PDA

View Full Version : Apparently one of the Soth accounts banned from OOC isn't Soth

Taylor Millard
Aug 1st, 2003, 11:25:42 PM
Ambrose Braeden says his accounts were revoked from OCC because of the same IP address with Soth (he'd apparently used Soth's computer from time to time). Ogre I think you got a PM from him...and here's the AIM conversation I had with Ambrose (printed with permission).

I double checked the emails of all the characters listed and they're all to the CVpondhopper@aol.com email. Of course it could just be Soth trying to get access to OOC with another character

*shrugs*

Anyway here's the conversation:

CVpondhopper: thanks
TaylorMillard: What can I do for you Mister Braeden?
TaylorMillard: And you're welcome
TaylorMillard: *sorry forthe formality
CVpondhopper: ok...you know how all of lord soths characters have the ooc forum taken away
TaylorMillard: Mmhmm
CVpondhopper: well, mine are too...you see ive been over there a couple of times on his computer
CVpondhopper: he is a good friend of mine
TaylorMillard: You've got AOL correct?
CVpondhopper: yes
TaylorMillard: That might be the reason
CVpondhopper: ok
TaylorMillard: What I would do is PM Ogre about it to get your access back
CVpondhopper: oh ok...thanks for all of the help...
TaylorMillard: I'll make a post about it in the mod forum as well...Permission to save this conversation so it can be posted in the mod forum?
TaylorMillard: Okay thanks. I'd PM Ogre about it too
CVpondhopper: ill pm him asap
TaylorMillard: Is the Ambrose account yoru only one?
CVpondhopper: no...eldorack, barf, raymious, chunk, and mini you...
TaylorMillard: okies, I was wondering who RPed Eldorack
CVpondhopper: k
TaylorMillard: That solves that question lol
CVpondhopper: lol
CVpondhopper: yeah...thats why me and him are together...father and son
CVpondhopper: should i pm him on the accound oger or swfans.net
TaylorMillard: SWF
CVpondhopper: k
TaylorMillard: Is there anything else I can do for ya tonight?
CVpondhopper: no that will be all...thanks so much too
TaylorMillard: Not a problem. You get that PM sent?
TaylorMillard: all right cool. Happy to help.
TaylorMillard: I'll talk with ya later, Ambrose. Again, glad I could be of service

TheHolo.Net
Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:04:55 PM
"Barf" is the account I watched Soth log into after I banned him from OOC. I watched him log into it via IP, and it was exact down to every single digit. It was a pacbell IP, not just an AOL proxy. I suspect they are sharing that account and possibly some others, which is why I banned the accounts with Ambrose's email addresses too. We have no way of knowing for sure which accounts are shared and which are not.

Ambrose said nothing about the two of them posting from the same place on the evening in question so I am inclined to leave most of Ambrose's 12 or so characters banned from the OOC forum, because its obvious at least one if not more are shared.

Ask him which one or two characters only he has access to and I will re-grant their access, but Barf does not get access back because I verified via IP that Soth had access to it or they were both in the same location that evening yet Ambrose said nothing about it.

Taylor Millard
Aug 2nd, 2003, 07:52:17 PM
I might, I'll just see if I get asked via PM again or not.

If I do, then I'll ask...if not, then I won't. It could've been they were trying to pull one over me. Which is one reason why I said to PM you about it. I didn't want to do anything that'd cause trouble, plus...we have had difficulties with 'em in the past.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 3rd, 2003, 12:59:29 PM
Works for me, thanks.