PDA

View Full Version : Wrong names in last post by?

Crystal
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:33:23 AM
I've only noticed this error at GJO's section of the board.. but I don't vist anywhere else on the board, really.

I don't quite know how to describe this .. so I'll give an example.

I go to GJO's forum, and it lists Dasquin as the last person to post in the roleplaying helpdesk.. when I go to the fourm, the last post was made by Kanji today.. so I go back to the main forum, click on dasquin's name in the last post by thing and it takes me Kanji's profile.. I refreshed, and everything.. it still says last post was made by Dasquin yesterday.. as if it's ignoring the fact that Kanji made a post since then.

This has happened other times as well.. it's nothing big.. but I was just curious as to what's causing it :huh

Jamo Jakatta
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:34:47 AM
It's because Kanji editted his post after I posted as Dasquian (he originally posted before me).

Crystal
Aug 2nd, 2003, 04:07:53 AM
Oh.. okay.. That makes sence.^_^;

It was really bugging me as to why that happens sometimes..

TheHolo.Net
Sep 2nd, 2003, 01:47:33 PM
Edit bumping of threads is a hacked in feature. Typically when a post is edited on a vB , the thread stays where it was in the list, but I hacked it to bump the threads to the top. An unfortunate side effect is what you had explained here.

So yup, Jamo is correct.

Crystal
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:01:04 PM
Yeah, I've noticed on other vbs it doesn't bump a thread.. I rather like the feature, though.. even if it has this side effect :)