PDA

View Full Version : A Summons From Home (Navaria, Yarden, open)

Marga Alton
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:10:55 PM
OOC: Please let Navaria and Yarden post before anybody else responds.

IC:
Marga was sitting in her quarters, her door open. In one hand is a letter. She just stares at the letter, reading it a second, and then a third time to make sure that she is reading it correctly. She whispers very quietly, quietly enough, that most ppl would not hear anything, but those that know that she can talk, they may hear her.

"No, this can't be true. It's bad enough with what's already happened, now they want to re-trial me because they believe that they were to nice to me."

Marga takes a deep breath, doing her best to stop herself from getting angry, but her anger level slowly rises as she reads the letter for a fourth time before chucking it across her room to hit the wall and bounce onto her bed.

"Why don't I just kill myself right here and now to save them the hassle of killing me when I get home."

Marga lets out a loud and piercing scream which would surprise anybody near by as she looks at an empty chair which she unknowingly picks up with the Force and smashes it into a wall, breaking the chair into small pieces.

First a kidnapping, now this. What next will happen she wonders to herself as she looks around her room for something else, her anger clearly evident right now.

Yarden
Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:25:08 PM
Yarden was taking a nice 'quiet' nap in the next room when a loud screem, followed by a thump on the wall, was heard. With cat reflexes she was in the same room as Marga in a heart beat.

She took a quick look around to see what had happened. Nothing was out of place, except for the chair in pieces on the floor. She looked up into Marga's face. ANyone could tell that she was upset. Very much so. But from what was the puzzle.

Now if only I could speak her language, I could find out what is wrong, she thought to herself. She climbed the bed with her front paws. Placing them to left her as high as posible, she get right up into Marga's face. In way say, CALM DOWN.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:32:53 AM
Before the scream was even heard, a wave of anger was felt, rippling through the air. Navaria stopped dead in her tracks, concern growing in her face as she recognized who was at the center of that ripple.

It was Marga.

Quickly she turned around and headed off towards her Padawan's room, running through a crowd of other Jedi that gave her odd looks of confusion and annoyance to being pushed aside so hastily.

Thank the Force that Marga hadn't done anything else when she arrived, but there was such ferocity in the Padawan's face ... Navaria needed to difuse this situation for Marga's own safety and for the other Jedi. She stilled remembered what happened to Marga's brother.... and who was this other being in the room??

"Marga?"

She began calmly, letting her words carry a sense of peace through the Force.

"You need to calm down before you hurt yourself or someone else ..."

The broken pieces of furniture did not go unnoticed.

"... then we can talk about what made you so upset. All right?"

Marga Alton
Jul 24th, 2003, 08:12:33 PM
Marga doesn't react instantly to Navaria's words, though she does grab another chair with the Force unknowingly and throws it against a wall, the opposite wall as the last chair hit. Only after she does that, does Navaria's words penetrate the anger which she's in.

She takes a deep breath as she forces her mind to stop in its tracks and focus on just her breathing. That should be safe enough for her to do right now since it was not complicated, but still required her attention since she's focusing on it right now.

As she slowly calms down, she notes that Navaria is there, as well as Yarden.

After several moments though, Marga collapses to the floor, onto her knee and starts to cry.

She again whispers quietly.

"Why? Why must they do this to me? All I want is to go about my life."

Marga looks up at Navaria then, as if she's hoping that Navaria knows the answer to her question.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:15:58 AM
The Force was channeled into Navaria to help aide the Knight's powers to read Marga's aura and feelings, noticing that Marga was so distraught that she was speaking. It didn't take her long at all with the Padawan's heightened emotions to pick up on enough surface thoughts to piece together what had happened.

"When did they want you to return home?"

She looked over at the cat creature, sensing it's concern for Marga as well, but Navaria was at a lot to who this sentient was.

Marga Alton
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:10:52 AM
Marga continues to whisper softly.

"They wish me to leave here and return home immediatly so I can be put on trial again because they feel that they were to soft on me.

Soft. They exiled me from my home. And they call that soft! I may not have fond memories of my home, but it's still my home. I can't return there alone Domna Navaria. If I do, I'm afraid my anger may find its way out and cause more damage then what has already happened."

Marga wipes the tears away from her eyes and off her face. She then stands up and goes over to the letter that she recieved and takes it over to Navaria. The letter reads:

Domna Marga,

It has been agreed upon by the Comyn Council that your punishment for your crimes is to soft. We fear that you will not learn from this punishment that what you did was wrong and highly illegal.

You are therefor summoned before the Comyn Council to stand trial again for the two murders that you have committed. The murders of your Mother, and your eldest brother, your Father's heir.

You are to return immediatly. A lawyer is not going to be provided for you, so if you wish to bring someone who may help you, you are allowed to, but you are the one who has to prove your own innocence.

We shall see you when you arrive.

Sincerely,
Dom Regis

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:17:00 PM
This was most disconcerting. She had never read anything so preposterous. Almost any civilized government tries a being and then that was that. There was never any retrial.

She handed the letter back.

"Is it within your laws to make you do this?"

Marga Alton
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:19:01 AM
Marga nods her head slightly.

It is the wish of the Comyn Council. If it were just one of the Comyn Lords, then no, it would not be within the laws.

I have heard of this happening before, but never to a female. I have to say that I believe my Father to be behind this. He's been ashamed of me since I do not have the gift that runs in our family.

The first trial, I wasn't even at. I didn't even know about until I recieved a letter informing me about my exile and if I return within ten years, I shall spend the rest of my life in prison. If I were to go alone, I know for a fact, I will never get to leave that planet again. And there is a good chance that I will be sentenced to death.

That is usually what the sentence is if there is a retrial.

Marga takes a deep breath to steady herself, and starts to feel ashamed of her loss of control as she looks around and notices the smashed chairs. She walks over to Yarden and starts to pet her, doing her best to finish calming down.