PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Encounters of the Fun Kind.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:41:57 AM
Well, at OfficeMax, we don't get many important people of great importance in during the normal day, but every now and hen one walks in.

Today was Sir Mix-A-Lot, the rapper who did "I Like Big Butts".

Now, I can't say we were surprised to see him, in fact he comes in quite often, but, today I finally got to talk to him. I must say, he's a cool guy. We never treat him out of the ordinary, or even let on that we know who he is. It's great. He gets to feel like a normal person, and we get to hang out with one of the funniest rappers ever. Good deal on both ends.

Next time I'm going to try and show him the digitial cameras, though. He bought a digital voice recorder today.

Well, hijack away, folks, I just thought I'd let you all know I met somebody famous today.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:15:06 AM
I met the drummer from Blink 182 at a Kinko's once. ^_^;

But that's awesome, Sejah. :) Sir Mix-a-lot is much cooler than Travis from Blink 182. :( ;)

Sejah Haversh
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:34:48 AM
My co-worker (and buddy) Tony would kill you for saying that. He's a hardcore Blink fan.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:37:50 AM
How cool :)

Next time I'm going to try and show him the digitial cameras, though.

"Oops, I just took a picture of us together... :angel"

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:51:44 AM
:lol

Well, Blink is ok. :)

Charley
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:08:02 AM
Me and some buddies were at our local Hooters one night, and found out that our waitress was dating Billy Kidman (at the time, a WCW wrestler). Furthermore, he was flying into B'ham that night. He came to the restaurant, and hung out with us :D

Crystal
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:59:36 AM
I've met chewie, a few people from some of the Star Trek series, Babylon 5(though I've never watched the show), and various other sci-fi shows at conventions..

But no one too famous.

Jedi Knight Sui-Gro
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:47:53 AM
I met Andy Dick at Six Flags in Denver last Saturday. He had his crew there and we said,

"Hey Andy!"
"Hey guys," he replied
"Do your Old School Impression Andy!" we say
he does it, "Come on ladies these vegitables wont ejaculate themselves, don't be a bitter!"

I was laughing so hard. We got his autograph and his picture on the picture phone we had. He was a cool guy.

Dae Jinn
Jul 29th, 2003, 10:49:58 AM
I've met a lot of Canadian bands people probably haven't heard of ^_^; (Sloan, Zuckerbaby, AoE, Rusty, Sandbox, etc)

I almost met the girl from Pulp, and I got to go back stage at an Orgy concert before. But no-one really famous yet. :(

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:48:53 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I met the drummer from Blink 182 at a Kinko's once. ^_^;

But that's awesome, Sejah. :) Sir Mix-a-lot is much cooler than Travis from Blink 182. :( ;)

my sister's husband sees them a lot where he works down in the Home Depot down by where they live...He says Tom is cool....my manager at work says she's partied with them before too....

Telan Desaria
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:24:11 PM
I shook hands with Ricardo Montalban once, legendary Star Strek villain Khan Noonien Soong

Nevlonniel
Jul 29th, 2003, 04:41:29 PM
I've met George Lucas (I shook his hand and actually spoke to him) and Steven Speilberg. :D

Oh yeah, and the dude that played Uncle Owen, the Jawa that shot R2 in ANH, Billy Dee Williams, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, John Williams, Patrick Stewart, Jeff Goldblum, and a few others from varying movies and TV shows that escape my memory at the moment.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:26:13 PM
I've only met a bunch of important political or royal people. :\

Nev... damn.

Park Kraken
Jul 29th, 2003, 06:30:39 PM
I met and talked with the guy who played Jango Fett in Episode 2 at Star Wars Weekends in MGM Studios. Very nice, funny guy. I wonder what he would be like when he's drunk.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:06:07 PM
I know myself, and I'll be famous one day, does that count? ;)

ReaperFett
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:50:27 PM
If that counts, me meeting you counts :D

Ace McCloud
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:12:37 PM
I've met Muhammad Ali, My dad has met the backstreet boys ( he was at a restraunt and their table was next to his), I'm getting to meet Mirah Carey (sp?) and Dave Mathews band. My dad is playing golf with Arnold Palmer in a few days. And uh, I think I've met some more people and My dad has met more people through giving wheelchairs and such but Im blanking o_O

=P Cant wait to meet DMB though heh

Xazor Elessar
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:26:00 PM
My family is friends with the members of Motley Crue. Nikki Sixx (not his real name, of course) is my mom's best friend. :) When they were touring they kept their busses next to our house so they could hook up to water and all that. Now that only Vince is touring, he does that with his bus. It's awesome. :)

I've also met Pearl, Meatloaf's daughter. She was a dancer for the last Motley Crue tour. :) I've also met Anthrax and Megadeath as well as Guns n' Roses and Skidrow.

I've met the Backstreet Boys (and had third row seats to a concert a loooooooooong time ago). I am in a local newspaper because I was one of the chicks chosen to walk around on stage with one of 'em. It was Howie! :D He's a sweetie -- not my fave at the time (A.J. was, but oh well, I got to meet him too). :) And I've met N'SYNC as well -- not for very long, but I have (in the Orlando Intl' Airport!) :D

I know a few other small bands -- Miller's Tale from Atlanta, Georgia and a few others from around me, but those are about it. :)

Oh and one more, I met that Seinfeld guy. :lol

Most of my band experiences have been because of MC though -- if not for us knowing them, I'd have met no one. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:29:04 AM
Wow that's impressive. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:28:05 PM
I've met Derick Redmond, Neil Webb and I've seen Dave Benson Phillips from afar. Woooo :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:28:43 PM
I still only have my walking past and gaping at Orlando Bloom in Regents Park, London.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:31:51 PM
Fett I thought you got Bruce Campbell's autograph? o_O

ReaperFett
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:36:43 PM
Yeah, and he spoke to/about me. But I wasn't there, Mu got it :D

imported_Eve
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:43:56 PM
I told you guys about Justin Timberlake laughing and winking at me.

When I was in Vegas we dined at the Cheesecake Factory in Cesar's Palace, a table away from Mike Tyson. He has a really big head. It's seriously a foot wide.

Also, met John Elway when I was younger.

Saw the guy who played the incredible Hulk (from the TV show) at the Stanley Motel (yes, the same one from The Shining). He is a big guy too. Big.

Bill Cosby was behind me at Disney World once, but I wasn't paying attention. They told me later.

And then Tony Hawk was skiing past me at Breckenridge, I guess. Wasn't paying attention then either.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:33:13 PM
I met Gary Coleman during one of my martial arts lessons. He was just sitting there. He's tiny.

Angelica Shin
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:45:46 PM
Me and Dae's mom lived in the same apartment building as a girl who dated Arnold Schwartzinagger before he was famous.

Or so she tells us...... *shifty eyes*

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 31st, 2003, 02:59:45 AM
Guns n' Roses

Xaz you HO. Did you meet Axl?! DID YOU?

Dyrdre Lo
Aug 1st, 2003, 03:31:56 PM
I saw Bill Kurtis while I was riding in a limo in downtown Chicago. He looked really dressed up. My mom and I waved, although, considering it was a limosine, that doesn't work. ;)

I once got to talk to the guys who wrote the Motley Fool books. They were pretty cool. I would've shaken hands with them, but I had a cold at the time.

And then I got to talk to Stan Wagon once. No one knows who that is, but he's the mathematician who made the square-wheeled bicycle that could ride smoothly on a cardioid (sp?) track. Yes, I know I'm a math geek.

We actually have a lot of semi-famous people give lectures at my high school, like Paul Simon (the politician) and Jack Horner.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:09:08 PM
...would that be the same Jack Horner who sat in the corner?!

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:15:07 PM
I met Warrick Davis and Anthony Daniels (who put his arm around me and talked to me for a few minutes) At the Indianapolis Episode 2 convention...

Kaytor Surna
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:24:53 PM
My best friends sister got hit on and might be dateing Jeff Gordon I think. (Dont know much about Nascar.) Met the guy that plays the Increadible Hulk. Thats about it in the famous department.