PDA

View Full Version : Do I know me? (open)

Pierce Tondry
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:02:33 PM
Pierce Tondry was in Yog's today, not as a guard, or as a patron.

Thunk.

"One Corellian Rum'll be five creds," bartender Tondry said. "And the Jedi Order thanks you for your patronage."

The Rodian patron took a swig from his mug and gave a satisfied blurb of thanks. He got up from the barstool and headed to a table, leaving the proper amount of credits behind him for Pierce to scoop up and add to his till. Then he picked up a rag and began polishing a glass.

"Hey, keep, six Nebula Flares!"

"Coming up," Pierce said. He set the glass down and caught sight of his own reflection in it. He paused momentarily with a thoughtful frown on his face, then turned and began mixing the requested drinks.

After serving the order, Pierce went back to polishing again. The thoughtful frown on his face reappeared, intensified, and stayed put. He looked around, the urge to talk suddenly rising.

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:22:44 PM
Mylia entered the B&G and went straight for the bar, it had been a hard day of training and Mylia needed something to relax. Even though drinking wasn't in her nature, but tonight she was in the mood for some heavy drinking. She didn't even bother to see who the bartender was before ordering. "Breath of Heaven, please." She placed a plenty of credits down on the counter as she spoke.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:38:07 PM
"I only need five of those," Pierce said, reaching below the counter for a glass and several bottles. "That spider venom must've gotten you harder than the medics thought. Maybe you ought to go back for a checkup."

With a gentle smile, Pierce mixed the drink together and set it in front of Mylia. "How are you feeling?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:55:51 PM
Quay'Na was tired, but her body was stirring from the two stim pills she had taken half an hour ago. She had a 'meeting' later and didn't want to sleep before she went.

Though, it was still a few hours off. She checked her pants pocket to see just how many pills were left. At least ten.

Good, enough for tonight and tomorrow morning... This had become an almost ritual for her lately. But, she was fine and would sleep when she found the time.

Right now, she needed something else...a drink. Casually, walking in she glanced around and saw Mylia at the bar along with Pierce, who was bartending.

Quay'Na walked up to them and smiled. "Hey, guys."

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:59:12 PM
Mylia was surprised to see Pierce as the bartender. She smiled in return. She began taking sips as he talked to her. "I probably should go back. I feel fine usually, but after gym training and some mind training, I am way wiped out. I'm not usually like that, it's kind of stressing me out." She frowned, but before forgetting her manners she replied to Pierce. "And how about you?" As she asked Pierce, Quay walked up. She smiled and nodded to her. "Hello, Quay'Na."

Pierce Tondry
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:52:26 AM
"Evening, Quay," Pierce greeted the Padawan as she came up. 'She's looking a bit tired,' he noted to himself as he went back to polishing glasses.

"I'm doing fine thanks, Mylia. Just doing a bit of reflection," he added, looking at his own reflection in one of them with a smile.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:09:17 AM
Quay'Na took a seat on a stool beside Mylia. She smiled at Pierce. "Give me...." She thought for a moment. "...a Corellian Twister, please."

Lady Mylia
Jul 30th, 2003, 05:07:22 AM
Mylia smiled to Pierce. He was a nice guy, even though they didn't meet unter the best of circumstances, she was happy they met. "That nice, it's very interesting the different ways people find to relax, reflect, and meditate." She winked to him.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:01:09 PM
"You mean this?" Pierce asked as he reached beneath the counter again. "One of the bartender droids went on the fritz- blown motivator, I think it was. People couldn't get their drinks and things started getting touchy. I happened to be on watch duty at the time, so I stepped in. When I got off my watch shift, I just kept on 'tending."

Pierce smiled ruefully as he mixed Quay'Na's Corellian Twister. "I should've been due for some meditation and practice, but instead I'm here serving customers while they fix the droid. At least I've had some time to think about my little problem."

Pierce settled the drink onto a napkin in front of Quay'Na. "Five credits," he smiled.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:05:31 PM
Quay'Na smiled as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a handful of credits and dumped them on the bar...along with a few small white pills.

She glanced at them and quickly gathered them up and put them back into her pocket, hoping no one noticed.

"Here, Pierce..." she said as she slid the credits over to him.

Lady Mylia
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:08:29 PM
Mylia nodded as Pierce spoke. "It was lucky you were here and willing." Mylia then raised an eyebrow as Pierce mentioned his "little problem." Mylia wasn't really sure what he was referring to, but she didn't want to ask either. She watched as Quay'Na pulled out some credits and then put something back into her pocket, she didn't notice what it was, she just figured she pulled out a couple too many credits and were putting them back away.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:11:32 PM
After taking a sip, Quay'Na eyed Pierce. "Sooo, what's this about a little problem? Anything we can help you on?"

Lady Mylia
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:14:52 PM
Mylia looked to Quay'Na quite impressed. Even with her outgoing personality, she didn't take the risk to ask what was up. Of course, she wasn't very good friends with him either. Mylia continued to sip her drink and listen to Pierce and Quay talk, she placed her free arm on the table, resting her chin on her hand.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:21:31 PM
Pierce shrugged. "Can't hurt to talk about it."

He set the glass down behind the bar and leaned across it on his arms. "Most Padawans have one or two talents they base their growth around. It shapes who they are, defines what they can do, what they're known for. Like you and animals, Quay. It's your thing."

"My problem is basically that I've been feeling like I don't have any identity here at the Order. I've seen Padawans who fall into their roles more naturally than me. Granted I came to the Order with talents that aren't strictly Jedi, but even so it's like what I'm supposed to be just doesn't exist."

Lady Mylia
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:26:20 PM
Mylia's eyes widened. She wasn't even expecting a responce. Mylia frowned, feeling sympathy for Pierce. Mylia herself just found what her "powers" were, and was happy she had a friend to help her along the road--Quay'Na. Mylia began to speak, but stopped herself. She would wait to see how Quay would reply first.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:31:54 PM
Quay'Na frowned as well and leaned back slightly. "Hmmm, that does sound quite perplexing, not to know where you exist in the realm of things. You are talented in many things, I've seen you." It was easy for her to talk to him about things now, he had helped her so much when they had first met.

"As my former master always told me, search your feeling and you'll find your answers. It may not come right away, but it'll come." That was the best advice she could give him.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 5th, 2003, 04:13:46 AM
From one of the booths, there was a small snore. I was face down, forehead on my arms, dozing. I was extremely tired, feeling somewhat misreble and burnt out.

Least I wasn't ill. That was something of a pleasant change

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:04:51 AM
Mylia heard the snore and turned her head to investigate it. She noticed a woman lying her head down on a table. She smiled. "Wow, training must really wiped her out." She said motioning towards the woman, hoping to break what Mylia felt was an akward silence.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 5th, 2003, 04:06:14 PM
"Training had nothing to do with it, darlin'," Pierce chuckled. "She has other reasons for being so tired."

He turned back to Quay'Na, although his eyes lingered on Helenias. "That's easier said than done in my case. I mean, what does an Intelligence agent crossed with a Jedi leave you with? A better Intelligence agent is the first answer that comes to mind, but then I've had a couple of powers pop up that don't really have anything to do with that. And I've been thinking about this for nigh on a pair of weeks."

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 04:27:17 PM
Mylia raised an eyebrow, wanting to question why, but decided not to. She continued listening to Pierce and Quay speak. She wasn't sure what to say, but decided she better say something. "What other things have popped up?"

Pierce Tondry
Aug 5th, 2003, 04:41:41 PM
"Empathy, telepathy- I even had some future visions once. I mean how is that supposed to help with sneaking and shooting?"

Abruptly Pierce grimaced. "Hey, keep what I do to yourselves, alright? I'm not supposed to talk about it to anyone who doesn't need to know."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:47:07 PM
Quay'Na smiled at Pierce. "Hey, now. Have I ever let you down? Our talks are always between us." She took another drink. "Besides, Pierce, you are a Jedi first, last and always. Just strive to be who you are. Why does having certain powers mean you must limit yourself?"

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 08:09:10 PM
Mylia nodded. "You can trust me. I won't say a thing."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 5th, 2003, 08:41:30 PM
Padawan Jacali Danner walks in looking happier than ever. She spots her roommate and new friends up at the bar and quickly walks over. "Hey, guys!" She smiles brightly.

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:39:59 PM
Mylia waves to Jacali. Her expression instantly changes to a smile. "Hey Jacali. It's good to see you."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:13:58 AM
"You won't believe what I just found out." She smiled brightly as she took a seat at the bar. "No more passing out after today's little episode."

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 6th, 2003, 04:57:14 AM
"Hmm?" I moaned, coming awake and looking up blearly eyed. "Izat someone talking to me?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:11:58 AM
Jacali heard the voice and turned towards it, seeing a woman obviously just waking up....someone she obviously just woke up. "Oh, I am so sorry, Ma'am." she said as she put a hand to her mouth, sometimes she could get carried away with her voice and not really know it.

"I didn't mean to wake you." She apologized.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:14:53 AM
Blink

Three ... Padawans I guessed were looking at me. I think. My mind was too foggy to really know.

What it did know was that the bartender looked familiar. "Hey, do I know you?" I asked, squinting. My eyes were not really focusing well.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:56:25 PM
"You better," Pierce said. "A Master who doesn't know their own Padawan is a sorry Master indeed."

Pierce set a glass of water on a server droid's tray and pointed it towards Helenias.

"Limits ain't the problem, darlin'," Pierce said, turning to Quay'Na. "It's being more than you thought you were. You end up not knowing where you fit in, and that's my problem."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:54:40 AM
Quay'Na looked at him squarely. "Pierce, does anyone 'really' know point blank where they fit into the realm of things? Perhaps, some do....but many don't, many are about as lost as you. It will come, my friend all you need is the patience to wait it out and I know you have that."

She took another sip of her drink. "What is to become of your life, will become. I don't believe that every good aspect in one's life will always have a meaning. 'What's the purpose of this, what's the purpose of that.' In time, you'll find out the reason you have certain powers. And when you do, is when you'll need them the most."

Lady Mylia
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:54:55 PM
Mylia had to agree with Quay, even though she knew how Pierce was feeling. At one point in time everyone goes through something like this. She finally decided she could open her mouth. "Even though you make an execellent point Quay, everyone has to find that out on their own, it's hardly a lesson one can learn by simply hearing, one must express it for themselves." She felt kind of bad opposing Quay'Na.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 10th, 2003, 06:48:06 PM
"Everyone makes their own destiny," Pierce insisted stubbornly. "A child just starting lessons with the Force picks things. One power over another. This skill comes more naturally than that. This mindset makes more sense than that."

Pierce furrowed his brow, thinking about his next words as he said them. "Well, there's no mindset for me in any of the Order's teachings. I've searched hours on end and asked a lot of people, but I only get back to where I am. I've chased this ghost for a couple weeks now, but can't catch a glimpse."

"You'd think that with my talent for finding things that don't want to be found, something like this would be easy."

Lady Mylia
Aug 10th, 2003, 08:50:27 PM
Mylia sat quietly, obviously this conversation wasn't going to end soon. She agreed with Pierce mostly, even though Quay did have some good points. "One would think...." She mumbled answering his last statement.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:50:42 AM
"Hmph, some Master I am" I mumbled, taking the water the droid placed on my table. "Misreble excuse for a Jedi I am too"

I eyed off the water for a moment, before tossing the whole lot back in one gulp. Didn't help clear my head any. But I was sort of listening to the conversation a bit.

"The child is guided, even if they know not, by The Force.That's what a Jedi learns to do - learn the will of the Force. Even you Pierce - your footsteps are guided. Maybe if your not finding something out, your not asking the right questions"

"But don't ask me" I muttered quietly. "I suck as a Jedi. I wish I'd never come here"

Lady Mylia
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:49:26 AM
Mylia raised an eyebrow towards the woman sitting down. It wasn't like a Jedi to be so cynical, but everyone has their off days. She was a very smart lady, you could tell by her responce to Pierce. She sighed slightly, wishing there was something more she could do to help both of the people she was talking to.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:11:57 AM
Jacali obviously walked into quite a conversation and quietly took a seat, pulling some credits out and laying them on the bar.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:34:16 AM
"Helenias Evenstar whining," Pierce chuckled, neatly avoiding speaking about being guided. "I never thought I'd see the day."

The sight of credits on the bar caught Pierce's eye and he looked at Jacali. "You want a drink there, darlin, or were you just leaving me those because you liked my smiling face?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:03:41 AM
OOC: wrong char, this is supposed to be Jacali...sorry

IC:
Jacali's smile widened. "I don't know the names of any drinks that aren't non-alcoholic, so give me some alcohol with plenty of sugar and tastes good. Your choice."

Lady Mylia
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:16:07 PM
Mylia smiled to her friend as she ordered her drink. This was turning out to be very interesting.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 16th, 2003, 07:08:51 AM
"Ha ha" I replied acidicly, "It's not whining, as any woman knows, because we dont fart, burp, scratch our balls, watch shockball, fight or argue. So instead we bitch, else we would explode. And, as the last time I looked I was a woman, I reserve the right to bitch at anything that displeases me. And right now it is about the fact this water has nothing added to it. If I was drunk, then at least I would have an excuse to feel this ill"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 16th, 2003, 12:49:24 PM
Quay'Na stifled a giggle to the Jedi Master's bold reply. The beginning of it was the funniest thing she'd ever heard. And besides being so tired herself, she couldn't help it.

Lady Mylia
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:22:48 PM
Mylia bit her lip, unlike Quay, she held back her laughter. She still didn't feel comfortable enough to be quite open with these people. Ouch....