PDA

View Full Version : Unforseen absence

Kueller
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:03:31 PM
Kueller stepped into the B+G after what had felt like years. It had been a good couple of weeks but he had missed the atmosphere. He'd come down of a morning and talk to Jandor or Mitara. He wondered where they were. Perhaps he'd meet the today. He took a seat at the bar and ordered a full Naboo breakfast and aet. He waited for something interesting to happen.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 04:29:43 AM
Quay'Na Rakai had just returned to the Temple after an all night excursion and decided that she needed some coffee to wake her up, before going to train with Master Sage.

She walked through the doors and headed for the bar to order her coffee, but then decided against that and ordered an expresso.

Leaning against the bar, she awaited her drink and just happened to look over and see Kueller, another one of Sage's padawan's. She knew of him, but had never actually met him, so now was a better time than any to make the acquantance.

"Hello, Kueller, " she smiled. "I'm Quay'Na, one of Master Sage's other padawan's."

Kueller
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:13:26 AM
"Hello. So Master Sage teaches you aswell?" Kueller knew that Master Sage could be a very cruel teacher. Even if the cruelty was beneficial. "How long has he been teaching you?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:22:02 AM
Quay'Na nodded as she received her expresso. "Yes, he's been my master for a month or so. He's an awesome Master, don't you think?"

Kueller
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:23:37 AM
Kueller wouldn't exactly put it that way, "Well he has interesting ways of teaching. He is a very good Jedi Master though."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:27:40 AM
"Definitely, Kueller." She smiled. "So how long have you been under him?" It was good to finally talk to one of her master's other padawan's.

Kueller
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:29:16 AM
Kueller thought for a moment, "Somewhere between a month and two months. Time really doesn't have any effect here."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:39:09 AM
That much was true as she thought of the long night behind her and the longer day that lay ahead. "I, the other hand could use some more time....my training has been more than interesting. He works a lot with me with animals, the main interest in my Jedi trait. I'm a symbiont with nature."

Kueller
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:43:03 AM
"Interesting. Is that on the conscious level or an unconscious one?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:48:16 PM
"Conscious, all the time. The nature realm in the Force, is quite unique. What about you, what is your specialty?"

Kueller
Aug 1st, 2003, 02:02:05 AM
"Sensing emotions. That and han-to-hand combat." Kueller said automatically. "How do you know my name?" he never knew that his master had given out any of his padawans names.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 1st, 2003, 03:29:43 AM
"By word of mouth, Kueller. Your name is quite often referred to as being...uh..how shall we say....over-ambitious?" She raised an eyebrow towards him.

Kueller
Aug 1st, 2003, 03:35:30 AM
"I can't see how that's right. I'm usually quite cautious actually. I think..." Kueller said, confused. "Generally I like to stick to what I can do. But Master Sage hasn't seen that part of me yet." Kueller grinned he instantly knew that was who had told her.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 1st, 2003, 03:45:16 AM
Kueller was an interesting fellow, she had to admit, but she also picked up that he could be rather cocky at times.

She sipped on her expresso again, letting the caffeine liven her up once again.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with being over-abitious to a point, Kueller." That was true, but there was a fine line drawn between being over-ambitious and down right cocky.

Kueller
Aug 1st, 2003, 08:24:48 AM
"Maybe not. But I can tell you that my ambitions are very low. I've learned to aim low so if things do go wrong then you won't be disappointed."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:35:05 PM
She raised an eyebrow in his direction. "Good strategy, Kueller. I'm impressed."

Kueller
Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:51:34 AM
"Thank You. It's worked well for me so far." Kueller paid the barman and took his breakfast and aet. He took a sip of his aet and said, "Ever since my parents were killed by the Empire have I taken that view. It's now second nature to me."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:58:50 AM
She nodded towards him. "I'm sorry to hear about your parents, Kueller. The Empire has caused so much devastation over the years."

OOC:I thought the Empire was gone by now, if so I can edit.

Kueller
Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:34:37 AM
OOC: Yeah that's right. Kueller's 19. So it still fits.

IC:

"Yes. They were on Bastion when it was occupied by the Imperials after the second Death Star was destroyed. They were taught by Master Skywalker. They settled down on Bastion. They hoped nobody would find out they were knights. When they found out we fled to a planet famous for its comprehensive library. It was called Abergadoo-Rae. It had no specific military affilation but has a seat in the senate. Unfortuanately the Imperials came hours after we had arrived and murdered my parents. I was six months old then. The natives took me in and I lived with them."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:54:51 AM
"Wow, Kueller, that's horrible about your parents. Especially, at such a young age." She finished the last of her expresso and ordered another. "So, the natives adopted you then?"

Kueller
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:31:30 AM
"Yeah sort of. I had to do my own hunting at the age of five. As soon as I had the qualifications I joined the library staff. Finally 6 years later I became chief librarian of the library. Very high paid job. A week later someone saved me from a wild animal and suggested I go and train as a Jedi like my parents."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 03:51:04 AM
"Hmm, chief librarian? Sorry if I add, you don't seem the type. You seem like a more outdoorsy person."

Kueller
Aug 4th, 2003, 03:52:56 AM
"Well the pay was the highest on the world. And my knowledge is quite extensive. But I really had enough of being outdoor when I had been hunting for so long."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:02:36 AM
"I'll never get tired of the outdoors, it beckons to me. I miss my travels to different systems to check out the wildlife. The feel of the wind through my hair the sunlight on my face. The crunch of leaves beneath my feet." She sighed. "To me, there is no other paradise. That is, besides being a Jedi."

Kueller
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:03:59 AM
"Will you go back when you are a Jedi Knight?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:08:27 AM
"Yes, my life is out there in the jungles and forests. It may not seem like much, but there are evils out there as well. Poaching is one of the worst and sadly to say, it's one of the largest looked over illegal activity almost everywhere." She sipped on her drink. "Not many seem to care, they don't live in the wild."

Kueller
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:19:21 AM
"But you can't protect the whole galaxy. Millions of stars let alone planets." Kueller considered this, "That's not to say you can't go to the heart of the problem. And attack the poachers at their base."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:24:06 AM
Quay'Na nodded. "Exactly. My heart lies with animals and I will do everything I can to protect them. I believe that every living creature is entitled to help if it is needed. And once my training is complete, I will offer that help."

Kueller
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:28:21 AM
A sudden thought struck Kueller, "Are you a vegitarean?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:36:41 AM
Quay'Na looked at him strangely. "Yes, I won't touch meat. I can't stomach anything that I can communicate with."

Kueller
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:38:10 AM
"Err yeah. Have you even done any combat with Sage?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:42:15 AM
Dislightened, Quay'Na shook her head. "No, another area that we've not touched yet. I do, however know some basics that Master Ira taught me and I do have a lightsaabre. So, I'm not completely defenseless."

Kueller
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:48:07 AM
"You should be glad you haven't done it with Sage. He is brutal!"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:54:44 AM
"I'm sure I'll get my chance and I wouldn't want it any other way, Kueller. People 'out there' are brutal and I don't want Master Sage treating me any different, just because I'm a female. I have to be prepared to fight, when the time comes. I can take my licks just like everyone else." And she meant that.

Kueller
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:56:56 AM
"Well... Fine. But... You'll see soon enough."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 05:02:53 AM
Quya'Na smiled gently. "Trust me, I've felt pain. Try falling fifty feet from one Endorian Redwood branch to another. Broke a couple of ribs on that one."

Kueller
Aug 4th, 2003, 06:37:27 AM
"Yeah. The difference is that was an accident."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:55:22 PM
Quay'Na raised an eyebrow towards him. "If you're trying to scare me, it's not working, Kueller."

Kueller
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:54:08 AM
Kueller pulled an innocent face, "Why would I try to do that? I've hunted from the age of five and he's the scariest thing i've ever fought... apart from that Sith."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 5th, 2003, 02:47:30 AM
"A Sith? Yeah, right." She rolled her eyes as she saw that her cup was empty and ordered another expresso.

Kueller
Aug 5th, 2003, 12:54:12 PM
"It's true. The Sith was called Videl. She wasn't all that good. There was a witch person there as well. They were fighting Straffe Stormrider. And I went to help him." She had no reason to believe him even though it was true.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:00:06 PM
"Hmmm, and I rode on the back of a Greater Krayt dragon while on Tatooine."

Kueller
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:05:29 PM
"Well it's entirely true. Even if what you said wasn't."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:10:45 PM
Quay'Na giggled slightly as she received her fresh expresso. "Who is to know what is true or not true, my fellow Padawan?"

She took a sip. "So, what are you looking for out of life as Jedi? I already told mine."

Kueller
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:13:21 PM
"Well. I would like to become a Knight at least. That is my aim. My ambition is to become a council member." Kueller was serious about this. "I also want to train Padawans."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:18:39 PM
"Likewise for myelf, but a council member for me? Probably not. I wish to train Padawans too, I'm already helping out a friend with the same talents as my own. She's a beginner and showing her some of the ropes has been more than exciting."

Kueller
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:21:00 PM
Kueller frowned. It wasn't the kind of thing he'd get a kick out of. "What is their name?" he asked trying to link the conversation.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:28:26 PM
"Her name is Mylia Basque, a nature sybiont as well. Very nice young woman, so don't go harrassing her." She warned, quite seriously.

Kueller
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:43:00 PM
Kueller smiled behind his mug. "Is it really suitable for you to teack someone when you can't get it right yourself?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:58:27 PM
"Excuse me?" She didn't like his attitude.

Kueller
Aug 7th, 2003, 12:29:11 AM
"I was only joking. I'm sure you'd make a very fine mentor."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 7th, 2003, 03:42:27 AM
She sat back a little, "You have a strange sense of humor. Does that ever get you into trouble?" Quay"Na had the feeling that his mouth could get him into a lot of trouble.

Kueller
Aug 7th, 2003, 03:48:35 AM
"No. And the reason being? I never use any humour with people who can get me into trouble."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 7th, 2003, 03:58:23 AM
"Well, that's good." She told him and took another drink, letting the heat of the liqud sooth her throat and awaiting it's kick.

Kueller
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:02:10 AM
"So what's your home planet?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:09:24 AM
"Corellia, I lived near the city of Sui'Lin, part of the outer regions. It was very pleasent, woods everywhere."

Kueller
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:12:07 AM
"That's strange. Where I lived in Abergadoo-rae it was nothing but Jungle. It was refreshing but the sweat weighed a ton when you had to run through it." He would go back and visit the planet.
"So what was the Diktat's regimes really like?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:20:08 AM
"I really couldn't say, I stayed away from politics when I was there. I didn't have much use for it, I was only fourteen and I've not been back since."

Kueller
Aug 7th, 2003, 05:50:41 AM
"The only planets I have ever been to are Abergadoo-Rae, Bastion and here. But i know an awful lot about them after working in the library."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:47:36 PM
"I've been to several. Naboo was my favorite and Dagobah had to have been the worst."

Kueller
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:56:23 AM
Kueller widened his eyes in disbeleivement. "I've always wanted to go to Dagobah." When he saw Quay'Na's look of mockery he said, "You know it's the only known planet to have Force sensitive nature. Like plants and trees."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:23:22 AM
"Well, if you had had the unpleasant experience that I did, you wouldn't care to go back."