PDA

View Full Version : Character Evaluation (Sorsha Kasajian)

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:08:53 PM
This is the summer I've been trying to stir things up and turn things inside out. So how well am I doing? Or how bad am I doing?

Xazor Elessar
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:33:34 PM
:thumbup

Great! ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:35:43 PM
I would say you have definetly caused some chaos, sis :D

Lady Vader
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:22:30 PM
I think you're doing a helluva good job! Keep stirring that cauldron! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:17:33 PM
I think you're doing great...lotsa chaos, although I think we can all agree there can always be more. ;)

Denali Gue
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:27:34 PM
*pets da kitty*

I think youre doing a bang-up job. Ko and I still have nightmares from our encounter with you! :eek

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:28:13 PM
Same her- ... no wait :mischief

Charley
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:32:23 PM
You're one of the few people here that are gifted with enough imagination to keep me on my toes. Thanks for the fun.

DarthHERA
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:45:17 PM
Two thumbs up :)

You are a master of the plot twist.

rin
Jul 30th, 2003, 10:17:31 PM
Poopie...:thumbdown

:rolleyes

Dae Jinn
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:08:03 PM
Wow. Such maturity. :rolleyes

You know what I think of your rps, Kitty kat. :D *hugs*

Angelica Shin
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:07:13 AM
I think of Sorsha of the one character I'd love to RP with, but would probably end up getting my butt kicked anyways.

Keep it up Kitty, cos you're doing fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Silus Xilarian
Jul 31st, 2003, 02:33:44 AM
I really like the way you handle things Kitty......even if I am a bit terrified of you ^_^;

Kitty McQuade
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:22:25 AM
I wasn't going to respond to this, but silence is acceptance given the situation.

Hey Sliff, unless you have a Real Criticism to post, please stay out of here. You're antics aren't appreciated, and you only came in to act up. I know who you are, so do me a favor and go back to the Shrine. I don't have to tolerate you here, so don't frell with me. The next step if you persist in being a troll is to report you to the staff. If you have a criticism, voice it. Otherwise, leave me alone.

And Korbin, please read the tag next time, thank you.

Alpha
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:59:13 AM
Kitty, I agree w/ the others. :) You're doin great. NEVER have I been bored in an RP with you. :D

Wen Vesal
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:33:04 AM
I've been reading most of your stuff this summer actually and not once, like so many others have said, have I been bored. Your style is snappy, vivid and gripping - Sorsha has definately been sticking her oar in quite a bit and I've been loving every minute of it. :rollin

Edit: First post with this character is an OOC one. :grumble

Charley
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:54:21 AM
The tag says [NSP].

In other words, keep it on topic or don't post.

Enya Ramelian
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:56:30 AM
Ok well I know this may not go over well do to all the well wishers, and the ones who think you’re great. You did want constructive criticism right?

First I must say this is not anything against you as a person but truthfully I think your rp's lack substance. I have seen you come into some very good threads and one line them as if your posts were truly rp stories. When in truth they were nothing more than lacking. I have seen you use smiles in serious rp's which leads me to think that you do not take the thread serious or just cannot post.

But then again this is just my observation :)

Toodles

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 31st, 2003, 11:08:46 AM
im of the opinion that the need to make long posts doesnt make an rp'er good. its quality, not quantity, necessarily. i personally take alot of enjoyment out of your threads and anything else you join.

keep it up bebe. you got me hooked ^_^

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 31st, 2003, 11:49:22 AM
I've always been more of a role-player, not much of a fan fic writer, so I do often feel as though my writing is weak. I've always considered it my weakest area.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:05:41 PM
You are a roleplayer, not a writer. That's been said before. You dont need streams of paragraphs to get your point across. That's what makes you good :)

Denali Gue
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:13:22 PM
Short, sweet and most definitely to the point :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 31st, 2003, 04:00:58 PM
Constructive critism here ... Enya showed very well how a difference of opinion can be said without being rude. I do not want to see ANYTHING else that is putting someone down ... this thread is now warned.

Sene Unty
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:35:05 PM
I'm of the believe that a shorter post does not make a post bad in any way at all. I think you are probably one of the most exciting RPers on these forums and I always look forward to reading everything you write. I actually prefer your quick one-liners; they always seem to speed up the action without leaving anyone going, "HUH?? What the heck just happened." To me that is what RPing is all about....clarity and concisness(sp?)

Please keep up the fantastic work Kitty...I would expect nothing less from you :D

Uziel
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:27:21 PM
One liner's are for the birds. Detail and flavor and a little depth to any given post will always make for a good and enjoyable read. That's my cup of tea. :)

Simple Simon post's suck fur balls. That’s how I see it.

;)

Charley
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:11:36 PM
I much prefer somebody who can get the gist across effectively in a paragraph than somebody who needs ten do to the same. More often than not, it isn't that the ten paragraph writer is adding more content and substance...it's just that they ramble.

I fancy myself as a pretty decent writer, and I rarely exceed three paragraphs in my posts, ever.

Zeke
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:24:37 PM
I dun like how short your posts are, but Sorsha's succeeding well at making havoc and beating people up.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:41:11 PM
I think that the length of her posts aren't in question :mneh I think more on the character itself. Not everyone can write long posts.. even me. I always go between short and longer depending on the situation. I hate sometimes having to be in threads where there are long posts.. REALLY long posts ... makes you feel like you have to compete. :) Just my general feeling at times.

Dae Jinn
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:01:48 PM
*nods in agreement*

Sometimes you can't post a novel in reply, and I *hate* reading incredibly long posts. I usually can't write more than one paragraph, depending on the thread.

I like Sorsha's posts, even if they are short. Short posts that don't give you anything to work with = teh suck. As well as long drawn-out melodrama posts :x :lol

DarthHERA
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:09:36 PM
Originally posted by Uziel
One liner's are for the birds.

I disagree on this - sometimes all the story calls for is a quip or a one liner or even one word can cinch the thought wanting to be conveyed.

Lengthy posts, for "lengthy posts" sakes are a bore. Long posts however that create a mood or establish a setting or whatever are enjoyable. It pretty much comes down to personal style.

I just to try to convey the action or the idea as I see it in my mind. Sometimes that takes longer posts than others. Long or short - each have its place and I think most people would agree on that.

Sorsha has always been able to say alot without alot of words. Thats her style. And I, for one have always enjoyed it.

Mortaniuss
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:22:24 PM
Originally posted by Uziel
One liner's are for the birds. If you don't have anything else to say, I'd much rather you say what you need to say, as opposed to writing a whole paragraph about nothing + that one line.

Uziel
Jul 31st, 2003, 11:50:09 PM
If you don't have anything else to say, I'd much rather you say what you need to say, as opposed to writing a whole paragraph about nothing + that one line.

OOoooh Mort, you've out done your self this time... Perhaps that's an RP style you yourself are use too...huh? Don't get all jealous on me now and player hate the talent. lol :)

As I said before, I myself like a little salt and pepper with my stake and potato’s...Solution to your problem may lay in the simple fact of just reading between the line if all else fails. + Who knows, it might help... :rolleyes

Perhaps, perhap's not?

:hat

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 1st, 2003, 12:18:40 AM
Uziel: Your post is potentially inflammatory. Do not bait others please.

imported_Marcus
Aug 1st, 2003, 12:20:16 AM
It does not matter how much you write in a post. You know, it's up to the poster what they do and what they feel comfortable with.

That being said, if you cant describe what you do and the surrounds, if needed, adequatly so that the reader can get a clear and concise mental picture of who you are, what you are doing and where you are doing it, it wont matter how little or how long you make your post, it will still be crap and pointless.

Designing short replies as Kitty does, or craft huge multipage epics as I am want to do, take their own kinds of skill. If you post short, you need to communicate fast what it is you want. If you long, you have to keep the reader interested so they keep reading.

Dyan Kharis
Aug 1st, 2003, 12:21:07 AM
Sorsha is a great RPer and personally enjoy the brevity of words in which she utilizes to convey a message or action.

Competitiveness is never my intent, I write long and short posts whatever matters at the time of the writing. No skin off my back. Don't take RPing too seriously and don't take it too lightly is my frame of mind. Both attitudes can be rather counter productive or destructive in regards to interaction with others.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 1st, 2003, 12:21:13 AM
Sliff and your variant (Uziel) are guilty of using more than a single account to do nothing but say the same thing, and be nothing but rude about it. This is a direct violation of FAQ section "V.F." and seeing that you were already warned in this thread for a FAQ violation (not adhering to OOC topic tag rules - FAQ Section IV), you have just lost access to this forum with these accounts as well as your more widely known Lord Soth account.

Attempt to post in this forum again with another account and board wide banning via IP will follow.

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 1st, 2003, 01:14:21 PM
Well. This thread went to hell fast.

Kitty, you know I love your writing. You are, in a word, just scary. :)

Kelt Simoson
Aug 1st, 2003, 01:38:51 PM
Sorsha aint had the pleasure of fully RPing with you yet but im sure soon enough i will :) From what ive read your a terrific writer...cant fault you :)

Zasz Grimm
Aug 1st, 2003, 03:03:52 PM
I'll admit, I'm more prone to post paragraphs. But that's just me. How you RP, is something I couldn't do. I like it, but sometimes I do believe that more than a couple lines would be better, but that is just my opinion. I think you've done great this summer, and for the past 4-5 years I've known you.

Keep up the good work, Kitten.

A+++++

:)

Xazor Elessar
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:45:47 PM
Wow, this thread did fall to pieces quickly. :\

I agree with everyone who says you're great, Kitty. Like Zaszoo pointed out -- I could never do what you do. Posting one line for me is just too hard. I am not satisfied with it and honestly, I just can't say what I want in one line, hence why I write huge novels. :lol

It takes a lot of talent and confidence to post something so short and be truly and completely satisfied with it, knowing it's great -- knowing it's exactly what you wanted it to say and people are going to respond accordingly.

That is art in itself and you've done a marvelous job with it.

Really, though -- RP is however you wanna do it. One liners -- paragraphs -- novels, whatever floats your boat and makes you happy is what matters. You shouldn't be out to please anybody else but yourself, because when you do, you won't be having fun anymore.

*huggles* :)

Mu Satach
Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:44:15 AM
I don't rp too much, but I'm having fun in the thread I'm in with you Kitty. Your posts are clear and too the point so it's easy for me to quickly imagine what you're doing so I can then taylor my characters actions.

I don't like to take too much time in figureing out what I'm doing and when I have to keep referring to the thread to try and remember what the other characters are doing it annoys me. With Sorsha it's like, I read it, I know it... I can react to it quickly.