PDA

View Full Version : Dickie Roberts: Former Childhood Star

CMJ
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:49:32 AM
I saw an early screening of the new David Spade film(coming out in August or Spetember I believe) last night. Living in LA can be cool like that sometimes. ;)

It was moderately amusing, but I can't say I recommend it. Nonetheless, it's kinda spiffy seeing a film that early - and the fact that it was a packed house kinda made the affair worth it as well.

I also got a pass to another free film tonight, and I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna go.

Denali Gue
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:58:02 AM
I dont care for David Spade. Im not sure what it is but I didnt like him when he was on SNL. This is one movie I wont be seeing.

Jackson DeWitt
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:28:12 AM
David Spade is hilarious.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:43:11 AM
:love

David Spade is soooooo funny! But I haven't seen any of his movies except Tommy Boy and The Emperor's New Groove. :p

I dunno about his work on SNL, but in Just Shoot Me he is/was hilarious. :D

CMJ
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:08:56 PM
I'm not a big Spade fan, but it was a free movie people. ;)

sirdizzy
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:25:16 PM
i liked david spade when he was playing the straight man to chris farleys funny man character in tommy boy and black sheep

but i absolutly hate spade as the funny man, joe dirt was one of the most horrible peices of trash ever made

CMJ
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:18:20 PM
Eh, he's occasionally funny, but I just don't like him much. Most of the really funny stuff in the movie was not him.

There were some laughs in the film, but like I said...it's not one I can recommend.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:28:58 PM
His new show, The Mullets, looks so awful there's no way I'm supporting him in any way until it goes off the air. Which won't be for a while because it's not on the air yet. With any luck, it will never make it to the air.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:24:10 AM
He is funnier as the straight man. Which is why Just Shoot Me is so funny. It may be off the air now, I never watch TV anymore I dunno.

Darth Viscera
Jul 30th, 2003, 05:57:54 AM
He used to be funny alongside Chris Farley, now he's just agitating. It's like watching needles scrape against a pane of glass.

Charley
Jul 30th, 2003, 10:09:50 AM
Joe Dirt was hilarious! C'mon people :)

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:14:18 PM
David Spade??? Blecccch!

Remkah
Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:57:00 AM
David Spades voice just cracks me up. Its great. Its like Seinfelds voice, I just hear it, and im on my way to laughing.

Emperors New Groove was THE BEST.

Mu Satach
Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:12:23 AM
I love the Emperor's New Groove. It took much prompting by a few friends for me to actually sit down & watch it... then I had to go out and buy it.

Through the course of Just Shoot Me reruns I've become quite fond of the guy's work.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:25:22 PM
Emperor's New Groove is the BEST. :crack

I laugh my head off every time I watch it. :D