PDA

View Full Version : Inky-blue Night (open)

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 01:26:48 PM
Night had fallen light a smothering blanket over Yogs Bar and Grill. It was a good clear night, with a sky full of stars and a great pie of a moon. Inside was as dead as could be, with only a few patrons milling about. It was far too late for the bar to be busy, really – most people were tucked up in bed. One figure was just standing about, a good few feet from the bar door half obscured by the sparse few trees that lined the pathway out of the area.

Vega was lurking about outside once again, taking it upon himself to watch some of the newer arrivals to the Order as they headed back off to their rooms. It had become somewhat of a recurring event in the past few days. The Lupine didn’t fancy stepping out onto the battlegrounds for a little while, but there was no harm in doing a little recon.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 01:46:31 PM
Padawan Quay'Na Rakai walked across the street towards the Bar & Grill, she was doing some late night studying and needed some coffee to go with it.
Dressed in full Jedi attire, her book bag slung over her back and her cloak swaying with every step, she was nearly there.

Master Sage wanted to give her a test in the morning on some more animal anatomy, it was becoming a constant thing, nowadays.

With a deep breath of cool air, she glanced at her chrono...it had stopped.

"Oh frell," she grumbled as she tapped on the front of it and walked steathily towards the door.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 01:50:04 PM
A tap fell on Quay’s shoulder. The Lupine Dark Lord had moved soundlessly out of the trees, merging in with the night itself so as to not be seen. A growl that would be familiar to the Padawan said:

“Excuse me; you haven’t got the time have you?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 01:54:33 PM
The Padawan jumped slightly at his touch, but relaxed as she heard his voice.

Vega Van DerVeld.

"Ummm, no unfortunately not." She smiled as she raised an eyebrow. "Do you always lurk around doorways, Mr. Van DerVeld?" She didn't know him well enough to call him by his first name, or so she thought.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:01:02 PM
“Only on weekends.”

Vega smirked and let his hand fall down to his side.

“Quay, right?”

He asked, full well knowing the answer but maintaining a nonchalant appearance.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:05:01 PM
"Quay'Na, but Quay is fine, Mr. Van DerVeld. I was just going into get some coffee, care to join me?" She asked with a smile, as she kept her animal sensing at bay.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:08:55 PM
“Sure, but only if you promise to stop calling me Mr Van Derveld.”

Allowing Quay to enter the bar first, Vega found himself being immediately searched over by the guards – who recognized him. He shook his head, pulling his gloves off as he was given the clear by the bouncers.

“How’s life keeping you, Quay? Enjoy your time at the Jedi Order?” Vega inquired, attempting to make a little small talk.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:14:13 PM
"Yes, very much so. My master keeps me busy, if not in a training session, I've got a study session."

She found a booth and slid in. "And his tests aren't easy by any means." She added courtly.

"What about you? Is life treating you well?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:17:36 PM
Dropping into the booth opposite Quay, Vega leapt back and spread his arms over the chair back. It was much warmer inside, and the heat was bringing a little color back into his usually pale cheeks.

“Life isn’t too bad,” the Lupine replied, momentarily lifting one hand to rub his eyes.

He continued, moving the topic away from himself, “Who’s your Master here?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:22:01 PM
Quay'Na answered politely. "Sage Hazzard, have you heard of him? He's a great master."

The service droid rolled up and Quay'Na ordered her coffee. It turned towards Vega to receive his order.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:28:34 PM
“The name rings a bell.”

As Vega placed an order – having to hold back from saying JD – of a glass of namana juice he remembered when he’d met Sage Hazzard before. Once the Jedi had almost broken his leg by riddling it with a rail gun. A little frown passed over his expression for a second at the thought of this.

“Am I right in guessing that you have an … affinity with animals?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:34:29 PM
The Padawan nodded. "Yes, I do. My animal sensing abilities are regarded as my strongest realm of the Force. My first Master knew that and now so does Sage. We work quite often with it." She studied him closely as she spoke. Watching every movement and feeling every ripple of the Force tha tcome from him...but these ripples felt...different.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:37:59 PM
The Lupine sat forward and leant partially over the table. Bringing both elbows down against the table and resting his chin atop his fingertips in a steeple, Vega smiled slightly.

“What do you sense from me, then? Anything out of the ordinary?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:44:49 PM
Quay'Na sat back slightly. She liked his smile. "Well, I know you are part Garou? I sensed that the day I fell into your lap. But, your Force waves...." She trailed off for a moment. "Well, they just seem....different. I've never encountered something so...strong." That was the truth. He was strong in the Force, but in a strange way and she couldn't put her finger on why.
The feeling she got off him was intoxicating.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:52:14 PM
It wouldn’t have taken a genius to tell Vega wasn’t a Jedi, that was certain. Jedi didn’t carry scars, and Jedi didn’t have to skulk about their own grounds. The problem was for those weaker in the Force than him, especially who had not had much training, it was hard to tell just what he was. The Force blanketed him and gave him a strong aura, but it could have been attributed to his species.

“I am a Lupine,” he corrected, neglecting to add his dislike of the term Garou or those who carried the moniker.

“And you are a human, who spent a lot of time on Corellia some time ago, drinks a lot of jawa juice and the occasional Daiquiri and…”

Trying not to grin at the mention of the word Daiquiri, he paused and inhaled slightly, “Has a pet ferret?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:57:01 PM
The Padawan was astounded as she leaned back slightly and laughed. "I'm that readable, huh? You're correct on all the above." A moment later, their drinks arrived and Quay'Na sighed heavily as she took a drink of the stimulant that she longed for.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:00:34 PM
“I can’t read you,” he lied, “I can just smell it on you.”

Vega couldn’t help but laugh slightly, and looked down into his cup of sweet juice with a growing grin.

“But I can’t learn everything about you from your scent… tell me a bit more about yourself.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:08:28 PM
"Well, if it were up to my parents I wouldn't be here. I'd be some fighter pilot in the Navy on Corellia. They are both instructors, but my uncle found out that I held some strange 'talant' with animals, where my real interests lie. He said that I had 'Jedi traits' and contacted the Temple...from there I ended up here, five years ago."

She felt strange talking about it, but still it was nice to tell someone, who was actually 'interested' in her life.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:11:11 PM
“Yes, it would be a shame to waste your kind of talent,” Vega replied with a confident nod as he sat back away from the table.

“Plus, in all honesty… being a pilot isn’t all that a rewarding job compared to being a Jedi. I tried it for a while and well… back then the Republic didn’t get out in its ships much. You spent most of your time dosing about the base.”

Admittedly he’d not been a part of the Republic Navy, but the Sith Empire fight squadron had given him experience as a TIE fighter pilot.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:16:50 PM
"Well, I did become a pilot through my parents teachings when I was seven." She rolled her eyes. "I'd rather done other things besides that, but now I am glad I know how to pilots ships." Quay'Na added with a smirk, "just crashing with them, I'm not so good at."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:19:56 PM
“Well you won’t need those skills now anyway, so no worries either way.”

Vega smiled thinly. Raising his glass, he took a small sip and pondered to himself.

“I imagine you’ve made quite a few friends here already?”

This was important, most definitely. If Quay was friends with anyone he had had any bad run-ins with, there was the plan of messing with her right down the drain.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:23:32 PM
She nodded, "oh, yeah lots. Just call me the social butterfly. When I came back here first I didn't know anyone. But, then I met Cam, Jake...Pierce. They helped me out alot after I arrived."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:26:38 PM
Only Pierce rang a bell, and he was sure that Tondry didn’t know of Vega’s connections with Lilaena and the Black Hand. He couldn’t help but smile.

“Mylia, too,” Vega canted his head and nodded.

“I’m not sure your Master would approve of you adding me into your list of friends,” he added, holding back a laugh by taking another draught of his juice.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:34:27 PM
Well, that was a strange comment... Quay'Na thought, but she shrugged it off. "I don't always tell my master everything." She wasn't about to lose contact with a man that she felt oddly 'close' too.

In all true reality, she had felt that way towards Pierce, but he just wasn't interested. And she had moved on.

But, now Vega, he was interested in her. It was obvious and she felt a ping of interest in him as well. Even if he was a Lupine, it didn't matter.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:34:26 AM
Vega smirked and quickly pushed the expression into a smile.

“Say, have you ever been to the Brass Bucket restaurant in Coruscant city?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:39:18 AM
Was he asking her out? Now, this was definitely interesting.

"Uh....no." She answered kindly. "Never been." As far as that went, she had not wondered much further than only a few blocks away from the Jedi Temple. But, she wasn't telling him that.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:51:56 AM
“Really?”

Vega nodded and gave a look that said ‘you’re missing out’.

“How ‘bout I take you for a meal there this weekend, if you aren’t too busy with training?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:58:03 AM
He was asking her out! But, she remained calm and collected.

"Sure," she replied as non-chalantly as possible. "Training usually settles down a bit on the weekends."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:15:33 AM
“Great,”

Vega took a sip of the almost unbearably sweet juice, finishing off the last dregs before pushing the cup aside. He glanced down at his chrono and raised an eyebrow.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:27:44 AM
Quay'Na took another drink of her coffee, she didn't even feel now like she even needed. Her body was tingling with excitement. This was sure a change from traipsing around in jungles and forests, with her late master Ira.

One she was sure she could get used too.

Quay'Na saw him look at his chrono after he pushed his cup aside. It was obvious that he was getting ready to leave. "I guess, I've taken up enough of your time, Vega?" She asked with a smile.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:22:02 AM
He scratched the back of his neck idly, nodding slightly.

“I’ve got to be somewhere, that’s all.”

Glancing back up, he smiled reassuringly.

“How about I drop by the Orders steps at seven to meet you?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:32:30 AM
Quay'Na smiled and nodded. "That sounds fine...ummm before you go what kind of restaurant is this? Is there a dress code?"

She glanced about her Padawan attire, very comfortable in it, but if she needed to have something a bit different she could get it.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:53:54 AM
“Just wear whatever you’re comfortable in.”

Another comforting smile and Vega rose to his feet.

“Nice talking to you again, Quay. I’ll see you at the weekend.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:03:06 AM
"Yeah, Vega, you too. I'll see ya." She watched him as he left and a smile came to her lips. Quay'Na was going on her first 'real' date. Of course, she'd had countless conversations with a number of different men and meals with them, but this was different and she couldn't wait until the weekend.