PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Academy Classes Have Officially Started

Sage Hazzard
Jul 31st, 2003, 02:26:14 AM
Group A (Alpha)
Basic Combat (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31091)

Aaron Belargic
Destiny Stormrider
Leten Snat
Telexia Xio
Rhayne

Group B (Beta)
Basic Force (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31092)

Mitara Sinar
Admiral Zahn
Jandor Tarvin
Jaina Tarvin
Sola Paz
Tyme Odin

Group C
Philosophy/History (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31093)

Giger
Zacharia Dawnstrider
Faith Lerf
Old Man Jedi
Inu

Group D (Delta)
OOC/RPing (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31094)

Opie-Wan
River Kincaid
Dyrdre Lo
Simene Dawnstrider
Zao
<hr>
Okay, I gave alternate names for each group(except C, because I couldn't think up one) in case anyone gets tired of refering to them as a letter. In the future maybe we can come up with more fancy names but I figured simplicity is best right now.

Okay, I structured each post with a pass off. I passed it off to a teacher. All teachers(myself included) will give lessons eventually, but I figured it'd flow better if I passed it off. Also, I might not be able to get online tomorrow(RL late night plans), so I figured I should give it to someone who might. So, the following have posts to make right away:

Dasq
Fig
Helenias
Ryla

That last one's obvious, since Ryla's teaching all by her lonesome. I made a post just to get it up, so I could link to all the class threads, in the sign-up post, in one swoop. It's all your's from here Ryla. :)

I went ahead and counted some late entries ellegible, since it made it an even 20. Which means five per group. :)

Well, it's official. The first Academy Classes have begun! :D

Faith Lerf
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:39:58 AM
Okay, I'm sorry to post here, but I'm just curious about one thing, how are the "students" going to go about posting in this? Or do they? I mean, are we just supposed to read and comprehend what's going on?

Xazor Elessar
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:14:34 AM
Disregard this post. :mneh

Jackson DeWitt
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:42:35 AM
Could you perhaps hold off by a day or so...so that I can get involved?

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:47:54 PM
I'm sure you can RP him as coming in late or something.

Just so everybody here knows: (posted in my thread but I thought I'd tack it on here as well.)

1. I will be starting mine up on the 5th, when I return.
2. This class is taught strictly OOC, which means if you have a newly-established initiate character, you most likely don't need this course. :) It is geared towards people with little or no experience RPing.
2.5. And another thing... If you have any brilliant insights into basic RP technique/ what not to do/ how to do something cool, please PM me. :D

Pierce Tondry
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:11:51 PM
Ryla: I'm usually pretty good with writing criticism, so I'll keep an eye on your thread and make suggestions via PM should I happen to think of any.

PS, if anybody needs a training dummy, I can bring in Pierce.

Sage Hazzard
Jul 31st, 2003, 11:52:25 PM
Faith: Just think of it like any other RP. :)

Jackson: Well, I don't know about holding off, as I've already held this thing from starting waaay to long. You could always just knock on the door and come in, or simply say you were there originally and I can change the start post to include you on the list. In a day or so it won't have gone too far for you not to perticipate. I'm sure some people already on the list will not post right away. I'm cool with altering my posts(including you in Group A), if you're cool with playing along with that.

Faith Lerf
Aug 1st, 2003, 05:18:04 AM
okay, thanks. I was just curious on how it would work... :D

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 1st, 2003, 09:13:28 PM
Thanks Pierce. :)

Zeke
Aug 1st, 2003, 10:53:31 PM
When is it legal for students to post?

Lady Mylia
Aug 1st, 2003, 11:21:41 PM
that's what I was trying to get at! LoL~ *is Faith*

Sage Hazzard
Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:11:00 AM
:lol Legal? :lol

It's cool whenever. You can just set up your character and his/her thoughts, reasons for being there, who they're sitting next to, etc. if you want, to start. Then you can reply to the teacher's instructions about how you're doing it, etc. and if problems arrise, etc. then you can raise your hand and ask questions. Like a real class.

Treat it like a normal thread. We won't wap you on the wrists with rulers if you do wrongly. :lol As it is, it seems no one's posting. So don't be afraid to cut loose. :)

Figrin D'an
Aug 2nd, 2003, 07:26:01 PM
I'll try to get to this quickly. I've been away for the past week, so I have a fair amount of catching up to do.

Zeke
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:34:15 PM
Just whenever, huh? 'kay, didn't know if the teachers needed a few posts to set up or something.

Sage Hazzard
Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:48:03 PM
I'm going for a quick intro (thus the fact I had everyone already present, established in my post) so we can get into the thick of the thread quickly. If you anyone wants to take it apon themselves to set their character up, by all means do so.

Thank you, Figrin. :)