PDA

View Full Version : Luck has choosen sides...

Jared Mriad
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:57:15 PM
My modem is dead.

Atleast, that's what I think is wrong with it. The s.o.b. will dial out the 3430343 number that our ISP gave us, but retorts with a 678: Cannot connect to remote computer.

So... I've gotta buy a new modem for that computer, which is at Gramps... which so is my Hp Jordana 728... which I'm posting this info crap from. Hopefully the blasted thing didn't get struck by lightning and all is well in the morning, but... judging my damned luck, that ain't going to happen.

So... any threads with Jared or Makoto can't be posted by me, cause this HP's battery is going to die pretty soon. :cry

Don't ferget meeee! :(:(:(

Xazor Elessar
Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:11:30 PM
:cry

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sends a modem via snail mail* :lol Wouldn't that be nice? ;)

*huggles*

We won't forget you, I promise! :D Don't worry about your threads and all that -- take care of the comp when you can. ;)

Sohei
Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:16:30 PM
That happened to me once, kinda. I was online during a lightning storm (stupid!), and my modem was fried during a power surge. I had to get the whole thing replaced.

Pilot Akito
Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:45:45 PM
Modems are cheap, we'll be seeing you around!

ReaperFett
Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:48:06 PM
Didn't I tell you to get off te computer during the storm, in the chat?

Oh vell, come back soon! :)

Ishan Shade
Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:00:02 PM
Hurry back, we'll be here :)

Jared Mriad
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:40:40 AM
Originally posted by Pilot Akito
Modems are cheap, we'll be seeing you around!

True!

Ok ok. Panic's over, I'm back. :D

Would you belive that Xaz's snail-mail actually arrived, but indirectly? :) I packed up the comp' this morning and took it to the ISP, we chatted for a total of 4 minutes, got a free v.92... came home... plugged in....... logged in.... :D!!!

Xazor Elessar
Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:59:11 AM
:lol!!!

That's awesome Jared! *huggles* I knew you'd get it. ;) Of course, I pulled some strings with those guys up there, and that's why you got it. :mischief

Or not...but it's a nice thought. ;) :lol Welcome back! :D