PDA

View Full Version : The Caves of Masposhani

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2003, 04:13:43 AM
OOC: This is a sort of training thread, so I’m not really looking for a fight for Dasquian. Just some exploring.

One of the most important things a Jedi must learn is not to rely entirely on their own senses. Each sense can be, and is, tricked virtually on a daily basis. We are lead to believe things that we see are true when in fact they are illusion, a simple piece of visual trickery. An underhanded character may cloak themselves in illusion, beguiling us with a false appearance, and our eyes cannot see past it. What we must learn is not to see so plainly, but to focus with the inner eye, with the Force.

The pathway down to the entrance of the cavern ahead was not an easy one and were it not for his good balance Dasquian would have undoubtedly slipped and fell numerous times. As it was, he made his way down over the rocks in silence, clearing the stream that cut between the bank edges on occasion to get onto more firm ground.

Ahead the cliff face broke in two, a crack down its center forming the only means of entering the caves. It was perhaps tall enough for two men to enter, and was coated with moss and algae at its edges, showing were the river had risen and swilled against it. The light of the planets sun dipped only a little into the entrance, reflecting on the water and showing nothing but murky darkness below.

The depth of the water sloped downwards at the opening and allowed Dasquian to hop across into the mouth. He steadied himself with one hand, holding onto the rock above him, whilst peering into the darkness before him. There was little that could be seen inside beyond where the suns light hit the water. It smelt thickly of damp and it took the Knight a moment to adjust before he began walking, boots disturbing the thin film of water below them.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:07:39 AM
Jacali Danner had awakened early and had seen her master, Dasquian leave the ship they were on. Curiousity, had gotten the best of her and she waited until he was out of sight, before she began tracking him.

It was a new method of training that she's discovered and she had hoped she'd be able to give it a try on this trip and hoped that her mster wouldn't mind.

"No time like the present," she told herself and began to walk in the direction her master took.

It wasn't easy, by any means. Her balance was good as well, but she did stumble once and managed to rip one of the knees in her pants. "Ow," she grumbled as she stood once again and grimaced down at her pantleg.

With a sigh, she continued tried to keep out of sight, but it was rather hard and he finally did see her. Probably 'felt' her presence before that.

She stayed on the opposite side of the water, bit her lip and bowed a greeting. "Uh..good morning, Master." She grimaced slightly hoping that is was okay for her to be there.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:22:53 PM
Dasquian had turned to look upon hearing a displacement in the rocks behind him. Not yet far enough into the cave to be engulfed by shadow, but far enough that his figure was partially obscured by shadow, his smile to his apprentice was not visible.

“I wasn’t sure if you were going to join me this morning,” he said, his voice bouncing off of the cave walls around him.

“Are you sure you want to come? This exercise is not easy.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:45:48 PM
"If you would allow me, I'd be honored to join you in the exercise, Master." She told him with a grin. With that said, Jacali jumped across to join her master. The rocks were slippery, but she managed to keep her balance and looked into the darkness that engulfed Dasquian. "Looks interesting, Master."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 3rd, 2003, 04:23:46 AM
“Interesting, but dangerous.”

Dasquian traced a hand down the clamy rock surface.

“These caves were used in the days of my training to develop a better balance with the Force in apprentices. The path through the chambers is dual but both end up at the same exit so you are not in danger of getting lost, but there are many obstacles throughout the journey.”

He turned and took a few more splishsplash steps inside.

“It should prove an excellent way of improving your perception of that which is around you.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:31:45 AM
Jacali nodded. "I can definitely use practice on that area, Master." She had become far more aggressive in her training lately. Opening herself up to new challenges had begun to thrive in her.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:56:46 AM
“As could I.”

Dasquian and Jacali began walking into the darkness. Soon the light was left far behind them and although their eyes strained to adjust the best that could be seen were varying shades of black.

“Your training is progressing well, Jacali. I have no doubts that you will be able to overcome this task with persistence, but should you become lost, stuck or disorientated, use this.”

Dasquian put something into the Padawans hand in the darkness. It was a small portable glowtorch.

“… And if this does not help, you can contact me through the Force. I will not be far away.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 4th, 2003, 05:24:11 AM
"Yes, Master." She answered and carefully placed the glowtorch into her cargo pants pocket for safe keeping as she continued on in the darkness.

It was good to know that her master thought she was progressing as she reached out and began to draw on the Force more. It was pretty darn dark and besides her master, who knew what was ahead of her.

Her feet slid here and there, but she didn't fall and that surprised her.

As she concentrated on drawing on the Force to 'feel' in front of her.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 4th, 2003, 06:01:10 AM
The path split in two and Dasquian waved a silent goodbye to Jacali as he took the left route. The Force, for a Jedi, acted as radar of sorts, bouncing back information at all times to alert the Jedi to their surroundings. It was a similar sensation to this as the Jedi walked through the dark, the back of his neck prickling as he felt the contours of the rock surface, allowing his instinct and judgment of the relief to guide him.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 4th, 2003, 03:46:09 PM
Jacali stopped for a second as she 'felt' her master take the left route, with a deep breath she continued towards the right.

Both paths end up at the same exit... With this in mind, she slowly trudged ahead. She called on the Force even more now than before to guide her along. It was a strange feeling, to be in the pitch black alone. She silently hoped that no animals had taken residence in the cavern.

It didn't take long for her to trip over a rock and hit the ground. "Ugh," she mumbled as she pushed herself back up with an irritated sigh.

At that point, she was slightly disoriented. "Oh, frell." She said and then heard it echo throughout the cavern. She tensed for a moment. Okay, Jacali...don't panic. What would Dasquian do? Calm down first!

With a deep breath, she relaxed again. Allowing all the tenseness to pass through her. Okay. She thought. I can do this.

Jacali closed her eyes and drew on the Force, it was a comfort to her. She 'felt' for the path at which she came to advise her which way to continue going. There! Her own Force path showed up in her mind and she smiled. "Okay," she said as she began walking again.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:43:04 AM
Dasquian was finding little trouble navigating his side of the tunnel; in fact it seemed to be quite a straight forward path. Jacali’s was not quite the same, however. Unbeknownst to the Knight since the original use of the caves something had changed. The reason the Jedi Council no longer used it as a means of trial was because where once nothing had dwelt within the cave, now things did – and they did not appreciate visitors.

Had there been light in the cavern Jacali would have seen what looked like cocoons, or chrysalis, of some kind dangling from the roof above her. They were all dormant, however, and didn’t look as though they were about to move any time soon. Never the less, there was the potential that one of their already born relatives was stalking somewhere ahead.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:44:36 AM
Once back on track, Jacali continued at a very cautious pace. She hoped the exit was coming up very soon, because the turns that she kept running into were everywhere. She kicked a couple of rocks along the way, that echoed on forever. The exercise didn't seem too bad, so far.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:40:09 AM
Up ahead of Jacali, something was causing the water to shift and displace. Something was wriggling about there, in the puddle, and although she could not see it, it could see her and was straining to move towards her.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:46:54 PM
Opened to the Force, Jacali's sensing abilities suddenly screamed out at her. She stopped and strained to listen.

Something wasn't right...something was...here.

She could just barely make out the almost silent swishing-splashy noises up ahead of her.

"Master?" She whispered, "is that you?" She didn't move a muscle, hoping to hear an answer...soon.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2003, 07:42:41 AM
There was no answer, of course. Dasquian was busy clambering over a clammy rock and too far deep into his tunnel to hear Jacali’s words. The little thing ahead of her did though. It keened, and made a little whine of a noise as it struggled on forwards still. Something told Jacali it was not in the best of shape.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:36:00 AM
Oh, man... She thought wildly and cautiously took another step forward. For a second, she thought about using the glowtorch, but it wasn't an emergency yet.

Perhaps, the creature was just some small injured thing that she could easily pass by and go on. It was right ahead of her and there was no other way to go, but around it.

"Okay, little..whatever you are," she said. 'I'm going around you."

With a deep breath, she began slowly walking towards it.

It's small and injured, it's small and injuried... She kept telling herself this to keep her mind calmed.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:43:14 PM
Pain. Jacali could feel pain. It was wounded, and quite badly, and yet it was still trying to get towards her. Its breathing was laborious as it moved, as it gaped and sucked in breaths through whatever it had in place of a mouth.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:29:59 PM
Jacali stopped, she could not ignore it. The pain she felt coming from it, stopped her in her tracks. With a heavy sigh, she whispered almost silently. "I hope, I don't regret this."

The Padawan reached into her pants pocket and brought out the glowtorch, with a quick 'snap' and a good shake, it came to life. Glowing a brilliant green color that lighted the entire area. Once her eyes adjusted, she held it over to where the noises were coming from.

It was some strange looking small, furry creature, injured badly. She walked over to it, spashing through the puddles as she went and bent down by it. "What happened to you?" she asked gently as she looked it over. It seemed startled by the light, so she put it behind her and inspected the creature more closely.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:30:17 AM
It had great eyes that absorbed even the most small amount of light, so had shrunk away when the torch had first been lit. Like a wobbly round ball with legs, it resembled something of a compacted duck-billed platypus, minus the bill and plus two rows of vaguely threatening teeth. One of its front legs looked like it was jutted at any awkward angle, and the water just around it was a little darker than it should have been.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 16th, 2003, 04:35:27 AM
Jacali wasn't paying attention to the water as she looked at the small creature. "Eww, looks like you've broken your leg." She observed quickly.

She silently wished Quay'Na was here, she'd know what to do. But, her friend was lightyears away.

Jacali cautiously reached down and stroked the ceature on the scruff of it's neck and smiled. It seemed to like it and it's whimpering stopped, momentarily.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2003, 05:10:23 AM
It may have stopped its whimpering for the moment, but Jacali could still sense its pain. While Dasquian pulled himself up over a rock and spotted light ahead, no doubt where the tunnel found its way back out into the grasslands, Jacali was facing a dilemma – to move on and find her way out, to stay and try to help the creature, or to try and take it with her.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:53:02 AM
Not normally thinking that she was particularly good with animals, Jacali stood for a moment. If she were to leave it here it might die, on the other hand if she were to take it with her, it could possibly be healed. But, her Master just might frown upon it.

Biting her lip, she decided to take her chances with her Master.

"Alright, come on." Jacali spoke softly as she crouched back down and gently lifted the creatures up. "Now, I really hope I don't regret this."