at keeping his expression neutral. Tel did see the General's eyes linger for a moment on a set of trees, but whatever it was undicernable.

Maybe I can goad you into telling more.

"Republic intel was never up to Imperial status, not surprising they couldn't find shady organizations within their ranks. I believe you though my instincts tell me I should shoot you on the spot, or at least take you prisoner for the Sovereignty....Information is never free. What do you want from me?"

Hugo Masc
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:07:59 AM
Hugo could see that Balades was having a veritable war trying to keep his emotions in check. Despite Hugo's cold blood, he felt uncomfortablely hot. He caught Rage's glance, some reassurance came back to him.

A Nikto sitting beside him finally tired of the drawn out conversation. "Sah, sayin to him now ya demand!"

Hugo threw a look of daggers at the being, turning back to Teleran, he let out a breath and continued.

"You are correct, information is never free and yes I expect this to be repaid." Licking his lips, Hugo carried on. "I know where these men can be found Teleran. If I take you to them, you can extract revenge on them. What I...ahem...want, is, in fact, you." The Nikto spat messily over the brush floor as Hugo paused.
"Balades, in return for this I want you to do a small thing for me."
Turning slightly, he waved a lazy finger at Jarek Tchort. "Kill him."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 26th, 2003, 08:56:13 AM
She sat, out in the open and unconcerned for the most part as she watched all that was happening. Things seemed to be getting interesting; at least more interesting than hunting doxwn a screamer at the time being, and s'Il let her curiosity get the better of her, as she stood slowly. Putting one paw in front of the other, the vornskr padded lightly toward the table, the scent of the party's currently uneaten food filling her nostrils. If she hadn't eaten earlier, she would have found it to be enticing.

Her ears swiveled forward, to better catch what was being said, and her tail remained still, every so often lashing back and forth behind her. Silver sheen of fur rippling over powerful muscles, the beast stalked forward, quietly, her massive paws silent as they touched the ground.

Coming to a stop, she once more sat, lowering her bulk beside the campfire - her eyes catching the flames in their tawny reflection as they glistened in the night. Ears forward, she listened intently.

It would be interesting to see what came next.

Rage
Aug 26th, 2003, 10:15:09 AM
Rage had been looking at Jarek when Hugo spoke and his order to have him killed shocked her to the core, but she did not let it show.

Keeping still, she waited with baited breath to see what would happen next. She knew Teleran would not do what Hugo had ordered. Frell, for an assasin she had some morals. She would not kill anyone unless she was hired to do it...or her life or someone's she knew was in peril.

Though she would never admit it openly, she liked Jarek, liked how he worked and secretly admired him. But to openly say that, oh frell no. She made it known she was not a fan of the Imperials.

Rage turned her head slightly, keeping Teleran in her side vision as she seemed to relax, but still tense and ready to act if need be.

'What next, Hugo?' She thought to herself with a smirk.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 27th, 2003, 05:06:31 AM
Tel and Hugo were staring intently at one another. Jarek rose slowly, his mind working feverishly to work out who this Masc character was.

"Beings, I belive there has been a slight misunderstanding here." Jarek hefted a small, nasty looking blaster in his right hand. Looking pointedy at Rage, then Hugo, Jarek stepped back from the table.

Then, all hell broke loose. The Quarren sitting at the end of the table suddenly let out a cry as he was flattened by the armoured bulk of a Screamer. Another predator crushed the skull of one of the Nikto who had brought his rifle to bear, just too late. The jungle brush had suddenly come alive with predators bouding into the camp. Jarek leapt back and fell sprawling into the bracken as the biggest Screamer leapt to the table and let out the bloodcurdling screech for which they were named. Confusion reigned as the table was overturned. It was each being for itself now...

The hunters were now, the hunted.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 28th, 2003, 12:25:33 PM
The beast stood, her senses instantly alert as the pack of screamers stormed the encampment. Like a morphing tidal wave they came, streaming from the brush and swarming over the would-be hunters and trampling a few in their wake.

s'Il herself had stood immobile for the first few seconds, jostled as the armoured bodies rushed past her until finally acting. Twisting her neck around, the vornskr caught one of the running screamers by its snout, and wrenching violently, swung it around to crash into another of the animals. Both crashed to the ground and were summarily trampled beneath the pounding feet of their packmates.

The silverbacked beast growled, at first a low rumbling that began in the bottom of her throat as she turned to face the oncoming mass of bodies. Confusion reigned then, and she spent the first few minutes tearing into the screamers that had decided to surround her in the hopes of bringing her down. And for those minutes it seemed as though she would win.

Until two of them rushed her from both sides, one barreling into her and the other lunging for her legs. The vornskr fell with a pained huff, instantly set upon by the crazed screamers. And at the epicenter of it all, the vornskr. Sharp teeth gnashing and massive paws lashing out to swipe the animals away. Pulling herself up, s'Il managed to drag herself out from beneath the pile, her once spotless silver pelt now bloodstained and cut in many places where both teeth and claws had made contact. Screamers still latched onto her mercilessly as she pressed forward before once more collapsing beneath the weight of her combined attackers...

... and ten feet from the man who'd drawn a blaster.

Rage
Aug 29th, 2003, 12:33:04 PM
Rage jumped out of her chair, bringing her chrome blaster out from behind her as she fired upon the one Screamer that had over turned the table. Her free hand reached out to push Hugo out of his chair as another Screamer came rushing into the camp. It leapt at her and she ducked out of the way, its claws scraping the skin of her bicep through her jacket. She let out a cry of pain, feeling intense heat run up her arm.

Glaring at the beast as it paced back and forth in the camp, she watched as it set it's eyes on Jarek and Teleran. For a moment she thought about letting them fend for theirselves, but her decency kept her from letting the Screamer eat them alive. As the Screamer lunged for them, Rage lifted her blaster and shot off once, smiling in satisfaction as the beast fell limp to the ground.

Looking up at Jarek, she winked at him with a mischievious smirk and then turned around to make sure Hugo was ok.

Teleran Balades
Aug 29th, 2003, 07:54:09 PM
Teleran didn't even know what hit him. The table was thrown over tossing him and one of the lucky Nikto to the ground. He rolled to his feet trying to fiqure out what had attacked, the high pitched screams told the captain the aggresors identity. One of the large beasts jumped right in front of him. The screamer glared at him, a frenzied glint in it's eyes as the creature darted forward faster than a being its size would suggest. A blast flew out from the opposite side of the broken table and hit the beast, droping the creature to the ground.

Teleran saw Rage smirk at the screamers demise, but the continued attack cut it short. More screamers were rushing into the clearing by the second.

Teleran swore realizing his blaster had been torn from its holster by the first screamer. Tel hadn't know how close the razor-sharp claws had come. Luckily though he still had his vibroblade, the weapon was modified with an extended blade. The knife probably wouldn't do much good, but at, least it was something.

Two screamer cornered in the nikto soldier. The craggy faced alien felled one with a blaster, but the other one pounced on him, tearing at his flesh. Tel ran toward the beast and it's screaming prey. A long slash from the blade sliced through the creatures flesh, cutting its ribs in half. The screamer droped to the ground blood streaming from its side. Tel brought down the sword again, skewering the creature's head.

Teleran looked around hoping to find a way to drive the attackers off.

Hugo Masc
Aug 30th, 2003, 05:00:01 AM
*Thud*
Hugo fell to the floor, his arm in tatters. The screamer above him slashed at his arm again. He cried out in pain as the long talons dug into his flesh. Hugo rolled away, his blaster in his good hand now, raisaing it he squeezed off a shot into the screamers neck. The beast let out a low growl and fell face forward onto Hugo's arm.

Around him the camp was in dissaray. The tents had been torn down and the table had been snapped clean in half. Hugo tried to pull himself free, his efforts wasted, the creature was too heavy. He was defenseless, he had seen Rage shoot a screamer off Tchort and Balades' back, so he had no allies in his view.

Pulling a sharp vibroblade he sliced it into his arm. Cold logic filled him, as did the searing pain of the blade cutting his flesh. Hugo twisted his arm, the bone snapping like a wyry sappling. With one final twist he pulled his body free of the animal. His arm would grow back over time, right now he had more chance of getting away by cutting his arm off then staying put to wait for the Imperial's mercy. He rolled down an slight rise, vegitation crumpling under him, sticking into him. It was a testement to how much pain Hugo could endure.

Finally, the being stopped his tumble. Lying face down in the dirt, he fought to catch his breath. Now, with no guides or comm eqiupment, he was on his own.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 30th, 2003, 05:30:12 PM
Jarek rose slowly, blaster in hand. He winced as a pain shot into his head. A few screamers were still bounding about the camp, but between himself, Rage, Teleran and Fubal the Nikto they shot down the remaining beasts. All in all, the camp was a disaster zone. Ripped canvas and tupperware was strewn with the same reckless abandon that the still smoking bodies of the screamers showed.
"Well," Jarek called out, "we came for a hunt. How'd you find it Tel?" His seemingly jovial remark was not matched by his facial expression. His cool green eyes stared at the remaining members of the party. His jaw was set.

Looking at Rage he smiled thinly. "Madam Simone, may I offer my thanks for your timely intervention. We owe you. But perhaps you have some clue as to why Mr. Masc wanted me dead?" He noted the absence of Masc, the green skinned alien had dissapeared into the jungle. Right now Jarek wished Frakkor had not been held up about his speeder by the Agelmiri enforcers, a wookies tracking skills would be extremely handy right about now...

Suddenly, a small movement caught his eye, Jarek turned a calculating eyeball over a large fuzz of furr and blood lying near him. A long whip like tail showed Jarek instantly it was a Vornskr. The Imperial stooped slightly before turning to the others and putting on a tight grin but made no attempt to hide the suprise in his voice. "I think we have our Vornskr too."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 30th, 2003, 07:00:45 PM
For the first few moments after the last screamer had been killed, the vornskr simply lay where she'd fallen, unwilling to get up. Her ribcage rose and fell with each breath, her once beautiful pelt marred with blood rolling easily over moving bones and muscle as she breathed. Tawny eyes closed, she lay unmoving as those around the camp began to move around.

But, it was at the last words spoken that her ears perked at. Her muscles strained, screaming at her as she tried to pull herself to her paws. It was a lost cause. The vornskr whurffled, and snorting blood from her nostrils, turned her tawny gaze upwards to stare at the man standing over her.

And again she struggled to rise, her massive body shuddering in pained exertion.

Rage
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:01:39 AM
Rage turned around quickly to find that Hugo had actually disappeared. Her hand clenched the blaster in her hands and she slowly shook her head.

"Why, that ungratefull...." She muttered to herself.

"...But perhaps you have some clue as to why Mr. Masc wanted me dead?"

Rage snapped her head back, her eyes narrowing at Jarek. Before she could utter a reply, she saw his attention focus elsewhere and she followed it, her eyes widening at the injured vornskyr laying a few feet away in the brush. She watched as it struggled to get up and then fall helplessly back to the ground.

She slowly moved towards the creature, her weapon trained at its head. Her eyes traveled over the length of it, taking in it's injuries.

"It is badly hurt." She whispered aloud, more to herself than anyone else. Kneeling down, she placed a gentle hand on the soft fur.

"No one's going to hurt you." She whispered to the creature as she lowered her weapon. "It seems you were a victim in this as well, weren't you girl?"

Keeping her eyes on the vornskyr, Rage spoke to Jarek.

"Jarek, I have no clue as to why Hugo wanted you dead. It was a suprise to me as it was to you."

Realizing she was bleeding from the gash in her left arm, Rage got up slowly as to not spook the vornskyr and then walked back to one of the tents and rummaged around until she found some bandages. Walking back out, she turned the table back over and began to dress her wound, fumbling with the bandages at first. Letting out a sigh of annoyance, Rage placed her blaster back into it's holster behind her back and went to work on cleaning and dressing her injury.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:54:08 AM
"Jarek, I have no clue as to why Hugo wanted you dead. It was a suprise to me as it was to you." Rage told him. Jarek smiled slightly at her calling him by his first name. "Already on first name terms Ms Simone? Quite the forward type are'nt you." Jarek broke into a grin as he saw her reaction.

But Rage knew nothing. A pity, Jarek was not the type of man to take death threats idly. Rage was dressing her wound, fumbling with the bandages. Tel had been silent since the Screamers had been driven off, Jarek decided not to interupt Tel's thoughts.

He turned to one of the Nikto, who stood over the bodies of his companions. A silent anger had been steadily building in him, finaly he broke.

"Juk!"

The Nikto looked up and an angry look flashed across his rugged features.

"May I ask you, Juk, how in Tarkins name did the Screamers get into our camp!?" Jarek demanded, a measured look about him.

The alien shook its head.

"Oh really?" Jarek pressed, a twitch appeared as he spoke now. "Well you were our guides and our protection. You have failed us Juk. Why did you not plant sensors as is customary?"

"Bah human, Mr Masc paid me no plant sensors." Shot back Juk.

"I should shoot you now, slime." Jarek told Juk, before he looked down at the vornskr, still bleeding profusely. A grim silence fell over the ruined camp, broken only by distant calls of wildlife in the greying jungle, morning was finaly breaking.

Finally Jarek broke the silence. "Well we better get moving, Ms Simone, are you fit to travel?" Without waiting for an answer he shook Tel by the shoulder. "Tel, are you ok? Come on, we need to get moving."

Teleran Balades
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:55:07 PM
"Yeah, I'll be fine."

The answer he gave didn't match what he was thinking. He was anxious to find Masc and get whatever information he had, if any. Though the intellingence agent's price was out of the question it would do no could to be both an ex-imperial and an ex-republic officer. It would give him an extremly bad reputation, and without a doubt several bounties on his head as well.

Tel walked over to the broken table and grabed a tattered cloth to wipe the blood off of the unactive vibroblade. While cleaning the weapon he slowly scanned what was left of the camp. all of the tents had been collapsed the table broken and various items strewn all over the clearing. The stench of blood was quite strong. Tel was eager to move on fearing that more predators would be attracted by the sent.

He moved over toward one of the dead hunters on pocketed his weapons and and power packs.

"We'd better salvage as much as we can. It's a long hike back to civilization."

Rage
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:39:57 PM
With her lip curled, Rage mutely imitated Jarek's question as she walked past him and childishly stuck her tongue out at him behind his back. She was in no mood to be dealt with so remotely right now. Her 'job' had just disappeared into the woods without a word, leaving her on her own, then the Screamers attacked and now she was stuck with a few Imperials until they reached civilization.

She watched Jarek's retreating back, her hand balled into a fist as she fought the urge to deck him one. She may quietly respect him, but that would not stop her from smacking the frell out of him given the chance.

That idea suddenly brought a smile to her face and she gathered her things, softly humming a light tune she had heard at the last hit she had been on the day before.

Hugo Masc
Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:42:54 AM
A soft humming echoed in the misty jungle. Its pitch and intensity grew and grew, drowning out the dawn calls of the various widlife of Alegmiri.

The humming woke Hugo. His sleep was interupted, he looked around, trying to discern the source to no avail. His arm wracked with pain as he tried to raise himself, a large messy scab had formed over his arm stub, causing Hugo to squirm as he touched it lightly. He was cold, he had not been in direct sunlight for hours. His strength was waning.

Struggling upright, Hugo stumbled on, his brain working at full pelt to figure how he could get out of this mess. After all, he thought to himself, it was'nt his fault, he had done his best, only for those beasts to ambush the camp. His thoughts switched to Rage, she would not be pleased, no, not at all. Though, Hugo summised, a large amount of credits placed into the account of Fatal Beauty Inc would remedy the situation.

Jarek Tchort was still alive though, which made Hugo sick to his stomachs. The Imperial was his enemy, though he did not know it. He stood in the way of Teleran. Hugo needed his scores settled, he wanted the men who had killed Telerans father dead, and he knew how strong Telerans lust for revenge was.

By now, Hugo had reached a small clearing, he lay prone on the floor and soaked up the morning rays, the humming in his ears leaving as sleep took a hold once more.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:00:36 AM
She lay, unmoving as those around her moved about, bandaging their own wounds and gathering their possessions. It'd caught her off guard, when the screamers tore into the camp, and the vornskr had very literally been overrun - did screamers have memories? Did they remember the beast from earlier in the day, ripping into their pack and taking one of their own as her meal? The attack would make sense if they did...

... but that wasn't the immediate problem at the moment, and s'Il was at a loss of what to do. The tone in the man's voice didn't help but make her suspicious of his intentions, and while the woman's words were kind; her touch soft on the bloody pelt, the vornskr once more moved to sit up - this time succeeding in remaining upright. Tawny eyes casting left and right, she sat for a few minutes, watching those around her...

... and keeping a wary eye on the man who'd claimed her as theirs.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:49:37 PM
A grim silence fell over the party as Jarek packed the last few salvageable goods into a large rucksack. He hefted it up onto his back and turned to the others.

"Well, the good news is we have provisions to last for at least a week, maybe two. Rations for everyone." He turned an eye to Juk. "Juk, you are only coming with us because you know the Screamers and can help us. You will be a drain on the supplies and I should kill you now for your treachery but," Jarek sighed slowly, " We need you. For now"

Looking again at the vornskr he saw the beast gazing at him. Its eyes bored into him it seemed before the predator spluttered more blood down its fur. Jarek spoke again. "What the hell do we do with that thing? Rage, as you seem to have adopted it, you have any suggestions?"

While the party talked, Juk looked at the Imperial, his sharp voice seemed to hurt the Niktos ears. Juk spat out his gum and rose slowly. He would lead them out, but what the human did'nt realise was, Juk did'nt need them.

Rage
Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:30:20 PM
Rage turned to glare at Jarek as he spoke, then she turned to look at the injured Vornskyr. She watched her for a moment and then reached into her bag for the confiscated bandages and walked slowly and quietly back over to the creature's side.

She ignored everyone else as she began talking in soothing tones to the injured animal. She held up a vial of anti-biotics and quickly but carefully cleaned what she could before the Vornskyr decided to take off one of Rage's limbs with her teeth.

Continuing to talk to the animal, she looked over her job at bandaging and worried her bottom lip in between her teeth.

"It'll have to do, sweetheart." Rage whispered to the Vornskyr. She reached out to stroke her fur softly one more time and then cautiously stood up. Rage looked over at Jarek and shrugged her shoulders.

"She'll do what she wants to, I guess." She replied, grabbing her belongings. "Let's get out of here."

Frakorr
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:00:42 PM
A few minutes later a rustling in the bushes halted the movement of the group. Frakorr came up behind them with his bowcaster up and ready. Jarek looked round. “ Frakorr where ha….”

He stopped when the wookie didn’t lower his weapon. “ I have been tracking you for a little while now, I found your camp or what was left of it.” Lowering his barrel a fraction he continued, his voice becoming louder. “ NOBODY moves till you tell me what the hells going on!”

Teleran Balades
Sep 4th, 2003, 04:40:22 PM
Tel had already packed as much of the gear he could in his own pack and was content to watch Rage bandage the Vornsk. He didn't really have any affinity with medical skills, or love for it, though watching someone that had at least some skill was fascinating.

A low rustling in the leaves caught his attention. He didn't expect a large wookie to barge into the group. He wasn't that good about telling these beasts appart, but he recognized this one from the spaceport. The hairy aliens grunts and growls made no sense to him though, seeing as he didn't understand Shyriiwook.

Teleran let his hand rest on the blaster at his hip and eyed Jarek. His fellow officer seemed to understand the beast well enough.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 4th, 2003, 05:58:08 PM
Frakkor seemed agitated as Jarek slowly turned to face the Wookie. He glared at the hairy alien. The Wookie spoke in his native tounge, but Jarek had spent many idle hours in messes and barracks studying alien tounges alongside martial arts and weapons training, he always lived by the age old milliatry moto, be prepared.

"Frakkor, lower your weapon. We were attacked by a party of screamers, we are all thats left." He swept a hand toward Tel, Rage and Juk. "The question is, why did you not assist us?" He caught a glimpse of Tel grasping his blaster. Jarek had holstered his, he could'nt draw fast enough to bring down the Wookie without being despatched himself. He saw Rage take a prepatory breath, but his eyes met hers and he shook his head before turning back to Frakkor.

"Frakkor I do not pay beings who point bowcasters at me," he paused silently before letting out another remark in his grim voice, "I kill them."

Frakorr
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:20:33 PM
Frakorr smiled " Since I cant get paid if I'm dead..."
He lowered his weapon and taking theatrical bow he slung it on his back. "I wont argue with you. Your one of the few people I could say was anything like a friend, since everyone else I know is dead."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 5th, 2003, 04:45:19 PM
s'Il was motionless as the woman did her best to clean and bandage the wounds, only moving slightly to shift her weight. It was appreciated, and her eyes conveyed as much. Thankfully her metabolism would make short work of the injuries, healing them quickly.

It was when the wookiee made his presence known that the vornskr finally moved, lumbering to her paws and standing (albeit a little unsteady), her tawny stare bordering on suspicious as she watched the newcomer speak with the survivors. Her tail still, s'Il took in a few breaths before giving the group a once over glance. She had no intention of going with them, and as things were, she had to change soon - she could already feel the animal in her dominating the human.

With a whorffle, the beast turned, heading slowly away from the destroyed campsight.

She needed to get to her own; soon.

Rage
Sep 5th, 2003, 05:34:06 PM
Rage heard the vornskyr and turned around to see her standing a little shakily on her legs and watched as she began to walk away from the group. A little saddened, Rage turned her eyes downward for a moment and then turned her attention onto the newcomer.

Though she could not understand him, she knew things had tensed between Jarek and Teleran when she appeared. Watching as he lowered his weapon, she let out a sigh of relief and grabbed the bag she had lowered when he entered the campsite.

Rage moved to sit on a boulder near Jarek, waiting for the conversation to end so that they could make their trek back to civilization. She really wasn't interested in what Jarek had to say to the Wookie, it was just the most comfortable looking place at the moment.

Hugo Masc
Sep 6th, 2003, 04:26:32 PM
A cool breeze whistled through the jungle, rousing calls from various fauna. This same breeze touched the cold face of Hugo Masc.

Hugo was on the move. He carried little, a vibroblade, short blaster, four days rations, a canteen three quaters full of water and, thought the alien bitterly, a mangled arm stump. Tree roots and leaf litter lay spread out on the jungle floor and all around Hugo, whistles of Agelmiri avains filled his ears.

What a way to go, he thought sourly, dying in a jungle with noone to know or care about his passing.....but no, he would survive. Balades would most likely follow him, if Hugo's readings of the man had been correct. His plan now was to lead Balades out of the forest, once out he would convince the man that he should help Hugo get rid of the men who were responsible for his fathers death. Tchort would be killed, possibly Rage too if she was distressed at his abandonment.

Smiling to himself, Hugo stumbled on, he had a long way to go yet.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 8th, 2003, 01:24:36 PM
The vornskr was left behind, it had slinked away into the bush. Jarek and Tel were making headway in the lead with Rage following and Juk taking up reargaurd. They had large ungainly packs filled with survival gear. Around them came the ever present sounds of the forest. Cries and calls echoed through the lofty trees that waved lazily in the breeze. The small group struggled through a tangled mass of vines that lay across their path.

Frakkor had gone ahead to scout, his keen Wookie senses were invaluable. Occasionally some sort of avian would be disturbed by them but for the most part, the trek was uneventful, with the five saying little to one another. Words came to their lips, but went unspoken, all energy was being taxed away by the arduous 'death march,' as Juk called it.

Eventually, after a full day of slogging through brush, leaves and foliage, the party reached a waypoint. Frakkor told the group that Runyark station was a little over nine hours away, bringing fresh groans and sighs from the weary party.

Jarek walked, head slightly bowed and watched Tel. His comrade was clearly battling inner demons, but though his face revealed little, Jarek knew that an anger was building in the Captain.

The lust for revenge was not easily dismissed.

Rage
Sep 9th, 2003, 01:29:56 PM
Rage walked behind Jarek and Teleran, quietly watching the two of them as they walked. Her hand tightened on her bag that was thrown over her shoulder as her other hand went to touch the blaster tucked into belt at her back. She smiled...the cool touch of her blaster always made her smile and she left her hand there in a relaxed state, starting to enjoy the walk they were taking.

'Although she was stuck in Imperial company.' She silently laughed to herself, her eyes darting to Jarek for a moment. Watching him for a bit, she shook her head, wondering how the frell she managed to get herself stuck in this situation.

'Hugo.' Was her mind's answer. Her upper lip curled at the corner at his cowardness and she let out a small snort of disgust.
'Mental note, make a more thorough decision about clients in future.' She laughed to herself as the group trudged on.

Teleran Balades
Sep 12th, 2003, 05:57:02 AM
Most of the time Tel just trudged along with the rest of the group, not really paying any attention to where they were going. Hugo had struck a nerve...a deep nerve. His fathers murder wasn't the only reason he'd defected to the Imperium, but it was the one that pushed him over the top. Because Masc had once been with NR intel, Tel should have kept the man prisoner for information. Hugo's offer, though, had caught him off guard. Tel did want to find the murders very much, but Hugos price of information was too outrageous. No way, under any circumstances, would he even consider turning on a fellow officer. The next time he saw Hugo the man would wish he weren't alive.

Hopefully the group was drawing closer to the station. Perhaps hunting or something else would ease his mind.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 12th, 2003, 07:21:18 AM
Jarek knew Tel was being eaten up by his thirst to find Hugo. At a quick pause in the march, Jarek finally talked to his comrade properly.

"Teleran, what exactly is going on? I mean, we came here, this Hugo wants me dead and it all has something to do with NR intel." Jarek threw a glance at Rage, who was cleaning her wrist blades, then Juk, who had his head bowed and lowered his voice a notch. "We are not safe yet Tel, though Rage may be trustworthy, she is an assasin. Frakkor's loyalties are based on credits and Juk has'nt said two words since leaving our camp."

Around them, the trees seemed to loom in, casting long skeletal shadows in the afternoon gare of Algelmiri's sun. Off in the distance, a screamer let out a blood curdling screech. The party all rose to their by now weary feet and looked anxiously around themselves. Jarek again broke the uncomfortable silence.

"Runyark is not far, we need to keep moving otherwise those things will be on us." Looking at Rage he indulged himself in some mockery. "Rage, my dear, would you mind awfully taking point with our Wookie friend?"

Jarek smirked, but his jovial exterior was not matched by his sharp eyes, that flicked around the trees, scanning for any sign of their hunters.

Rage
Sep 12th, 2003, 05:22:01 PM
Rage lifted an eyebrow and smiled sarcastically at Jarek as she walked by the two of them. She knew he wanted to talk to Teleran with her out of ear shot, she could not blame him for that...but for his sweet little retort...she would get him for that.

She laughed out loud to herself, quickening her pace to catch up to the Wookie. She may not be able to understand him, but at least he wasn't an Imperial.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:46:36 PM
In the time that the party had been trekking further through the underbrush and wooded areas, the vornskr had limped her way back to her own campsight; thankfully unharmed by the menace that had ravaged the camp she'd previously been at. The embers of her small fire had become cold, and her bedroll was still wrapped tight beside the few tools she'd brought with her - a large hunting knife (http://www.mimetix.it/DIFESA_file/esercito/Gurkha/img/kukri.jpg) and a bundle of her clothes.

She'd changed; albeit still a little painfully due to the wounds she'd sustained, but her injuries were healing fast, and it wouldn't be long until she would be running through the trees after the departed group. She'd caught the words of one of the men, saying that he and his friend were a part of the Sovereignty, and she intended to follow them. She briefly thought of Desaria, and wondered how the Grand Admiral was fairing from within his Empire, but soon pushed the thought to the back of her mind. The Screamer carcass was still where it'd been deposited, and s'Il only offered it a passing glance before crouching, her fingers going to the bundle of clothes she'd wrapped before her little 'trip' to the other campsight.

In less than five minutes she was dressed, a plain black shirt, grey infantry trousers, and a pair of Terrisz'Voss Mobile Infantry issued combat boots. The knife was slid into its sheath nestled comfortably at the small of her back, and her hair was tied loosely behind her before she slung the small bedroll over her shoulder. The remnants of the fire and the Screamer were left without a second thought, and s'Il started off, her footfalls utterly silent with years of experience and animal grace, and her enhanced olfactory senses giving her a distinct edge when it came to tracking things.

Or people.

Teleran Balades
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:46:53 PM
"In truth I don't really know what's going on."

Teleran looked at the lush forest canopy and reflected for a moment.

"Hugo shows up out of nowhere and wants to "sell" me information."

His fist clenched in fury at the thought of masc's offer.

"I think he wants you dead so there aren't any witness...and test if I'm willing to go to extremes. I think that's just part of the price he wants."

Catching the fool would be the best option. The sovereignty would be able to get any imoformation out of him. A wicked smile crept over Tel's face. Perhaps Desaria would let Tel torture Masc himself.

Hugo Masc
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:31:28 AM
Hugo glanced at the chrono on his wrist. A reflexive action, since it had stopped working some hours back. He let out a weary hiss at his chrono before disgarding it in a tangle of weeds and shrubbery. His downturned mouth slowly broke into a smile, however, as he gazed out into a sudden clearing in the trees. There, in front of him, was Runyark station.

Runyark was a small staging post for the hunts, but also for the lucrative mining intrests that lay to the north of where the ruined camp had been. Five small box like prefab buildings were huddled together in the clearing, with a larger rectangular building behind them. A tall sweeping antenae stood loftily above the buildings and beyond that were four small landing pads which could just about accomadate a medium sized freighter. Around the base, small foxholes with repeater blasters had been set up, especially for the screamers.

Hugo strode, as best as he could, into the camp. His ragged appearence drawing the attention of two humans sitting under the antenae. They wore miner garb, short grey overalls with pouches for the various equipment they needed. The first spoke to Hugo. "You alright there?"

Hugo rolled his eyes before replying. "No, I am not, I was set upon my members of a hunting party that set out from here, then my camp was attacked by screamers."

The men nodded and led him into the station, where Hugo had some bargining to do...

Jarek T'chort
Sep 20th, 2003, 04:22:33 AM
After maybe eight standard hours all told, the party emerged onto a loose highway used by miners and loggers in the area. A collective sigh of relief emerged from the lips of the sentients. Jarek squinted slightly in the cold light of morning. He looked down the track with apprehension, but the party, eager to get to Runyark, carried on toward a large clearing up ahead of them.

They finally came to Runyark station, the squat buildings were quiet, the mesh covered windows showed no activity. The group spread out loosely, at a signal from Jarek, blasters were drawn.

"I don't like this at all." Murmured Jarek to the others, but he was confident that if anything went wrong he had excellent backup.

It was then that they emerged. Mercenaries wearing the insigna of a viper flung open the mesh shutters of the building, heavy blasters emerged from two sunken foxholes on either side of the group. The rest of the mercenaries were drawn up in front of the central control room of Runyark station. All held blasters and carried an air of grim confidence. All this had taken place in a few seconds. Jarek hung his head slightly, before snapping it back up as he saw an olive skinned figure emerge through the mercenaries.

Rage tensed, Tel was still but his fists clenched tightly. Frakkor had his bowcaster pointed directly at the chest of Hugo. Juk, however had scurried over to the mercenaries, and now held a blaster carbine.

"Drop your weapons, you are surounded and outgunned." Hugo ordered with a smirk.

Jarek thought twice about backup, he would prefer a squad of stormtroopers.......

Rage
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:36:34 PM
Tensing up immediately as she saw her previous 'employer', Rage's hand went to the blaster at her back and her eyes flew to Jarek's. All eyes were on Hugo.

Rage let out an exhasperated breath as she turned her eyes back on Hugo to see him standing there grinning like an idiot.

'You'll get your's.' She thought to herself with a smile.

Teleran Balades
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:47:04 AM
Tel tensed up at the sight of Masc, rage was already building up wthin him. The green- skinned alien seemed very smug, as if nothing could happen to him now.

Tel glanced around. The mercs would make getting away, or getting at Hugo very difficult. Better to wait for an oppurtunity to strike.

Frakorr
Sep 24th, 2003, 12:52:54 PM
The air in Frakorrs lungs built up, then burst out of him in an almighty roar. The mercs tensed some of them stepping back. He roared again louder this time. His hand lowered to his equipment belt, puling a small round object out of a pouch. He looked round at Jarek then hurled the stun grenade at the mercs. Frakorr fired at one of the men with a repeating blaster. As the man was hit he fired a wild burst. The shots ripped through Frakorrs shoulder sending him to the ground.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 26th, 2003, 02:37:06 PM
She'd been following the group's movements like a wraith, careful to remain upwind and very much out of sight. Her movements were silent, giving nothing away as she made her way through the dense underbrush. In its own sense, it was exhilerating.

She paused as the group had left the woods and headed for Runyark Station, staying on the perimeter of the trees to watch and wait, and as the scene unfolded in front of her, she canted her head to the side. Odd. She the stranger who'd disappeared after the screamer attack... he was green? Ah well. Such was the disadvantages of only seeing in greyscale.

Content to merely observe and see how this situation would come to an end, she crouched down beside one of the larger trees, watching.

Hugo Masc
Oct 1st, 2003, 06:17:48 PM
Hugo ducked reflexively at the sudden fluury of blaster bolts that flew out from the Wookie. The twenty odd mercs sprung away from the fire, their leader being caught by the Wookies onslaught.

The mercs dived behind any cover there was to hand, not covering the captives. Hugo yelled in frustation as the group leapt into action, blasters blazing at the caught out mercs. He pulled himself inside the low door in the front of the command center. Once inside he ran to the console on the far wall. On the small screen, he tapped furiously, accesing the docked light frieghters computer with his sizeable skills in hacking.

He hoped the mercs would keep Balades and company occupied for a while, at least long enough to allow for his escape.

Jarek T'chort
Oct 1st, 2003, 06:21:55 PM
As soon as the mercs had moved Jarek had barrel rolled over to Frakkor. Blaster raised in one smooth motion, the Imperial layed down a supressing fire on the startled mercs.

Jarek pulled the Wookie with some effort behind a low moss covered wall that stood infront of the station. By now the heavy blasters had opened up, spewing red bolts toward the group.

Jarek glanced at Tel and Rage, haunched behind a few supply crates, blasters drawn.

Teleran Balades
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:53:43 AM
Tel didn't quite agree with the wookie's direct methods, but he couldn't deny their effect. Both sides were caught somewhat off guard, but survival instincts soon kicked in. Scattered shots flew in all directions, not really wounding anyone. Tel dove right, tucked his legs underneath him, and rolled to a crouching postion behind a few supply crates. Drawing his blaster he glanced around from behind the cover.

Jarek and the wookie had taken cover behind one of the station's low barriers while Rage had taken the same route he did. For a brief moment no shots fromeither group rang out. Taking a quick glance around the corner of a crate, he saw the mercs had spent the second or two to get to their heavy weapons, but he saw no sign of masc. Already the mercs began firing the hunting party. The wooden crates wouldn't last long under the onslaught.

Rage
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:04:34 PM
Rage let out a string of curses as she lost sight of Hugo amidst the gun fire. Ducking back behind the crates, she glanced quickly at Teleran. He seemed intent of finding the green-skinned one as she was. She smiled wickedly then, knowing that Hugo would not live out the night if any of them had their way.

"I know you want him as much as I do, Teleran." Rage said to him, moving to his side. "Who ever gets to him first, gets to kill him. Deal?"

Gunfire surrounded them again and she let out a yell of frustration as she turned her blaster back to the Mercs and began to laugh as she let loose a barrage of blasts upon them.

Frakorr
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:15:41 PM
Frakorr looked up at Jarek. " What are we going to do, we can't win a direct firefight with them." He took a look at their enemy. Their fire semmed concentrated on Rage and Teleran. Then he had a thought. " Jarek is there some way we can get those two to distract all of the Mercs so we can out flank them? Its got to be worth a try."

Jarek T'chort
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:18:47 PM
Jarek jolted as a blaster bolt hissed past his ear.

"Anythings worth a try now Frakkor." Jarek snuck a look round the low wall he was crouching behind. The mercs had set themselves up well, but Frakkors shots had left them down a few men, leaving a blind spot if one of them could crawl along the line of the wall. He put his hand down, feeling the wet ground. Looking down, he saw it was Frakkors shoulder. "You need to sort that out wookie, here." Jarek ripped out a medpac and applied a rough dressing to the Wookies wound.

"Now I'm gonna crawl along this wall and come out behind that storage shed. You lay down a covering fire and on my signal break cover, dont worry I'll cover your rears." Jarek didnt wait for a reply but combat crawled along the line of the low wall, before the bark of the bowcaster bit into his ears. Smiling grimly, Jarek clutched his blaster tight and ran swiftly behind the storage shed. His flight hadnt been noticed.

Jarek looked over at two mercs having a field day with an E-Web, blowing chunks out of Tel and Rage's cover. Leveling his blaster the two Qarren fell on their faces, burning holes like empty eye sockets in their heads.

Teleran Balades
Oct 14th, 2003, 09:41:29 PM
A grim, determine smile played across Tel's face as he watched Rage.

"Agreed, but I will be getting to him first!"

A sudden stream of fire from the E-web forced the two to take cover once again. Sharp pieces of wood and white, hot metal flew trough the air like a cloud of daggers. Tel winced as one of the pieces of shrapnel cut into his side. Looking dowm he could see a deep gash in his flight suit. Blood was already flooding from the wound. Gritting his teeth he ripped a length of material from the bootm of his pants and tied a crud bandge around his waist to slow the loss of blood. Unfortunantly the piece of metal was probably still lodeged in his side.

Not being able to move as well and not having the use of the arm he was using to put pressuer against the wound impaired him considerably. He smiled slightly at Rage.

"I guess you'll get him first after all."

A sudden yell from the opposition redircted his attention. Peering around the corner of the mangled crate he saw that the two gunners for the heavy blaster were down. Caught off gaurd by the unexpected attack the mercs let their gaurd down for a second or two. It was all the time Frakkor and Rage needed to startpouring energy into them. Tel himself managed to get a shot or two of with his other hand.

Frakorr
Oct 16th, 2003, 12:49:09 PM
When the gunners went down, Frakorr fired into the mercs. Then with a roar he began to run towards the buildings. Several shots were fired narrowly missing the wookie. He dived for the safety of some crates. Firing again he ran into the command centre, where the green alien had been. The problem was he had been there, but was now gone. On the far side of the room, light was pouring in from an open door. Frakorr yelled as loud as he could to warn his companions.

Hugo Masc
Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:55:08 AM
Hugo had dived out of the building as soon as the burly wookie had entered the room. Blaster pistol held up and ready Hugo sneaked around the small building, ignoring the tangle of thorns that ripped into his jumpsuit.

The humans and the wookie had decimated his mercs, well those who hadnt run away at the first shots that it, thought Hugo bitterly. He snapped up his blaster and fired off three quick shots at Telerans back.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 23rd, 2003, 02:11:20 PM
She'd skirted the entire station, being careful to stay out of view as she picked her way through the underbrush. She'd changed once more, to afford better camoflauge and ease of movement through the bushes. With the hunting knife held in her jaws, the vornskr watched with tawny eyes all that happened. The small building that the green-skinned alien had retreated from, and was now circling, was close as she slowly made her way closer.

A sudden burst of speed sent her forward, and she used the momentum to launch herself in the air, gaining a foothold on a low-lying branch and using it as a springboard to send her to the roof. Her paws hit the duracrete silently, and crouching low - the hunting knife still clenched between powerful jaws,, the Lupine crept toward the edge to get a better view of where the greenskinned alien had gone.

Rage
Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:59:01 PM
Rage let out a yell as she opened fire on the rest of the mercs still standing. Jarek and the others had done mowed down most of them, leaving herself and Teleran able to get out from behind their measely cover.

Rage helped Teleran to stand, looking him in the eye.

"No, Tel...you will have that chance." She said, offering him a smile. Teleran had more to gain from killing the green alien than she did and she would enjoy watching Teleran take him out.

Movement behind her made her turn around quickly to see a blaster sticking out of the bushes.

"Teleran, duck!" She cried out, pushing him out of the way with her body. Rage felt a round hit her and she fell to the ground with Teleran, her shoulder on fire.

Pain wracking her body, she raised her blaster and fired as many shots into the bush as she could, hoping she would hit whomever had shot at them. Dropping her blaster, she looked at Teleran for a moment and then lowered onto her stomach to take some deep breaths to keep from passing out.

Jarek T'chort
Oct 24th, 2003, 05:09:15 AM
From Jarek's position behind the control station he heard the splutter of blaster fire, then a cry of pain. Making his way he strode around the building. Two mercs armed with light blaster carbines and out of a storage shed in front of him, oblivious to his presence. Jarek hardly even looked at them as he shot them cleanly through their heads, one shot each.

Their mangled forms hit the dirt as he rounded the building and saw Rage firing wildly into a bush nearby. He saw the blur of movement that was Masc running out from his cover. Jarek raised his arm quickly, leveling his blaster and firing a flurry of shots at the green alien. The treacherous alien was fast, he ducked and weaved through the undergrowth back toward the complex. Jarek called to Tel and Rage.

"Tel, you alright? Rage, are you hurt badly?"

Jarek knew he couldnt let the alien escape. He began sprinting at the alien, regardless of the snapping blaster bolts from the remaining mercs. His muscles rippled and his brow creased in concentration, Jarek caught up with Hugo. He leapt onto the alien and threw him against the wall. Hugos blaster flew from his reach. Jareks fell away upon impact.

Hugo backpeadled and kicked out, catching Jarek in the midrif. Jarek blocked a hasty punch from the alien and dropped to the floor swinging his leg out and cutting Hugos feet from under him.

Jareks face belied no emotion beside a cold concentration on what he was doing. He would not kill this creature, he would save him for Teleran.

Hugo Masc
Oct 31st, 2003, 08:55:24 AM
Hugo hit the ground with a resounding *thud* . He drew himself back from the Imperial. Tchort aimed a kick at Hugo's face, only for the outstretched foot to be caught and Tchort flung over onto the ground.

Hugo did'nt pause for breath. He bolted as fast as his legs could carry him toward a narrow brook that ran parallel to Runyark. He fell, slipping on the sloppy mud that lined the bank of the brook. Hugo rolled down, smashing his leg, then fell under a small knoll.

He cursed himself, his bad luck. He was a mess. How would he escape from these human fiends that pursued him? He had no blaster, the next freighter to arrive at Runyark was'nt due for - what was it - an hour at least. His own speeder was on the other side of the humans.

Hugo winced as he felt his jaw where Tchort's shoulder had hit him. He hated Balades with a vengence. That cursed human! Hugo needed him, he needed to gain revenge on those fellow operatives who had forced him out of their scheme.

The men who had killed Balades father.

The men who had ruined Hugo's career with New Republic Intelligence.

Hugo rose, shakily, to his feet. He glanced about him. Feeling with his hand down into his slacks he rumaged his pocket for the precious data pad, which held the informnation Teleran needed so desperately.

No -

WHAT!!!!! It was gone! Hugo let out a blood curdling wail as the last vestiges of his plan fell away.

Hugo dashed his hand against a boulder that he was resting on in frustration. Everything had been lost. His revenge had failed.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 31st, 2003, 11:34:50 AM
It was then that the sun was blotted out momentarily, and the green-skinned alien was cast in a brief second of shadow - a shadow that was quickly descending on him from above. A shadow that had leapt gracefully from a nearby rooftop. Like the silver lining of a dark cloud, the shimmering pelt at the outer edges of the airborn form shone in the sunlight, the rest of its body cast in the dark.

And in its mouth, barely discernable, was a curved knife...

As the form descended, it twisted in the air, changing - morphing in a macabre display of shifting flesh and bone. And front paw - no - hand - no - paw... ? ... whatever it was, it reached up to grasp the handle of the knife with changing fingers, pulling it from its mouth.

The body transformed before the alien's eyes as he looked up, and as it dropped, the barest of feral smiles could be seen on the now human face - the face that had once belonged to a vornskr; the very same vornskr that had appeared in the Imperial's camp when the Screamers attacked.

Bare feet struck the alien's chest, driving him to the ground on his back, and in a blur of movement, a hand went around his throat as the tip of the knife came down - heading for his sternum...

Teleran Balades
Nov 2nd, 2003, 10:08:32 AM
Tel winced as Rage helped him to his feet, and a second time as well when Hugo's blasts forced him down yet again. Jarek took off after the alien, stoping for the breifest moment to check on the two humans. Tel hoped that the big man would run the sout creature down.

Next to him Rage was unfortunant enough to catch a blast from Masc's gun. Tel sat up painfully and leened overcheck her injury.

"You Okay?"

Rage
Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:16:56 AM
Rage forced herself to stay conscious as she turned to look towards Teleran.

"Its...its my shoulder, Balades." She said through gritted teeth. She slowly sat up, holding her arm to her. If she even thought of moving it, it began to throb. Bad enough it was constantly burning.

"Did Jarek go after the wretched thing?" Rage asked, turning to look at Teleran noticing they were both in bad shape. "Looks like we won't be going any where."

Jarek T'chort
Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:32:47 AM
Jarek crested the hillock, blaster in hand, as a terrible cry echoed through the forest. A sound of fear, hatred and pain all rolled into one. Jarek looked below him, onto the bank of the shallow brook. The green alien was lying in the dirt, mouth agape, it's eyes turned upwards in it's sockets.

Tchort took this in with a sharply inhaled breath. Even as he did, his eyes took in the form of a woman, haunched over Masc, her hand still resting on the handle of the long hunting knife, now embedded in Hugo. The woman was starting to move, he could see the muscles tense in her back as she realized someone was behind her.

The click of the safety being released on Jarek's blaster sounded in the dim morning of the forest.

He leveled it at the woman below him and his finger rested lightly on the firing stud.

The Imperials gravelly voice fell from his mouth as his eyes narrowed.

"I don't belive," said Jarek slowly, "we've been introduced."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:56:51 PM
It'd been a clean kill, smooth and simple and without any excess mess involved. Much more of a gratifying kill than the Screamer had been, and the Lupine felt a small sense of self-satisfaction grow in her chest -

- until the sound of shifting boots over the ground met her ears, and s'Il tensed.

And then the safety of a blaster was released, and she froze at the sound of the stranger's voice. She knew that voice - knew that the man it belonged to had earlier, back at the ruined campsite, had made mention of what to do with her after the attack... what was it, "our vornskr"... ?

She rose slowly then, pulling the knife from the alien's chest as she stood. Blood trickled down the blade to fall on the dead man below her, and she took her time in turning around to face the newcomer. She was nude - having just changed back, and her eyes a far cry from the tawny yellow orbs that he'd seen in the beast the last time he saw her.

She faced him fully, her now metallic eyes looking him over - and coming to rest on the blaster that was now pointed at her.

"Well," she started haltingly, her own voice smooth, "I suppose in a manner of speaking we have - but if it's an official name you want, then I guess I can oblige... "

A brow cocked as she canted her head to the side. She had picked up from her time at the campsite that this man, and his companion, were officers in the Imperial Sovereignty, and she idly wondered how in touch he was with the state of affairs on Thyferra itself.

"... Lok s'Ilancy, Though, you might recognize me more by the title of Duchess of Warrick - I hold an estate on Thyferra... "

"... you do hail from the Sovereignty, from what I heard."

Jarek T'chort
Nov 2nd, 2003, 02:58:10 PM
Duchess? s'Illancy?

Jarek lowered his blaster slightly, then looked the woman up and down, his eyes taking in her body and - most noticibly - her metallic eyes. Jarek showed no emotion or discomfort at S'Illancy's nudity.

"Well, Duchess, allow me to introduce myself, I am Archduke Jarek Tchort of the Imperial Sovereignty."

He inclined his head in the way beffiting of a aristocrat and smiled a sharp smile, his cold blue eyes never parting from the lupines own eyes.

"This might seem, I don't know, an odd question, but what exactly are you doing all out in the big bad woods all by your lonesome Miss s'Illancy?"

Jarek's smile had faded but his voice maintained it's amicable tone.

He lowered the blaster to his side and swept a hand around behind him.

"I have some freinds of mine, they are hurt, if you'd care to walk with me to them?"

His tone of voice implied it was'nt a request.

Rage
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:19:16 PM
Rage sat against the wall that was their cover and just kicked at the ground with her foot. She had no idea where they were and her shoulder was on fire. She let out a few un-ladylike curses and looked around, grabbing her sunglasses and sliding them onto her nose to block out the sun. It was giving her a headache and she did not want to add to her already bad mood.

Teleran was being quiet and for once, she was happy no one was talking to her. She was trying to figure out what to do about her shoulder, to stop the pain and how to get back home. She wanted out of this party and wanted out now.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 4th, 2003, 07:18:50 PM
Unmoving, the Lupine stared at the Imperial, her metallic eyes looking him up and down. It was more than easy to know that his request hadn't been a request - but an order, and with a slight hmph, she flicked the blade, sending more droplets of the dead alien's blood to the ground.

"Walk with you... ?"

She stepped over the dead body, proceeding to wipe the blade on her naked thigh; uncaring as to the blood that now dripped down her leg. Still unmoving, she held the knife loosely - as if it was an extension of her own body. Her eyes were hard-edged though, and the Lupine made no attempt to hide the harsh stare she afforded Tchort.

"Tell me, Archduke Tchort - do you speak to all strange naked women like that... ?"

Jarek T'chort
Nov 4th, 2003, 07:32:50 PM
s'Illancy's rather direct question hung in the air between the two for a second. Jarek's face was as stone. But slowly, almost imperceptaby, a smile broadened on his face, until his face was lit up with a grin.

"Ha!" Jarek let out, the smile still playing on his lips.

"It's not everyday I find strange naked women walking in the woods, belive it or not." Jarek shifted the blaster again in the direction of the still twitching corpse.

"Nice job you did there. I notice however you never answered my question. What are you doing out here? And what did ol' green there ever do to you?"

Jarek raised his right eyebrow slightly and grinned again.

"Out for a picnic, Duchess?"

Teleran Balades
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:26:31 PM
Blodd had started seeping through the bandages, forcing Tel to tear another strip of cloth from his uniform. He sat wondering for a while if Jarek had been ale to catch up with Masc, though he hoped the marshall would save the green-skinned alien for Tel.

Taking a glance around he noticed something, or rather didn' notice something.

"Hey, where did that wookie get off to?"

Frakorr
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:32:05 PM
Inside one of the outpost buildings was a Wookie, and he was angry. Not just angry... there was no way to describe how he felt as he threw the Trandoshan across the room. It had been a bad idea for the merc to hide in that building. Frakorr lunged at the reptile breaking his harm in one smooth movement and then slamming a fist into its chest. Frakorr had dropped his bowcaster, he had no need for it. He then ran after his foe who had just staggered out of the door into the clearing.

Teleran Balades
Nov 6th, 2003, 10:00:21 PM
A loud series of roars cut Tel's question short. He whipped around, wincingm as pain shot through his side.

Out of the building stumbled one of the mercs, a trandoshan. The reptile was clutching his abdomen. The apparent cause was ll to evident as Frakorr plowed raging out of the building behind the merc. Tel, noticing that the wookie didn't have his bowcaster or any other weapon, thought that Frakorr had either dropped in the scuffle or threw it aside to use his brute strength. Seeing the way the tall humaniod tore ragingly after the merc, he assumed it was the later.

Tel had seen wookies in this frenzied state before, but was amazed by it every time. THeir already powerful strenghth seemed to double and they paid nearly no heed to their own injury. A slight twinge of pity passed thorough tel as Frakorr caught his quarry.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:32:45 PM
A slight laugh at Tchort's query.

"A picnic? I suppose you could say that." she grinned to herself.

With a flick to the blade in order to relieve it of anymore excess blood, s'Il sighed, looking up to Tchort. He still stood tall, on the hillock above her - she figured he was waiting for her. She canted her head to the side once more.

If I go with you, what reassurances do I have that you won't do anything along the lines... " she paused then, thinking of how to words the rest of her sentence. She knew that in the slim event she had to - or was forced - to change, she knew that things would get ugly very quickly. " ... aquisition for further studying... ?"

Frakorr
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:13:28 PM
Frakorr continued hitting the trandoshans chest until several cracking noises were heard. The alien let out a weezing noise as he fell to the ground dead. Frakorr walked to where his bowcaster lay, picked it up and moved back to the body. At that point he ripped a tooth from the reptiles mouth. Teleran stared as the wookie did this. Frakorr slipped the tooth into a utility pouch and then slumpped against a tree, his head in his hands.

Jarek T'chort
Nov 18th, 2003, 08:34:19 PM
" ... aquisition for further studying... ?"

Jarek narrowed his eyes at the metallic eyed woman below him.

"Studying? What purpose would that serve exactly, Duchess?"

His tone was steady but his mind was uneasy, what in the Emperors name was she doing here? He spoke up again with a grin;

"Well come with me if you will, you can continue roasting marsh mallows or killing lizard men at your leisure."

He rounded the building and saw the others huddled together, Frakkor standing tall over the others, his shoulder fur mottled with blood.

Rage
Nov 18th, 2003, 09:18:57 PM
Rage looked away from her throbbing shoulder and over to Teleran who seemed to be fairing well enough. She glanced up just in time to see Jarek walking back into camp.

"Well, well, well...nice to see you back amonst us." Rage snapped, although deep inside she was happy to see him. One of the only few Imperials she would admit to liking...under severe torture of course.

"Did you get Masc?" She hissed between clenched teeth.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 18th, 2003, 09:46:21 PM
Her footfalls silent as she followed at a distance, s'Il let her now metallic eyes take in Runyark Station and what was left of it. Bodies littered the ground, and it was easy to see that those who'd won hadn't come away completely unscathed.

Her eyes went to a hissed query, directed at Tchort, and she recognized the woman who'd helped her earlier - back when the Screamers had first attacked the camp. She'd ignored the Imperial's question of what she'd meant by 'studying', instead staying quiet.

As Tchort continued on, the Lupine stopped her forward movement to stand stock still, taking everything in around her with a calm gaze. She still held the knife loosely, but made no move to use it in anyway.

Instead, she stood. And watched.

Frakorr
Nov 24th, 2003, 02:41:54 PM
Frakorr looked at the newcomer with a look of mild interest. " May I ask who are new companion is Jarek, and to why she is here? She looks a bit out of place." Frakorr gestured to the dead bodies littered around the area. Then to his companions. They looked a state, each one of them was at the very least scratched and bruised.

Jarek T'chort
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:25:01 AM
Jarek observed his companions stares, their eyes roving over s'Ill, then himself. Frakorr's question hung in the air for a moment.

"May I introduce Madame Duchess s'Illancy, she is here on a -ahem- picnic."

Jarek smirked at his remark before continuing.

"She appeared out of nowhere, jumped Masc and now he is lying in a pool of his own filthy blood."

Jarek looked toward Rage and Tel, both looked worse for wear, Rage in particular looked like she had enough of Agelmeri to last her a lifetime or two.