PDA

View Full Version : Tourette's Syndrome, Jewish girls, shenanigans, and Obiwan Kenobi (Lab WTF!)

Charley
Jul 25th, 2003, 02:34:41 PM
So yeah, I got the funniest dose of hilarity ever today.

I'm sitting there minding my own business, posting, and generally being my usual late-morning self. Suddenly, I start hearing a muttered stream of profanity. Just random, sustained profanity. Everybody starts looking around, until we find the source. A short, blonde-haired guy with a nice scowl on his face. So he continues to curse, and shakes the keyboard for emphasis. At this point, he gets the gist that he's got half the lab going WTF, and he stands up to apologize.

Oh no, it gets better.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm sorry if I've disturbed you. I just have to say...NEVER marry a Jewish girl."

He turns red, and suddenly realizes that he could be in a potential "OMG RACIST" bit, so he corrects himself.

"I'm Jewish, but NEVER marry a Jewish girl! RRRR they'll rip you off, blah blah blah (insert cry-me-a-river tune about girl taking money)"

So he keeps mumbling, and one of the words I hear above others is "Obiwan Kenobi".

WTF?

So, I'm sitting there, trying to keep a straight face, and he walks out of the lab, muttering all the way.

I love random comedy.

Crystal
Jul 25th, 2003, 02:40:22 PM
:lol WTF

The only connection I can make from jewish to obiwan is

Jewish(sound like)> Drewish>Princess Vespa>SpaceBalls>Star Wars>Obi wan

ReaperFett
Jul 25th, 2003, 03:07:01 PM
If he has Tourettes, there doesn't have to be a link.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 25th, 2003, 03:08:46 PM
Is your post count for real o_O (sorry I know that's not on topic but ... o_O)

AmazonBabe
Jul 25th, 2003, 03:22:34 PM
Funny story! :lol

And I also just now noticed Fett's post count... O_o!

Crystal
Jul 25th, 2003, 03:27:33 PM
Avg of 97 posts a day.. jesus.

That's more than me. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 25th, 2003, 04:05:42 PM
It's an error, stay on topic ;)

Senator Kensington
Jul 25th, 2003, 05:12:18 PM
There's nothing worse than a Jewish Princess, lemme tell you :D

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 25th, 2003, 07:51:13 PM
:lol oh the lab ppl, I can't say I've noticed any that bad around here but we do have a bit of an odd one, every so often you'll hear a "NOOOO!!" from somewhere in there, not a quiet oh crap no mind you but a loud one....I dunno what that guy is doing but he's yelling "NOOOO!" at his computer pretty much daily.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 26th, 2003, 12:30:12 PM
That's nothing, my BF works in credit card collections (you know, the people who call you up and get to be professional jerks on the phone so you pay them) and he's got some of the strangest phone stories, including one guy who threatened to "curse him" for calling him at work, and another co-worker who randomly throws his headset at people and growls.

:D

Crystal
Jul 26th, 2003, 08:37:59 PM
I wanna meet the guy who growls ;)