I want to find The Secret Path
A bird delivered into my heart, so

It's not the end
Not the kingdom come
It is the journey that matters, the distant wanderer
Call of the wild
In me forever and ever and ever forever
Wanderlust

It was in the nature of the Doz’rah to stray and to explore. Though their culture was insular they loved nothing more than to explore their lands and roam through their jungles in such of previously uncharted or mapped areas. Although Daria had gained safehaven on Koros Major with the Krath she still wished to explore all that was outside of her home world and had returned to Coruscant with the safe knowledge that she would not again collapse and with the clear advantage of being able to speak (albeit limited) Basic.

Wandering through a black market bazaar, she picked up and examined a few items, turning them over in her hands. Most looked like junk. As she strayed by the stalls she didn’t notice the odd looks she was getting from the owners. With her velvet cloak only clasped at the hood her clothing, or lack there of, beneath was visible.

Just a simple, and barely existent, leather skirt and cropped top that looked as though it had been sown together from pieces of other discarded items. It might not have looked regal or fitting with her cloak, but it, matched with the sheaths on her boots and knife belt around her waist, upheld the image of a warrior.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:47:39 PM
He noticed as much as the next person. But he saw more. He stood motionless leaning against the durasteel wall, not too far from the woman whom everyone seemed to be watching. He could hear whispers, wondering who and what she was. Why was she here? However, he dismissed these, for he felt something.

The force. Rather, Dark Side. He could feel it in her, as he could feel it in most any being he met. His arms were crossed in front of his chest as he stayed where he was, letting her move around. From underneath his dark glasses he observed her, seeing how much she wore, rather, didn't wear beneath that intricatly made cloak.

And then he wondered the same questions. Who was this person? Why was she here? A force user truly had no need to be in the black market. So, he watched carefully, remaining in the same spot as she moved further down the long line of tables, dealers, swindlers. She would pass him soon enough.

He grinned.

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:51:43 PM
A man attempted to slur something to her about picking up an expensive item, but she simply held up a hand. A moment or two more to inspect the item before she moved on. It was incredibly stuffy in the market and the smell of some narcotics was tickling her throat. She pushed back her throat, brilliant red hair bunching at her shoulders. Now it wasn’t just paranoia that was making people look.

What was noticeable was that when she passed by a stall the owner seemed to go slightly absent minded for a moment and loose his train of thought. It was odd, but the wave of forgetfulness followed her movements precisely.

Passing on now to where Zasz stood, she looked up to him blankly for a moment before raising a thin eyebrow. After a moments pause she spoke, her voice heavily accented still.

“What are you selling?”

Zasz Grimm
Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:55:48 PM
He looked her over now as he moved from leaning against the wall and he stood tall and straight before her. He opened his hands, as if gesturing to a table that wasn't there, and then he spoke, with a light smile towards the woman before him..

"I believe the correct question is; What are you buying?"

He offered it up to her, noticing the accent. He tried to place it, and he thought about it for a moment as he watched her. He couldn't so finally he just waited her reply.

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:00:09 PM
“Weapons, poisons, antidotes, traps, sheaths, random garb.”

Daria hefted a small touch on her belt, and it jangled loudly with the credits – and coins – inside. Evidently she was not worried about having any of it taken from her. After all, she was a thief of sorts herself and had been trained enough in stealth to notice when someone was caging and removing things from her person.

Being as short as she was, she was glad for being a foot or so away from Zasz, so she didn’t have to tilt her head right back just to look up at him.

“Are you selling any of that?” she added, the roll of her r’s drawling, making the words sound a little odd (the speech pattern was meant for the more complexed Doz’rah language which did not share any sounds or syllables with Basic).

Zasz Grimm
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:06:33 PM
"No, I am selling nothing."

He looked at her, and saw her reaction. It was to move on to the next vendor, no doubt. He stayed, watching her, to see her leave if she would. He brought his hands up and removed the dark glasses, letting his brown colored eyes to fall upon her hooded face..

"However, I know someone who is..Follow me."

He began to walk through the crowds, and they parted for him. It was as if they moved only for him, because they started to close behind him. He was heading for several vendors actually, and thankfully, they were located in one area.

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:10:41 PM
Daria followed compliantly at the suggestion of this dark man who supposedly could show her to what she needed. She was in no mood for playing games so hoped that he was being truthful with his words, otherwise she fancied she might cut out his tongue.

The parting of the crowds trick wasn’t looked over entirely and it made the mentalist smile slightly – it looked almost like a wake effect, as with her mental abilities, but she didn’t imagine that she’d have the luck to bump into more than one Force user within the space of a couple of weeks.

“This better not be the average common dren. I need powerful toxins.”

Zasz Grimm
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:21:41 PM
He chose to ignore her words as they approached one of the dealers who delt in melee and blaster weaponry. No doubt the best the market had to offer. The dealer didn't notice Zasz for a second, he was talking with someone else. Zasz looked the odd shaped alien over, and then the dealer spoke basic.

Alien: "Grimm..what do you want? Last time you here you clean me out. What you want now?"

Zasz chuckled, and the alien seemingly smiled as well. Zasz's hand pointed towards one of the daggers that was on display in a glass case, and he made it move quickly with the force, breaking the case. The dagger end pointed now at the aliens eye.

"Do you see this fine lady beside me. Assist her in any way or thing she wishes. Or the last time I was here will seem like I was going easy."

He still held the dagger moved away, Zasz moved his hand, and merely controlled it with his mind. He turned to the woman.

"And..do these suit you?"

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:24:49 PM
Daria canted her head, watching the levitating dagger with a dual curiosity. First and foremost she was interested in the weapon but secondly and by no means less important was the fact that the blade was … floating. Perhaps she had been wrong about suspecting there were only few who could do what Naj so easily did.

“It looks a little cumbersome.”

Without caution, she pulled the dagger out of the air and twisted it nimbly between her fingertips, running it through a few spins before offering it back out to Zasz, hilt first.

“Too heavy.”

Zasz Grimm
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:30:32 PM
The alien merely backed away, saying threats in his native language that Zasz understood. He merely grinned, and set the knife back in the broken display. He looked to the alien for a few seconds, and then back to Daria.

"The shop is yours to choose from, so says Torg."

The alien looked back to Zasz wide eyed. Several things in the shop were worth a good fifty plus thousand credits. Though Zasz, wasn't worried about it. He merely grinned.

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:33:43 PM
Daria rolled off something in what sounded like jumbled Corellian in the direction of the shop owner, who gave her a confused blank stare in response. She rolled her eyes and returned to looking at the weapons, muttering still in the foreign tongue. Blade by blade she looked until finally a small palm knife took her attention, aimed to be attached by a small strap around the palm. It was crafted to deliver death with the utmost subtlety.

“This,” she held it up between her thumb and index finger.

“How much?” her free hand began riflign through the pouch on her belt, without her eyes roving downwards.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:08:41 PM
The shopkeeper Torg moved forward to speak to Daria, before Zasz raised a hand and motioned for him to go away, and leave the girl alone. He turned to her and he spoke, calmly.

"Torg..insists...that you keep it, free of charge."

He looked at her with a grin on his face and then he moved his head to a shop that wasn't too far away from them..

"If you're done here, we can move on.."

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:19:14 AM
Daria looked between the two a moment before nodding to Zasz. There was a slight twist of a smirk on her lips, indicating that she was still a little unsure of this man and his intentions, but was willing to follow none the less.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:14:02 AM
He approached a vendor who dealt in poisons. Quite deadly poisons which had killed several Senators, and he had been rumored to have been the one who manufactured poison to kill a Supreme Chancellor long ago.

He looked to her, someone who he still had no idea what she was about, what her name was..

"This man, deals in the finest toxins and antidotes. He will help you with anything you need."

Zasz merely nodded to the vendor, and he nodded back. For the vendor to have a contact with a Dark Jedi was good for his business, Zasz helped him, the seller in turn helped Zasz.

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:28:03 AM
"You certainly know your dealers, don't you," she muttered quietly to herself as she picked up a few bottles, inspecting the labels and insides, occasionally shaking one and being stopped for fear of causing the volatile liquid to explode.

She looked up to the side at Zasz, "Are you a dealer yourself?"

Zasz Grimm
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:39:57 AM
His dark brown eyes fell on her face as he smiled, and looked hard at her. He absorbed her expression, wondering what she really thought, so he pressed the question.

"What do you think?"

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:43:17 AM
"I don't think you are."

Daria's expression would have been hard to read. A melding of curiosity and suspicion perhaps.

"So you must be a consumer."

Zasz Grimm
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:56:54 AM
"But of what?"

He asked as he looked away from her for a moment, as he looked all over the market. There was nothing of any real importance here, except for the woman he was currently accompanying and helping..

"Hm...?"

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:06:14 AM
Daria gave a small shrug of her shoulders and twisted on the balls of her feet to wander out into the market. She paused, one hand resting on her hip, and frowned slightly.

"You have a strong mind, don't you," she muttered, before adding so that Zasz would hear,

"You are a Force user."

Zasz Grimm
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:15:34 AM
"And so are you."

He replied. He walked slowly behind her to look at her, but stopped about two feet short.

"Problem being?"

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:19:05 AM
"I am not," Daria's head snapped around and a scowl cut into her expression.

"But you are... why are you helping me?"

Zasz Grimm
Aug 11th, 2003, 11:41:51 AM
"Not a force user?"

He said, quite calmly. He was thinking to himself. If she wasn't a force user, then what was she? She was a 'normal' being, that much was absolutely sure. He spoke somewhat silently, but loud enough for hear to be able to hear him.

"Let's just say that I'm curious."

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 12th, 2003, 05:10:07 AM
"About what exactly?"

Beneath her cloak, Daria's hand fell comfortably onto the hilt of stiletto.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:17:58 AM
Despite her attempts to be stealthy about her defending herself incase he went too far, he saw it. He grinned wryly..

"Not that curious."

He directed his comment to the fact that her hand was on her dagger.

"What's your name, if you don't mind my asking?"

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:20:31 AM
“Daria.”

Aain, the Doz’rah accent was coming through thick and causing a purr in all the right places. Despite Zasz having noticed her hand on her blade, it didn’t mean she was about to let go of it.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:27:56 AM
"Zasz Grimm."

He conceded after she had given her own name.

"And why? These dealers would have taken you for every penny they have- They aren't worth it. "

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 17th, 2003, 04:33:18 AM
“I am morrrre streetwise than to allow that to happen,” Daria said in rejoinder.

She strode away from Grimm and towards another shop. Her mood had been soured somewhat, and this was evident in the way that she snatched up the items to inspect them – much to the chagrin of the shop owners who would have rather not had their goods handled so violently.

“Zasz Grimm” she said over her shoulder, “I don’t know you and you don’t owe me anything. I find it difficult to believe that you are helping me out of the goodness of your heart.”

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:55:08 AM
"And what makes you say that? Am I not a good person?"

He grinned as he left the shop he stood by and moved forward to Daria. He watched her handle the item carelessly, recklessly, to the dislike of the shop owner. It was amusing to say the least.

He looked her over.

"If not that; then what is my 'sinister' motive?"

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:01:21 PM
Setting down the last of the agents she had been inspecting, Daria strode forward a few paces; her arms crossing defensively over her body.

“You tell me.”

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:08:50 PM
"Why do you think I have one?"

He stood, handling gently, one of the toxins- not knowing what it was.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:11:03 PM
“Everyone has a motive.”

Her eyes traveled momentarily to the phial of toxin that Zasz held. Were he to spill it on his skin, it would sear the flesh and eat to the bone in a matter of seconds. Daria smiled.

“Things do not happen simply on whim. Conscious thought is part of every decision. Humanoid beings, as I’m sure you know, are not renowned for their generosity. Everything is done for a purpose and for a greater goal.”

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:16:28 PM
"Most humanoids are like that."

He looked at her with a grin.

"I am like that."

He set the toxin down, back on the table.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:56:37 PM
“Why am I not supris-…”

Her words were cut off and Daria’s eyes snapped to something in mid-distance. Should Zasz turn to look, he would see nothing. One hand rose and gently began to massage her temple, a breath rasping through clenched teeth.

“Zer zeb… ieu wax’rat’m…”

An almost ecstatic moan passed her lips as her knees gave way and body began to crumple downwards, suddenly jolting as pain sparked through every nerve in her being. A wave of confusion ebbed outwards, causing thumping migraines and headaches for the shopkeepers, as well as a somewhat lightheaded feeling for Zasz.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:04:44 PM
Zasz didn't take his eyes off her; and the curious language...He didn't have time to think on it that long, he felt queasy....He then saw her fall, and he moved to her, to help, when he was a bit off balance. He narrowed his eyes, and then looked around.

What he saw was amazing; everyone grasping their heads in pain...He looked down to the girl; Daria. He knelt slowly, careful, else his balance may be thrown off.

Her body was unresponsive, still trembling, jolts of pain could be felt as he started to pick her up. She was relatively light, all in all; but the lightheaded-ness didn't help at all. He managed, however, and held her as he looked for the exit.

Was she having a seizure of some sort? He really didn't know..and the inability to understand her foreign language didn't help him whatsoever. He walked from the Market, people still grasping their head in pain...

...And the same happened to those he passed on the way to his set up 'home'. It was in a rather bad sector, but he wasn't worried. He moved through doors, and finally made it to his place. A quick usage of the Dark Side unlocked doors, and he closed it- forgetting to lock it behind him.

He walked easily enough to his room; and he set Daria down on the bed. He left to go get water...

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:08:43 PM
Daria’s body trembled one moment and undulated as though she was enjoying herself the next. She flexed like a cat then curled fetal-like into a ball. It was the most unusual seizure yet- where normally the process of the memory restructuring was an agonizing process, it was flickering between pain and pleasure.

“...cem... io’al!!”

As quickly as she had been to writhe and trill, her consciousness departed.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:17:56 PM
Zasz came back to see her loose consciousness. He walked quickly forward, a wet rag in his hand. He missed most of it, and he set the glass next to the bed on the nightstand he had moved there. He placed the wet rag on her forehead.

"Strange.."..

He said to himself, as he then took a seat next to her; waiting for her to wake up.

She wouldn't be out long, would she?

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:19:55 PM
Twenty minutes later and the mentalist’s eyes snapped open. She shouted a single intelligible word as she sat bolt upright, looking around frantically. Where was she? How had she gotten here? Finally her gaze came upon Zasz Grimm.

“Why do you people keep kidnapping me?!” she snarled, giving the man a hard shove in the chest.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:24:44 PM
He had stood when she had, and when she pushed him, he stumbled lightly. He moved forward, ready to explain, or hit her back..

"Now list-"

The sound of his door being kicked in interrupted him. It was two people, they had blasters, threatening the pair as they stood there. He narrowed his eyes.

Zasz hated interruptions with a passion.

He extended his hand outward, quickly. Electricity crackled at his fingertips, the only one to see it at the moment was Daria. Mere seconds later a large bolt twisted and writhed from his hand and entered a body of one of the men. He cried out, in great pain. Zasz used the bolt of lighting to throw him into the durasteel wall.

That man, one of the intruders was dead. The other had freaked; but not ran. He raised his blaster to fire at Zasz. Instantaneously, a bright red lightsaber blade came to life. He overhand threw it at the man, using the dark side to guide it- to spin it. It cut the man in half- verticly. It cauterized his wounds, thus not letting him bleed everywhere.

The lightsaber came back to his hand, and Zasz deactivated the blade.

He looked to Daria.

"As I was saying- I didn't kidnap you."

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:32:06 PM
Daria’s eyes searched the now convulsing, smoking, body of the intruder and the two halves of his counterpart.

“What manner of weapon was that?” she asked, awed.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:37:52 PM
"The first fell by lightning; a product of my will. The second, a lightsaber."

He replied, looking at her awe-stricken face.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:41:48 PM
“Fascinating.”

Daria lowered herself back down from being rigid and upright to slouched somewhat. It was vaguely unsettling to have seen lightning spring from the man’s fingertips, but this was outweighed by the entertainment value of the charred body.

“I suppose I should thank you for getting me out of the street during my seizure…”

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:44:33 PM
"Yes; such a beautiful woman unsconscious left to these fiends..tsk.."

He shook his head as he smiled; did he frighten her by what he had done? If he had, he didn't mean to- he just wanted the two intruders gone, or dead.

He walked over to where the bodies lay, lightly admiring his own handiwork..

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:46:23 PM
“How ever am I to repay you?”

Daria canted her head to one side, eyes narrowing slightly.

“I shouldn’t like to end up like our barbequed friend there.”

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:49:27 PM
"It's doubtful you will; but I think we can work something out."

He said with a light grin as the bodies of the fallen intruders were lifted by an unseen force. The door to his home was open, and the bodies moved, and were flung into the street. Three thuds heard. The door shut, and the locks clicked.

He turned back to her as he looked her over; an interesting and beautiful woman indeed.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:51:14 PM
Daria’s hand, without consciously being told to do so, dipped to her waist were a baldric contained one of her knives. She eyed Zasz incredulously, suspicious of his potential dubious intents.

“Oh really? And what do you have in mind?”

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:53:09 PM
"If I could do what I did to these men; what makes you think I couldn't do it to you? And if I wanted to, it would have already been done."

He said as he looked to her hand where it was as he faced her.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:55:07 PM
“Perhaps you were having a characteristic moment of human weakness, your emotions staying your hand from me. It’s not uncommon. A fair face has many a time been a mans downfall.”

Her last words were said with a twisted mixture of pride and disgust. She loathed that people saw her in that light, especially men – aside from Naj, of course – but felt some small satisfaction knowing that she had another card in her hand to play should she need it.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:57:45 PM
The blood red blade of plasma was ignited; the lightsaber blade pointed at her a bit, it seemed. He looked at her with dark brown eyes.

"There is some truth in your words."

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:01:50 PM
“And yet now it seems that rare moment has passed,”

Daria replied, breathing her words carefully as if trying to be cautious not to tempt the blade any closer.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:06:41 PM
"Has it? I can never tell."

He moved forward, the blade about to penetrate her neck- it would've killed her had he not adjusted it to the far right of his side. He walked quickly to her, his left hand coming to the back of her neck- the lightsaber still ignited and to the side.

He pulled her easily enough- it took little strength on his part, and their lips met in a kiss.

He tested the waters; but of course, the saber was ever menacing.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:50:55 AM
No sooner than had his lips met Daria’s did the Dark Jedi feel a bite.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:58:01 AM
The bite was lightly painful; more erotic for the Dark Jedi. Though, he understood it's intent and he pulled away, the skin of his lip being dragged by her teeth. He stood face to face.

"Hm..."

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:05:26 AM
“You men are all the same,” Daria snapped.

“A little show of power and you think we’ll all fall at your feet. I’ve seen it before, and better, and am not so easily won over.”

Zasz Grimm
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:08:29 AM
"Better?"

The lightsaber blade twirled in his hand, passing dangerously close to Daria's hip. He looked at her as he stepped back and away, turning from her to look at the durasteel door...

"I doubt that."

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:09:38 AM
“I have.”

A scowl came over the Doz’rah, as she caught Zasz’s gaze with a challenging stare.

“And I can prove it to you.”

Zasz Grimm
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:12:09 AM
He deactivated the saber, returning it to it's sanctum underneath his long cloak. He stayed where he was, looking at the wall for a few moments, nothing was heard but silence.

He turned back to look at her.

"Oh? Do show."

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:14:35 AM
“Not here. In a different system entirely.”

Quietly confident that Naj and company were stronger, Daria allowed a complacent smile to work onto her lips.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:16:21 AM
"Where?"

Curiousity ebbed at him.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:21:17 AM
“Koros Major, in the Empress Teta system.”

Unknowingly, Daria had just broken Naj’s most important rule, of never revealing the Krath’s location.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:23:18 AM
"I assume we shall be going together?"

He asked; ready to leave immediately- His Coruscant home was meant to be able to left at a moments notice, being only a temporary home.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:24:27 AM
“You will take me back there and then you will leave. It is not your place to be there.”

Zasz Grimm
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:30:58 AM
He said nothing in response to the woman; the doors latches and locks unclicked and he opened the door. He walked through it and took a left, through unruly halls- unkept, dirty floors.

They went up the entirity of the building, to the top, where his ship was. The ramp extended as he neared it, and he looked back to her..

..."Ladies first."