PDA

View Full Version : Within reach...(Mylia, Simene)

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:14:36 PM
Padawan learner, Quay'Na Rakai walked into one of her favorite gardens, it had many animals and the living Force soothed her.

Mylia and Simene were going to meet her here, shortly.

It was time to introduce them to some of her 'friends'.

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:29:23 PM
Mylia slowly walked into the gardens, she kept her mind clear and open. She felt many animals as she walked to meet her friend. She looked around and saw Quay, she waved and walked over to her.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:37:01 PM
Quay'Na smiled as her friend walked over. "Hello, Mylia...I juat arrived. Sage kept me a little longer than usual today. Are you ready to 'meet' some of my friends?"

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:03:35 PM
Mylia nodded eagerly. She was ready to begin, she had waited so long to understand her unusual fear of animals. And now, hopefully with Quay's help she would be able to control her connections and voices with the animals. "Oh, yes. I would love to meet them."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:16:43 PM
"Okay, now where to begin." Quay'Na smacked her hands together in anticipation. "Let's start with some birds, they are the easiest to hear and control."

She led Mylia further into the garden. "How are you doing on your connection training?" That was very important.

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:22:00 PM
"Good, Dasquian is a very good Master. He says I am progressing well." Mylia looked around, she closed her eyes for a moment. She tried to zone in on the trees, hoping to feel some birds, but no luck. Mylia frowned, opened her eyes and looked back to her friend. "So, where are some birds at?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:32:53 PM
"They are around...watch." Quay'Na closed her eyes and quickly drew on the Force. Within seconds, she held up her hand and two birds flew down from nowhere and landed on her arm.

She opened her eyes, "see? This is who we'll work with."

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:38:47 PM
Mylia nodded, a bit amazed. Her eyes widened as she looked to the birds. "That's incredible." She said in awe. "How did you do that?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:48:39 PM
"Well, first I open myself to everything nature has to offer me. Once you can do that and feel the nature around you, hearing the animals will become easy. And they will become comfortable with you."

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:51:05 PM
Mylia nodded. "I hear them, I feel them. It's intimidating sometimes when I can hear and feel them. I just don't think they're comfortable with me. I've never tried to reply to the voices."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:57:41 PM
"How well do you hear their voices are they like whispers?"

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:02:01 PM
Mylia nodded. "Yes, they are whispers. A lot of whispers, all jumbled up together. Very rarely can I make out one single voice, only when few animals are around. Like when Simene and her pup are around. That's when it's clearer, only a few whispers..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:09:41 PM
"That is a start, Mylia. How long have you been able to hear these whispers?"

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:11:47 PM
Mylia began to think back. "Ever since I can remember. It was very scary to me when I was younger. That's why I generally tend to stay away from animals, it didn't fall into place for me until a couple weeks ago."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:21:02 PM
Quay'Na smiled and nodded. "That's exactly how it happened with me, when I was a child. But, my home was in a woods and I spent many hours out there just listening. And, since these gardens are the closest thing to a woods we'vve got, they will have to do. Let's begin with a meditation first to lure your mind into the quietness of this garden. Shall we?" Quay'Na sat down on the soft ground and crossed her legs, she wanted Mylia to do the same.

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:27:58 PM
Mylia nodded and sat down. She crossed her legs and looked to Quay. "This will be nice." Mylia closed her eyes and began to mediatate.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:52:41 AM
The birds Quay'Na held found their way to her shoulders as she closed her eyes and drew the Force around her as if it were a comforting blanket.

Meditation was one of her favorite things to do. "Draw the Force around you, Mylia." She said softly. "And you will hear them."

Hopefully, she would....Quay'Na thought, she certainly could. The birds were chattering away in her mind.

Lady Mylia
Jul 30th, 2003, 05:16:53 AM
Mylia nodded as Quay spoke and tried to do what she said. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She cleared her mind, pushed every outside thought away, she only thought about nature and animals. After a couple minutes of the meditation, Mylia began to feel the connections with some close by animals grow stronger. She dug deeped into these connections to where she only had a few going. She felt several little woodland type creatures scurrying around, she kept her eyes closed and continued.

----

About 15 to 20 minutes later Mylia opened her eyes, nothing else came of her mediatation, she was dissappointed. But she knew from experience that things just didn't happen like that, it would take some time. She sighed out of frusteration.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 30th, 2003, 05:24:44 AM
Quay'Na opened her eyes and smiled as she heard her friends disappointed sigh. "Hey, don't worry. It'll come...just takes time. It took me a lot of time just to figure out what was going on. And then the hours I sat while with my master on system after system to study and listen. You'll get it." The thought brought a new smile to her lips as she thought of Master Ira.

Quay'Na had been quite the impatient one when she had started, but Ira had always been there to help her along. Now, it was her turn to return the favor to her master's memory.

Lady Mylia
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:09:52 PM
Mylia nodded, she knew it was true, but she didn't feel like waiting. "I know it will come in time, I just want it know, I guess." She laughed slightly. "I'm very impatient."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 04:08:43 AM
Quay'Na laughed with her. "So, was I. I was probably one of the most impatient Padawan's there ever was. Traipsing through one forest or swamp after another with Ira. Her favorite saying was always, 'patience is a virtue, Quay'Na. You must learn to abide by it'. Of course, when I was fourteen that was unthinkable. But, eventually, I learned that lesson and it helped me out a great deal. Just as it will help you." She looked over at the bird that was perched on her left shoulder. "Tah bein, Mylia. Ponno resh."

The bird suddenly lifted itself from her shoulder and landed on Mylia's with a squalk

Lady Mylia
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:21:06 AM
Mylia nodded, listening. She laughed a little. Imagining Quay'Na as a 14 year old impatient padawan. "Hopefully I will learn it soon." Mylia listened as Quay spoke with the bird, she was surprised when if landed on her. She held out her arm and looked at the bird. "Wow, how'd you do that?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:44:03 AM
"It's not hard, but this bird in particular only speaks in Valori, he's a Valorian Pask. His name is Dorma. I've been working with him a lot in the past month or so. How well are you at universal languages?"

Lady Mylia
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:49:53 AM
Mylia looked to the bird, still amazed. "I'm decent, I had to study several when I was younger."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:07:47 PM
"Do you understand Valorian?" She asked as she glanced at Dorma. "Caap passa dein burosho rya."

The bird left Mylia's shoulder and disappeared back into the thick trees above. A moment later, it returned with a piece of strange red fruit, which it dropped on Mylia's lap and then returned to Quay'Na's shoulder.

Lady Mylia
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:43:41 PM
Mylia kind of shakes her head. "I studied it breifly. I know some." Mylia kind of understand what was said, but was still unsure. She got the basic jest of the statement. Mylia held out her hand, expecting something to be brought to her. She caught the fruit and looked to Quay. "What type of fruit is this?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:00:37 PM
"A Binjai fruit, it's very good." She smiled.

Lady Mylia
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:04:52 PM
"Hmmm.." Mylia looked to the fruit and took a bite. It was very tasty, and juicy. Mylia laughed a little as juice slipped down her chin. She wiped it off with her her arm. "That's good."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:39:19 PM
Quay'Na nodded, "Yes, very." She looked at her chrono and then towards the door. "I wonder where Simene is, I thought she'd be here by now."

Lady Mylia
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:58:35 AM
Mylia took another bite and shrugged. "I know she got the message, we were talking about it before I left. She said she had to do some things before she came though."

Simene Dawnstrider
Aug 1st, 2003, 10:57:47 AM
At that second they heard the sound of Dantte barking. They saw him 20 feet away and closeing fast. He had smelled the birds and thought that he would have some fun with them. He ran over to Quay'Na and jumped on her lap, startling the bird. A second later, Simene appeared running around the corner after Dantte. She finaly got there and bent over, putting her hands on her knees, tyring to catch her breath.

"Sorry I am late... Dantte wouldn't come to me when I called him. Um..."

She looks up at the birds that had flown up into a nearby tree.

"Sorry."

Lady Mylia
Aug 1st, 2003, 02:46:16 PM
Mylia looked as she heard some barking. She becam nervous, even though she is trying to get over the pup, she was still having problems dealing with him. She was happy the pup didn't jump on her. She laughed though as he bounded up towards them. "It's okay." Mylia said with a smile, replying to both Simene's statements.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:26:00 PM
Quay'Na smiled as the puppy jumped onto her lap, she didn't mind that he scared away the birds. She studied Dantte for a second and then laughed. "I know, you're all pup."

She glanced at Simene. "Don't worry about the birds, it's no biggie, besides it gave me a chance to listen to your pup. He's very playful and cute." She rubbed behind his ears and watched as he became calm and laid down on her lap.

"There," she smiled and pet him lightly. Quay'Na looked up at Simene, who seemed rather puzzled.

"It's okay, Simene. I just used the Force to calm him. He's very content." She glanced at Mylia, "now, where were we?"

Lady Mylia
Aug 1st, 2003, 10:06:54 PM
Mylia shrugged. "I can't remember." She smiled sheepishly. "We can start somewhere new..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:37:52 AM
"Okay...." she thought for a moment as Simene took a seat on the ground with them. "Let's talk about Dantte, here you have a pup with a big imagination. Most pups of any kind are always on the look out for something to hunt, whenever they can. Dantte is no different. He bound in here ready to get Dorma, his thought's racing a mile a minute. Some of them I couldn't even catch. But, now that I've calmed him, it is your turn to see if you can 'hear' his thoughts, Mylia."

She patted the now passive pup on top of the head. "Tell her your thoughts, Dantte."

Quay'Na smiled. "All you need to do is go back into your meditation and 'feel' what he is thinking. You'll hear, just don't rush yourself."

Lady Mylia
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:03:53 AM
Mylia listened to Quay and nodded. She took another deep breath and closed her eyes. She concentrated on Danntte. The little pup was cute, and she could hardly believe that she was frightened of the aborable creature. She listened with her mind, focusing on Dantte. He was very calm and thinking of--food. She laughed slightly. The poor lil pup wanted to eat. She opened her eyes and looked to the women. "Dantte wants to eat."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:37:25 AM
Quay'Na smiled at Mylia's accomplishment. "Very good, Mylia. And yes, he is hungry." She reached into her pocket and pulled out what seemed to be a jerky treat and gave it to him. She hoped that Simene didn't mind, Dantte sure didn't as he nearly swallowed it whole.

Lady Mylia
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:42:31 AM
Mylia smiled. "That's not so hard, once you get focused. Just like doing it with a person- actually, it's easier, animals don't have mental blocks."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:50:13 AM
Quay'Na agreed, "but, sometimes animals will release all their thoughts at the same time and if you're not used to it, it will blast you with a major headache. Then, once you get used to it, you will sometimes have to go in and sort through all of the thoughts in search of your answer."

Lady Mylia
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:52:09 AM
Mylia nodded. "Yeah, I can understand that can get hard, kind of like listening to many at once, that can give you a headache."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:54:43 AM
"But, the more you practice the easier it will become, just like everything else here." She smiled. "So, whenever you feel the need to practice, I'll help you."

Lady Mylia
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:57:35 AM
"Thanks, I'll probably need to practice a lot." Mylia laughed slightly. "Thanks, I really appriecate this."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 2nd, 2003, 09:42:42 PM
"Perhaps, we could set up a set scheduled time, say three times a week? Sage has me on a pretty set schedule, so I know when I'm available." She looked at Simene. "That goes for you as well, you could join us, I'd really like that ."

Lady Mylia
Aug 3rd, 2003, 07:36:33 AM
Mylia nodded. "That would be nice. I have still have free time with my training schedule as well." Mylia looked to Simene to see her reply, having her roomie join would be fun.

Simene Dawnstrider
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:18:05 AM
(I'm really sorry. You guys post nearly as fast as Xazor used to. And I dont get on much.)

Simene looked at them after stareing off into space. She seemed to have a nearly confused look on her face but she then went back to normal.

"Oh yeah. That would be cool."

Lady Mylia
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:18:41 PM
"Good, it's all set then. When shall we all meet up?" Mylia looked to the other two woman she was with.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 6th, 2003, 04:15:51 PM
Quay'Na suggested with a smile. "How about...Monday, Wednesday and Thursday around 2 pm? Does that work for everyone?"

Simene Dawnstrider
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:27:21 PM
"Sounds great! I'll have to check with my classes though."

Simene looked down at Dantte who seemed to have curled up in the middle of the three and fallen asleep. She smirked at the young pup.

Lady Mylia
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:45:21 PM
Mylia nodded. "That sounds good, but like Simene. I will have to check my training, but it should be okay."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:54:15 PM
"Cool, that sounds good." Quay'Na looked at Simene, she could sense her from the time she entered the room. "Simene, what brought you to the Jedi....any special talent that you know of?"

It was something Quay'Na had become adapted too...Garou.

OOC: My fault, Mylia..

Lady Mylia
Aug 6th, 2003, 06:02:19 PM
Mylia quickly looked to Simene. She wondered if Simene had a special power. It would be neat.

OOC: Sorry!!

Simene Dawnstrider
Aug 6th, 2003, 07:32:40 PM
OOC: Simene does not yet know she is a garou. So edit or what?

Simene Dawnstrider
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:09:21 PM
Simene shrugs.

"Not really. I mean, I can talk to Dantte and he talks back to me and my father taught me a few things before he died but for the most part nothing other than that."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:19:26 PM
Quay'Na smiled. "So, you can hear Dantte, that's good. Perhaps, after a few times of coming her with us, you'll be able to hear even more than just your pup. Would you like to try now?"

Lady Mylia
Aug 9th, 2003, 09:46:00 PM
Mylia smiled at Simene, hoping to erge her on with the smile. She knew it would be good for Simene to start learning as soon as possible.