PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now - its another character eval thread!

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:16:52 AM
I don't think I need to explain this. Criticize away, pleeease. No criticism is too small.

PS - don't hold back to just Vega. Suprise suprise I have more than one char ;)

Angelica Shin
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:20:10 AM
Gah, too many char. based threads.

Bloody hell, why do you people need this? I think if your writing is good enough for you why the hell do you need another person's opinion?

OK, now that that's done, Jen-Jen, Vega's a fine character, even if he does pry his nose into certian things (ie one former disciples past, you know who I'm talkin' about), that's what makes him interesting.

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:22:54 AM
It's interesting to know what other people think of your characters and how you play them, especially if they view you as doing something wrong.

And I have absolutely no idea what disciple you're talking about o_O

Angelica Shin
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:23:26 AM
Raye Valkyrie.

Kelt Simoson
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:36:51 AM
Firstly, i think that over the 2 and (whatever ;)) years I've been involved with Vega as Sieken you have shaped the blonde man into quite a good, well played and realistic character. He can make you frown or laugh even through hes a Dark Jedi and so hes not the "i hate everyone and i will destroy everyone..." Darksider but you have added a touch of realism there also which makes a superb char to read.

Secondly, i think what makes it for me to enjoy his story is you RP him how i would see him anyway so i don't have to dream up a vision of him because its already there, which accounts for being a good writer also, and the fact you play him well like this (for me) makes it easier to read, realistic and more enjoyable.

The only bad thing i can see here Jenny is i don't see him in stories as much as he used to be which is quite upsetting because i always liked reading Vegas RPies.

Charley
Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:37:27 PM
Vega personifies the obsession with ego. I like that approach quite a bit. I think you play the character fairly, and are ready to give yourself more credit than you do already.

Belargic Brothers: I hate them. They are evil teases, and really should be shot. How can you treat Taataani so badly and be Jedi? Can't you see she's emotionally wounded?!?

Other characters: You have a good attention for detail and getting into some of your smaller roles. I like that alot.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:42:15 PM
You're easily one of the best RPers on the boards.

DarthHERA
Aug 3rd, 2003, 01:27:24 AM
I agree with Morgan.

Though I havent directly interacted with alot of your characters, I try to often read them and I think you word your posts in a very entertaining manner, as well as staying in the 'mood' of your character's personalities. Vega you do especially well.

keep up the good work.

Aaron Belargic
Aug 4th, 2003, 07:46:36 AM

Belargic Brothers: I hate them. They are evil teases, and really should be shot.

:angel

Denali Gue
Aug 4th, 2003, 10:25:38 AM
Your posts take twists and turns that I find unexpected and it pleases me that Im proven 'wrong'. I look forward to reading Vega posts and RP's (not for the obvious reasons). His massive ego is one of his charms.

I find both Vega and Dasquian to be well balanced, each with their own little foillibles and thats what keeps them so interesting. Youre very easy to 'read' and convey their emotions/thoughts very well....in fact, all of your chars are written/RP'd well, though some I read less than others.

You strive (and achieve) for different personalities with each creation, making them unique in their own right. Youre easily one of the best roleplayers on the boards. I cant think of one comment to the negative. :)