PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Tours - Stage 1 (Open)

DarthHERA
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:17:44 PM
".......And so I told this Dug...You AINT ever gettin that leg back again!"

Hera slapped her hand down, laughing out loud as she recalled the scenario she had just reiterated. The bar man laughed, and inwardly was glad he wasnt that poor Dug. It wouldnt be quite so funny then.

Wiping her eye with the corner of her hand, she thanked the barman for her drink, and walked toward her usual table to the right of the room.

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:31:41 PM
"Whoa.."

Jyanis sidesteps through the door past an exiting patron. Already partially inebriated, he walks up to the bar and orders a rum.

Taking a quick drink, he notices a familiar face and walks to the right side of the room.

DarthHERA
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:36:01 PM
Hera looked up just as she was sitting in her chair, and her surprise at who had just walked in the door caused her to drop into it with a thud.

Her eyes lit with mischief as a blast from the past ordered himself a rum and then came over her way.

Nonchalantly, she kicked out a chair for him to sit in, and grinned at him.

In a tone as if they had just spoken the day before, instead of perhaps 2 years or more prior, Hera greeted Scorpion in the old familiar term.

"Well hello, General"

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:42:19 PM
Jyanis casually sits down across from her, planting his drink on the edge of the table.

"Hera. A while, hasn't it?"

DarthHERA
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:50:29 PM
She eyed him over the rim of her glass.

"It has been a while. Last time I saw you, I sold you some volatile ore...."

She sipped it before continuing...

"Then "poof"......."

Her eyes held a shrewdness to them, despite their smiling as she waited his reply.

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:54:28 PM
He grinned and took a drink, "Poof, indeed. It worked out nicely."

Setting his glass down, he then leaned back in his chair.

"Are you still in the business?"

DarthHERA
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:07:15 PM
"Whaddyou think?"

The answer was obvious without being incriminating.

Hera had heard Jyanis had made his bed among the Jedi these days, and as yet, she was uncertain as to his purpose for coming here.

His change of loyalties had always bothered her. Not that it had any direct effect on her in the practical sense - but she had counted him as a close friend, and, like DarthEve's own personal searchings...(Hera used that term for want of a better way to describe what it was that drew Eve away from ShadowFaene for such a long time)....Hera could not really understand it.

But Scorpion, like Eve, had always held her deep respect and affection, and it was that fact that helped Hera keep an open mind.

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:22:37 PM
"I think your drink is a tad strong."

Smirking, he finished his own and rested his elbow on the table, tapping the glass with his index finger.

Jyanis tried to mask the awkwardness of his position. Many viewed his cohorting with the "other side" as fence-sitting and he knew he was close to it, but to him real comrades came with time and did not leave with change.

DarthHERA
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:30:53 PM
"Youre just not used to good rum, Jyanis."

Her eyes flicked to the tapping fingers and back up again to look directly at Jyanis.

He still had his unusual eyes, and seeing him here, now, brought back many memories of the glory days they had both lived through. The rise of the Sith Empire, the assaults on the Jedi, the expansion of the powers of the Darkside. It felt good, if a tad nostalgic.

With a lift of her hand, a server came and replenished their drinks.

In her typically direct manner, Hera dispensed with the small talk, wanting to know if the General's arrival should be treated with caution. If he was a threat.

"Why are you here Scorpion?"

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:42:24 PM
"So, kill anyone I know lately?"

Jyanis hoped his effort to break the tension would prevail, even though she seemed to be noticing his strange eye color all over again since their last encounter.

DarthHERA
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:46:43 PM
Originally posted by Jyanis Scorpion
"So, kill anyone I know lately?"

"Not yet" she smiled roguishly.

"Dont avoid the question Jyanis. You know I have little patience at the best of times."

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:51:04 PM
He smiled back in turn, "I was still holding out that this would be one of those times at least."

His eyes broke away for a moment and he took another drink, "I'm just here for the same reason everyone else is..."

DarthHERA
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:55:52 PM
"Ah, so you're in need of my sparkling wit and winning personality too."

He would play this game all night if she'd let him. Scorp always liked to keep things close to the chest.

"Well then, lets just have a drink and salute old times. What do you say?"

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:01:09 PM
Jyanis laughed, "Yes, I hear those two things are in short supply."

He raised his glass in the air and downed his drink.

"It's been a long time since I've saluted anything really."

DarthHERA
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:03:36 PM
She clinked his glass and downed her rum likewise.

"Oh, you've been running with the wrong crowd then. Round here, we always can find something to drink a salute to. Fortune, Fame, Fresh air."