PDA

View Full Version : PM Problems...

Xazor Elessar
Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:01:19 AM
Everytime I open a new page here at Fans, I get the little box that pops up and alerts me that I have a PM (I have the option set to do that), but when I click 'okay' and all that to get to my PM -- I don't actually have one.

:huh

I'm rather confused about this -- and I did the whole 'delete your cookies' thing and everything, and it's still doing it! When I get there, I have nothing! :lol

The Phantom PMs..... :ghost

Xazor Elessar
Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:15:59 AM
And now, it isn't doing it. :\ I have no idea what the problem is/was. It was really annoying, though. :lol

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:17:24 AM
Next time that happens, try clicking on the Mark forum Read on the main page.

ReaperFett
Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:18:08 AM
Did you try just hitting refresh?

Xazor Elessar
Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:19:55 AM
I thought the Mark Forum Read thing had to do with posts that one can actually see as opposed to posts made in forums that one does not have access to? That has nothing to do with PMs I thought.

I did hit refresh, Fett, but it only popped the box up again. :lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:28:25 AM
boo!! haha, bet i scared you!![/pm]

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:41:19 AM
It does, but the PMs act as their own forum/threads.

Like for me, on the main page on the style I'm using (T-Phantom), it says I have 18 new messages, with 0 unread. If you click on the Mark forum read, it will turn into 0 new messages.

That *might* be one solution ot the problem, if it happens again. It's worked for me over at SWRPG, where I've had the same problem you described.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:52:33 AM
.....what, s'Il? :lol

Okay....

Yeah, maybe I'll give that a try, Nat. Thanks for the suggestions/help. :)

Shawn
Jul 23rd, 2003, 12:22:18 PM
Also, it could be this situation: You have a new PM, you read it, delete it, whatever. Go to the forum you want to read, then hit back on your browser... when it reloads the main page, it will give you another javascript prompt telling you that you have a new PM, because it's showing you the old page again. Refreshing should fix this.

If that doesn't fix it, though, I'd have to go with the suggestion of Mark Forums Read. I've never seen it behave that way, but it can't hurt.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 23rd, 2003, 12:59:19 PM
:lol

I've done that before, Shawn -- and the situation was just like that, but this is different. It happened like this: I clicked on SWFans in my faves and it brought me to the GJO page like it always does. The box popped up saying I had a PM and I clicked 'okay' or whatever, I went there -- and had nothing. I refreshed a few times, but it kept happening. :lol

Now it's not happening, so I don't know what was up with it.