PDA

View Full Version : The Phobia...(Dasquian)

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:27:23 AM
Jacali sat in the window sill of her quarters, thinking of the days past events with somewhat shame. She's passed out in the Bar and Grill in front of Jedi Knight Kelt Simoson and her master's own twin brother, Aaron.

What was wrong with her? Was she that backwards that she couldn't even handle a simple conversation? If so, what was she doing here? And the problem was, she couldn't seem to control when it was going to happen.

Jacali had begun to wonder if a Jedi's life was truly what she was meant to have. She had recently com-messaged her Master to have him meet her there, she definitely needed to talk to someone about the questons she had.

With a deep, sorrowful sigh she stared out the window watching the Coruscant traffic light up the evening sky.

Maybe I should just stay in my room during the rest of my training..

That wasn't her answer either...so she waited for her master....

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:32:15 AM
The rap of knuckles against the door signaled Dasquians arrival, and the Knight stepped in with a small yet somewhat worried smiled on his face. He nodded in greeting to Jacali before speaking.

“Good evening. You requested my presence, Jacali? What can I help you with?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:44:44 AM
She didn't even know where to begin, she was so ashamed. The embarrassment had already past and now it was pure undeniable shame. " Hello, Master. Thanks for coming." She paused and then finally continued. "Something happened today in the Bar and Grill...I..." She closed her eyes. "I passed out."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:46:14 AM
“Perhaps we should sit down?”

Once they had done as such, Dasquian continued.

“Has this ever happened to you before?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:52:23 AM
Jacali nodded. "Yes, it used to happen all the time. But, then it quit and now it's starting all over again. I nearly did when I met you in the recruitment center. Again in the council chamber...and now in the B & G." She sighed heavily.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:57:32 AM
“Do all of the times when this happened share anything in common? Anything that you can think of that happened before each time you passed out?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:03:29 AM
Jacali looked down as she thought about it. "I was nervous, Master. I think it's a phobia or something...and if it's that...." She didn't even want to fathom the outcome.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:07:48 AM
“That’s very unusual, that that would happen simply because you were nervous.”

Dasquians brow furrowed and he rubbed a hand against his left temple.

“If that is the case, I think it would be easily dealt with but …”

He scowled slightly, “For some reason that doesn’t feel right.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:15:30 AM
The Padawan shook her head in shame. "I just want to get over this, Master. It's embarrassing and makes me not even want to go out anymore, in fear that it'll happen again. Kelt and your brother probably think I'm a complete idiot." Tears formed in her eyes as she stood and paced around the room a couple of times. "Not only does it embarrass me, it reflects on you...and I don't want anyone giving you grief over this....problem..." At that point, she burst into tears. She was very upset about this.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:16:47 AM
Dasquian was up on his feet. He placed both hands onto Jacali’s sides, turning her to face him as he leveled her with a serious stare.

“Jacali, that is not going to happen. Don’t worry about me, you are the one who needs to be thought about right now.”

He paused a moment, “I think perhaps it would be wise if you went to the medical ward and had some tests done… to see if anything can be traced there.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:54:39 AM
Jacali nodded to her master's suggestion, but it still didn't cover the fact that she still felt like an idiot. "But, what if they don't find anything, Master. I can't go through life as a Jedi who passes out when I get nervous...." Oh, that would be too much. Her life as a Jedi would be over then. "What kind of Jedi is that?" She already knew the answer.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2003, 06:52:09 AM
“A Jedi, no less. We all have our problems, Jacali. There are Padawans who cannot see or hear, and I even have a student who is completely unable to use the Force… but I am confident that something will come of a visit to the hospital wing.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 1st, 2003, 03:25:13 PM
"Very well, Master." She answered as she calmed down and took a deep breath. "I'm ready to go."
She had to find out what was behind this, before it drove her crazy.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:25:43 AM
Dasquian nodded and led the way to the medical ward. As usual there were a few people in gurneys healing, while Padawans engaged in a healing lesson with a Knight trying to help out some of their friends. A doctor approached Dasquian, who smiled slightly at him.

“Good afternoon, Doctor. My apprentice, Jacali,” the doctor smiled and nodded to them both.

“I was wondering if you could do a check-up on her, with blood test included?”

“Certainly, sir.”

“Thank you.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:45:38 AM
Jacali nodded towards her master and walked off with the doctor. Not long after, she returned and sat down beside Dasquian who was still there. "He said everything appears to be 'normal', but it would be a few more minutes on the blood test, Master."

She was becoming nervous again as her thoughts began to race.

Please be 'normal'! Please be 'normal'! But, then again, if her test came back 'normal' that meant something else was wrong.

What if it's a brain tumor??? Ugh! Oh, she wasn't caring for the sound of that either. Her mind was running wild!

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2003, 07:11:55 AM
“Be mindful of your thoughts, Jacali. Worrying will do nothing.”

Dasquian stood appearing quite calm as he looked at his apprentice. It certainly was a puzzle what was wrong with her, but very soon they would know the truth.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 2nd, 2003, 07:29:52 AM
Jacali took a deep breath and tried to calm down, she did however quiet her mind. "Yes, Master."

She leaned over and held her head in her hands, resting her elbows on her knees. The waiting was driving her insane, she felt as if her life was on hold.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 3rd, 2003, 04:27:38 AM
Dasquian sat watching the healing lessons around him as he awaited the doctors’ return. After some time the medic returned, with a read out sheet in his hand which he presented reluctantly to Jacali.

“Well?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:40:14 AM
Jacali stared at the paper and then looked at her master a bit confused. "I'm hypo....hypo...something..."

"Hypo-glycemic, Miss Danner." The medic smiled at them. He looked at Dasquian. "It merely means, that your apprentice has extremelly low blood sugar, Master Jedi. When we talked while I was giving her her checkup, I assumed that was what it was. But, without the proper blood test, you never can be for sure."

Jacali looked at him. "But, how did I get this...thing?"

"It's all due to your pancrease, a normal one will secrete a substance called insulin, that breaks down sugar in your body. Your pancease is creating too much insulin and that makes your body in dire need of sugar. That's what causes your sweaty hands, the sick feeling in your stomach, the light-headedness and now the experience of passing out."

He looked at Dasquain. "With the proper diet and managability of exercise, which I know Jedi excercise constantly. I can have her back up to par in probably a month. Though, the process won't always be easy and I suggest a candy bar on hand at all times, due to extreme measures of stress, nervousness or over-exersion can drop a person's blood sugar very quickly."

He looked back towards Jacali. 'We're going to get a handle on this, Miss Danner and you'll start noticing how much better you'll feel."

"That's good." She smiled as he looked back to her master.

"I want her back here in the morning to begin some classes that will aid her in managing her hypo-glycemia."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:16:05 AM
This wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been. Dasquian smiled encouragingly at Jacali.

“Now you will be able to prevent any further accidents,” he said with a light tone.

“Thank you for your help on this Doctor. If you could give me progress reports on her classes I would be much grateful. Any advice you can provide which I could use to help would also be good, such as any changes that need to be made to schedules and so on.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:10:25 PM
The medic smiled towards the Jedi Master. "The classes should only take about a week at the most. She'll be getting a gluca-meter to test her own blood, I'd suggest her doing it three times a day for a while. Just until we're sure we've got everything under control. Other than that, I suggest she come back here about every three months for a check-up."

He looked at Jacali. "Don't forget to keep candy bars on hand, Jacali. If you feel faint, eat one and rest for a few minutes. It'll take your body about ten minutes to adjust again."

"Yes, Sir." Jacali smiled. She felt a rush of relief come over her.

"Be back here in the morning at eight sharp."

"Yes, Sir," she told him as he nodded to them both and walked away.

Jacali beamed, "I'm going to be okay, Master!"