PDA

View Full Version : To mend old wounds....(Watcher members)

Satarel Castillon
Jul 24th, 2003, 02:05:23 AM
Satarel made his way up the ebony steps that lead into the great hall of the Watch Tower. His boots made an echo of clacks as he strode over the black tile floors, the marble pillars reaching far up sixty feet high to the ceiling as he passed through. He nodded to acolytes that kept the records in order as they passed by in their royal blue robes, smirking as he was glad to be out of that garb and able to wear the more casual clothes he often doned. He entered the turbo lift that would take him far up into the upper levels of the pinnacle.
As the doors opened up , he strode out and made his way to the huge doors at the end of the hall. He pushed them open and walked past the sacred Pool of Remembrance. He stopped and dipped his hand into the pool and ran his wet fingertips across his forehead in gesture to the old ways. He walked further into the hall and approached the older man who's back was facing him. Clad in a royal blue tunic with black sash, Uziel was still strong and stood proud. Satarel came close and bowed to the head of the Watch.

"You have summoned me elder?" He said as he bowed. "How may I serve the Watch, Uziel?"

Satarel straightened and stood hands clasped in front of him. He waited patiently for the older gentleman to answer.

Uziel
Jul 24th, 2003, 04:41:54 AM
The reflection of K'har Sian barren landscape glinted in Uziel eye's as he stood silently at an upper tier window of the Nehekara highest point. His dark royal blue tunic gently rustled about him as he pondered over the up and coming event's that Count Fulkrehm had commanded of him to carry out. The destined time had finally arrived and he would soon call the Watcher's together.

A steady rhythm of foot fall resounded in the massive circular hall behind Uziel, however its clatter did nothing to sway the Elder Watcher's attention away from his deep thoughts. Once Satarel was at the side of Uziel, the silvered haired Watcher remaind stoic in his demenor as if taken by something unseen beyond the sandy horizon.

"You have summoned me elder?...How may I serve the Watch, Uziel?" The young Watcher inquired with a tone of sincerity in his words, slightly bowing to Uziel in a respectful gesture.

Seemingly long painful moments of silence rested between the two men before the Elder spoke. Uziel's hands fidgeted behind him as he finally turned his attention to Satarel, his most promising pupil of their stewardship.

"The time has arrived my friend...We are to make contact on the marrow." The Elder's words were smooth and even as he glanced to the younger Watcher. Odd word's that seemed to be more cryptic then informative, nevertheless...To Satarel, it was what he had been waiting to hear.

"Come Satarel, walk with me and we will talk." The Elder turned from the arched window, motioning to Satarel with a hand extended to the great hall that spanned before them.

Satarel Castillon
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:21:10 AM
Satarel nodded in acknowledgement, he walked alongside his mentor, his own black tunic was shimmering with the combination of wind and light. The satiny material light on his skin. They walked near the Pool of Rememberance and he turned to Uziel, searching his features for any hint of what he wanted to know.

"Elder, are we sure it is time to pull the wool from their eyes? Dare we try to mend the wounds of old? I remember the words of the Count when last you spoke of this, and he was not in favor of it."

Satarel clasped his hands behind him as they stopped next to the pool. He looked at the silvery water and then tilted his head.

"Where must I go for this contact?"

Wylde Krymsin
Jul 24th, 2003, 07:34:22 AM
Wylde did not hear the footsteps nor the voices that approached her sanctuary by the water. Her hand played back and forth in the pool of water as her mind wondered over love lost. She let out a sigh, her teeth clenching down on the piercing in the middle of her lip. Her tattooed arms showed the story of her pain, though no one knew who the cause of her agony was.

Normally one to keep to herself, word of her loved one's commitment to another sent her further into despair, further into the shadows. Wylde spent more and more time at the pools to reflect when she was not throwing herself into her work.

Finally snapping out of her dreamworld, she realized her friend Satarel was there with Uziel. The way the two of them stood, Wylde knew something was up.

Moving from her place at the pools, she walked towards them, the heels of her boots echoing on the cold stone floor. They turned to look at her and she bowed her head in respect towards Uziel and stood next to Satarel, placing her hand softly on his arm, suddenly knowing what this was about. She let out a breath she did not know she was holding, her body shaking from years of awaited anticipation.

"Is it time, Uziel?" She asked, her voice coming out in a breathy whisper of excitement.

Uziel
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:29:24 PM
The conversation between Uziel and Satarel was light at best and bore no significant information of importance to the young Watcher while the two men casually walked the circular expanse of the highly polish obsidian corridor. Uziel would wait for the appropriate time and place to reveal the final details of the highly secretive mission that had been in the works for nearly seven year's now.

"Elder, are we sure it is time to pull the wool from their eyes? Dare we try to mend the wounds of old? I remember the words of the Count when last you spoke of this, and he was not in favor of it." Satarel words were true and straight to the point, however. Uziel offered nothing more then heavy sigh as if confirming his suspicions. The two continued on until the Pool of Remembrance came into their view.

The observant eyes of the Elder Watcher had caught the young woman that sat undisturbed by the silvery pool, noting the anguish and pain that was reflected upon her face long before she acknowledged them. The terrible truth that Wylde looked for, hoped to know was just under the surface of the telling water's, nevertheless, they would not grant her the "Seeing truth" this day. Her mind would have to remain sharp and focused if she was to survive the dangerous task that they had all prepared and train for to this point. And even though Uziel heightened emotions and heart felt sympathy for the young woman were reaching out to her in that moment as she arose from the side of the silver pool, he cleared his mind from the empathy that tore at him. He would keep them in check for now for her sake.

"Where must I go for this contact?" Satarel questioned softly as Wylde approached the two men, her inquiry being on the heels of his own.

"Is it time, Uziel?" Wylde broke in softly, her tone was an excited whisper as her hand found Satarel's powerful forearm.

Uziel held up his hand as to halt their eagerness to know, glancing around the massive inner court yard suspiciously. His piercing gaze trailed back to the young Watcher’s as if almost scolding them both without words.

"We must be cautious my friend's. I will answer all your question's once you gather all your necessary belonging's and meet me in my privet chamber's there after...You both know what you must do." Uziel's feature's seemed to relax as he folded his hand's behind him, a slight smile was offered to Wylde and Satarel before he turned on heel and made his way to his study high within the Nehekara Keep.

Wylde Krymsin
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:56:00 PM
Wylde watched the Elder leave, her heart pounding in her ears. Even though it was not said, she and Satarel knew what was to come.

Wylde turned to look at her friend and smiled.

"Ready, My Friend?" She asked softly, her heart ache momentarily forgotten. She squeezed Satarel's arm and then turned to leave the pools, her home away from home basically and made her way to her quarters.

Inside, Wylde began to pack the necessaties that she would need when her hand brushed a book hidden in her top drawer.
A breath escaped her and she pulled it out, her fingers brushing the soft leather of the cover. Slowly opening it, she felt her eyes moist with tears as she remembered the day it was given to her on her twenty first birthday, just two years ago.

Shaking her head, Wylde put the book away, shoving it deeper into the drawer and slammed it shut, wiping away the tears from her eyes as she finished packing. Grabbing her things, Wylde left her quarters quickly, then stopped suddenly to look back at the set of drawers for a moment.

"Why, Ice...why her and not me?" She whispered to herself, knowing she would not be getting the answer she was looking for.

Satarel Castillon
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:24:42 PM
Satarel didnt need much to pack, he got a few changes of clothing and stuffed them in a small pack. He slung the pack across his shoulder and made his way to the private chambers of Uziel. On his way, Wylde joined him, they both walked together.

"I know your pain from the bloodpack member still haunts you Wylde, but you are a Watcher....you're stronger than that. Concentrate on the task at hand for I feel I will need you on this mission my friend."

He stopped and turned to her, placing his hand on her cheek.

"I know it's hard, we live a hard life with strict rules. But I know you......you will see it through." He smiled and nodded to her. "Now....let's see what Uziel has for us shall we?"

He placed his arm around her and walked with her to the doors to the elder's chamber.

Uziel
Jul 25th, 2003, 12:55:34 AM
The solid black double doors to Uziel's chamber remained open for the arrival of the two young Watcher's that were to be joining him shortly. The Elder Watcher's hand gently brushed over the countless tome's and ancient volumes that lined the many book shelves of his lavish surroundings as he walked their length in deep thought. Uziel's mind drifted to the man that was his mentor long ago when he too was called into service as a scared Watcher of the Shad’a-Fan, (Sarafan) an ancient order from the time of the Dark Wars. Like a father figurer, Jearus was Uziel's master in the way's of the Watcher's, diligently teaching the young Uziel everything he knew until his untimely demise. Jearus was a man that envisioned a new dawning of peace for the cause. His hopes of seeing the Vampyre clan's reuniting the family blood line linage, coming to a peaceful conclusion and resolution that would finally end the bloodshed and warfare amongst them once and for all. He never lived to see his dream fulfilled. Satarel words in the hall now fell over Uziel thoughts as he stopped to pull a thick tome from an upper shelf in front of him.

"I remember the words of the Count when last you spoke of this, and he was not in favor of it."

Uziel smiled to him self for a moment. Indeed Satarel word's and keen observation had been partially correct to a curtain degree. The Count was against the whole idea of reconciliation from the start, however. It was Uziel that that persuaded the ancient monarch to reconsider. If the Jearus vision was to ever be, then the Elder Watcher would have to convince Fulkrehm of a possible treaty between the two major clans. His plan worked. Even though Count Fulkrehm was reluctant in his decision, he finally conceded and gave his dark blessing.

"Ah,...Just in time." Uziel said as Wylde and Satarel entered the Elder's study. After Uziel placed the heavy tome on a near by desk, he turned to the young Watcher's and bid them to sit as he gathered his thought's. Glancing to the ebony door's, Uziel made a simple gesture with his right hand and the massive doors reacted immediately, shutting as if on their own accord.

"Watcher's, we have a great deal to discuss...As you both have probably already gathered, the mission we have all trained so hard for has finally arrived." The Elder paused, placing his hands behind him as walked slowly around the large oaken desk, continuing only after her pulled the high backed chair from its place then sat facing them.

"Kitiarra is already in place on Roon and has contacted me this morning concerning her findings. She reported that the holo message was successfully sent to the intended party and the arrangements for your meeting will take place in two day's from now in the city of Rondin on Roon." The Elder leaned forward, steepling his fingers together, a furrowed line creased his brow as he finished.

"We have only one shot at this...There can be no mistakes." Uziel's facial features were stern and his sturdy voice conveyed his point to a fault. The two young Watcher's were well aware of the risks and danger's they now both faced...The cost of their venture had already taken the life’s of three of the seven original Watcher's...And now they were the last of that hope.

Wylde Krymsin
Jul 25th, 2003, 08:18:06 AM
She knew it. Wylde knew that this was it. She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from smiling broadly at Uziel and Satarel. This is what she was trained for, this is what she has been waiting for. Wylde reached over to take Satarel's hand, squeezing it. She felt him return it and couldn't help the smile that broke out. She saw Uziel raise his eyebrow at her and she quickly wiped the smile off her face. Now was not the time to get excited about the mission. She would do that once they were on their way.

Her mind suddenly betrayed her as her thoughts went to Ice and what she thought was his betrayal of her by chosing Redeemer over her as his lifemate. She had not spoken to Ice in over year, in fact, it was when he went to claim Redeemer when they last spoke, when Wylde finally spoke of her true feelings for Ice. She would always remember how those blue eyes of his looked upon her with brotherly love as he kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear that he did not love her that way, that he was meant for Redeemer and no one else.

Wylde had yet to see what Redeemer looked like, but she already knew she was beautiful. All purest of pure vampiresses were. Her eyes opened wide, realizing that they would most likely be running into the Bloodpack on this mission and knew that Satarel would question her ability to remain focused. She turned her head to look at her friend, silently vowing to him that nothing will get in her way of this mission. They had worked so hard for this for so many years.

Turning to Uziel, she found him watching her carefully and she straightened her back, lifting her head up slightly to return his gaze with the steely confidence she had before. She would not let Ice affect her anymore. He made his decision, she understood that now. Yes, it still hurt, but she would not keep surrounding herself in that hurt anymore.

"We will not fail you, Uziel." Wylde spoke with conviction. "You know we are ready for this."

Satarel Castillon
Jul 25th, 2003, 09:59:45 PM
Satarel held Wylde's hand, she always looked to him for a reassuring strength. And he was always there to give it. He looked to her with no expression but his eyes gave her a smile. He was one of the "by the book" ones, he was rarely seen by the others as he was constently out in the field doing what they were trained and taught to do. This meeting was a rare treat for the others, including Uziel. The master had only communication relay as a way to keep in touch with his most dedicated pupil.

"Roon is it? Kind of a high risk mission dont you think elder? We would be in great danger, but you know as well as anyone that I would be willing to do this. For the good of all of course."

Walking into the "lion's den" was not what Satarel had in mind. But then again, this could be the only way to get them to come. A risk it was, but it meant a peace and reconciling between brothers and sisters of a long ago era.

" Elder, Wylde is right of one thing.....We will not fail you."

Uziel
Jul 26th, 2003, 02:34:47 AM
A subtle creaking noise came from the Elder's chair as he slowly leaned back and rested his elbow's on the comfortable looking arm rest’s, listening intently to the young Watcher's as they both professed their loyalty and bravery for the cause and the mission they were soon to set out on. Uziel's eye's shifted momentarily to Wylde as a concerned look crept across his rugged face. Indeed, Uziel had placed a great deal of faith in both of his Watcher’s, knowing they were both groomed and trained rigorously for such a lethal task as this from the time of their youth. Nevertheless, it was the distraction that still lingered in Wylde eye’s that bothered him deeply.

After a moment, and the casual exchanging glance between Satarel and Wylde, Uziel stood from his chair, slowly walking to a near by window. It was quite difficult to come to term’s with the many lingering thought’s over the last few day’s following the Count’s blessing and go ahead. Theses two young Watchers’ were more then student’s to Uziel, they were like his family and his role to them was more then just a mere teacher of the sacred discipline…He was like a father figure and the thought of either one of their possible losses haunted him.

“I’ve never questioned your servitude nor your loyalty young Watcher’s. Indeed, you have both been trained well. This is not what concerns me.” The Elder paused in his words as a troubling mask fell over his face.

“The Vampyre you are both about to meet on the planet of Roon is quite clever, not to mention a cunning warrior. A powerful and deadly sorcerer who is perverse in the ancient way’s of the Sith. A dark being whose life I’ve chronicled over the last twelve hundred year’s of my own life. I have spoken of him on numerous occasions in my lectures as you both know.” Uziel quickly glanced over his shoulder to see if he still had the full attention of his pupil’s, once satisfied he returned his gaze back to the barren waste land that stretched as far as the eye could see. Again Uziel paused as he thought of the being he spoke of and the countless life’s this Vampyre had taken.

“I will warn you both now…Lord Soth is not one to be taken for granted. For if you do, I can assure you,…This will be the last time you ever lay eye’s on K'har Sian. Everything you both have learned to this point will be tested to its fullest. He will no doubt ask question’s and most likely be accompanied by one of his many apprentice’s…You must avoid a confrontation at all cost…The success of this whole mission depends on this one point.” The Elder turned from the window, placing his hand’s behind him before he went on. At that moment, Satarel caught the glint of two small silver boxes that rested on the edge of Uziel’s desk. Only then did the reality of the mission’s importance, the lethalness of its undertaking hit him in its fullest. He knew what was lay inside each of the tiny boxes…It was a last resort that came in the form of a simple tablet…Nerno-vax! If by chance, either one of the Watcher’s were to be compromised or captured in their mission, this was the remedy. Once ingested, the host would experience complete and total memory loss, wiping from their mind’s the life they once knew within the matter of second’s.

“You must only give him enough information that will lead him here to Nehekara, then to Count Fulkrehm. I have two holo disks’ here that I want you both to study carefully before your departure. It contains valuable information on the terrain of Roon, nava-computer coordinates and a brief history on the man you will meet two day’s from now.” Uziel’s hand slipped into the soft lining’s of his robe to retrieve the disks. He then casually walked to were the two silver boxes sat, placing the disk’s on top of them before he turned to Wylde and Satarel.

“Once the disks have been viewed in their entirety, they will be rendered useless due to the self destruct program written within. Are there any question’s?”

Wylde Krymsin
Jul 26th, 2003, 08:53:28 AM
Wylde stared at the boxes on the desk, knowing full what they meant. Her eyes had widened at the mention of Lord Soth. She had always been fascinated by him when Uziel lectured. His power, his ways of the Sith had Wylde eager to meet him. Uziel was not the only one who had watched him. She did not know if the Elder Watcher knew of her extra curricular activity. If he did, he never spoke of it. Her eyes flickered over Uziel and she nodded her head.

"We understand fully, Uziel." She said, her voice strong. She stood, reaching for both the disk and the 'box'. As her hand wrapped around them, her eyes met Uziel's and she held them.

"I will give you no reason to doubt me." She whispered for only Uziel to hear.

Satarel Castillon
Jul 27th, 2003, 02:21:25 AM
Satarel stepped forward and picked up his little case and the accompanying disc. He had a mixed feeling look to his face. He was steadfast in his conviction to see this through, but didnt like the idea of having to waste all his years of training and field work to go down the drain in one swallow of a pill. He stood relaxed and clasped his hands in front of him while holding the contents of his viewing for the mission.

"Elder, this apprentice....do we know who it may be that will accompany him? Are we to allow them to follow him and us to Khar Sian? Or do we request they stay back and only Lord Soth follow us?"

He asked the master of the Watchers.

"And as for protection, I believe we should carry our staffs with us, if we are to face these Roon vampyres whom I trust as far as I can physically throw one, I'll feel more secure if we carry our personal weapons."

Satarel's staff was bronze in color, and had a black and grray marble accent to it. Its secrets held within were a gas toxin that renders one paralyzed, and a flash emitter near the tip for a blinding strobe effect, and last but not least, a five inch blade that springs form the front tip.

Uziel
Jul 27th, 2003, 07:21:32 PM
"I will give you no reason to doubt me." Wylde softly whispered for Uziel to hear, her reassuring word’s were like those from a daughter to an over worried father.

Uziel gave Wylde a pleasant smile, however the concern for her frame of mind still tugged at him. To Uziel it was quite simple, there were no other alternatives. Both of their lives fully depended on one another. Wylde would have to force herself to lay everything aside for the time being, even if it meant hardening her heart against the one's she loved the most...Ice would have to simply remain in the top dresser drawer where she left him last.

"Elder, this apprentice....do we know who it may be that will accompany him? Are we to allow them to follow him and us to Khar Sian? Or do we request they stay back and only Lord Soth follow us?"

The Elder paused for a moment at Satarel question, crossing his arms together while at the same time stroking his short graying beard with his right hand as he thought it through. It was crucial that the two Watcher's remained together at all times just in case the volatile Vampyre master had a sudden change of plans. Uziel was curtain that Lord Soth would be accompanied by a companion, most likely a favored apprentice. Confronting one Dark-ling’s let alone two at any given time would indeed prove to be more then a hand full to any one seasoned Watcher. Nevertheless, it was also imperative for the young Watcher's to remain as neutral as possible without causing suspicion or alarm to the contact...This is where the Watcher's expertise would come into play. Uziel eye's remained downcast as he thought of the possibilities.

"It is uncertain who will be with him at the time of the meeting. I really can not say. But, rest assured, the death knight will be with someone of personal importance to him...If Soth has an escort, let them come if he insists...I will leave it to you both how you choose to lead him here to Khar Sian." Uziel glanced back up to Wylde who remain seated then over to Satarel. Uziel after straightening himself, made his way back slowly to his own seat behind the oaken desk.

"And as for protection, I believe we should carry our staffs with us, if we are to face these Roon vampires whom I trust as far as I can physically throw one, I'll feel more secure if we carry our personal weapons." Satarel stated as the Elder Watcher took his seat once more. Both young Watcher’s could sense the ever growing feeling and the deep concern Uziel’s worrisome demenor shed towards them both, a distraught feeling the Elder vainly attempted to mask while they were in his presence. However, they knew him to well, as he knew them in much the same manner. It was quite characteristic of Uziel to do so, especially under the circumstances...Something that the young Watcher’s understood all to well. Loss was part of their lot in this trade.

"Yes my friend, I agree...Take a weapon of choice and remember, nothing is ever what it seems...Stay together at all time's once you arrive on Roon. Kitiarra will remain positioned as an observer unless trouble should arise. I trust that it won't." The Elder shot them both a stern glance and then his face softened somewhat as he went on to finish.

"There is a thick shroud of magic about the Shrine master as we speak...I've been unable to penetrate it's vale and I have reason to believe he's on to something as well...You both will also have to be thoughtful in what you say to him...Choose your word's wisely when your in his presence. As I said before, Soth is no fool." The Elder clasped his hand's in front of him, knowing in his mind that this could be the last time he ever laid eye's on his young watcher's again once they entered the “Cloak of the Sith.”

Wylde Krymsin
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:24:06 AM
Wylde knew Uziel was worried. Anyone in their right frame of mind would be worried. Taking a step out of line, Wylde placed her hand on Uziel's shoulder and leaned in, softly kissing his cheek before turning to head out of the great room. She stopped at the door, turning around to look at both Satarel and Uziel.

"Things will be as we have planned." Wyle stated. "Sat, let me know when you are ready to leave."

Wylde left then, heading towards their weaponary room. Satarel may have his staff already, but Wylde was getting her's specially designed for just this occasion and she hoped it would be ready.

Walking in, a cloaked, hunched over creature hobbled it's way to her, taking her hand into it's knarled one and led her to the back room. Wylde's eyes adjusted to the darkened room she was led into and laying on the table was her staff. Her eyes widened in appreciation as she walked to the table, her hands reaching out to touch the crystal it was made from. It was clear, but had a hint of dark purple swirling around the crystal and the three prongs at end were made of chrome. As soon as her hands touched it, the staff arced to life, sparks of electricty eminating from the prongs.

"Excellent work, Vlad, excellent." Wylde whispered, her eyes going to the hunched figure.

"We took your idea and went a little further with it." The ragged voice replied. "We didn't think you would mind. Touch the button."

"No, not at all." Wylde smiled, turned the staff in her hands, getting the feel of the cool crystal. She saw the button Vlad, their expert in weaponary for many years, had said to push. As soon as her finger touched it, a six inch blade popped out from the prongs with a 'schink' and Wylde grinned from ear to ear as she saw the electricty wrap itself around the blade.

"You did good, Vlad." Wylde laughed.

Satarel Castillon
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:00:34 PM
Prepping the ship for the journey, Satarel was sitting in the pilot's station of The Oracle. She was a beauty of a ship, all gold metallic hull with silver highlights, polarized viewports and a couple gunner stations. She was the pride and joy of the Citadel and this was to be her most important mission. To be the deliverer of the emissaries to Roon.

"So this is it......everything is riding on you Sat, dont let your guard down ....not even for a second. Lest all what has been worked on and set up all these years to be for naught."

Eyes kept forward as he spoke those words to himself.

Uziel
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:07:59 AM
The very next day, following the meeting that had taken place in the Uziel's chambers, the Elder Watcher found himself ironically standing by the silvery Pool of Remembrance once more. So many times he had gazed upon its telling water's, calling forth the sight that had administered and assisted him in so many countless missions before hand. Today, Uziel would call on it's power's once again. He needed to see and know for himself, what lay ahead concerning the young Watcher's outcome and the perilous journey they were about to embark upon.

The Elder slowly stretched forth his left hand over the calm water's, his other hand firmly holding the weapon of his trade as he did so. Reaching to the force, Uziel closed his eyes, embracing the power's that flowed around him. At first, the “sight” reveled nothing at all but a stark ebony curtain that resembled an endless void in his consciousness. As the moment's past, the clear orbed jewel atop Uziel's ebony metallic staff ebbed to life. The inviting warmth of its magical light caressed the right side of his cheek as he delved deep and yet deeper still into the murky blackness of space beyond.

"Sha'val mi wi'ave I se'vae." (Show me what I seek) The Elder muttered the ancient dialect of his Order under his voice as the silver water's immediately reacted then parted into a circular scene that took place far away from the Nehekara Keep. Carefully he masked his descent, weaving the unseen tendrils of the force about his celestial trail...For it would have been unwise not to do so. There arose the possibility, a slim chance if it be that whoever Uziel viewed in this manner could also sense and detect the signature of his obtrusive being. Nevertheless, the Elder Seer was greatly gifted in this area and it would take a much more powerful foe then he to unravel what he had just created.

A flurry of vibrant color's swirled about his mind's eye as he neared his destination. This time the veil of darkness was not there to greet him as it was the night before…The abyss now gave way to a tangible sight. The Elder slowly opened his eyes to the silver pool before him, and within the parted circle appeared the images he had hoped for. The face of a youthful woman came into view, her eyes were cold and unfeeling. A disciple of Soth himself whose identity was strangely two fold. She was the one that would accompany the Death Knight, Uziel was now certain of that. He continued to study her, every curve of her face had not gone unnoticed by his keen eye nor did the serial image of this vision go unrecorded.

"I se'vae ta wov'rae nem'os bov'fue mi."(I seek the woman's name before me.") Uziel whispered softly as the tone's of his commanding voice sent ripples across the Pool of Remembrance.

Once again the Elder gestured smoothly with his left hand, gently brushing it through the air and over the scene in front of him until a new living picture emerged on the surface of the water. Suddenly the face of the dreaded Death Knight surfaced, his attention was on the woman that Uziel had just viewed second’s before…Soth was about to talk her. Again Uziel motioned with his hand to draw the picture closer to him, bring the face of Soth frighteningly nearer to the water's surface. Then the Sith Master produced the name of the young woman Uziel was looking for. The Death Knight's purring word's echoed in his mind as he listened intently and leaned closer to the water's.

"My dearest Virrana'h,...Please,...Do me the honor of sitting with me for awhile. There are pressing matter's I wish to discuss with you."

"Hurmm,...Just as I thought." The Elder Watcher murmured in an indistinct tone, crossing his hand over the scene again until another picturesque view played on the pool's smoothness. The image of an inky black Imperial shuttle appeared against a turbulent and stormy back drop of rain and lighting as it sped to an unknown location. Flashes of the purest white engulfed the craft, momentarily highlighting the pilot’s within its slightly bent cockpit...The Elder eyes narrowed at the scene before him. Then instantly a flash of lighting struck the prone ship, arcing outwards off the slanted wing straight towards Uziel! The thick bluish bolt shot from the silvery surface of the pool, wrapping its deadly tendrils around the body of the Seer, sending him sprawling backwards and skidding across the glossy black polished floor. Uziel moaned in agony as wisps of smoke rolled off his crumpled form.

The prophetic circle of the pool began to close slowly to its normal state as the Elder Watcher writhed in utter pain, however. It wasn’t completely shut before two piercing emerald green eye's peered back unbeknownst to the man she had always hated...

Wylde Krymsin
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:05:17 AM
The heels of her boots echoed along the halls as Wylde walked them, staff in hand. She had just left Satarel's company, talking of the upcoming journey.

Wylde was actually in a good mood, one she had not been in for quite some time. She finally felt herself free of the pain of Ice choosing another, realizing that she was meant for someone else. That's how she was looking at it and no one was going to stop her from thinking like that.

She passed the Pools of Remembrance and stopped. Something did not feel right coming from there. Clenching the staff in her hands, she ran through the doors, coming to a halt midway in, her eyes widening at what seemed to be a pair of eyes wrapped in smoke looking down upon the floor. Her own eyes slowly searched the room, taking everything in. Moans coming from the other side of the water caught her attention.

"Uziel!" She gasped, running to his side. She noticed the smoke coming off his body and her eyebrows raised in question. "Uziel, are you all right? What happened?"

Wylde helped him to a sitting position and looked him over, checking for any obvious signs of injury. She looked back up to see if the eyes were still there, but they had vanished. Uziel would not answer her right away and she moved to sit in his line of vision.

"Uziel." She said, her voice taking on a demanding tone. "Does what happened in here have anything to do with our trip? Please tell me."

Uziel
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:45:35 AM
The deadly bolt had caught the unsuspecting man about mid sternum, leavening a gaping hole in his bright blue tunic and a horrible chard mark on his flesh. Uziel could feel his heart palpitating within his chest as he lay there and its beating rhythm remained irregular. The putrid smell of burnt flesh lofted on the air of the large cathedral like setting, Uziel cloth's still smoldering from the ordeal. Thin baby blue fingers of electricity continued to periodically lick thier way over his form, finally dissipating as the Elder reached to the force once more.

A number of young Watcher candidates rushed over to the area where Uziel lay, gasping and whispering amongst themselves as Wylde broke through thier numbers.

"Uziel, are you all right? What happened?" Wylde questioned, her tone was tinged with a note of panic as she propped the Elder up to a seated position. However, her words went unheeded for the time being as the healing wave's of the force enveloped the stricken Watcher.

"Uziel,...Does what happened in here have anything to do with our trip? Please tell me." Wylde asked once more, placing her arm around him for support then cupping his face with her other hand as she gazed at his tightly closed eyes.

"Wyld...Wylde, send the other's away." Uziel stammered as he clutched the score mark on his chest. Slowly the warmth of the force fell over the Elder's body, rejuvenating the area that had been burnt only moment's before...He would live to see another day.

Wylde Krymsin
Jul 31st, 2003, 11:05:18 AM
Wylde quickly ordered the other's out, smiling to herself as none of them wasted time getting out of there. Along with Uziel, the three other Watcher's were highly regarded amongst the fledgling students, but Uziel was the wisest, the oldest amonst them and demanding the highest respect.

She took off her gloves, tucking them into the pocket of her jacket as her hands roamed over his soft hair. She knew Uziel was tougher than he looked, but that did not stop her from worrying about him. Over the years, she had grown to love him with deep affection. The remaining Watcher's were the only family she had left and she would do anything to asure their safety.

Wylde looked at her hands, then over at Uziel, shaking her head. She would not use her power of touch to find out what happened with him. She had never cheated that way with Uziel and would not start now. If he wanted to tell her, he would. Wylde knew not to press him on certain things and this, she was finding out, was one of those things.

Uziel
Jul 31st, 2003, 02:42:45 PM
"Help me stand dear." The Elder Seer requested in a somewhat feeble tone as he placed his arm around Wylde's shoulder, scaning the area around the pool to see if the other's had departed.

Indeed, Uziel was a proud man in every sense of the word. His early calling had molded him as such, honing his open mind and spiritual essence as a Seer even beyond that of mortal frailties that entangled and snared so many around him. Nevertheless, his human constitution begged to differ with him at this point. And regardless of pride or such, the Elder Watcher found himself relying heavily upon Wylde's strength to pull him to his feet.

"You’re to kind to this old man Wylde." Uziel offered her a sincere smile of gratitude, retrieving the ebony staff beside him as he rose to his feet. After a brief moment, Uziel's regained some of his old strength back. Wylde could physically feel the Elder tugging against her support as he inched his way towards the one foot curb of the circular pool. Once there, Uziel peered into the mercury water's before him as if he were still expecting the image's to be there...They were now gone. Only the reflections of the two Watchers’ could be seen, the water's had now reverted back to the glassy sheen and the stillness of the vaulted chamber echoed its silence.

"I believe this old man may have just unwittingly compromised this mission Wylde." Uziel let out a soft sigh as he leaned his weight on the six foot staff at his side.

"When I opened the sacred portal this time, the vision came clearly to me,...As it usually doses. Only when the last images appeared did the strangest thing occur. Something that's never happened here at Nehekara in all my year's as a Seer. The inanimate properties of the pool became physically charged with the other temporal level I viewed. As if someone or something had converged the two existing plane's into one source at the same exact time." The Elder pondered the troubling thought. However, this unexplained enigma eluded him almost to the point of visible frustration.

"Did you see anything odd or out of place in the pool after I was struck down by that god awful lightning bolt?" Uziel's question to her was firm and to the point. His crystal blue eye's trailed over to hers, searching Wylde's own intently as the glint of frustration that was once there, turned into a sliver of hopeful anticipation of what he dared to hear from her.

Wylde Krymsin
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:17:49 PM
Wylde's green eyes looked back into his and she let out a sigh.

"I wish I could help you, Uziel." She whispered. "But the only thing I saw when I came in were whisps of smoke in the shape of eyes, but I thought I just imagined that. Oh, and you laying on the floor, smoldering yourself."

Wylde's attempt at humor brought the hint of a smile to Uziel's face and she relaxed some. His admission that he may have jeopardized the mission weighed heavily on her mind.

'Who would have the power to punish him through the portal?' She thought to herself, worrying her bottom lip with her teeth as her mind raced. The only person she could think of that was that powerful was Lord Soth himself. A shudder mixed of excitement and fear ran down her spine and she stifled a gasp, banishing those thoughts.

Uziel
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:46:42 PM
A thin smile forced its way across Uziel's face. No matter how hard he tried to remain stoic, she always managed to have the right word's at the right time that seemed to get the better of him somehow…

"I suppose that's the only way you can get my attention now theses day's?" The thin smile on his face opened to a wide grin and both Watchers got a good laugh at the Elder's expense. Wylde was indeed a very special young woman to Uziel, and he would protect her with his life if need be...He had always felt that way about her...

About that time, the head Nehekara physician and his youthful protégé' run up the small flight of step's and then around the pool to where Wylde and Uziel now stood. The Elder shot the young female Watcher a half perturbed look as his once pleasant smile faded back to its original state.

"Sir,…I just received word that you were badly injured here...Let me take a look..." The physician had not quite finished his sentence when Uziel cut him off.

"When you see me on the flat of my back doctor, and my lifeless eye's are staring back at you...Then,...And I mean only then can you presume the worst of me!" The Elder snapped in a gruff voice that sent the two men back a few paces. The man quickly glanced down at the chard hole on the royal blue tunic then back to Uziel again.

"But sir...Your wounded, and I shou..." Once again Uziel halted the physician's statement, this time with a raised hand held out towards him. The Elder's eye's narrowed at the over seeing doctor and his young understudy stepped behind him as Uziel's voice boomed in the vaulted room.

"Doctor please,...You try my patient’s..." The Seer turned to face the white robed man completely. Wylde could now see the heat burning in Uziel's face as an awkward moment of silence fell over the small group...

"Very well,...As you wish m'lord." Replied the Cleric, his voice was low and subdued as he bowed slightly to the Elder Watcher then to Wylde. A few minutes later, both men were finally out of sight. Uziel eyes never left them until their form's disappeared in the long shadows of the Great Hall of Eishmerale.

"You know,...I've never liked doctors...They always manage to give me the willies...Blood sucker's I say." He said absentmindedly as he placed a balled fist on his hip. As he turned to face his pupil once more, Uziel could see a smile beginning to play at the corner of Wylde's lips.

"Well, can you blame me?" He arched a gray brow at her, holding his hand out as if pleading his defense on the matter. They both broke out into a loud hearty laugh after she couldn’t hold it any longer. And the traumatized doctor and his apprentice were still in ear shot to hear their sudden reaction as it reverberated past them both.

"Common,...We have some sparring to do...There's still fire yet in theses old bone's of mine. What'da say?" At the mention of the word "fire", Uziel couldn’t but help to think of the smokey eye's that Wylde had seen and spoken about. This troubled him deeply...Watcher's weren't know for just see thing's out of thin air like she described...Especially seasoned one's!

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 1st, 2003, 07:57:12 AM
Wylde sensed that Uziel was still thinking about what happened here. She was about to stubbornly argue when he brought up sparring. Uziel knew she could never resist an opportunity to train. It was one of her favorite things. She and Satarel were known for going in to train and not coming out for hours on end, spent, near exhaustion because neither one would get the best of each other.

She grinned, grabbing her staff off the floor.

"Think you can best me, Old Man?" Wylde daunted, knowing full well Uziel could whip her with just one hand tied behind his back. She was good, but he was the best.

Wylde's thoughts went to Satarel and she laughed softly. Women flocked over him and those strong arms of his. From the first day the two of them met, they were fast friends and nothing more. She admitted he was gorgeous as sin, but there was nothing 'there' between them that sparked in that way. Kissing him would probably be like kissing a brother. Wylde shuddered at the thought and shook her head.

Wylde's thoughts turned to Ice for a moment and she let out a sigh. She wished him every happiness in the world. He was one of the few vampyres that openly sought out the Watcher's and was welcome. Everyone loved him, girls developed crushes on him, but she fell hard when she knew she was not supposed to.

Satarel was in charge of watching Ice and Redeemer, Wylde watched their friend Quinlin Torr. He was a brooding one, that's for sure. The petite female Sith warrior that ran with the Bloodpack had piqued her curiosity as well. Epona Rhi was her name. Wylde's eyebrows drew up as she thought about the whole 'Pack, or 'Packers' as everyone there had begun to call them. They were an interesting mix of vampyres and mortals. Maybe there is hope for everyone.

Wylde looked over at Uziel as they entered the training ground and threw him a haughty look, one that he knew all too well meant that she was ready to kick some major behind. She could not help but laugh as she spun the staff in her hand.

"You ready Old Man?" She teased lovingly. "Think you can keep up with me?"

Uziel
Aug 1st, 2003, 09:01:14 PM
"Think you can best me, Old Man?" Wylde jested as a coy smile etched its way on her face, a sassy look of confidence that the Elder had oddly grown fond of over the years. Uziel raised his left hand to the scorched mark on his chest as he returned a sheepish grin of his own.

"Well, seeing I do have a slight handicap at the moment, perhaps I can arrange a spar in my stead with the head physician and his understudy. Chance's are, they might get lucky and subdue you with their politeness." The Elder chuckled, placing arm around Wylde’s shoulder as they both walked from the pool towards the sparring ground's some distance away.

As the two Watchers’ made their way through the numerous arched corridors, their metallic staff's lightly tapped the marble floors out of sync with one another. Little was said between Uziel and Wylde on their way there. The time was spent in careful thought and meditation on the mission that lay ahead, including the match they were both looking forward too. The occasional stare or stray glance from other hopeful's and few dignitaries that roamed the halls went unnoticed by them as they passed.

Uziel smiled inwardly as he thought back at all the time's he had spent training and teaching this woman at his side. Her gift as a Seer was initially discovered by him when she was still but a small child, her power's far surpassing any of her peer's at the time. Indeed, it had been quite some time since he had the opportunity to spar with his apprentice, nevertheless. This day would prove to be Wylde's most challenging one yet...

"You ready Old Man?" She teased lovingly as they both stopped at the mouth of a spanning archway that led to the massive court yard beyond.

"Think you can keep up with me?"

"Well I suppose that all depends on what you've learned from me thus far." Uziel teased back, gesturing smoothly with a free hand to the sparring yard.

"Shall we?"

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:45:20 AM
Wylde grinned at Uziel as they walked further into the training ground. Other's were there and she heard gasps of shock as they turned to look at them. It had been awhile since Uziel had stepped in here and she guessed they were not used to seeing him there.

She flipped her dark hair over her shoulders and stepped away from Uziel.

"Well, Master," Wylde said with playful emphasis on 'Master', "I'm ready when when you are."

Wylde's grip on the staff tightened, this being her first time to really use it in training since she recieved it a few days ago. It was going to be an honor to train with it with Uziel. She and Satarel normally trained bare handed or swords, something she loves very deeply.

She took another step back, moved the staff behind her back with one hand and then brought her other one up to motion with her finger in a 'come here' gesture.

"Let's play." Wylde grinned, her signature saying bringing a smile to Uziel's face.

Uziel
Aug 5th, 2003, 03:38:23 PM
High above the training grounds where Wylde and Uziel stood preparing to spar, rose a great cathedral like expanse that jetted upwards above them until it peaked into a fine pyramided apex. From an outside view of the massive obsidian Keep, the multi columned spire’s reached heavenward's like five sharp finger's from Fulkrehm hand, clawing at the sapphire skyline as if ready to tear the very fabric of space with it’s eternally posed appendages. The structure was encased with deeply smoked synth glass panels that coved its entirety, keeping the inner sanctum workings at a comfortable temperate climate. Indeed, this engineered marvel sat as an ever lasting testament of those who created it long before the Dark War's.

It wasn’t long before the upper decked walk ways began to fill with curious onlooker's as the two Watcher's engaged one another. As the Watcher's staff's clashed for the first time in the spar, the metallic noise from them resounded loudly then dissipated almost immediately as if the mysterious inky walls absorbed its stray echo.

The two Watchers’ slowly circled each another in a counter clockwise motion, each anticipating the other's movement with a keen and carefully trained eye. Again, Uziel thrust his ebony staff at Wylde, however. This time its trajectory was on a low path to her right knee. As the young Watcher quickly answered the offensive attack with a rotating sweep of her own staff, the Elder immediately lifted upwards with his rod until her mid-section was exposed. Uziel wasted no time in taking advantage of the opening he had just created. With the front portion of his staff resting in his right hand, the Elder snapped his other hand forward from behind, jousting at Wylde's stomach in a sudden frontal thrust.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 5th, 2003, 04:13:28 PM
Wylde threw Uziel a grin and flipped backwards with her 'cat-like' reflexes to miss his thrust at her. She flipped twice, then moved herself to a standing position, her arms going up above her head to stretch lazily. Still gripping her staff, she crossed her arms over hear head. Wylde tilted her head to one side and gave her old friend a cheshire grin.

"I hope you can do better than that, Uziel." She purred, moving slowly around him. His eyes never left her, as if trying to anticipate her next move.

Wylde brought one hand down, her fingers stretching out and she used the Force power within her to fling a seat in the corner at him, knowing full well Uziel would dodge it in time. He did not disappoint her. Wylde took that opportunity to run up to him, spinning around as she brought her staff to him, the ends arcing with electricity. He turned to face her and she blew a kiss at him before sweeping low with her staff, tripping his legs out from underneath him.

Uziel
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:06:34 PM
The Elder returned the smile, a half cocked grin that was lined with a note of amusement as he awaited her next move. She was good, her reflexes and speed were incredible. Nevertheless, the Elder Watcher had a few moves of his own.

As Wylde splayed hand stretched forth towards Uziel, a lone chair from the corner of his eye came into view. Immediately Uziel halted the chairs advance as he diverted its path upwards then away to his left. Soon after and with little time to react, a low pitched whistling noise ensued, sounding in Uziel's ear's as the Wylde's stuff lashed at him. Uziel lifted his leg slightly and thrust his metallic stuff into the soft soil where his left leg once was, intercepting the electrically charged blow with his own. As the two staff's collided with an awful hiss, a momentary brilliance erupted between them as a flashing arc of blue surrounded their shafts. Without further hesitation, the Elder quickly pressed his palm outwards towards Wylde. The prone female Watcher soon found herself reeling backwards as if from an unseen hand that hit her mid sternum.

"A kiss for me?” The Elder laughed in a gruff voice.

"I'm old enough to be your father mind you...Twice over at that." Uziel remarked in an almost pseudo tone as he finished.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:30:53 PM
Wylde landed with a 'thump' on the floor on her backside and she got up immediately, dusting herself off. She grabbed her staff again and slowly walked towards Uziel, twirling her weapon behind her.

"Uziel," She murmured playfully. "You mean you could not handle a little ol' thing like me?"

Wylde heard the movement above her and she did not have to look up to see that others had joined in to watch the training session. Wylde trained there often enough to know the layout of the place without looking where she was. She grinned again, breaking off into a run towards Uziel. She watched him steady himself for her impact, but she surprised him, jumping up just as she reached him to grasp onto a grappling hook with one hand, kicking her feet out infront of her, hitting Uziel's shoulder. She heard him grunt and her eyes widened as he barely moved.

"You're good, Old Man." Wylde called from up above. She looked around from where she hung, her eyes going to the tops of pillars that ended just above her head. Tucking her staff under her arm, she quickly swung up with both hands, landing on top of the pillar. Coming to full height, she looked down upon Uziel.

"We've definately let too much time pass between sessions." Wylde laughed, bring her staff out infront of her. She continued to watch Uziel as the whole staff began to wrap itself within it's own electricity, including her arm. Wylde's eyebrows shot up in reaction, feeling no effects from the electricity.

"This is new." She said to herself, then turned her attention back to Uziel. "Check this out, will ya?"

Wylde aimed the staff at Uziel, watching as it obeyed her thoughts and raced towards Uziel, wrapping him in electricity. His robes began to lift up, as they would caught in a draft and Wylde could not help but grin.

"What'chya think about that?" Wylde laughed having fun and knowing full well that Uziel would find a way out of it.

Uziel
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:54:16 PM
The Elder immediately called to the force as the wiry young woman came charging at him full bore, however her frontal attack did little to nothing as to move him from his spot. Uziel’s eyes quickly followed Wylde upwards as she utilized a grapnel and lanyard from her staff that pulled her to the upper columns. This webbed area she now rested on supported the bearing tonnage of the five massive structural point's that loomed high above. Often time's some of the other student's used this upper complex for more advanced training techniques, nevertheless. Uziel would not be coaxed into following her pursuit. The last time he'd been up there was more then thirty year's prior on a mandatory inspection and the experience proved to be more then nerving for the Elder from what he remembered all to well.

"Check this out, will ya?" Wylde shouted from above, ripping off one of her newly found abilities that her staff offered. Thin cord's of electricity shot downwards towards Uziel, engulfing him momentarily as he lingered to long at the thought of his hatred of heights. The Elder cringed at the suddenness of the licking finger's that wrapped around his form. Even though it was more of a light shock, the blast he took earlier by the pool side brought the all too familiar feeling back to his mind. One he had hoped to put behind him, at least for the day.

"What'chya think about that?" Wylde ask Uziel in a sassy voice, followed by a jeering laugh that drew some of the other onlooker's into fray.

Activating a hidden button on his staff, Uziel focused the energies from Wylde's staff into his own, pressing the electrical jolt back to her via the force in a sudden reversed current that telegraphed upwards towards her. The young female Watcher reeled backwards a few paces once again as she managed to divert the crackling bolt to a near by metal bracket.

Uziel rolled his eyes before his gaze trailed back up to Wylde's stony perch. He knew what she was up to and chances were she'd probably get her way with it.

"Oh no,...Your not going to get me up there this time. I'm too damn old for that sort stuff Wylde." The Elder retorted in a huff, placing a hand on his hip as he studied the thick stone plank's that crisscrossed high above him. Wylde only smiled down at him in a cocky fashion. Uziel knew she wouldn't be moved from her spot, he also knew Wylde was well aware of his loathing for high places. Letting out a soft sigh, the Elder Seer did his best to muster a stern look.

"I suggest you get down here right away or I'll,...err..." Uziel paused in his sentence, knowing already beforehand that his futile words were falling on deaf and stubborn ears.

"Oh never mind." Uziel snapped as he caught a wide smirk from Wylde who was now leaning on her staff patently.

"I hope I live to regret this." He mumbled under his voice in a feeble tone. As he pointed his staff some distance away from the young Watcher, Uziel twisted a section in his staff that produced four long and sharp inverted claw's that protruded near the top of his weapon. There was a loud popping noise as the make shift grapnel shot forward with a lanyard line in tow. With blinding accuracy the synth rope wrapped around an adjacent column not far from where Wylde stood. Uziel tugged twice on the sturdy line to see if it was secure. Once satisfied, he activated another hidden button that immediately heaved his body weight through the air, his bright blue tunic rippling behind him until he gracefully landed on one of the many ebony cat walks above.

"I hope you’re satisfied now..." With great reluctance, Uziel glanced down to the ground far below. He then shot Wylde a perturbed look of annoyance...And if looks could kill, the spar would have ended right then and there.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:37:51 AM
Wylde watched as Uziel climbed his way up the catwalk and then finally to her. She chuckled to herself, hearing the oaths muttered under his breath every step of the way. Feet planted firmly on the pillar, Wylde grasped her staff in front of her with both hands and the two of them stared at each other. Hoots and hollers were coming from the crowd that now surrounded the upper deck.

"Why yes, Uziel, I am satisfied now." Wylde softly replied. "Heights are my specialty, you know that!"

In silent unison, they struck at each other with their staffs, sparks igniting as their weapons met over and over, a barrage of light surrounding them as they went into a flurry of strikes and blocks, student showing teacher just how well she had been taught. A hush fell across the other’s as they watched intently, wondering what the outcome of this training might be.

“You are keeping your strength up for such an old man.” Wylde said with admiration. “I guess you need all that strength to keep away from the Clerics, don’t ya?”

Wylde winked at Uziel and then spun around to deliver a back kick to Uziel. Her eyes widened as her kick did not meet it’s target. Uziel had grabbed her booted foot and was now smiling his own little smile at her.

“Uh oh.”

Uziel
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:11:16 PM
"Why yes, Uziel,…I am satisfied now...Heights are my specialty, you know that!" Wylde purred sarcastically as she pooched her full lip's at him, blowing a kiss at the Elder Watcher just to see how he would react to it.

"I should have known better,...Always one to take matters into your own hands." Uziel's replied in a firm voice as he glanced down at the grapnel that was tightly wrapped around one of the sturdy columns. After quickly freeing the lanyard, Uziel pressed the same button on his staff that had released the grapnel's head in the first place. The loose slack in the line recoiled rapidly, snaking its self back into the Watcher's elaborate crafted rod.

“You are keeping your strength up for such an old man.” Wylde said with admiration, eyeing him for a potential opening.

“I guess you need all that strength to keep away from the Clerics, don’t ya?” The Elder let out a slight chuckle as he lovingly examined the metal encasement around the bone white sapphire that was housed inside. With a simple twist, the small half dome that covered the rare and unique gemstone opened, once again reviling its priceless beauty.

"I've always taught you, that it’s never wise to judge a tome by its cover young lady...It just might prove to be your undoing." The Elder let his eyes remained diverted from her for the moment, anticipating the predictable attack he knew was sure to come. Just as he expected, and just as sure as rain, Wylde commenced in a sudden round house kick towards what she thought to be an unwary opponent...However, she was sadly mistaken.

As Wylde executed the turn with mesmerizing speed, Uziel caught her by the left ankle between himself and his left arm. The Elder Seer immediately twisted Wylde's foot just enough to cause her to over rotate in her stance while at the same time, simultaneously thrusting the blunt end of his metallic staff into her inner and upper quad muscle. The female Watcher's right leg buckled from underneath her in that instance, and the pain she felt registered fully in her over confident mind. With subtle grace that only comes with years of experience, the Elder Seer jousted Wylde's prone left leg forward, sending her careening to the smooth surface of the cat walk in a heap. As the woman slid dangerously close to the edge of the stone planking, the Elder's already extended staff sent a billowing white cloud of thick powdery gas in her retreating wake that obscured the vaulted rafter’s about them.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:12:46 PM
Wylde clutched at the edge, keeping herself from going over. She rolled over, looking up at Uziel. She watched as the fog began to envelope everything and she looked back at Uziel. The fog blurred her vision as she carefully stood up. Uziel slowly disappeared from her sight and she froze in place, closing her eyes, letting her Force senses take over.

"Nice trick, Uziel." She called out.

Wylde found her staff and reached down to grab it. Moving to stand back up, she lost her footing on the planking and fell over the edge. She cried out in surprise, hearing Uziel call her name. Falling quickly, Wylde reached for the Force to slow her down as she reached the floor some hundred feet or so below. She landed with a soft thud and fell to her knees.

Her eyes wide with shock, she stood, grasping the staff in her hands and turning to look up where Uziel probably still stood, since she could not see anything from the fog.

"You win, Uziel." She laughed, dusting her knees off. "You are the Master and always will be. Now get your old butt down here, will ya?"

A few of the on lookers made their way in and walked over to her, complimenting the match. She smiled at them, nodding her head at a few of them, then turned to look back up to see if Uziel was going to make it safely down.

Uziel
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:57:46 PM
"Now get your old butt down here, will ya?" Wylde yelled up to Uziel as she placed a delicate hand on her curvy hip.

The last of Wylde statement seemed to go unheeded as she scanned the area she believed Uziel to be...But nothing, not even a peep. The fine powdery white substance from the Elder's staff continued to cascade downwards like dense snow fall until it finally dissipated some twenty feet or so from the ground below. The small group that now surrounded Wylde was also puzzled by the Elder's silence, searching the looming rafters yet to no avail.

Then seemingly out of nowhere, the Elder spoke from high above them. Wylde's eyes trailed to the spot where the familiar gruffy voice was admitting from, her view still hazy from the remaining residue that lingered. Finally Wylde squinted eye’s glimpsed her master’s silhouetted form over to far right. Uziel was now tightly pressed against one of main support beams, holding his ebony staff close to his body in front of him.

"Well I suppose that's going to prove to be hardest part now isn’t it?" Uziel replied in an irritated tone as he glued himself closer to the metal column, hesitantly glancing down to the rapidly forming crowd below him. Wylde knew the Prophet Seer was more then powerful enough to see his way down from such a small obstacle, however. The phobia that Uziel had always manifested in high places was something she had always known of him since she was young. It was something he never managed to personally conquer over his long years as a Sarafan leader. And it looked to her that it still had the better of him. Nevertheless, Wylde could not help but to think how cute and humorous it all seemed to her in some odd, yet morbid kind of way.

“Don’t just stand there with that silly look on your face woman…Go fetch someone! I intend to be on time when supper comes rolling around.” The Elder grumbled loudly, glaring at the pink haired vixen that now fought desperately to conceal her laughter.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 7th, 2003, 07:28:40 AM
Wylde's body shook with uncontrollable laughter as she listened to her Master. She felt guilty now. She knew of his phobia, yet daunted him enough to get him up there.

Taking a deep breath, she barked an order to get everyone out of the room and walked over to the comm system on the wall near the entrance. Pressing a black painted fingernail on the button, Wylde spoke into it, her voice barely containing her mirth.

"Satarel to the training ground.....STAT!"

Leaning against the wall, her eyes roamed back up to where Uziel stood and she sighed, shaking her head as the room was finally cleared out once again to save Uziel any further embarrassment.

"Wylde placed her staff against the wall and then stealthily made her way back up the pillar with ease. She had always been able to 'move like a cat' ever since she could remember. Standing infront of Uziel, his back against the beam. She ducked her head, and then fell to one knee, her hands resting on the floor.

"Forgive me, Uziel." She said, feeling remorse. "I should not have driven you up here."

Satarel Castillon
Aug 7th, 2003, 07:45:37 AM
Tapping his staffs end on the smooth flooring of the training area, Satarel shook his head and grinned. His master was great indeed, but could never conquer his fear of heights.

"I leave you two to prep the Oracle and you get into mischief. What ever shall we do with you hmmm?"

He walked over to the cllumn that Uziel was perched upon and using the force abilities taught to him, jumped up alongside the elder watcher. Placing the elder's arm over his shoulder and put his own arm around the master's mid back for support.

"I have you elder, ready?"

They stepped off and landed with hardly a sound. Satarel stood there leaning against his staff as he smiled his greeting to Wylde.

"The Oracle is prepped and ready elder. On your word we depart for Roon. I gather you're ready Wylde?"

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:07:35 AM
Wylde made her own way down the pillar as Satarel helped Uziel down. She was laughing to herself at Sat's greeting to them as he entered the training ground. For some reason when she and Uziel are left alone, something hysterical ensues. In Uziel's old body lies the heart and mind of a child. Wylde would swear by that.

"You missed what happened with the Clerics, Sat." Wylde snickered, walking over to him to place a 'thank you' kiss on his cheek. She coughed when she caught the look Uziel shot her and she smirked openly at him. "Yes, Satarel, I am more than ready. When are we to leave?"

She looked at Uziel and felt the mood in the room change dramatically. She shivered slightly and wrapped her arms around herself as she walked to retrieve her staff. Looking back at Sat and Uziel as they softly talked, Wylde slipped her gloves back on her hands and let out a sigh. She was excited about this mission, had looked forward to it for years, but something just did not sit right with her about it.

Wylde cracked her neck, then returned to her friends' side. She offered them both a smile, one that was only shared among her closest of friends.

"Let's get this old man some dinner, shall we?" She laughed, banishing any further thoughts from her mind for now.

Satarel Castillon
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:19:03 PM
"Actually, there are more pressing matters that needs to be discussed between you and I concerning our mission. Dinner with Uziel must wait."

Always by the book he was, Satarel knew no other way. Even though at times Wylde had tried to get the watcher to "relax" some and enjoy some sort of moment in life other than their work. He did enjoy his moments with Uziel as well as Wylde when they had the chance to talk to each other, but anything else was completely alien to him. Maybe it was due to his extensive training in his teachings, Uziel always expected the best of his students and protoge's, Satarel gave no less than what was asked, fact was he gave more, always more. Then along came Wylde and her antics, but that was the endearing quality of her, never too serious as Satarel could get, always looking at the bright side of things when he couldnt. And always keeping them on their toes.

But today was something for seriousness as they neared the time to depart Khar Sian and the Citadel for Roon and it's dark inhabitants. Turning on his heel, Satarel looked back and gestured for her to follow. His long royal blue robe billowed behind him as he walked for the entrance of the training area to a more secluded spot amoung the sacred pools. His staff making a soft "tap tap tap" with every step he took with it.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:28:14 PM
Wylde groaned inwardly at Satarel's mood, knowing it was going to be a 'buzz kill' now. She turned and kissed Uziel on the cheek, promising to catch up with him later.

Following her friend, she sat on the edge of one of the pools like she always did and looked over at him. His expression was of grim seriousness and she let out a soft sigh.

"Tell me what bothers you, Sat...and don't make me cheat." Wylde said, bringing her gloved hand up to him, wiggling her fingers with a smile. He looked at her for a moment, then turned back to look into the pool.

"Sat...this mission bothers me as well." She admitted. "I have a lot of obstacles to face during this. One being Ice and you know that. Uziel as well. Do not think for a moment I do not know that the two of you have discussed this and are worried that I will let it interfere with what I am to do.

"Though Ice will not be on Roon, there is every chance that I will run into him sooner or later and I can promise you that it will not effect me in any way. I have dealt with my feeling for him and moved on."

Wylde got up and paced the floor of the room from end to end.

"Satarel...." She began, making her way back to his side. "I cannot place my finger on it, but something seems wrong about this mission to me. Like something is going to happen that was not meant to. I have touched you and Uziel, so far nothing has come to me out of the ordinary." Wylde sighed again and muttered. "Maybe it is just nerves...we are all excited about this mission...to see if we can bring peace between the families."

Satarel Castillon
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:58:59 PM
Gazing into one of the pools watching the slight ripples from an errant breeze mysteriously making its way through the halls. Satarel sighed and turned to look at her. His eyes filled with worry.

"Wylde.....this mission doesn't sit well with me either. There is a dark cloud which hides something dark and vile. I worry one of us may not come through this alive."

Walking slowly passed her, only stopping for a second to respond before continuing on.

"I do not worry about myself. I worry for you."

The royal blue robe he wore shimmered in the dim light as he walked ahead of her, his staff making its soft *tap....tap* noise as he walked with it. Stopping next to a stone carved bench, Satarel sat down and patted the space next to him for her sit as well.

"Wylde, I do not want you getting hurt on this mission. I would rather it was me who talked to this Soth and you keep watch on my back. I just have a bad feeling if he gets near you he could do something rash."

Reaching out to her he touched her cheek and had a 'pleading' look.

"Please Wylde, you know I would never ask you to do this if I was not totally sure of it."

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 10th, 2003, 12:40:09 AM
Wylde listened to her friend speak, taking her place next to him. She kept quiet, taking everything in. When he spoke of she not talking to Lord Soth, her eyebrows raised.

"Satarel, the two of us have been highly trained for what we are about to do. Do not think for a moment I will not be able to handle myself." Wylde said, her eyes going to her staff across the room. She raised her hand, calling it to her. It grew quiet between them for a few minutes and Wylde finally whispered,

"I am a Seer, Satarel. I have seen nothing that fore tells of our demise on this mission. You know if I had, I would have told Uziel and yourself this." Wylde smiled lovingly at her best friend, then something dawned on her. "Sat, are you worried that Lord Soth will try to turn me? That I am weak enough to fall under his spell and let him make me into one of his kind?"

Though the very idea of being vampyre seemed intoxicating to her, Wylde kept her mouth and mind shut to that very thought, not even breathing a whisper of it in anyone's company. Her eyebrow raised and she thought maybe that was the reason she had been so drawn to Ice in the first place.

Satarel Castillon
Aug 10th, 2003, 01:21:38 AM
An embarassed look played on his face. He knew she had the gift of second sight, a seer. This was completely alien to him. It was the first time he'd allowed feelings to get in the way. He cared for her and with this being as dangerous as it was, he didnt want anything to happen to her.

"No Wylde, I do not doubt your abilities to see this through. I have a bad feeling is all. I can not explain it, I feel anxiety about this and I am completely taken by surprise with this new feelings. And yes, I fear the vampyre that strong enough Wylde. We can not go in thinking we're unstopable, we are mere mortals after all."

Sighing once again he slowly shook his head.

"I am rambling, I should not have said a word. You are right, I am being foolish."

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 10th, 2003, 12:27:42 PM
Wylde reached over and draped her arm over Sat's shoulder, then rested her head against him.

"I never said one word about being foolish, Sat." She whispered. "You and I are two of the last original four Watchers. We are highly trained, that is for sure. But you are right, we are only mortal. I know I can die at any moment and accept it as part of our job. "

Wylde squeezed his shoulders in comfort and then kissed his cheek, laughing softly as she left a black imprint on him. Pulling off her gloves, she reached up to wipe it off and he looked at her, then at her bare hands.

"Don't worry, Sat, I'm not seeking a premonition from you." Wylde laughed softly, wiping away the lipstick.

There was a time when she first learned of her 'gift' that she was afraid to touch anything in fear of seeing what she did not want to see. Uziel had taught her to control that fear, to harness and seek out a vision when she wanted to. The gloves, well, that protected other's. They feared her if she walked around without them and in no way did she want anyone scared of her. For everyone else's sake, she wore them. But what everyone else did not know, even Uziel and Sat, is that she could 'see' things with them on as well. She just kept that little secret to herself.

Satarel Castillon
Aug 10th, 2003, 12:49:31 PM
Figiting with his staff as she wiped the black smudge from his cheek, he stared at the ebony flooring, the dim light reflecting off the tiles eeriely. He was trying to figure out why he felt like this, why he was second guessing things and Wylde. Was it fear? was he afraid of this mission? No....he wasnt afraid of it, he'd been assigned more hazardous dealings than this one. And he knew Wylde could take care of herself, so he wasnt afraid of that either. What was he afraid of? Failure? No, couldnt be that either.....something hidden and out of touch is what was bothering him. It was something there that he couldnt put a finger on, he knew it lurked, but couldnt see. Always beyond reach it was.

" I know you would not take without asking Wylde, just....not used to being touched."

That was another thing, he was used to the affection of her friendly kisses on his cheek but the little thing with her hand on his cheek, her thumb brushing off the lipstick imprint was completely new. Uziel often talked about matters of the heart and always asked him when he would take someone of interest. He could never answer the elder of that question, he would always go silent and change the subject. He knew it would be a matter of time before Uziel had enough of that and stick to the question of that. Being the person he was, Satarel always thought of the work , never play. He was completely a stranger to anything else but. He knew soon he'd have to deal with that aspect of his life. But he didnt know how....he wondered if there would be someone to help him with that. He laughed inwardly to himself. Probably not, it would be something he would have to figure out all on his own. Thing is, where to start? He snapped out of his train of thought and pushed it back for the more pressing matters at hand. Like what the frell has got him so spooked about this assignment they were to partake in.

"Something is there Wylde.....I can not put my finger on it, but it is there none the less."

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 11th, 2003, 08:05:09 AM
Wylde suddenly looked at Sat, as if seeing him in a different light. A puzzled look came over her face and she quickly moved her hands away from him, placing them in her lap as she donned her gloves again.

"I-I'm sorry if me touching you makes you feel uneasy." Wylde said, getting up.

Wylde moved to the wall again, leaning against it and looked at Sat for a moment. For him to be actually worried about her and to voice it like he was, something else was going on. Wylde bit her bottom lip in thought and let out a sigh.

"I'm going to go find Uziel, Satarel." Wylde said. "I do not know what is going to happen on this mission. Am I scared? Yes. Am I excited? Frell yes. Will I be stupid? No. We just need to keep our eyes and ears open like we've been trained and we will do just fine."

Wylde watched him for a moment longer then let out a frustrated breath and quickly headed for the door.

Uziel
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:59:54 PM
After the Nehekara servant’s attended to Uziel needs, the Elder sat by himself and ate his dinner. The long lavish hall seemed unbearably quiet without his companion's and the thought of it led Uziel's mind back to the mission and the mysterious incident that had taken place by the pool side earlier that day. He pondered the thought of the "smokey eyes" that Wylde described seeing and what it meant. Even though the strangeness of its meaning eluded him at the moment, it still persisted and haunted him in a profound way that he couldn't quite shake.

After a moment, the Elder's right hand slipped around the wine goblet in front of him, lifting it only half way from the table, he paused. A look of revelation crossed his aged face, almost giving him a startled look that caught the attention of one the near by servant’s.

"My lord, is every thing ok and to your liking?" The young attendant questioned sincerely as he approached Uziel, his white gloved hands folded behind him as he came to stand at the Watcher's side. Instinctively the servant toped off the Elder's wine glass with a fluent grace and dexterity, without a single stray drop falling from the wine neck as he drew it back.

"Umm, yes...Everything is in order thank you...That will be all for now." Uziel shot the youth a pleasant smile as he arose from his chair and retrieved the goblet from the table. The young man slowly stepped away from Uziel with his eyes diverted from him out of respect, noticing before he did so that the Elder’s plate and its content's had hardly been touched.

It wasn’t long before the Seer was pressing his way back towards the Ka'da ah' Ak'da or what was better known to the denizen’s of Nehekara as the library of "Wisdom and Knowledge." There was something within its sacred chambers that drew the Elder Watcher at a frightening pace...Something he had over looked before that screamed out to his consciousness.

"How could I have been so foolish?" Uziel muttered under his breath as he rounded a corner to the long stretch that led directly to the Ka'da ah' Ak'da at its length’s end.

Satarel Castillon
Aug 12th, 2003, 10:15:08 AM
Letting her walk away seemed the best thing right now, no sense he go on about something she couldn't grasp. For one, he knew something was wrong and it dealt with her. And secondly, it wasn't he was uncomfortable with being touched by her, it was completely alien to him that he actually liked it. And that scared him as well. The staff made a softer *tap....tap* as he sat there figiting with it and gazed at the shimmering inky waters of the pool.

"Wylde......I am sorry. There are certain things you cannot see. Things only others can, and I know that frustrates you so."

Was whispered forth from him as he spoke to himself and lazily ran his fingers through the water creating an image of her in the ripples. He decided to stay there for a while to think things through before going before Uziel and then to Roon to meet this vampyre.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:18:34 AM
On her way to find Uziel, Wylde took a detour through another corridor, one that wasn't as brightly lit as the main one.

'Perfect.' She thought to herself as she began her way down it.

Wylde out stretched her arms, her finger tips touching the walls on either side of her as she walked along the corridor. Every so often she would reach up with one hand and bat at the hanging light from the ceiling, making it sway back and forth. Holding her head down, Wylde watched the floor as she made her way through, her mind going out and accepting all the images touching the walls gave her. She needed to get her mind off of the mission and especially Satarel for now. Things were changing and she did not know how to deal with them, most of all...why they were changing.

"Maybe Uziel would know." She whispered to herself as she made her way to the other end of the corridor. Opening the door, she stepped through it and then quickly walked to the dining room. She peeked in, letting out a breath of annoyance as Uziel was nowhere to be found.

"May I help you, Lordess Krymsin?" A young attendant asked. Wylde turned to her right to find a young man watching her carefully a few steps away. She had to smile, apparently he had heard of her talents.

"Lord Uziel...have you seen him?" Wylde asked.

"Oh yes, he was in here not too long ago." He answered quickly, his eyes going to where Uziel sat, his tray still there. "He did not eat his meal. Left here quickly, he did."

Wylde's eyebrows shot up in worry and looked to where Uziel had been.

"Did he touch anything?" She asked, walking to the table.

"The fork." He said, reaching for it.

"Do not touch it!" Wylde hissed, catching the attention of others in the dining hall. The attendant flinched and backed away quickly. "I am sorry." She murmured softly.

Wyld reached out with her hand and grabbed the fork, forgetting to take off her gloves. She closed her eyes and it only took a minute for her to pinpoint Uziel scurrying down a hallway. She laughed then stopped when she realized where he was going.

"I wonder why." Wylde whispered, opening her eyes to find the attendant staring at her hands. She followed his gaze and realized her mistake and nearly groaned aloud.

'Great, now everyone will know.' She sighed to herself.

"Thank you for your help." She said to the young man, turning on her heel to catch up to Uziel. Something had that old man in a hurry and she was going to find out exactly what.

Uziel
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:24:06 PM
Once the Elder passed the two guards’ at the end of the hall way, his walking pace slowed considerably. It was his intention not to draw any unwanted attention to himself and for good reason. As Uziel made his destined route through the neatly line row's of dark green marble pillar's and cherry wood book cases, his mind rested on an ancient tome he had not laid his eye's on in nearly two centuries. He was sure he had read something within it that now stirred his curiosity to the point of anxiety…

To Uziel's relief, there were only a few people that roamed the library of Ka'da ah' Ak'da. Nevertheless, he would have to remain cautious of everyone around him. After a short spell of navigating a number of turn's and seemingly endless rows of books, Uziel finally arrived at the spot he was seeking. It was a place in the far corner of the massive archive of book's and one secretive place that was only known to a few select Watchers’...

After Uziel sensed that the coast was clear, he stepped forward to one of the ordinary looking book cases and removed one of the many book's that rested on the shelf. Rising his ebony staff, Uziel carefully slipped the end of the slender shaft through the narrow crack where the book had once been. The tip of the Watcher's rod found the circular ringlet that was inset into the wall behind the case and with a gentle twist, that book case groaned then parted from the other cases to the left of the Elder.

The Elder Watcher quickly replaced the lone book back to its rightful spot then glanced in both direction’s before he pulled the case to the side with little to no effort, closing it behind him as he crossed its well hidden thresh hold. The descending passage beyond was pitch black and the arched corridor was heavily laden with thick web’s that indicated that no one had entered for quite some time now. Uziel excitement grew with each passing step inwards…

It wasn’t long before Uziel reached the secretive anti chamber far below the library, guided by the brilliant light that admitted from the white jewel atop his staff. Year’s of dust and web’s covered the vaulted room as he made his way through the clutter of chest’s and other nondescript boxes that were still neatly stacked in their same original spot’s.

As if it were yesterday, Uziel remembered the exact place where he had last left the finely tooled silver box. With a subtle grunt, the Elder pushed aside a large trunk then knelt down to the stone floor where a loose stone tile was noted. Uziel brushed his hand over the spot where he knew the prize to be, however, after a few failed attempt’s to remove the weighty stone, Uziel decided to take a more realistic approach,…Via the force. The heavy stone rattled in its place as Uziel’s hand hovered over it. The room was then filled with the faint sound of stone scraping upon stone as it levitated from its ancient bed…

After the Elder lowered the stone to the other side of the now exposed square hole, he leaned forward and shined the magical light over the opening in the floor. There within was a dark crimson cloth that resembled the shape of a small bundle…Reaching in, the Elder Seer slowly removed the item with a curtain love that only a mother could show for her child. The truth, if it be, now lay within his hand’s…

“We meet again my old friend.” The Elder Seer said in an almost whispered tone.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:30:05 AM
Wylde made her way to the library, catching the whispered conversations of Uziel making a rare appearance. Her eyebrow raised again as she entered the great library, stopping immediately at the wonderment of the huge library. It has been awhile since she herself and been here and it never ceased to amaze her how impressive this place was. A Cleric walked passed her and she reached out to stop him, watching as he flinched away from her. Wylde flinched herself, knowing that word had quickly spread about what happened in the dining room and she sighed, shaking her head.

"Lord Uziel, have you seen him?" She asked in annoyance, glaring at the Cleric. He did not speak, just pointed towards the last place he saw him and then hurried off. She watched him for a second, then muttered to herself that it was like she had just been discovered all over again, everyone scared of her as she was brought here to live. She thought she had gotten over that little insecurity, but she guessed she was wrong. Tears sprang to her eyes and she ripped off her gloves, throwing them into a nearby trash recepticle.

She finally stopped along a long isle and quickly placed a hand on a column of books, watching in her mind as to how Uziel made his way. Not surprised that he went through a secret passage way, Wylde followed his movements exactly, her eyes widening as she found her way to where Uziel stood, holding a covered bundle in his hands looking as if he had just discovered a major secret.

"Uziel?" She whispered softly, knowing he heard her as if she had spoken right in his ear. She slowly walked to his side, her eyes going to his face where she saw an expression mixed of awe and love. "Uziel?" She asked again.

Uziel
Aug 13th, 2003, 06:05:56 PM
After leaning his ebony staff against a bare wall not far from him, Uziel sat on the corner of the large chest he had moved just moments before. Carefully he unfolded the soft dark red fabric with one hand until the medium sized silver box came into his view. The skillfully crafted box had only a tiny latch to its front and numerous precious gem stone’s that adorned it’s exquisitely beveled lid. Distant memories flooded Uziel’s mind as he opened the silver lid to the small coffer. He knew if there was an answer to what troubled him, it would be there, inside…

The Elder lifted a small tome from the semi polished box, its hard leather like binding frayed at each corner’s only testified to the long years of its existence. As Uziel slowly opened the tome, the book made a slight creaking noise. The pages inside were now partially rotted and yellow with age. Nevertheless, it wasn’t what was written inside that concerned Uziel, it was what lay within its center that he sought after. Turning the pages to the middle of the book, a hidden hollow emerged, cut away perfectly to fit the mysterious object that lay inside the book’s innards. The illumination from the Elder’s staff caused the oblong crystal inside to glint as he studied it for a brief moment. It was a “Knowledge Rod”, a small crystal like receptacle that stored volumes of highly sensitive material within it. What was inside was something that only he knew of…And one other person that had died long ago...

Leaning forward, Uziel retrieved his staff from the wall. He then took the small rod from the book and proceeded to open a tiny spring loaded latch on the upper part of the staff. The small colorless crystal slid easily into the Watcher’s staff as if the two objects were made for one another. Just about the time Uziel was going to activate the staff, Wylde emerged from the shadows of the ancient storage room.

“Uziel…, Uziel?" The female Watcher whispered as she neared an area that was obscured by highly stacked trunks and a towering book case that loomed above her like a lumbering giant. The light of Uziel’s staff seeped through the small crack’s and crevices as she carefully made her way through to the light source ahead of her, ducking and sweeping away the old cob web’s in her zigzagging path.

“Yes my dear,…I’m over here. Come, there’s something important that I want you to see.” Uziel replied in a slightly surprised tone just ahead of her.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:01:32 AM
“Yes my dear,…I’m over here. Come, there’s something important that I want you to see.”

Wylde's eyebrows rose as she moved closer to Uziel. She had watched him place something in his staff and knew that what ever he was doing, was extremely important. She placed a soft hand on Uziel's shoulder as she took a seat next to him. She was suddenly flooded with images and she took her hand off of Uziel as if she had been burned. Wylde did not want to see anything from her teacher right then. What ever it was that she was to have seen was not important as to what was going on right then.

Wylde looked around the small room as Uziel worked with his staff. She had never known these small rooms existed before and for Uziel not to mention them, they most holding something precious, something important. She thought Satarel suddenly and of the original reason she had sought out Uziel and let out a quiet sigh. It would wait.

"Uziel," She softly said. "What is this? What is it you want me to see?"

Uziel
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:12:19 PM
"Uziel," Wylde questioned softly as her worrisome eye’s found him in a brilliant circle of light. "What is this? What is it you want me to see?"

The Elder stopped what he was doing as Wylde slowly sat by him on the large trunk. After the translucent crystal was securely in its place within the ebony staff, Uziel concerned eyes drifted to Wylde’s own. He knew immediately there was something troubling her, he could sense it and feel it when her hand rested on his shoulder just moment’s before. A choking cloud of confusion mingled with the unanswered question's of frustration she still had lingered in her heart. What he had to show her would have to simply wait for the time being. Wylde was like a daughter to him, a daughter that he never had, and her needs came first with him regardless of the thing's that surrounded him.

"Well, first thing's first my dear…What I wanted to show you can wait a bit." Uziel replied in a soft loving tone as he slipped his right arm around Wylde's shoulder. As the young Watcher lowered her eye's to the dusty floor, Uziel tilted his head downwards with hers, following her facial path as Wylde paused reluctantly.

"Do you care to talk about it?...You know I'm always here for you Wylde." Uziel voice, even though it was deep and pronounced, came out in a smooth whisper as he gave her a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:23:44 PM
Wylde gave him a small smile and then said,

"Can't put anything past you now, can I?"

Wylde leaned into him, her head resting on his shoulder as she found herself explaining to Uziel what transpired between herself and Satarel not too long ago and how she was starting to look at her best friend in a different way...things all strange to her. She admitted to herself and to Uziel that she realized she never really, truly loved Ice, that she was just infatuated with him and what he was.

She paused for a moment, too embarrassed to look at him and then continued to explain to him what happened in the dining hall and how everyone were now starting to treat her.

"I am sorry for keeping this from you, Uziel." She whispered. "I just felt the need to keep something like that secret...to give others some kind of peace of mind around me, you know?"

Wylde sniffled, wiping the tears from her eyes as she finally looked at him. Her cheeks reddened in embarrassement and she shook her head.

"Look at me, a Watcher reduced to a sniveling, whimpering female." She said, half jokingly.

Uziel
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:19:59 PM
Uziel listened intently to what Wylde had to say, her words were tipped with pain and frustration as she let her heart spill forth to him. The Elder had always known Wylde had harbored such feelings for Ice and that the event’s between her and Satarel were quickly changing. Nevertheless, with Uziel, there was a time and a place for all things’ and this was the moment he had waited for, on her own terms of course.

Now, now...You need not apologize to me for that Wylde...We all have our little secrets from time to time." Uziel smiled at her as he gently brushed a tear from her cheek.

"You know, I too have had other's in life look at me as something different from themselves, but that's what make's us so unique and special. Never mind what other's may say or think of you my dear. Just remember why we are turly here...We have a gift Wylde...Never be ashamed or embarrassed of that." The Elder paused in his sentence, lifting her gently by the chin until he gazed into her watery pools.

"Your talent's you were born with, to deny that would be to deny yourself child." The Elder smiled once again as he drew her into himself with a firm hug.

"And as for Ice and Satarel...Well, it's quite simple,...Thier men." Uziel let out a soft chuckle at his own words, trying his best to cheer Wylde and lift her spirit’s at the same time. The Elder gazed off into the darkness of the room as he went on.

"Satarel loves what he does. He believes in what he does so much, that it's become his life's breath...That's not a bad thing...It's just harder for him to deal with other issues such as love and relationship's...But it's there, inside...Perhaps waiting for the right woman to bring the best of it out...huh?"

The Elder did not elaborate on Ice, he knew as well as she that the Vampyre had chosen his own destined path long ago. And if Uziel could spare Wylde the pain of any other bitter thought’s further, he would protect her from it at all cost.

Satarel Castillon
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:30:54 PM
The waters of the pool rippled every so often from the mysterious errant breezes that blew through the Citadel's lower levels. the light from the small torches along the wall cast a golden hue and he gazed at his reflection and thought on things for a while. Before him was a strong image of a strong man, strong in will and spirit and his beliefs. Was not too much he feared, yet one thing.....himself. Fear to get close or allow someone to get close. He delved into his work so deep he relied on it to keep him going. Uziel had once told him he should slow down or it could consume him.......would consume him.

Satarel knew the elder was right to some extent. He finally realized he had been to caught up in his duty that life was in essense, passing him by. He felt funny....a weird sort of funny as Wylde had touched him. He was not used to that at all and in fear, possibly offended her. He was totally new to that sort of thing and it was all entirely alien to him. But was it actually what Uziel had called love? Or was it something entirely different? Whatever it was, it made him uneasy. He hoped it wouldnt affect his work when the time came to face the dark knight. That creature would exploit that in him as surely as he'd exploit that vampyre's over confidence. He smiled as he thought of how the death knight would react at being caught in one of his deciets. But at the same time, he was afraid of being caught in a snare himself.

His staff held firmly in both hands, Satarel swept his hand over the pool and it created an image of Lord Soth......He stood there, eyes fixed upon this powerful being and he issued his own challenge of wills at that point. This mission would be a success, they would mend the wounds of old. This would be the greatest thing the Watchers would do for their undead counterparts. A grand gift indeed. Another errant breeze came rushing down the hall and his robe billowed along with his pony-tail. The flames of the torches wavered and shadows danced as they bent to the will of the wind.

"Soon dark one, Soon we will make history.....a part in your story that will be worth writing."

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:44:43 PM
"And as for Ice and Satarel...Well, it's quite simple,...Thier men."

Wylde nearly laughed out loud at Uziel's matter-of-fact statement and she shook her head. When he spoke again of Satarel, she listenened closely, absorbing everything. Looking down at her hands, she smiled softly, knowing that Uziel was right. Her powers were a gift to behold, not to hide from others.

"Uziel..." She began but stopped...then tried again. "But why are things seeming like they are changing now, before this mission? When we are supposed to be at our mental best?"

Wylde got up and paced the small width of the room. She worried her bottom lip between her teeth like she always did while thinking and then stopped to look at Uziel.

"And do not think you are getting off scot-free from showing me that crystal, Uziel." She crossed her arms over her chest and tilted her head to the side, smirking at her friend.

Uziel
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:58:13 PM
"Uziel,..." Wylde paused in her sentence as she stood to her feet, walking a few paces from him then turning to face him once more.

"...But why are things seeming like they are changing now, before this mission? When we are supposed to be at our mental best?" Her questioning eyes looked for the answers in the Elder's own.

Uziel placed both hands on his upper thighs as he contemplated her sincere questions before he answered her back. He knew her concern's for the mission were now beginning to surface in thier fullest, and how the newly found feelings that she was experiencing might directly interfere with the task ahead...He could easily read that much now in her soft emerald green eye's. Uziel also was fully aware of Satarel's spoken word's to her in the hanger bay that put her at odds with him...Especially when it was only supposed to be a close friendship she had always maintained with the handsome young Watcher. Wylde's gentle touch on Uziel's shoulder prior had betrayed that vision to him alone...

"Well, I suppose there are many thing's in life that come to all of us most unexpectedly Wylde,...Even for us Watchers. Every corner we turn, every choice we make opens a new door to us...Closing the old ones behind as we travel down our destined paths,..." Uziel gestured with his right hand as he went on, speaking out of his own experiences from the past.

"...We take only what we can handle from that past and use it to focus on the thing's that lay ahead. It's figuring out with careful thought what it is that turly matter's in our life’s…What are the really important thing’s to us,...Here and now...After all, that’s all we have if you think about it...It is this moment in time...And over time, we are shaped and molded by what we know and have learned from our past experiences." Strangely, Uziel's seemingly cryptic words were not all that foreign to Wylde. There was a simple underlining truth to them, and yet at the same time, they were applicable to the entirety of the problem's she faced.

Lingering moments passed between them as Uziel sat silently, watching Wylde ponder his words as she paced the dusty floor in thought.

"And do not think you are getting off scot-free from showing me that crystal, Uziel." After a moment, Wylde turned then shot Uziel that all too familiar sassy look, folding her arms in front of her as she did so.

"Oh yes, of course...The crystal...I almost forgot." He said jokingly as he reached over and retrieved his black metallic staff from its resting place near the wall.

As Uziel stood, he activated the ebony rod, twisting a central section of it in a counter clock wise motion. Immediately after doing so, thin colorful stream’s of light projected from the top jewel on the Elder staff until an image of a man appeared in the darkness of the room...It was a man Wylde once knew,...A man that was once Uziel's master long ago...It was Jearus!

Wylde could remember all the stories that Uziel used to tell her when she was a small girl about Jearus. The fondness that Uziel displayed and demonstrated was written on his face every time he spoke of him. How Jearus took him off the hard beaten streets of his youth, hand picked him as a much coveted understudy of the Watcher Order. Everything that Uziel was taught and knowledge he possessed was because of this man that now stood before them both...

Nevertheless, Wylde found herself at that very same moment only knowing very little of legendary master and from what stories she heard of him through Uziel. As a little girl, her only distant memory's of Jearus was of a tall and kind wise-man, much like she was seeing him now depicted in the holo-image. She knew he had disappeared and was presumed dead sometime after the Dark War’s since no word to his whereabouts’ surfaced. After many long years of searching in vain, the Order finally gave up on the painful task and hope that one of their beloved leader’s was still among the living. The sacred Sarafan Order gave Jearus a funeral that was fitting for a king even though his body was never found…

When Wylde glanced over to her master, she could make out the unmistakable mask of pain that slowly etched its way across Uziel’s face as he looked on Jearus form once more. The faint yet noticeable line’s of despair after so many year’s was an indicator to Wylde that he too, like so many other’s, had given up long ago at the thought and hope that his master was still alive...A bitter hope that died when the empty golden casket was lowered into the soft temple soil of K'har Sian.

“~A disturbing thought fell over me today, racking my conscious while I was walking near the sacred pool, something I must also mention as well while I slept last night. I found myself setting up in my bed chamber’s pondering the thought of those emerald eye’s that haunted me for the last week…Always there in my minds eye…Watching me as if from afar…Even here at Nehekara.~” Jearus voice was smooth, yet tinged with a probing note of worry as he spoke. As his ghostly holo image past before Wylde and Uziel, the paterarch Watcher paced the cluttered room with his hands folded behind him. His aged face was now cast to the floor in a downwards gaze as if he were caught up in deep thought. His translucent form seemingly passed through the physical objects that were strewn about the dusty room as he went on in a troubled tone.

“~I fear she may still be alive,…Beyond any scope I can see at this point. Perhaps a cleverly disguised telepathic channel of sort’s…Hurmm…Is it possible that I could have miscalculated her demise at the cruel hand of her king?~” Jearus word’s trailed off as he folded his arm’s in front of him while he stroked the long thick hair’s of his snow white beard with a loving hand. His ageless eye’s seemed to gaze off into another dimension as he paused in thought, however. From Wylde and Uziel’s view, the old man only stared at a blank stone wall of the storage facility.

Satarel Castillon
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:23:21 PM
Sitting on the stone carved bench, bent forward with his finger and thumb massaging his forehead, Satarel had his eyes closed and was trying to take care of a headache he had just been assaulted with. He was looking at the image of Soth and concetrating on it for sometime. Wanting to connect with the vampyre to test the waters sort of speak, when a strong thrumming came about. He kept his gaze on the image a while longer before turning away. He smiled despite that knowing full well that the Death Knight also wondered who it was who had touched him.

"And so the game begins Lord Soth."

Taking a deep breath and lifting his head slowly with his eyes closed, Satarel recited his meditation sutra and put himself in a state of complete serenity. His staff laying across his lap, his hands gripping it softly yet firmly. Slowly he opened his eyes and most of the pain in his head had deminished.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 17th, 2003, 03:03:34 PM
Wylde gasped, her eyes tearing up as she watched the past unfold infront of her. She quickly glanced at Uziel to find the pain etched across his handsome face.

Things were coming undone at a rapid pace before this mission began and Wylde was starting to think that it was happening for a reason, not just being heaped upon them all at once. What she and Uziel were watching had a big part in this mission and she would question Uziel when she could. He knew something now that they would need to know before they left.

Something important.

Uziel
Aug 21st, 2003, 04:52:20 PM
Jearus spirital form lingered for long moment’s before he turned from where he stood in pondering thought. Faint serial images of back ground furniture and other objects of interest of that time period, along with the large oaken book shelf known to be within his study quarters appeared like ghosts from another era of time. Jearus at this captured moment in time was the head Watcher of his order and a man well off into his late sixties. Even though the patriarch Watcher was far older then he appeared, Wylde could still tell from her vantage point that the long centuries had taken its toll on this legendary man from her past. His form was slightly hunkered and bent now, his hand’s were gnarled with age, yet his stark blue eye’s glimmered with a curtain sharpness, a pronounced wisdom within them framed by the deep crow line’s that only testified to the mortal coil’s that still held him captive to the world he once lived in…

“~Before their decline into obscurity, I myself have personally chronicled their family ancestry long before the time of the Dark War’s. When they ruled uncontested and all the surrounding system’s bowed to their jurisdiction…At the zenith and pinnacle of their reign when the King’s hand was heavy and mercy was but a fleeting thought Uziel… You must be ever mindful of this group of Dark-ling’s,…They are the binding link for a future that still lay’s ahead. You will know the time when it present’s its self to you…~” Jearus paused once again before he went on, his eye’s now seemed to be resting on Wylde and Uziel, or so they thought as he faced them.

“~It is the fate of the Order to confront this matter when it should arise…Indeed, there will be other minuscule faction’s, small branching group’s from this blood line, however, they are of no consequence nor any real threat to this genealogy or that of the blood pack. The true key rest’s on Roon. This is where the heart of the prophecy resides. Be tentative and Watchful of them my brother…For there is another who’s hand will stretch forth from the outer darkness, seeking to cut off and destroy the very fabric of their kind…It is he that once walked among them from the beginning, one who was most trusted within their hierarchy…I have seen that he will not stop until he’s accomplished his sinister plan of eradication...A plan as you know that the King himself had failed at. If you and the Order should fail at the moment of opportunity my apprentice, all will be lost…As I have foreseen, “if” it should come to pass, the great war will then ensue and all their kind will be no more. I have left this knowledge entrusted to you young Uziel, and for the other’s when this terrible shadow should fall...Remember what I’ve taught you…Nothing is ever what it seems...It is now up to you to piece this strange puzzle together my friend.~” The soft scintillating colors of Jearus image slowly faded from Wylde’s and Uziel’s view as the light from the Watcher’s staff pulsated then returned back to normal. Uziel said nothing at first as he looked to the ground and slowly stroked the short hairs of beard much like his master was accustom to doing while in deep thought.

“We must move quickly Wylde…We haven’t much time…It was not the Queen Mother as I had expected. The alliance must be made now. I will explain on our way to the hanger bay…Contact Satarel and tell him to meet us there and to ready his ship…You two are too leaving at once.” The Elder’s tone of voice was serious and to the point as he removed the “knowledge crystal” from his staff then placed it back into the small silver box.

Satarel Castillon
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:13:26 AM
The Oracle's main engines were humming. Satarel sat at the helm and was prepping the systems for departure. He was pressing a few buttons on the control panel of the pilot's station and reached up to his right to flip a few switches. The power couplings engaged and other systems on board started up. It was time to leave for Roon. He was feeling Excitement and fear all at the same time. He was going to face one of the Shrine members, something that had not been done in hundreds of years. Since the split of the original caste. Everything was now ready for lift off and all was needed was the two other Watchers he waited for. And he also thought of Kit, he hoped she fared as well too, the young Watcher had endured much no doubt since she departed Khar' Sian. He could hear the faint footfalls of the two as they boarded the ramp.

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:01:16 AM
Wylde boarded the ramp with Uziel in tow. She placed her staff next to Satarel's then threw her bags onto the floor. She turned to see Satarel at the helm and paused briefly, as if she could not move. Snapping out of it, Wylde looked wide eyed at Uziel, moving quickly to hug him tightly.

Uziel patted her back in fatherly affection and she smiled, knowing he still disapproved of her choice not to don the Watcher robes. Her choice of clothing always raised his eyebrows, but he was wise to never voice his opinion. Wylde had Uziel pacing the corridor infront of her quarters as she stopped off to change into a pair of black leather pants, a white shirt with the sleeves ripped off and half the length ripped off as well to show her firm abdomen. Three inch wide black straps were tied around her biceps and as she opened her door, she was pulling on her signature piece of clothing, her black boots. When she looked up at Uziel, his face was masked except for the raised eyebrow and she started to laugh, reaching up to kiss his cheek.

Wylde heard movement behind her and knew Satarel was coming to meet them. She looked down to her hands, realizing she had put a pair of gloves on in habit and shook her head. She pulled them off, handing them to Uziel.

"I do not need those anymore." She laughed, smirking at him. Wylde quickly looked at Satarel to find him looking at Uziel with a questioning look.

"I will tell you about it on the way to Roon." Wylde sighed, glancing at her black nails. "Are we ready to depart?"

Uziel
Aug 23rd, 2003, 05:40:47 AM
As the two Watcher’s hurriedly made their way to the docking facility deep blow Nehekara complex, Uziel briefly explained to Wylde the story of Chriton and his immense hatred for the Dark-ling’s on Roon as well as the Blood Pack there on K'har Sian. How he at one time served the King of the Damned on Roon as the top imperial general of his commanding forces before his supposed demise. During that time, this greatly feared and despised Vampyre equally shared the same ill convictions that his master secretly manifested towards any and all spawned underlings, less their royal blood line…Not long after, they made good on their impending threat.

Nonetheless, the tyrant King and Chriton himself would have fully succeeded in their destructive plot, killing countless fledglings over a span of only a few short years in great hunts before fate finally intervened…Their numbers mysteriously dwindled, even within the royal courts of the Shrine. However, it was Queen Ashiva herself that would end up thwarting their odious plans. She killed her lover and king in a fit of rage while he slumbered after she soon discovered the vile and loathsome truth about her beloved children’s destruction that had been hidden from her before hand. Chriton fled for his life as his master’s badly mutilated and severed body burned at the order and command of the Queen. He managed to elude Ashiva for many years’ thereafter, and eventually his name and whereabouts’ faded into obscurity. Even Jearus had lost his paranormal sight over the elusive and chaotic vampyre…Yet he firmly believed and was convinced that Chriton would someday come back and claim the Roon throne for himself…

Uziel went on to explain also how he now believed that this Dimi-Vampyre was somehow responsible for the odd and mysterious happenings that took place over the last few weeks at the Nehekara fortress. Jearus earlier prophetic words seemed to confirm Uziel’s worst fear’s and suspicions, it all made sense now to the Elder Watcher. “Was it possible that Chriton was now making his foretold claim and bidding for the supreme reins of power over all the known vampyre’s throughout the vast galaxies and rim systems that Jearus spoke of…Was the return of Chriton at hand?”...The troubling thought played in the back of Uziel’s mind as they neared the hanger bay elevator. Uziel was aware of a failed coup attempt by a mysterious vampyre many year’s before against the Coven on Tinn Vl during the ~Tae Vul-nuel boluea’.~(The blood line split)…Could this have been the spurned general of old?,...The Elder pondered as the elevator door’s hissed shut and the two Watcher’s descended at a rapid pace. And “if” Jearus uncanny prediction’s proved to be correct, the “Great Shadow War” was now looming on the distant horizon…So far, the Elder Seer Jearus had never been wrong…

“Lord Soth is the key Wylde. It is imperative that you convince and steer him back here to K'har Sian. If he concedes with our proposal and Count Fulkrehm treaty, it will open the door wide to Saurron himself…We must not fail.” Uziel finished as he entered the Oracle on the heel’s of Wylde.

After a few exchanged glances between the three Watchers, Uziel leaned forward and gave Wylde a tight hug as the heavy turbo lift quickly delivered the craft to shuttle tarmac...Without word’s, Wylde knew what he meant by it…His touch alone told her that much. Uziel’s piercing blue eye’s then trailed over to Satarel, and with a confirming nodding to the young man, the Elder Seer exited the Oracle’s landing ramp.

“Contact me as soon you arrive on Roon,…I will await your transmission.” Uziel gruff voice rose above the whine of the Oracle’s engines as it slowly lifted off the ground. As the highly polished metallic ramp door retracted, Uziel’s last glimpse rested on Wylde as they made eye contact. The Elder Watcher face was now etched with curtain pride that he had for the two as he stood there stoically with his hand’s folded behind him.

“The great end of life is not knowledge but action,…And swift are the arrow’s that they carry.” Uziel whispered to himself softly as the Oracle shot for inky curtain of space.

Satarel Castillon
Aug 23rd, 2003, 09:52:39 AM
Khar' Sian was now a small orb behind them as the Oracle made her journey to the planet of the damned. Satarel was busy setting the course for the jump to hyperspace, buttons clicked as familiar fingers moved about them. Satarel looked at Wylde and nodded, giving her the signal he was about to commit them to their task at hand. Taking a deep breath and holding it for a few seconds, he slowly let it out and smirked at his partner.

"Are we ready?"

At her curt nod of acknowledgement, he pressed another button and pushed a small lever and the stars outside blurred and shot into a caliedescope of irridescant light, and the Oracle disappeared. Once in hyperspace, Satarel got up and moved about the ship, making sure things were running smoothly, although they were and he had nothing to really worry about, it was his way. Always keeping busy. As he busied himself with the jump computer he spoke aloud so Wylde could hear.

"So, Anything important we need to know? I did see Uziel's face and it spoke volumes of something I did not know about. Care to clue me in?"

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:54:42 AM
Wylde fiddled with the buckle on her boots for a minute before turning to fill Satarel in on everything Uziel had talked about before they reached the ship. She saw him glance quickly at her hands and she felt herself blush.

"Um..." Wylde started, then started to laugh softly. "I never needed to wear gloves, Sat. I could see things with or without them on."

She watched as Sat's eyebrow raised and she quickly went back to explaining about the importance of Lord Soth and how they needed to 'win him over', so to speak. Wylde glanced sideways at Satarel as he kept himself busy with the controls and she smiled, shaking her head. 'Mr. Busy' was his nickname at home, whether he knew it or not.

It grew quiet in the cabin and Wylde turned to look out the window, watching the stars go by. She worried her bottom lip with her teeth, her mind on the oncoming mission. A glance back at her staff made her relax a bit.

Still...something about the mission was bothering her and neither touching Satarel or Uziel gave her the answers she sought. That bothered her even more.

Satarel Castillon
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:06:42 PM
"Indeed? Well, that must be a relief to you now. You won't have to worry about keeping your hands hidden."

He answered as he kept busy with the controls. His back facing her as he talked. He looked over his right shoulder to see her watching him and smiling as she shook her head.

"What is so funny Wylde? hmmm? Something I should know?"

A smirk played on his face as he worked the switches and buttons on the navcom.

Wylde Krymsin
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:50:42 PM
"Something you should know?" Wylde repeated, her cheecks beginning to flush. She shook her head quickly and turned away from him to look out at the window. "There's nothing Sat, just have my mind on the mission. We should be coming upon Roon soon. I am 'excited' to see if Lord Soth is all he is cracked up to be."

She offered Satarel a smirk of her own, a small shiver running down her spine when she mentioned Lord Soth's name. An eyebrow raised in question, then lowered as she put that thought behind her.

"Let's get there quickly as we can, Sat." She murmered softly, her index finger going to her lips to chew on her nail with her teeth in thought.

Satarel Castillon
Sep 4th, 2003, 11:09:13 PM
"There's nothing Sat, just have my mind on the mission. We should be coming upon Roon soon. I am 'excited' to see if Lord Soth is all he is cracked up to be."

Buttons clicked as he nodded to acknowledge her. His back still faced her, he still kept busy at the system before him.

"Let's get there quickly as we can, Sat."

Glancing over at the chrono, he placed the datapad down and moved back to the pilot's station. Settling back in his chair, swivling to face the controls, fingers flipped and clicked switches as the stars themselves stopped the spinning caliedescope effect of hyperspace and came back to their pinpoint on black velvet once more.

"You do not have to wait long Wylde, for there beyond that, lies Roon."

A finger pointed to the far off asteroids, which hid the dark planet. "Cloak of the sith" it was called. But the Watchers had been navigating it for hundreds of years so far. And Satarel had made the trek numerous times on assignments from Uziel.

"You want to see what this Soth is made of? You'll get your chance soon enough my friend. As will I. "

A sigh escaped his lips as he manuevered through the space floating rocks of the "cloak". Hands carefully, and gracefully worked the control switches on the pilots station.

"I hope Kittiarra fares well, it has been some time since her last transmission to the Citadel."

Wylde Krymsin
Sep 5th, 2003, 07:57:24 AM
Wylde barely heard Satarel as she stared out the window, her mind on Lord Soth. Just his name brought on an unexplainable excitement in her all she wanted to do was get to Roon and find him. She slyly looked at Satarel out of the corner of her eye, hoping he had not caught on to her. When ever she began to think of Lord Soth, he hand always known.

'Am I that transparent?' She laughed to herself, keeping the smile from her face.

She leaned back into the chair, bringing up a booted foor to rest on the corner of the control panel. She thought of Uziel and her features softened as she hoped he would not die of boredom while she was away.

Running her hands through her bright pink hair, Wylde let out a sigh and turned to look at Satarel as he spoke of Kittiarra. She nodded in agreement with him, wondering if she was ok herself.

"We shall see, Sat." She smiled, reaching out to touch his arm to comfort him.

Satarel Castillon
Sep 7th, 2003, 01:39:15 AM
Smiling back at Wylde as she meant to relax him from worry, Satarel guided the Oracle through the atmosphere of Roon. Landing at the spaceport facility they ran he opened the rampway of the Oracle and gathered what he needed. He donned his ceremonial bloodred velvet cloak and grabbed his staff. Pulling the cowl over his head, he stopped at the top of the ramp and waited for Wylde to join him.

"Are you absolutely ready Wylde?"

He asked as she approached him.

" Time is now and I am ready. Just remember, stay focused, stay the course."

Wylde Krymsin
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:53:31 AM
Wylde stood, grabbing her vinyl jacket as she did. Slipping it on, she saw Satarel's comic look as he glanced at his robe and then at her. She smiled and blew a kiss at him, then walked back to grab her staff.

"Are you absolutely ready Wylde?" He asked. Wylde turned her green eyes upon him and smiled.

"You know I am, Sat." She said, her grip tightening on the staff. A small shiver ran down her spine again she immediately thought of Lord Soth and what was to come. It was anyone's guess since her peeks into the future were not telling her anything.

Uziel
Sep 9th, 2003, 01:29:03 PM
The Oracle was well on its way to Roon now, destined to meet with one of the main hierarchy of the Shrine clan. The dreaded Death Knight was to meet with Wylde and Satarel in a designated location on the planet’s surface while Kittiarra awaited their arrival incognito. The importance of this mission was extremely detrimental to the treaty process that Count Fulkrehm and Uziel had agreed upon at the patriarch’s reluctance. The burdensome task of its success and the final outcome now all rested on the theses three young Watchers whom risked everything, even their very lives to see it fulfilled. A mergence that Jearus himself had foreseen long ago, a long awaited dream and an age ole prophecy he had never lived long enough to see.

As Uziel entered the comfort of his lavish study, he hurriedly made his way to the small table that sat near the corner of the chamber. There atop an elegant table rested a sophisticated device that seemed out of place amongst the eccentric surroundings and décor of the room. With an almost loving care, Uziel placed his ebony staff next to the table before he activated the holo-cron. His right hand slipped to the small key pad on the rim of the device, effortlessly keying in a complicated command. Within moment’s, the hailing frequency opened to a semi-clear transmission to Kittiarra. The young female’s translucent blue image flickered to life on the small circular pad, indicating that the long range scanner was successful.

“They should be arriving shortly my dear…They will contact you as soon as they arrive on Roon,...” Uziel said firmly, folding his arms within the soft cuff’s of his robe before he went on...

“…I trust all the necessary arrangement’s are in place?” The last of Elder Watchers sentence was finished in a questioning tone as Kittiarra’s ghostly blue form turned to face him.

Kitiarra
Sep 12th, 2003, 10:34:26 AM
Kiti sat with her back braced firmly against an outcropping of rocks. Her azure blue eyes looking up into the purple moon of Roon. She had been there for some time now, away from her watcher family. She was amongst the race who knew little or nothing of her. One she had come to view as her extended family. The vampires had always held a fascination for the girl, with there elegant ways that none could match. They were in an essence the most perfect race, deadly and timeless, with an air of stylish grace that seemed to grow with each day that passed.

Each watcher was given a certain Vampyre to watch exclusively. One they would come to know better than even themselves. Kiti had been watching Alana Stormcloud, The Sith Lordess, the Vampyre Seductress who had no boundaries. Kiti knew of her whole life, human and immortal. With Alana she had watched the many lovers come and go and now it seemed the wayward heart of Alana had been captured. The one called Kolarik, a handsome, boyish, yet deadly knight of the Shrine. The young watcher now studied both.

Closing her eyes Kiti thought back about her own life or her lack there of one could say. She had never been good with people, with those of her own kind she was unsure and awkward. Amongst the vampires or on the fringes of there eternal lives she was utterly sure of herself. She knew that she would more than likely die by the hands of those she studied but for her it was a risk she was willing to take. There were none like them, none made with such perfection.

When the Holocron began to beep Kiti swallowed before keying it to life. They were coming, the other watchers, she should have been pleased and in a sense she was. But with them came change, a change she did not relish in the least.

“They should be arriving shortly my dear…They will contact you as soon as they arrive on Roon,...”

“…I trust all the necessary arrangement’s are in place?”

Uziel's voice sounded, sending a rush of remembered warmth through Kitiarra. The one person who understood her, he was a mentor as well as a father figure to many. He loved the Vampyre race as much as she.

"Yes Master Uziel, all is ready." She said nothing else, for her words were meaningless. She would only fumble over them if she said too much anyway. Kiti's heart clenched at the thought of seeing Satarel again, he was as studious as she, though he seemed to not have her problem with people like her. Kiti had admired him from afar, not unlike Alana, wanting to have what she could not attain. For Kiti it would stay that way forever.

Looking to the side, her eyes found a small dying flower that her pack had crushed. A grimace of regret filled her pretty face. She hated death, perhaps that is why immortality was so enticing. Kiti let her hand hover over the crumpled form of the flower, calling on her one ability that was inherent. She was a healer, the force had some to do with it but it was her race that had given her the capability. Bringing life back to that which hovered at the dark realm of death. A slight smile curved the full corners of her mouth as the small stem lifted and the bloom released its sweet scent into the night, revealing in its new found life........

Satarel Castillon
Sep 13th, 2003, 03:34:49 AM
A robed figure walked among the denizens of the sleepy little township. The night's air caressed his face gently from inside his cowl. The bloodred cloak fluttered in the wind and his staff made a slight "tap, tap" sound as he walked forward. The people he passed neither looked at him or even knew he was there. He was just a shadow, a phantom to them. One of many force techniques taught to the watchers to save them from detection from the ones they kept tabs on. He silently positioned himself in an alleyway between two small buildings and waited in the shadows for his contact.

He stood there leaning against the wall, hidden from the rest with his mind trick. He felt the person approach and a smile crept onto his face. He slightly turned to face the shadow that stood next to him. A person he had not seen for a long time.

"You're late."

Kitiarra
Sep 14th, 2003, 05:57:06 PM
Kiti was not late she in fact had been very early. But had hidden herself from Satarel, just as she hid her adoration, locked deep within her polished mind. She had watched him approach, his deliberate footsteps and the tapping of the staff. She had longed for him for what seemed like an eternity and for Kiti it would be an eternity before she could face the prospect. Though still on Roon, within her element, she suddenly and as always became unsure of herself. Looking for the right words to speak to another did not come easy for the young watcher.

"You're late."

Swallowing Kiti stepped forward, her eyes lowered as she bowed to her fellow brother of an ancient sect. "Forgive me Sat it will not happen again."

"There that should work." She thought to herself. Looking up into his eyes, his face that she knew every curve of, she could not hide the blush that tinged her cheeks crimson.

Umm I....I.... It is....Good, I mean it's good your here." She stumbled over her words. "All is ready Sa...Satarel, where’s Wylde?" She never spoke very many words, she in fact could go for long periods of time without it. To Kitiarra speaking was a waste of time.

There were many who wondered why someone so unsure, so uncomfortable with themselves had been chosen to be a watcher. She was not good with people, not good with even herself. But then there were those who knew how sharp her mind became when in her element of study, or how deadly her small frame could be in an instant if confronted. Kiti had been raised by a race that did not use words with one another, nor did they use any form of affection. There lives were devoted to there own inner working of the mind and of the world around them. Not of humanity but of why one lived and died. Love was not a familiar thing and for Kiti too feel as she did about Sat only threw her further into a state of confusion.

Satarel Castillon
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:21:00 PM
The hood of his cloak fell back as his hand swept it off. He turned to face a distant alcove and nodded to it, as if to say 'She's right over there'. It had been too long since he last saw the youngest of the watchers. Hers had been an even ardious journey. Plus it kept her isolated from the others of the order. He reached out and brought her in for a hug. She had been missed and he was glad to see her unharmed as well.

"Wylde is there in that alcove...waiting for us to start the proceedings for this meeting with the shrine vampyre. It's so good to see you Kitiarra! I trust you have been well? You look well.....Come, lets grab Wylde and then start this."

He turned and headed off to the place across the street where Wylde was hidden. He looked back to make sure Kitiarra was following him. When he seen she was, he smiled and turned his head back forward. Tonight was night like no other....the air you could cut with a knife. Thats how tense it was for him deep down. He wondered if the others were as apprehensive as he was about the whole thing. Something had him spooked, and he only caught wind of it the second he turned. Wylde more than likely could see it on his face as he approached.

Wylde Krymsin
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:32:38 PM
Wylde moved away from the building she was leaning against, smiling when she saw Kiti behind him. She nodded her head Kiti's way and then turned to look at her friend, knowing something was going on.

"What is it. Sat?" She asked, reaching to place a hand on him, then thought second about it. If something had him troubled, he would tell her, she would not seek it from him that way. She had already seen the premonitions to come and nothing seemed out of the ordinary so far. If Sat was 'spooked', something new was going on.

"Sat?" She repeated, taking a step closer.

Kitiarra
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:14:09 PM
Kiti glanced over into the darkened alcove that Sat had motioned too. She could see nothing of Wylde such was there way. She nodded and turned back to Satarel as he pulled her into a hug. Her body stiffened in his arms automatically. To be touched was a foreign thing to the young watcher. Her arms did not embrace back though they desperately wanted too. Too feel as all others felt, to respond with as much feeling, would have been a wonderus thing for Kiti.

When he released her, she almost leaned forward for a second more of his touch but her nature stopped the motion. Her finger came to her lip in a nervous gesture.

"Um ok...." Her voice shook slightly and she hoped he did not notice it. Her eyes followed him with longing as he walked away toward Wylde's hiding place. Kiti followed close and watched with interest as the dynamic woman who stepped from the shadows. She was truly a beauty to behold. Kiti had always envied the pink haired girl. Wishing she could be like her, so outgoing, so free. Wylde was everything Kiti wanted to be.....

"Hullo Wylde." She whispered under her breath. Just loud enough for them to hear.....

Satarel Castillon
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:27:14 AM
He stopped and seemed to be thinking, his eyes slowly moving back and forth like he searched for something. Yes, it was there...or should he say, it was coming. Something was amiss and it dealt with the whole situation. Something had gone wrong and they had very little time. He had been assigned to watch one of the bloodpack, Quinlin Torr. And through the years built a connection with him as others have done with the ones they were partnered off with. The feeling he got was Quinlin was coming, he didn't know why but he was. That spelt trouble for the mission as well as the treaty.

" Wylde, Kiti....We must act quickly. Time is a luxory we do not have, and it is running away from us as the wind."

He started to walk faster to the Inn where they were to meet Soth. He stopped and turned back to the two women and his face was ashen.

"Something has happened....Quinlin of the bloodpack is coming, and where he goes, the pack usually follows.....that is not a good thing. For years they were told to never set foot upon Roon's soil. But now I feel something terrible has happened to change all that."

He looked at Wylde knowing she had connections with the pack also. If he could feel Quinlin, she could feel Ice as well.

"Wylde, can you confirm the pack is with him? Can you feel Ice on his way?"

Gray eyes watched her closely waiting for the answer he wanted to hear, that they weren't coming. He glanced over at Kiti who watched him with a look he couldn't place, at least not yet. He had too much on his mind right now to figure it out. He turned his attention back to Wylde who stood there trying to reach out to her Vampyre.

Wylde Krymsin
Sep 15th, 2003, 07:58:47 AM
Wylde grinned at the quiet Kiti again and then turned her attention back to Satarel.

"The Bloodpack? Here?" Wylde asked, her eyes wide. "That cannot be possible!"

She walked away from the two, her mind reaching out to find Ice, but found nothing. Suddenly alarmed, she reached out to Ice's lifemate, another charge she had been assigned to to watch along side Ice and found her. Wylde cried out, feeling faint from the pain strongly eminating from Redeemer.

"No....it cannot be." She whispered, searching deeper into Redeemer's feelings. She gasped when she felt Redeemer push her away, feeling as if she had physically slammed her up against a wall. Wylde paled considerable and her eyes grew even wider as she turned to look at Satarel. Tears threatened to fall and her bottom lip quivered.

"Y-you are r-right, Sat." She answered shakily. "They are here."

"But why? That is not part of the original pact that was made! They are endangering - "

"Sat!" Wylde cried, cutting Satarel off. The next words were the hardest she ever had to speak. "Ice...Ice is dead. They-they are here to avenge him."

Satarel Castillon
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:50:13 AM
Gray eyes set on Kiti as Satarel spun on his heels to face her. A hand gently placed on her shoulder, his voice soft but serious. Things not of thier control were taking place and his mission, THIER mission was in jeopardy. So was the peace process to bring the two splintered factions back together again. Too much was at stake right now, alot of work could be lost to this, they had to make haste.

" Kiti, is everything set in place? Like, right now? Please say it is."

All he needed to hear right now was that all was set and ready to go that very minute. If it was, Soth would be waiting and all they had top do was march in there and set it before him. If not, then they had something none of them ,not even Uziel himself could have anticipated.......a problem.

Kitiarra
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:12:48 AM
Kiti's face took on a frown of worry. Not so much for themselves but for the vampires that resided on the dark planet. They were and had always been the most important thing to the young watcher. To hear and see the panic in the eyes of Wylde sent a shiver down her spin. Ice, one of the bloodpack, was dead. It did not bode well. Kiti sent out tendrils of the force, searching for the link to Alana and Kolarik. When she felt it, felt them and that they were all right, her panic resided to worry.

"They cannot come here!" It was a simple statement, but behind it was an anger at what would happen if they did. Kiti did not want the balance of the Shrine vampires to be disrupted in any way.

“Kiti, is everything set in place? Like, right now? Please say it is."

Turning to Sat she nodded."Yes, all is set. Has been for some time now."
With that statement they could see a change in the girl. Her unsure ways leaving her quickly as she set her mind on the ones who held her attention the most. The family who knew her not. Her eyes sharpened as she kept the link to Alana open, dangerous in its own sense due to the fact that the mistress of the Shrine might feel her minds touch. Kiti was willing to risk it if only for reassurance sake that the two vampires would be ok.

The watcher pulled her staff from her pack, toggling the small switch that would activate it. It would render anyone, including a Vampyre unconscious at a touch. Its sole purpose was to allow Kiti time to escape if needed. Kiti knew the motto of the watchers was to never get involved with those they watched. Kiti did not think she could stand idly by if any harm were to come to Alana or Kolarik. She knew they would kill her as soon as look upon her mortal face but that did not matter, what mattered to her was that the vampires of Roon would be untouched.

Wylde Krymsin
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:46:28 PM
Wylde swallowed the immense pain she was feeling for her dear friend Ice. She had felt the pain Redeemer was going through and wished she could be there to help her through it somehow. She knew Ice had loved Redeemer with everything he had and Redeemer the same way, for that, Wylde's loyalty was her's no matter what.

"We have to get to the bottom of this." Wylde thought aloud. "Quinlin, Redeemer and their mortal are here on Roon. We've got to find Lord Soth, we need to meet with him as soon as possible...and under no circumstances, I mean none...do we tell Lord Soth of what we have learned."

She looked at Kiti and then at Satarel for a moment, her eyes going back to Kiti to find her demeanor changed. She knew Kiti felt about the Roon vampyires as Wylde felt about the Bloodpack. She loved them dearly and would do anything to protect them.

"No one else will be hurt in this, Kiti." She promised and she would make frelling sure it would stick, even if it meant her life.

Satarel Castillon
Sep 16th, 2003, 12:10:50 AM
"Alright, let's go. We haven't much time left."

The bloodred cloak billowed as he walked briskly to the Inn they were to meet Lord Soth. Occasionally looking back to make sure they followed close behind. His marbled staff making its tap tap tap as he went. Approaching the doors, he slowly made his way inside, using the "hiding" skill taught to him, he made himself unseen as he looked around the room. And there he was, the Death knight himself, leaning back casually in his chair, in all his deathly glory. Taking in this vampyre, Satarel's eyes narrowed a bit.....He was an impressive sight to behold indeed.

With the two other Watchers behind him, Satarel moved closer to the table. As he stopped near it, he waited for the others to take thier places near him and then he finally made himself known to the wonder before him. To Soth, it looked as though he appeared with the changing of the lighting in the tavern itself. A bloodred cloaked figure with two others, was simply...there.

"Lord Soth, we have been awaiting this day for centuries. Your deeds preceeds you great one. We bid you greetings and salutations."

The stranger before Soth bowed at the waist, this was the opening for Wylde or Kiti to interject as next, then it would be the third to say something. Then business with Soth would begin.

Wylde Krymsin
Sep 16th, 2003, 07:50:23 AM
The inn was how she expected it to be as they walked in and just as it probably happened to the other's, her eyes were drawn immediately to Lord Soth. Wylde felt a shockwave run through her at the sight of him, her breath taken away for a moment. She did not let her reaction to him show on the outside, but she would bet her premonition talent he knew. She smirked, her dark colored lips curling up at the sides slowly into a smile. Wylde cleared her throat and immediately cleared any and all expression off her face as she moved to stand next to Satarel. She was thankful when she spoke, her voice came out strong.

"Lord Soth, it is an honor to meet you." A smile finally won out and it appeared on her lips. "We look forward to working with you to get the two factions...running smoothly again."

Wylde slammed up the mental walls in her mind, keeping the sorrow she felt for Ice locked up tight. She did not want anything to ruin what they had worked for so long for.

Lord Soth
Sep 17th, 2003, 04:40:53 PM
A heavy rain fall beat down on the Roon Stone’s tiled roof like a relentless drumming hand as the two Shrine vampyres sat undisturbed in a darkened corner of the well known pub. No idle words were spoken between master and apprentice as they awaited the outlander’s arriviel, an appointment that was set up a few days prior through a mutual contact on Roon. However, the Death Knight and Dathomir Witch could only assume what theses strange matters and events would pertain too. Nevertheless, time was a luxury they both could afford…And over time, some of the deepest and darkest secrets of life could be unearthed and unraveled. That is of course,…If the right questions were carefully asked and one was a creature of the damned...

Within the hour, the doors to the taveren opened to the chilled air outside. A local drunkard that frequented the bar entered and immeditly made his way to the counter as usual. Soth’s narrowed eye’s shifted to the man for a moment then back to the door that was slowly closing in the sluggards wake….He was not alone…

Even though theses new arrivals were guised by some unseen force, perhaps the bending of light or even by some enchantment of sorts, Soth could still sense and feel their presence. Strangely enough, his vampyre eyes did not detect them at first until they just materialized at the side of his table where he sat with Virrana’h.

"Lord Soth, we have been awaiting this day for centuries. Your deeds precedes you great one. We bid you greetings and salutations." The man with the strange looking staff stated as he looked to the Death Knight with a hearty smile. The pink haired woman at his side also greeted the Sith master in much the same manner, yet there was something that she said that caught Soth’s attention almost immeditly.

"Lord Soth, it is an honor to meet you…We look forward to working with you to get the two factions...running smoothly again." Wylde finished cheerfully, offering Soth and Tei a pleasant smile.

Before Soth replied, he looked the outlanders up and down with a menacing glance. After what seemed like long moments had past between them, the Death Knight took a deep sip of his blood wine then slowly lowered the chalice and gestured for them to sit across from him and his understudy.

“Two factions,…Coming together again? Interesting... And what is this,…So called faction that you two represent?” Soth questioned them suspiciously as he leaned back and steepeled his long vampyre fingers together.

Virrana'h Tei
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:01:29 PM
Virrana'h barely bothered to acknowledge the new arrivals. As it was, the remote look she gave first Satarel, then Wylde was all the evidence to show their presence even registered with her.

The Dathomir sat silent, reverently allowing her Master to helm whatever conversation would transpire. She was noble in her disdain for these newcomers. Many a war council had she sat upon while she had lead her Wailing Swamp Clan. But now, she took on the role of learner, listener and if need be, protector, of the man beside her.

Tei did not move a muscle, but with an unnatural discipline, she kept a stoney vigil on the Watchers across from her.

Satarel Castillon
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:25:01 AM
"I will explain all to you Great Soth, but first I must apologize for my rudeness."

Gray eyes turned to the female vampyre, and Satarel tilted hs head forward to acknowledge the woman sitting next to Soth. She was like all others of her kind, eternally beautiful, but unimaginably dangerous. And this one was more dangerous than other vampiresses, she was Soth's apprentice.

"Forgive me Virrana'h Tei, I had meant no disrespect in ignoring you. You have a fine history to be proud of also."

Turning back to Soth Nuevole, Satarel went into the explanation as to whom this faction was they spoke of. He would be well surprised to find out the old ones still live.

" Are you familiar with the Dark Wars Lord Soth? The ones I speak of are from before that... yes Lord Soth, they are purebloods. Of the old bloodlines. When the Dark Wars began, there were those who would neither fight for either side. They chose to preserve the old ways and splintered off from the rest. Sixty houses in all, that included the old fighters....the Pack. They stayed out of the Dark Wars and kept to themselves till the days of purging, when hunters surfaced and decimated the families. Their numbers fell drastically till the elders decided to create the Pack once more. And trained thier children to take thier rightful places as protectors of Nehekara.
It has been too long that they stayed alone to fight for survival great one, and now there are only nine families left. We Watchers have always looked out for your kind's best interests Lord Soth, we keep close to you and chronicle your lineage and deeds so all may see them one day. It is also we that has decided to mend old wounds and make what was wrong, right again. The Purebloods are almost gone Lord Soth, now is the time to rectify the wrong. We bid you to follow the coordinates on the disc I have here, and seek out Fulkrehm, he is the eldest Vampyre there. He will be awaiting you to talk of a peace treaty, I regret I cannot go deeper into the why's and what's as there is much ....way to much for so little time to discuss. Maybe on Khar Sian we could sit and talk of such things."

The data disc was placed before the Death Knight .

"If you or the Lady Tei have any questions or my associates have anything to add, I believe our time here is at an end."

Lord Soth
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:29:07 PM
“We Watchers have always looked out for your kind's best interests Lord Soth, we keep close to you and chronicle your lineage and deeds so all may see them one day…It is also we that has decided to mend old wounds and make what was wrong, right again.” The Watcher said smoothly, yet his words to Soth seemed rehearsed and carefully choreographed as he listened.

Nevertheless, the Death Knight devoured every word that slipped from Satarel mouth, even raising an eye brow periodically during the conversation as he explained his intentions. However, there was something profound that his man said that immeditly caught Soth’s attention. “…We keep close to you and chronicle your lineage and deeds...”

...Satarel’s own words confirmed his suspicion’s and he found it quite ironic that only a few days before he discussed Nicolas Kane’s mysterious disappearance with his apprentice Virrana'h Tei…This mans subtle inadvertent admission now left little doubt in Soth’s mind that theses three beings were Sarafan! He had waited long for this moment, yet his dark intuition told him to bide his time and meet with this so called Count Fulkrehm on K’har Sian. There he would expose the question concerning his missing comrade.

"If you or the Lady Tei have any questions or my associates have anything to add, I believe our time here is at an end." The Watcher finished as he reached into the linings of his dark blue tunic.

The outlander’s hand slid half way to the center of the table and as he lifted it, a small encased data-disc came into view. The Death Knights eye’s slowly traveled down to the multi colored disc then back to Wylde and Satarel as he lowered his steepeled hands in from of him.

“No,…You have told me all that I need to know for now…I will grant your Count an audience. My apprentice and I will travel to this,…K’har Sian two days from now…My word is my bond.” The Death Knight replied coolly, reaching over to take a sip from his blood mead once again.

Wylde Krymsin
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:49:32 PM
Wylde watched Lord Soth quietly with great admiration that she was having trouble hiding. She knew Sat would pick up on it sooner or later. An eyebrow raised as she watched the two talk and she crossed her arms over her chest, tilting her head to one side, her eyes slowly going over Soth's armor, then finally making their way to his face. She glanced quickly at his companion, nodding to her briefly with a smile, then her eyes flew back to Soth, watching his face intently.

Wylde ached to be able to touch anything of his, to know more about this wonderment to her if she could. She looked at the cup he held in his hand, making a mental note to stay near by and snake it. She knew Satarel would argue till he was blue in the face with her about it, but she simply smiled to herself and let the two talk.

Lord Soth
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:12:22 PM
Soth could feel Wylde’s probing eyes on him, studying his every feature, every little detail as if it were a book she couldn’t tear her self from. The Death Knight's gaze slowly shifted to the young female Watcher as Satarel concluded his talks. When Soth peered into the young woman’s eyes, he found her mind heavily fortified with the force. The Death Knight took another deep sip of his blood mead with a methodical hand, smiling inwardly as he sent a silent message to the gates of her consciousness.

"There’s more to it then meets the eye m'lady...You but only have to ask...I have nothing to hide." Soth's unspoken words were like warm inviting waves that beat relentlessly at the battlements of her mind. Each enticing word that slipped from his thoughts to hers echoed then reverberated as the charm spell crept closer like a sweet perfumed fragrance from an incense coffer. Wylde felt as though tiny little fingers were running over her form, caressing her senses as thoughts of carnal pleasure engulfed her. He now waited for the foot hold he needed...Would she be able to resist his subtle advance, was she strong enough to stay the master at his own deadly game of cat and mouse?...

Wylde Krymsin
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:35:52 PM
Wylde returned Soth's stare with one of her own, a smirk appearing on her black tinted lips. She could feel him and what he was doing to her and she tilted her chin up stubbornly, slowly crossing her arms infront of her chest. By the Gods she wanted to close her eyes and enjoy what he was doing, but she kept her mind clear as she stared at him.

'Lord Soth, you do not know who you play with.' She sent back to him, her smirk turning into a wicked grin as they continued to stare at each other.

Wylde could feel the looks of the other's upon them and she would not take her bold gaze away from Soth. If he wanted to play, she would show him she could play right along with the big boys.

Lord Soth
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:14:48 PM
'Lord Soth, you do not know who you play with.' Wylde replied firmly, the tone of her telepathic message said one thing yet her suductive smile betrayed her truer intentions to Soth. The Death Knight eye’s moved intentionally to Wylde’s full lips, his eye’s hovering over them like a predator yearning to taste their nectar.

“Why,…Of course. But were not in the position to find out now are we?...” The Death Knight replied back to her mind in suductive tone’s as his wondering eye’s met with hers once more. The Death Knight was not concerned with what the others around him thought as the flirtatious game commenced. In fact, this was exactly what he wanted...What better then to gain first hand knowledge from one who held such secretive answers to his own questions...

“Whatever would your friends think m’lady?...I am not one bound to restrictions as you might be…But then again,…What do I know?” Soth finished coolly as he ran the long talon index finger of his right hand over the rim of the chalice in a loving manner.

Wylde Krymsin
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:51:33 PM
'Restrictions...what my friends think? Do I honestly look like I care about those things to you, Lord Soth?' Wylde sent to him, her eyes burning into his as she could feel his desire sweep over her. She watched his fingers trace the chalice and thoughts of those fingers running along her bare skin came into mind and she did not censure them. She only kept eye contact with Soth with that ever present raised eyebrow.

She matched her own desire to his and stood before him with a look of 'I dare you' coming into her eyes. Wylde felt Satarel's warning hand on her arm and she merely shrugged it off, enjoying this new game going on between the two of them.

'Besides, I do not think you can handle me.' Wylde sent, the tip of her tongue coming out to moisten her bottom lip slowly.

Lord Soth
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:07:19 PM
'Besides, I do not think you can handle me.' The Female Watcher returned, goading Soth to react to her own, somewhat brazen invitation.

Soth glistening lips, damp with wine, curled into a dangerous smile right before he downed the rest of the crimson liquid in one fell swoop. He had met her type before, many times in fact...Living life on the razors edge while tossing caution to the wind. Soth’s ageless mind accurately raced back to a time and a curtain Sith female he had violently killed after a night of pleasure with her...How he was able gain from her a curtain trust and the knowledge he sought from her...She wasn’t the first, and by no means would she be the last...To the Death Knight, Morgan Dreada was most unworthy of the Dark Embrace, let alone to live for that matter...

The Death Knight casually nodded to the Satarel as he looked on with narrowed gaze, knowing that something strange was taking place between Wylde and Sith master in front of him. His corrective demeanor did little to curb Wylde’s plight, on the contrary, it only agitated her further down the rabbit’s hole. Soth smirked when the females arm wrenched from Satarel firm grasp, the man in turn shooting the young woman a reprimanding look of disapproval in return.

"Be careful what you wish for my dear...I might oblige you,...Young mortal." Soth whispered back smoothly as Wylde’s eye's fell back on him. The Death Knight then glanced slowly over to his understudy at his left side, a playful smile ensued as he admired her unwavering countenance.

"Why Tei,...You haven’t said a word...I would like to hear what you think of this matter..." Soth eye's trailed back to Wylde as he continued on in a somewhat sarcastic, yet playful tone...

"Should I invite her back to the Shrine for a personal tour?...That is of course,...If your good friend here has no objections." The Death Knight motioned fluently with one hand to Satarel.

Satarel Castillon
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:21:55 PM
Satarel was more than tempted to use his gas on Wylde, she stood there and spat at the very people who taught her all those years ago. She had shrugged his hand off and was now dancing on the lines of temptation and going against her oath as a Watcher. And this Roon vampyre wasn't helping any either. That was the big difference between them and their cousins. The Arrogance of wielding the gift of immortality, while the purebloods
contemplated their dwindling numbers and fragile existance, these turned ones fueld their appetites for chaos and disorder through the means of misuse of their gift. That was why it was so dangerous for the chosen few to keep tabs on them.

"Wylde, remember your oath. The most important of them all.....We cannot get involved."

He spoke cautiously to her, she already met disapproval where Ice was concerned, but through discussions, was tolerated because of the lifestyle of the Khar Sian dwellers. These however were a different lot and would more than likely ring out disaster.

"Please, Wylde......we must go."

Wylde Krymsin
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:33:23 PM
Wylde glanced at Satarel as Soth motioned for him, the wicked smile still on her lips. The look Sat was giving her would make any one turn tail and run.

'Are you that insecure in your ways you have to take me back to your Shrine like a caveman?' Wylde sent to the arrogant vampyre. 'And of your beautiful companion, do you really need her permission to play? You must be on a very tight leash.'

Wylde knew Soth thought she was only out to break the rules, but he was wrong. He was bringing out a side of her that had long been suffocating all these years, unable to break out. Whether she liked it or not, this vampyre, whom she had only met a few minutes ago was bringing out the true Wylde, one who knew what she wanted and was intent on getting it.

She glanced back at Satarel as he spoke to her and she fought to keep from rolling her eyes at her friend. Wylde blew him a kiss (which always meant trouble) and looked back at Soth as she spoke to Satarel.

"You do not have to remind me of my oath, Satarel." Wylde said, turning cold eyes upon him. They stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity and then she turned boldy away from him to look back at Soth.

'See what I put up with?' She sent with a sigh. 'Treated like a child when, as you can well see, I am a grown woman.'

Virrana'h Tei
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:28:24 PM
Virrana'h would have been content to remain a spectator. She was not ignorant of the game her Master and Wylde were indulging in and would have preferred to simply study their art.

But Soth had deliberately drawn her in, and so she would comply.

Turning her head in a regally detached manner to him as he spoke, she then turned to fix her eyes on Wylde as she replied.

"One who takes fire to their breast, is likely to get burnt..."

A slight arching of her brow punctuated her adage, and she then reverted back to silence, watching the woman coldly.

Lord Soth
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:32:41 PM
'See what I put up with?' She sent with a perturbed sigh. 'Treated like a child when, as you can well see, I am a grown woman.'

The Death Knights eyes danced dangerously over Wylde’s form as she spoke to Soth’s mind. Soth noted the underlining frustration in her telepathic words, her feelings of restrictions that her oath called for…Surly theses three were Sarafan!...He thought to himself as he filled the empty chalice before him. The Death Master now had good reason to carry though with the game that had begun only moments before…

"One who takes fire to their breast, is likely to get burnt..." Virrana'h piped up in her usual cold steely tone that was devoid of all emotion. Soth let out a slight chuckle that was tinged with a note of sarcasm as the red fluid reached the rim of his modest goblet…

“Then why do you adhere to such a ridiculous path you have taken that constrains you so?…Or is this supposed oath a cage you’ve only grown fond of,…Accustom too…Afraid to venture out for the sake of what ridicule awaits you on the other side?” Soth replied back to Wylde’s mind in smooth velvety tones that challenged her convictions and belief’s…

Wylde Krymsin
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:01:01 PM
'Oh, you're good.' Wylde sent to him, knowing that he knew he had hit a nerve with her. She glanced sideways at Satarel and then back to Lord Soth. 'I have stayed within these restrictions..because I believe in our cause, Lord Soth. I have the drive, the desire..the talent...to see that the history of your kind gets written accurately.'

Wylde let her eyes roam over Soth once again and smiled a predatory smile at him.

'Yes, this 'cage' is all that I have known. I often think of venturing outside of it...to see what lays before me. I have no reason to fear ridicule, Lord Soth. I have no fear at all. Not even towards you.'

Lord Soth
Oct 11th, 2003, 12:40:23 PM
‘I have the drive, the desire...the talent...To see that the history of your kind gets written accurately…Yes, this 'cage' is all that I have known. I often think of venturing outside of it...to see what lays before me. I have no reason to fear ridicule, Lord Soth. I have no fear at all. Not even towards you.' The young woman replied with a note of pride and enthusiasm in her voice, her eye’s wondering over the Death Knight in return.

Soth’s chiseled features became solemn and stoic, no longer holding the same amusement or the lustful gaze that was once resided there before. Just a cold blank stare that seemed to penetrate Wylde’s soul like the sharpest of Sith blades…She could feel his powerful, intrusive will seeping into her conscious mind…However, Lord Soth hesitated then pause intentionally at it’s threshold as if waiting for her to grant him further passage. He would not force his way with her here…At least not at this time. What the female Watcher had just said was the conformation and satisfaction enough for him, he need not look beyond to know they knew more then they were letting on too…There would always be,…Other opportunities. For now, Lord Soth would personally take up the matter of Nicolas Kane mysterious disappearance with their master on K'har Sian.

With graceful ease, Lord Soth stood from where he sat. His livid right hand reached out and retrieved the simple looking goblet he had just filled only moments before. The Death Knight’s piercing blue eye’s never left Wylde’s as he rounded the small table and approached her with an arrogant stately stride. Immeditly Wylde could feel the bone chilling coldness that accompanied his being as he came within her personal space. The sweetest fragrance of roses lofted over her as Soth eye’s slowly traveled down her shapely form before their met again...She had never experienced death so close before…An unsettling and foreboding presence she would not soon forget…

“Perhaps,…This may be so m’lady…However,…Paint the portrait anyway you will…You still remain a prisoner and hostage nonetheless by your own admission…” Soth finished coolly, his word’s were laced with a note of ridicule in them as he outstretched his hand and poured the goblet content’s at their feet...

“What a terrible waste...”

The goblet dropped unceremoniously to the wooden floor soon after the crimson fluid emptied and a slight uneasy moment past between the female Watcher and the Death Knight…Soth and his apprentice then departed for the door…

Wylde Krymsin
Oct 11th, 2003, 01:39:16 PM
"A waste?" Wylde whispered as she turned her head slightly to watch Soth and his companion leave. She reached out mentally to him before he left. 'That is what you think, M'Lord...and I will have the..distinct..pleasure of proving you otherwise.'

She turned back around and looked at the goblet at her feet and a smile crept upon her lips. Wylde grabbed a napkin from the table, bending to wrap the goblet carefully in it before tucking it away for later examination when she was alone. She wanted to know what made that vampyre tick and she would find out. Before their next meeting, Wylde would know all she would need to about Lord Soth.

Standing, she turned to look at Satarel and knew she would get an earful when they were back home and alone. She grinned, it would be worth it.

"Shall we?" She asked, raising her eyebrows in feigned innocence.

Satarel Castillon
Oct 17th, 2003, 04:30:24 AM
Gray eyes stared back at her in a way to chastise her. Never had he seen such a blatant disregard for the code as well as one's safety from a fellow Watcher. Wylde had been more reckless within the past fifteen minutes then he had ever seen her. She knew his beliefs in the code were as steadfast as she was stubborn. Her conduct here with Lord Soth was something unbecoming.

"Shall we?"

Without another word he turned and headed for the door.

Usually she would get some kind of scolding or tapping on the shoulder with his staff, but what she got would probably unsettle her as it was the first time... silence. She got silence from him. The way back not a word was said. They had said thier goodbyes and gave their embraces to Kitiarra, and boarded the Oracle and was well on their way back to Khar Sian and the Watcher's Citadel near Nehekara.

Soon the Roon vampyre would make his way to Nehekara and meet with the vampyre lord Count Fulkrehm Darkmere. Then the talks would commence and a milestone in the history of the Khar Sian denizens would be yet again made. Satarel felt pride for the people he kept records of, always striving for greatness and always coming through. He hoped this would serve all for the best. And hoped that his beautiful comrade next to him would see the danger in how she toyed with Khar Sian's more heated and wild cousins.