PDA

View Full Version : The Rat who would be King (open)

Hayes Muirso
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:08:01 AM
It wasn’t as mentally stimulating as teaching, but being a bartender wasn’t all that bad. Hayes had picked up the job a little while ago on a temporary status when the usual guy hadn’t turn up for a week (he had a case of nebula measles or something else that spread like wildfire). It was mostly to pass the time between training and to take his mind off of things, but it got his face known and had actually helped him make a few friends.

He was just polishing up a glass with a rag – perfecting the age old art had taken a while – when a sad looking character slipped down onto a barstool in front of him. Whoever they were they were looking a little blue, and Hayes shook his head. It wasn’t the first time he’d said what he was about to say, and he didn’t doubt it would be the last.

“Rough day? Want to talk about it?”

River Kincaid
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:46:23 AM
River Kincaid looked up at the man behind the bar. He hadn't even really noticed him until then, too many things on his mind.

"You could say that it's been a rough day," River answered with a strong Falycin accent. "I could really use some Falycin Ale, if you have any." He reached into the pocket of his black leather vest and pulled out a cigarette. Lighting it, he awaited his drink.

Hayes Muirso
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:49:47 AM
Hayes turned around and immediately his eyes darted over the shelving that lined the back wall behind the bar. It was stocked with the most commonly used bottles, a lot of which were labeled in a language Hayes was only beginning to learn.

He didn’t think he spotted what the man had ordered, however, but that didn’t mean the replicators would have it. Placing the order into the machine it whipped up the ale in no time, in a large mug, frothy at the top. Hayes give an impressed little ‘hm’ before handing it over the bar to the customer.

“You look worn out, mate.”

River Kincaid
Jul 26th, 2003, 11:01:07 AM
Worn out wasnt' the half of it...he was down right exhausted. Mentally, as well as physically. River accepted the ale and slid some credits to the man.

"Yes," River admitted. "I'm very worn out, it's been a long few days. Too long perhaps." He took a long drink, letting the ale smooth down his throat. Perhaps, he needed something a bit stronger, but that would come later.

The Padawan sat the mug down and took a drag on his cigarette.

Hayes Muirso
Jul 26th, 2003, 11:35:47 AM
“Have you just arrived here?”

Hayes didn’t recognize the face and the Force signature, the latter of which he was just getting used to sensing in people.

River Kincaid
Jul 26th, 2003, 01:11:36 PM
"Yes, a few days ago. Name's River Kincaid." He held out a hand to the man after putting down his cigarette.

Hayes Muirso
Jul 27th, 2003, 04:56:07 AM
Hayes put down the glass he’d been shining for the past half an hour and returned the handshake firmly.

“Hayes Muirso,” he smiled and then added rather proudly, “Jedi Padawan. Good to meet you River.”

River Kincaid
Jul 27th, 2003, 06:30:18 AM
River nodded, "likewise, Hayes." Once he let go, he went back to his cigarette.

"Jedi Padawan, huh? I suppose then I should add that I am as well, now." he lifted his mug and took a large drink.

Hayes Muirso
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:20:56 AM
“Oh yeah? What made you want to become a Jedi? Everyone here always seems to have an interesting reason for it.”

River Kincaid
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:59:11 AM
River took a drag from his cigarette and blew it out with a sigh. "To protect my family, I guess." He merely said as he staightened slightly.

Hayes Muirso
Jul 27th, 2003, 12:52:30 PM
“Family?”

Hayes thought about this for a moment. River didn’t look old enough to have kids of his own, but then you could never tell these days.

River Kincaid
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:06:47 PM
The Falycin hunter nodded. "Yes, I have a son and a daughter."

Hayes Muirso
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:01:52 AM
“Congratulations,” Hayes smiled a little.

“The Jedi Order is a good place to raise them. You know they’ll always be safe here.”

River Kincaid
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:51:39 AM
"Yeah," River nodded mindlessly as he flicked some ash into a nearby ashtray. He momentarily thought about his daughter, Hunter.

"Let's hope that safety is only one thing that can be provided to my family."