PDA

View Full Version : Pinch Me--I MUST Be Dreaming!

Jinn Fizz
Jul 26th, 2003, 08:42:42 PM
So the pegs at all my local figure haunts have either been empty or had the same old pegwarmers hanging on them for weeks. Nay, months, in some cases. I'd been planning on picking up all the figures I'd missed out on at Comic Con last weekend, but hardly anyone had any of the new figures, and those who did were selling them from $13 up to $25. We harassed the Hasbro folks on more than one occasion, telling them that distribution was sucking right now. All we got back from them was vague company-speak. I figured I would end up having to order everything online at some point, if I could manage to find anything anywhere.

Then I went to Target and WalMart this morning.

HOLY SMOKES!!!! I was able to buy ELEVEN new figures, and left behind a few more, like the recarded Leia, Han, Jango Fett, and Darth Maul.

What all did I get?

* Luke Skywalker, Throne Room Duel
* Coleman Trebor
* Han Solo, Hoth Rescue
* Wat Tambor
* Padme Amidala, Secret Ceremony
* Lama Su with Clone Youth
* Aayla Secura
* Yoda with Chian
* Chewbacca, Mynock Hunt
* Darth Vader, Throne Room Duel
* Ashla and Jempa, Jedi Padawans

These aren't all the figures I was missing, but it's definitely a good strong start. Hopefully it wasn't a one-time thing, and this means my local stores will start stocking more of the newer figures! :angel

Jedieb
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:26:31 AM
Congrats Jinn Fizz! Hopefully, we'll all see new figs sometime soon.

Jedieb
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:58:25 AM
Move along, nothing to see here.........

Jinn Fizz
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:17:10 PM
Wow, more new stuff today....

Boba Fett, Pit of Carkoon
Snowtrooper
R2D2, Droid Factory Flight

I'm also seeing the Clone Wars stuff start to show up...the gunships, the AAT's, the multipacks of battle droids and clone troopers. Not that I'm planning on getting any of the Clone War stuff right now, except maybe for the Jedi multipack.

Jedieb
Aug 10th, 2003, 12:24:03 PM
Target is the only place I've seen new figures. The Clone Trooper multipacks are going to come in 4 different variations I think. Blue, Green, Yellow, and I think there's an all white set with some different poses. There's $40 out of my pocket.O_o