PDA

View Full Version : Making the connection...(Ry-Obi, Xazor)

River Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 07:51:58 AM
River Kincaid led his son to the training room floors of the Academy. It was the weekend and was the perfect time to spend with his son teaching him some old fashioned hunting techniques he himself had learned from his father.

His daughter was with their new friend, Faith Lerf for the morning, who had offered to watch her, giving him some much needed time alone with Ry-Obi.

He had recently purchased two new throwing knives, he had decided that would be the best way to go first.

They walked into the empty training room, where he had sat up two new targets for practice.

Smiling, he looked down at his son and placed a firm hand on his shoulder. "Are you ready to have some real fun, Ry-Obi?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 03:29:49 PM
Ry-Obi sighed as he and his father made their way to the training room. He was pretty sure that this was going to be another boring lesson. Pus, he was pretty grumpy with his father for waking him up early on the weekend, so he wasn't looking foward to whatever his father had planned. He frowned as they made their way down the hall, Ry-Obi had never been in the combat training area of the Academy before so he wasn't sure what was going on. Once he reached the small training room his father chose, he noticed the targets. His attitude changed insantly. "What kind of fun, dad?" His eyes sparkled, thinking of all the possibilities of what they could be doing.

River Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 03:49:36 PM
The new training knives he had bought were hidden beneath his brown leather vest, once he and his son were well in the room he brought them out. "I believe, son that it is time for you to begin to learn some old-fashioned Kincaid hunting techniques with these." He unsheathed the gleaming silver blades and held them out for Ry-Obi to see, with a wide smile across his face.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:06:12 PM
Ry-Obi's eyes widen and he is even more excited than he thought he would be. Ever since he could remember, Ry has hoped to become a hunter like his father. "Dad, are you serious?" Ry asked, inspecting the knives eagerly.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:11:04 PM
Along the perimeter of the large training room rested a figure in the shadows, unseen by River and his son. The figure watched silently for several moments, watching as the boy and his father exchanged words and actions customary to that of a man and his child. Just then, River drew forth some knives from within his vest and the figure smiled to herself.

From her weaspons belt, the young woman drew forth two daggers, one in each hand. Stepping forth into the light, she smiled to herself and bowed. "Greetings, my friends." Xazor said softly, adressing both River and Ry-Obi. Upon situating her red robes, the Jedi Knight moved forward and stopped beside River.

"So I see you've come for a bit of practice, perhaps? Are you going to teach Ry-Obi how to use those?" The Garou woman questioned with a grin. This was something she loved to do: target practice. Combat was a very strong point in Xazor and she knew that when given the chance, she would teach River and Ry-Obi a thing or two. "Mind if I join you?" Xazor questioned with a smile.

River Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:18:14 PM
River was slightly startled by the voice of his master and bowed respectively to her presence. "Greetings, Master. I would be honored if you were to join us. I was just about to introduce some target practicing methods to Ry-Obi."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:14:26 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded gently. "Really? I could use some work. A bit of practice never killed anyone." She said softly as her eyes fell upon the daggers in her hands.

"This is something very valuable to all Jedi -- how to meet a target with accuracy. If you can do it the first time, then you don't leave room for error." The Jedi Knight paused and decided to clarify.

Shifting her weight slightly, she turned from the target to face River and Ry-Obi. "If you are ever attacked, you will be called to defend. If you have to stand and think about what you're doing and then line up with your target, you may as well kill yourself if you're in a life threatening situation -- because the bad guy isn't going to wait for you to get your ducks in a row." She said softly and suddenly she spun around, drawing a dagger up over her shoulder before hurling it towards the target. The Force gave her the insight to know exactly how she had to throw it and it seemed to aim for her as well. The weapon made its mark right at the center of the target.

"You as hunters know this well." The Knight said and nodded toward the target before stepping back and allowing room for conversation or action.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:24:07 PM
Ry-Obi watched in amazement, listening to everyword Xazor and his father had to say. This day was turning into something more than he ever expected. "Wow..." He said in amazement.

River Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:45:43 PM
"This goes for hunting as well, my son. I was no more older than you when I was given my first dagger and today...I give you yours." Smiling, River turned the hilt of one of the blades towards his son.

In the clans that River had been in when he was a boy, it was a grand honor to receive your first blade, often great celebrations occurred afterwards.

It was known as the first step towards manhood.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:49:33 PM
Ry-Obi took the proffered blade with great anticipation. He knew the honor behind it, even though he wasn't born into the clan, his father taught him in the same way.

He stared at it for a few breath-taking moments. "Can I try?" He asked as he looked at Xazor and his dad.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:54:20 PM
Xazor smiled at Ry-Obi's reaction and it seemed that the Jedi Knight even blushed slightly. "It wasn't that good." She thought to herself but decided that anything, even small events, could be amazing to a child.

As River presented his son with his first blade, the woman grinned and then bowed to Ry-Obi. "Congratulations. In my tribe back on my planet, only men were really allowed to be warriors. Those who were 'chosen ones' to be of the warrior sect received two daggers from their fathers by instruction of the Council."

Her eyes fell to the two daggers in her hands and she grinned. "I was one of the first women chosen to fight." She said with a sad tone in her voice, realizing that she had been stolen away from the situation and that she never got her chance.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 3rd, 2003, 07:05:01 PM
Delete

River Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 07:10:14 PM
The Padawan picked up on the sadness in her voice, but with his son present, it wasn't the time to ask. "Yes, Ry-Obi. Go into the stance that I have shown you."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Aug 3rd, 2003, 07:24:11 PM
The boy did as his father instructed. He stepped up in front of the target, placed his feet slightly apart and drew the dagger over his shoulder.

With a deep breath, he flung it towards the target, at which it bounced off and clanged to the floor.

Ry-Obi's mouth dropped open. "Ugh!"

River Kincaid
Aug 7th, 2003, 06:04:10 PM
"It will take some practice, my son." River added as he walked over and grabbed the blade. He placed it in his son's hand again. "Try again."