PDA

View Full Version : The Evil That Men Do (complete)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:21:04 AM
Continued from here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31121)…

He was unable to sustain it any longer. The guilt of having driven Terran away from the Order had finally fallen heavily down upon his shoulders, and he sagged visibly because of it. Meditating the previous morning had not helped and neither had sleep, he just kept dreaming about that horrible moment when he and Xazor had been practicing archery and Terran had stumbled in upon them.

It was all such a muddle. So much had happened that shouldn’t have and now he was left quite possibly with a stained character for life. All through his time in the Old Republic he had barely seen his wife and he had been content in this. He had been a good Jedi and an admirable Jedi, but how was he to do this if he was gaining a reputation as a home wrecker? Dasquian needed some answers, or at least advice, and the best place he could think to go was to Navaria Tarkin.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 5th, 2003, 09:30:54 PM
Navaria sat peacefully within the gardens on the Academy grounds underneath the giant Morthrian Tree. Sitting erect and calm, she slowly breathed in the humid air and then exhaled rhythmically. Meditations had worn thin lately in her quarters and needed a change of scenery. Such a place existed for a Jedi to get away from the hustle of the city planet, and provided a challenge to tune out all the hovercraft engines that buzzed everywhere in the air.

A simple but fun challenge none the less. The trick was for her to block out her heightened hearing while keeping herself completely serene so she could bathe in the Force's presence with ease...

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 6th, 2003, 07:56:33 AM
Quickly moving down the academy stairs, Dasquian had been briskly stalking through the halls for some time now to try and get to where Navaria was, and only slowed down once spotting her sitting ahead. Cautiously approaching, he raised a hand to shield the sun out of his eyes.

“Master Tarkin?”

He felt a little awkward disturbing her, but did not think he could wait.

“Can I speak with you for a moment?”

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:00:59 AM
Her eyes didnt open... She remained in the exact position as Dasquian approached.

"Of course. Sit and tell me what troubles you."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:23:13 AM
Dasquian paused a moment before sitting, legs crossed, hands clasped together in his lap. He watched his fingertips drumming against one another for a short while as he tried to work out what to say.

“… I have gone against what it means to be a Jedi and caused another pain.”

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 11th, 2003, 09:40:02 PM
"Terran and Xazor."

Her eyes fluttered opened.

"It has to do with them."

She could have had Dasquian say it for himself, but Navaria knew that he had given much thought to his situation. He needed guidance into what to do now...

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2003, 04:52:49 AM
"Yes,"

Dasquian pulled his eyes away from Navaria's as she looked at him.

"Terran is distraught. Xazor is torn. Sejah is in a coma. All this came as a result of my actions, Master. I know I cannot simply right it in one, but is there anyway you can think that I can try at least to begin to deal with it?""

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:54:33 PM
"Tell me how you and Xazor came to be together again and then maybe I can find a place to start."

This was going to be messy. She wasn't looking forward to it but Dasquian needed her help. As his former Master and fellow Jedi, it was her duty to help him.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:05:12 AM
“I’m not even sure how it happened, Master…”

Dasquian tried to think back but it just seemed like a blur.

“Xazor was visiting a lot; so that I could see Valanya, we were training a bit together too. I don’t know… I’m terribly weak willed, aren’t I?”

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 19th, 2003, 09:45:47 PM
"Do you honestly think that this is completely your fault?"

She was watching him carefully ... unblinking.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:51:30 AM
“Yes. I do. What happened cause a chain set of reactions, and without the original act on my behalf, those subsequent events would have never taken place.”

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 20th, 2003, 01:41:14 PM
"You refer to what happened when you were kidnapped?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:47:44 PM
“No… well, yes in part, but latter events. I should have kept my distance from Xazor.”

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:50:46 PM
"Depends. Did Xazor ever tell you to back off?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:51:55 PM
“Of course not. She and I were friends and I believe I am right in assuming that she cared for me even if she did feel betrayed by what happened with… that Witch and her cohorts.”

Dasquian went perceptibly paler at the thought.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:54:09 PM
"Either way, you are not the only one to blame. You made a choice and lived with the consequences, and so did the both of you when you decided to ... resume your romantic attachment."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:59:22 PM
“That does not exempt me for the blame – whether or not the guilty is divided is of little consequence. I still feel it as strongly. You saw Terran, you saw what he was like, and that is our fault.”

He shook his head.

“Xazor is away, off on her own personal journey and seems to have given little thought to it. I don’t understand… how she can be so callous.”

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:05:44 PM
"I ..."

She sighed and slumped forward from her straight meditative position.

".. I have no answer for that. I do not know why she would leave Terran in that state either. So that leaves me ..."

The Knight looked up and offered a sad smile.

"... to help you then. Terran was my student of sorts, but more importantly my friend."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:08:25 PM
“I considered him a friend also. I don’t imagine he would think the same of me now, however, and I don’t blame him.”

Dasquian fiddled idly with a pebble he’d taken up from the ground.

“… I suppose I just needed to get my thoughts out. I’ve been running over them in my head for so long now, trying to make some sense of them, what I’ve done and what I need to do – what I’m trying to say is thank you for listening, even if that is all you can do.”

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:10:39 PM
"What are former Master's for, Dasquian?"

She reached out a hand and held his shoulder.

"I will always be here for you."

Navaria then turned serious.

"Do you have an idea of what to do? I have been thinking on the matter as we have been talking, but honestly ... a bit stumped on how to relieve Terran's distress."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:13:16 PM
“I want to go to him, but I’m not sure whether it will do more harm than good. Perhaps he needs time to himself? But then this loneliness could only fuel his despair…”

It was quite a puzzle, that was certain.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:15:37 PM
She pulled back.

"Either would be bad. Just a feeling I have..."

Her brows furrowed in thought, then rose.

".. unless ... well, perhaps my presence being there will help? He does trust me ... Only problem I see is that he could possibly think I was siding with you. Depends on what you are going to tell him. Any idea on what you were going to say?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:18:27 PM
“Sorry?”

Dasquian shrugged his shoulders lightly.

“That I never intended any of this to happen, that he is loved and needed here.”

He shook his head.

“I don’t know. Why should he care what I say? He will just see it as my personal attempt to alleviate myself of any guilt I feel… that I just… don’t want a tarnished reputation. Perhaps that is why I want to do it.”

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 31st, 2003, 07:22:52 PM
"Then you should search hard within yourself and know why you seek his forgiveness before you leave. You need to know the reasons, and if it is for the wrong reasons, there really is no point in going through with this Dasquian. It serves no purpose except to clear your conscience."

She looked at him sternly.

"You truly need to be sorry for what had happened."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:11:26 AM
Dasquian fell silent in thought. Was he truly sorry? He thought he was. He felt pained and he didn’t know why this would be the case if he did not feel remorse for his actions. He nodded to himself, as if affirming his thoughts.

“I am. I know I am.”

Without explanation, he began to get to his feet.

“Thank you for your counsel, Master Tarkin,” his head bowed in reverence and thanks.

“Your words are like a ray of light in the fog.”

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:37:44 PM
And she knew as well that Dasquian was. There was no need to sense for the truth, it was carried in his voice.

Navaria rose to her feet and returned the bow. His intentions were hidden, but it did not matter. How this ended was dependent upon Dasquian's future actions. She was merely a way to stabilize the path he needed to walk.

"It pleases me that I was able to help you once again. May the Force be with you, Dasquian Belargic, and may it protect you in all the dark places you must walk."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 6th, 2003, 04:31:35 AM
“Thank you, Master Tarkin.”

Once again he bowed his head and looked up with a returning smile to Navaria. His resolve was firm now. With a nod he turned and made back towards the Living complex. He would go to Terran and he would settle this once and for all.