PDA

View Full Version : Rest of my Life -- part 1(Jeran/Lost)

Dae Jinn
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:28:18 PM
<font size=1>this thread follows <a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29932>this one.</a></font>

Her eyes opened slowly, a slight groan escaping her lips as she stretched out on the couch where she had been resting for a few hours. The last thing she could remember clearly was boarding a ship with the other Lost Jedi, and leaving the planet known as Meras. She looked around the darkened room -- the hidden room above Dexters Diner, but no-one was there. Her legs were still weak from the vampiric effects of the Tree; she rubbed her thighs, trying to get some of the numbness out, wondering where Jeran was. The last she had seen of him, he was fighting some strange man in face paint.

Dae slipped her legs off the edge of the couch, and sighed. Where was everyone?

Jeran Conrad
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:26:06 PM
"You're awake," a soft voice spoke from the corner of the room. In a large, broken down easy chair, Jeran slouched, a ragged old blanket covering his frame. He wore an old grey, rough wool tunic and dark slacks. It was one of his favorite old shirts from Gias, and he looked ridiculous wearing it with modern attire like the slacks. He'd always been goofy like that. He smiled, a couple of bruises on his face from the battle that had occured.

Standing, he made his way over to meet her. The room was rather dim as the shades were drawn and the lights low. He wanted her to get her rest, and she had, her eyes caked with sleep. Making his way towards her slowly, his face was as gentle as it had ever been, scanning her own.

"Are you ok?" He squatted before her, cupping her cheek with his hand. He caressed it softly, careful not to put pressure on any of her bruises. She had been tortured and beaten. For a second, fire shown in his eyes. But calm returned. "Where does it hurt?"

Dae Jinn
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:51:39 PM
She swallowed, pushing back any tears that might want to fall as he carressed her cheek. Softly she kissed his palm, taking his other hand in her two and squeezing it tightly. Aside from her legs being slightly numb, she wasn't hurt that badly. Nothing she hadn't had happen before, and wouldn't have happen again in the future. Her eyes trailed down, staring hard at the floor.

"I'm not okay. You could've been killed, Scruffy..and everyone..I put you all in too much danger." Her voice was quiet, and sad. He was the most important person in her life, and he could've been killed trying to save her. When she should have been able to handle the situation herself. She felt helpless on Meras, weak. She wanted to bury her face into his chest and just sob, but her concern for him was clear in her eyes as she returned his gaze. "You shouldn't have come there; I need to be stronger in the future...so I dont put you, and the others in danger."

Jeran Conrad
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:03:06 PM
Sruffy?

"It wasn't your fault. You didn't know what to expect--you can't be held responsible for being attacked. I don't blame you, and I am willing to bet that no one else does either." He kissed her cheek softly, bringing his mouth close to her ear.

"I was so scared," he whispered quietly. They both knew it was something to hear him say that. To admitt to his own shortcoming. . .it wasn't something he did often. But he felt the need to be more honest with her now. "But now you're safe, and I'm glad to see it." His tone was again normal as he kissed her cheek once more before leaning in close. He rested is head against her chest, taking a deep breath--taking in her smell--and closing his eyes. He could sleep here, crouching, resting on her. He was at peace.

"Are you hungry?" His voice was muffled as he rested his head on her.

Dae Jinn
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:33:16 PM
She smiled, her arms wrapping loosely around his neck, stroking his hair. He had been scared, and that worried her, but she wouldn't show it. She had made up her own mind -- to seek out a place to train, learn and become stronger. For him, but also for herself.

"Are you hungry?" His voice was muffled as he spoke into her chest. She laughed softly, lifting his head up to kiss his cheeks, his lips. Her fingers slipped onto the nape of his neck as she kissed him, before pulling back and resting her head on his strong shoulder. "I'm okay."

imported_Marcus
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:25:57 PM
There should be no way he should be able to see this well in the dark. Some had commented about it before, but it was only until you were in the same room as the tall weatherbeaten alien, that you realised the full extent of it. Turn the lights off and as other stumbles, he was sure. Not a footstep wrong. Not a problem. And even right now, with the lights off in his room, he could see his reflection perfectly.

"What a mess you are, Marcus my boy. You look like crap"

But no worse than some other fights he had come out of. And the Warlord had come out of some right beauties. It was amazing really, that he was still alive after all these years. He fingered a cut on his jaw, before washing his face once again, the cold clear water stinging the wound. Gasping a bit, he reached out unerringly and grasped the towel he had placed near the sink, so he could dry his face.

Ten minutes later, he was dressed in his usual clothing - old and daggy, but seeming to fit and suit him better than anything else - before opening the doro to his room and blinking in the light outside in the corridor. Well, maybe he could see exceptionally well int he dark, but the trade off was that bright light hurt, which was why he had a hood he always wore. It helped shade his eyes, as well as keep his face unseen, which had it's uses, admittedly.

"Hello? Anyone else awake?" He called out

Jeran Conrad
Aug 9th, 2003, 06:28:24 PM
He ran a rougg hand through her hair softly as only he could do, his fingertips gently tickling the back of her head and neck as he massaged her skin ever so slightly. He examined her while she rested against his shoulder and chest. She was bruised on a few places and she had some bandages as well. She'd been taken care of, there was no doubt, but he wasn't happy to see her in such a beat-up, healing state.

"I, need a vacation," he said with a chuckle as he relaxed in her presence. He thought of the fight with Wargrave. He thought of Sorsha and all that came with her at The Tree. It had been too much lately. Something deep, deep inside of him told him it wasn't over. "How about you? Do you think we should go back to the cabin on Gais?" His hand made its way to her back as he scratched it lightly with his fingers.

"Hello? Anyone else awake?"

"Someone else stirs," he said with a smile.

Dae Jinn
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:20:30 PM
Dae peered up at him, her hair hanging slightly in her eyes and smiled. "Home...sounds very nice."
Another kiss and she was pulling him closer, making room for him on the couch. "Right now..I just want to be close to you. Okay?"

Her head turned towards the source of the sound, before burying her face back into the rough material of his shirt. "I just want to stay right here...if that'd okay."

Jeran Conrad
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:42:57 PM
"Absolutely ok," he said, kissing the top of her head as she burried it into his chest. He stroked the back of her hair gently as she could feel his chest heave up and down with each breath. She held him tightly, and he kept her in an embrace just the same. He was glad to be near her, again. He'd missed her so.

His hand slipped down to her back where he scratched it gently as she lay against him. He could feel her breathing slow as she relaxed. Even though his body was not tense at all, his mind was weighted with many heavy thoughts. He found his eyes wandering into the dimly lit room as he thought.

The door sounded as the footsteps of someone coming towards them reached the room.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 11th, 2003, 10:13:30 PM
"Hi".

The hood poked through the openiing of the room moved while the vestages of a smile could be seem on what wasn't shadowed by the fabric.

"Are you two feeling any better? You want be to get Dex to bring food up here?"

Dae Jinn
Aug 12th, 2003, 10:22:33 PM
"We're okay, Scruffy. How's everyone else?"

She squinted up at the man in the doorway, a look of genuine concern on her face.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:37:14 PM
"Okay. Xazor's got silver burns which for a Garou is nasty. Everyone else seems to be sleeping it off. How about you?"

Jeran Conrad
Aug 31st, 2003, 07:28:54 PM
"I'm fine," Jeran replied, responding to Marcus' question. He was fine, and that was about it. The battle didn't go the way he wanted it--he hadn't dealt with Andraq in a very appropriate way, but the purpose was served. They saved Dae. They saved the woman he loved. He stood, releasing Dae for a moment and coming before Marcus.

"Back there. . ." He paused, swallowing hard. "That was my fault. It was a trap built for me and it was just powerful enough to be sprung upon all of us." He felt foolish that he had fallen for it. Dae's rescue was the only factor that near justified it. "I could've gotten everyone killed. It was foolish, and I see that now in retrospect."

Dae Jinn
Sep 1st, 2003, 11:19:13 PM
Dae settled back on the couch, arms folded loosely across her chest as she watched Jeran go to Elessar. She listened to Jeran speak, shaking her head.

"It's not your fault, Jeran..." she said quietly.

Jeran Conrad
Sep 5th, 2003, 07:46:34 PM
Though his pigheaded self thought otherwise, he trusted her words. She had that effect on him--she knew just how to calm his nerves when they seemed the most out of whack.

"I'm just glad you're ok," he said, returning to sit beside her. He took her hand in his own and held it against his leg. Then, the stumbling came. He wasn't too eloquent with words. They just never came to him right--especially when they had to do with the way he was feeling. In battle or in his duties at The Lost, words were easy to find, they came naturally. But when he tried to express what was inside, it often caused him to stumble.

"I'm glad you're both here, because I need to say something," he said, nervousness obviously resounding in his voice. He smiled at Dae and then looked back at Marcus. It was good he was here--a man whom he drew much strength from. "I guess I don't really know how to say this, and I know that we haven't really discussed it," he was looking at Dae directly now. Her dark hair and eyes were all he could concentrate on, all he could try to see as he spoke the words.

"Dae, this whole thing--all that happened. . .it really scared me. It made me think about our life together. It made me think about us and. . ." he stuttered some more, turning to face her squarely. He held both of her hands now. He took a deep, deep breath and, like he had practiced, he slowly dropped down to one knee.

"I don't know what the future holds for me, Dae. I don't know what my life will be like. I sometimes forget who I am. But I know, with every breath I take, that I can't face any of it without you." He paused, his eyes meeting hers, his sincerity evident and honest. "Daetana Jinn, will you marry me?"

Dae Jinn
Sep 5th, 2003, 11:24:20 PM
"Wha..what?"

Her mouth dropped open slightly, and she felt her hands pulling back from his. Dae blinked, smiling as a few happy tears found the corners of her eyes. "Jeran.."

Now it was her turn to stutter. This had completely caught her off guard, after all that had happened, a marriage proposal was the last thing on her mind. She wrapped her arms around his neck, drawing him tightly to her. Her lips brushed against his ear as she whispered her answer.

"Yes."

Jeran Conrad
Sep 5th, 2003, 11:47:35 PM
Jeran smiled for a second, then laughed out loud, then smiled again, grabbing Dae in his arms and standing, lifting her off the ground with all of his strength. He spun her in the room, not caring that Marcus was standing right there, watching his unusal display of affection. He grabbed under her knees, pulling her up fully into his arms. Stopping, he stared down into her arms, kissing her deeply.

"I am complete, Dae," he said, a sense of happiness and passion in his voice. "I love you." He kissed her again, holding her tightly in his strong, gentle arms.

Dae Jinn
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:18:54 PM
Dae laughed as Jeran lifted her into his arms, spinning her around the room and kissing her deeply. She kissed back, sighing inwardly before pulling away with a grin.

"I love you too, Jeran."