PDA

View Full Version : The Storm is Most Definately Not Passing Over! [open]

Vargo Stim
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:16:06 PM
As if working in tandem with the rest of the miserable day, just as Vargo had finished work and missed the hover-trolley home there began a heavy downpour of toerrential rain, he decided to find some shelter until the next transport was due. He stood outside, his hat dripping and suit a dark shade of grey, and approached one of the guards at the entrance, he hunched a little and addressed the officer in the politest possible manner.

"Excuse me, sir." Vargo began timidly, "I'm looking for some shelter and- and this," He stepped away and looked up at the sign and read from it. "Bar and Grill, well, is it- I'd like to- I was wondering--" He cut himself off, hunched a little more and his face, pale from the cold, appeared to turn whiter. "--It's not a ro- rough place is it?"

"No, you'll be alright here, sir." Huffed the gaurd, He looked sympathetically towards him. "Now please, go inside before you catch a death of cold."

"Oh y- yes." Vargo perked up with a smile, and headed in. "Thank you, sir."

No sooner had he set foot inside the bar than he had kicked a nearby table, knocked over a jug of namana cocktail, backed away with appologies straight into a waitress whose tray of empties was sent crashing to the floor which thus made an elderly lady shriek, her dog went wild barking causing a baby to stir from it's sleep and begin crying; her mother picked the child up and head towards the exit with her husband, who slipped on the namana cocktail spillage and fell head first into a bucket of warm, soapy water. All the while, Vargo eased away from the tempest of social chaos and retreated to the bar hoping he would become invisible.

"A glass of fresh zapple juice, please." He said quietly to the bartender, who looked at him accusingly before fetching his order.

"Oh my!"

Jhyx
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:10:39 PM
"Zapple juice! Why, I haven't heard anyone order that in... in... well, a really long time!"

The high pitched exclamation belonged to something behind Vargo, and with a slight thump, a small creature plopped himself on the bar right next to the fidgity man. His small tail hung from the bar ledge lazily, and with twitching ears, Jhyx gave the man a once over. He didn't look too mean. Heck, he didn't look particularly brave, either. At least not as brave as me. Small furred chest puffing out in pride, the little Isnik could almost feel his head swell before getting back to business.

Hop/scootching to give himself a better view of the newcomer, Jhyx offered a tiny paw.

"Name's Jhyx, good Sir. Resident strongman and babemagnet ."

Vargo Stim
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:22:11 PM
"Oh! Hi- hello there." Vargo shook the creatures hand enthusiastically, "Vargo Stim, pleased to meet you."

The arrival of Jhyx had suprised him, he pushed his large-rimmed glasses up on his nose as he recovered and looked around briefly to make sure there were no other small, furry people waiting in the wings to bound up onto the bar next to him. He looked to Jhyx then nodded at the drinks.

"Would you care--" He pointed at the bar with a finger which quickly retracted to push his glasses up again. "Um- for a drink?"

He made a short drinking motion with his hand then managed a smile.

Jhyx
Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:53:12 PM
What a weird guy.

Tail now wagging gently, Jhyx ignored the man's strange movements, and hopped to his feet, spreading his arms wide. "Boy would I! I thought you'd never ask!"

He took a small step forward, then jumped nimbly onto Vargo's shoulder, settling himself comfortably before going on. "See, me an' my buddy Cirr just got from an expedition on Hoth!" His tail thumped excitedly against the man's back. "We were out in the wilds; it was exhilerating, man! I tell you! There's nothing more invigorating than being chased through the snow by a wampa! Me an' Cirr were on the fastest tuantuan though, so of course we outran the vile creature."

His little face turned serious then, and he grabbed Vargo by the ear to turn the man's head so that the two would be facing.

"A word of advice though: never go snooping around a wampa's lair early in the morning to save a baby tuantuan."

Vargo Stim
Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:12:40 PM
"Oh no, of course not." Replied Vargo casually with a grin, he had been so overwhelmed by Jhyx's very animated chitter-chatter that it took a moment for his tale to sink in properly. Then his face twisted into a visage of shock and disbelief. "A WAMPA!?"

The professor quickly snatched his up his glass and took another drink to recover the stomach-turning thought of being face to face with a wampa, let alone an angry one. He half-choked, putting his glass down and turned his attention back to Jhyx.

"One of those giant, furry snowbeasts!?" He spluttered, trying to right himself, the barman walked by. "Excuse me, sir, may I--" He was ignored. "Oh--"

"--A wampa! Golly, they must be about as tall as this ceiling and this wide!" His arms flew out sideways to emphasize his point, a patron dodged his left arm while his right knocked a cigarra clean from the mouth of a green-skinned Twi'lek male who scoffed and snarled.

"Excuse me, sir, my friend would--" Ignored again. "Hmm."

"So Jhyx," His attention returned to his new acquaintance. "Why would you want to go all the way to Hoth to have a race with a Wampa? And who did you say was with you?"

Jhyx
Jul 24th, 2003, 02:20:22 PM
"Why go all the way to Hoth? Why, for the sheer adventure of it all, man!"

His tail thumped against Vargo's back, as if the man should have already known that fact. Ears twitching just a little, he went on to answer the querry of who his companion was.

"Who, Cirr? Yeah, he was with me. I'd watch out for him, though. He's a big guy; don't like people messin' with his buddies."

The little isnik cast a stare behind him, surveying the bar and all who sat within. "He should be here somewhere, not sure where though.

"We're supposed to meet to plan an expedition to Tattooine; we're gonna be capturing a krayt dragon."

Vargo Stim
Jul 24th, 2003, 04:02:38 PM
"A krayt dragon, you say? Hmm." Vargo murmed, but his attention was vastly distracted as he looked about the establishment frantically, he caught no sight of anyone as enormous as Jhyx had described and with relief, sat back comfortably once more.

"So, you're an adventurer, huh?" He asked with a grin. He rubbed his hands a little, the cold was getting to them. "And your friend - he get's angry when people mess about with his friends?"

Jhyx confirmed this enthusiastically, he started harping on about something to do with smashing skulls, all the while Vargo's grin broadened proudly. He cleared his throught with distinct professionalism.

"Well Jhyx, if he has an anger problem or difficulties concerning his temper, you could always introduce him to me." A blank look, he explain happily. "I'm a recently, yet fully certified professor in psychology and anger management. That's right, I'm an anger management therapist!" He beamed.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:49:49 AM
Wearily, Cirrsseeto shuffled into the bar, bumping a few people out of his way. They turned, agitated and ready to berate the rude person, until they saw him. At six and a half feet tall and 265 pounds, he was big enough as it was. Further still, he was a Cizerack, and even a small Cizerack was no laughing matter in a fight. A big one...well...suffice to say that nobody who was put off by Cirrsseeto's careless shuffling said anything about it to his face.

He sniffed briefly, and angled his approach in Jhyx's direction, taking the seat across from the furry adventurer and his latest victim...or companion?

Jhyx
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:26:58 PM
Eyes lighting up at the sight of Cirr, Jhyx bounded from Vargo's shoulder to Cirr's. Besides. It was much broader and easier to get comfy on. Settling himself with a grin from ear to ear, the little Isnik patted one of the large catman's ears affectionately. Ears twitching and tail idly tapping the Ciz's muscled shoulder blade, he looked to Vargo.

"Stim, this is my buddy and fellow explorer extraordinaire, Cirr. Cirr, this is Stim."

Leaning into Cirr's ear a little, he whispered, "He says he can cure your problem... or something like that."

Vargo Stim
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:51:56 PM
All feelings of pride and confidence withered away and Vargo's already humble physique shrivelled up further when joined by a great, hulking Cizerack. He took another sip of his zapple juice, his hand trembled slightly and he set the glass down with a clumsy thunk. He pushed his glasses further up his nose with his index finger and turned with a grin to Jhyx's friend.

"Good-- good afternoon, um, Mr. Cirr!" He said brightly, he extended his hand in greeting. "I'm Professor Vargo Stim. A pl-- pleasure to m-- meet you!"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 28th, 2003, 01:56:38 PM
"Cjirrrrrrsssssseeto."

Cirr blinked, politely correcting Vargo. He looked down at the man's hand, and back up to his face, unsure of what to do. He reached forward, grabbed the man's hand, and sniffed it, shrugging his shoulders when there was nothing special to be found.

He listened to Jhyx whisper in his ear, and shrugged again, cocking a quizzical ear in Vargo's direction.

Vargo Stim
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:05:13 PM
Vargo nursed his hand in the other and inspected it with a frown as though he was displeased that Cirrsseeto hadn't found it interesting. "Hmm."

Unsuprisingly, he had discovered that what he had heard about the strength of a Cizerack was in no way exaggerated, Cirr had quite a grip, still he nursed his hand tenderly but maintained his polite, innocent smile.

"So Mr Cirrsseeto," He broke the silence cheerfully. "I hear yourself and Jhyx here are quite the pair of adventurers. And you're both off to Taatooine next. Have you ever been there before?"

He gave Jhyx a quick glance, hoping that he would assist the professor in keeping up the conversation but ever since he had seen him whisper something into the Cizerack's ear he had become quite unnerved.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:13:30 PM
"No."

Cirr's big blue eyes shifted from Jhyx to Vargo, as he was completely oblivious to what was going on. He thumbed through the menu on the table, passing it off to Jhyx expectantly. Cirr was illiterate, and the menu was no use to him at all, famished as he may be.

"Have jyou?"

Jhyx
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:30:21 PM
Taking the menu in small paws, Jhyx thumbed through the selection; nothing that he really felt like eating as it was; though he knew Cirr wanted a bowl of sajoi and some rabbits. After spending time with the Cizerack, Jhyx had become fairly numb to the fact that the felinoids ate live food; in fact he rather enjoyed playing with the mice before Cirr made a snack out of them.

"Tender!" he called finally, dropping the menu on the bartop. "I'll have a bowl of sajoi and rabbits, please, and also... " the little creature thought for a moment, perched atop Cirr's shoulder and looking studious as ever, "... I think I'll have a kolachi, please."

Vargo Stim
Jul 28th, 2003, 02:38:51 PM
"Me? Ever been to Tattooine?" Gasped Vargo with exasperation. He took out a handkerchief and dabbed it on his clammy brow. "No, not at all! Ever! Never! I wouldn't be found dead in Tattooine," He paused for moment, thought, then, "In fact, I would be found dead in Tattooine! Awful place! Very dangerous!"

He shuddered and finished his drink then listened to Jhyx call out his order to the bartender and realised he hadn't yet ate either. He lifted his index finger and feebly called to the bartender. "Erm, excuse me, sir."

The bartender whizzed by like he hadn't been spoken to, Vargo's eyes narrowed with a look of confusion. The bartender was headed his way again and again Vargo perked up brightly. "Bartender?"

Ignored again. Instead of making himself look like a fool, Vargo glanced at the menu and pretended he still hadn't decided what to order. He looked up at Cirr and Jhyx.

"Wow, you ordered all that? I've never even heard of sajoi or kolachi before. What is it?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 1st, 2003, 11:27:13 AM
Cirr blinked at Vargo blankly. Was it a trick question?

"Food?"

Of course, that was somewhat of a broad description. Anything alive & smaller than Cirr was potentially on the list. Fortunately for Vargo, he didn't have to wait long for his answer, as the server returned with the "Cizerack Ethnic Cuisine" as it was spoken of in hushed tones at the B&G. With a moderately disgusted face, he plopped the dishes in front of Cirr and Jhyx before getting out of arm's reach. A bowl of chirping rodents resembling mice, and a few rabbits with feet bound by rubber bands greeted Vargo, with big fear-laden eyes.

Vargo Stim
Aug 3rd, 2003, 11:49:33 AM
"Ah, food. Yes, of course." Vargo concluded, staring at the bowls of live creatures and again he mopped his brow with a handkerchief. His face was pale and clammy from anticipation, he didn't want to witness what was about to occur but knew that if he were to treat this Cirrsseeto then he would have to learn to stomach his eating habits.

"In fact, I think I'll eat later." He decided in a shaken voice, then ordered another zapple juice. He gave Cirr and Jhyx a weak smile. "Bon apetite!"

Jhyx
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:23:17 AM
The kolachi was already half gone, the other half stuffed in the little Isnik's mouth as he turned to look at Stim. This guy was definately really weird. Munching thoughtfully on his meal, Jhyx paid little attention as Cirr plucked one of the sajoi from the bowl, and holding it over his open mouth, dropped the unfortunate rodent inside.

He leaned casually against the Cizerack's massive arm as it rested on the bartop, and watched Stim through curious eyes. He knew humans didn't really like the feline's eating habits... heck, he wasn't too big a fan himself (being that he'd almost been a meal himself as it was), but he knew everyone had their tastes. Idly, he dipped the remainder of his meal into the kree'ol sauce the bartender had set down with Cirr's meal.

"You sure you're not hungry?" he asked, then waved what was left of his kolachi in Stim's direction, sauce dripping on the bar.

Vargo Stim
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:14:03 PM
"Oh yes, I'm-- sure I'm sure. Thank you." Whimpered Vargo, his stomach was doing backflips. He needed something to take his mind of the vulgarity before him so it was time to get down to work.

"So, Mist-- erm-- Cirr, I mean." He began, leaning in a little closer to get the Cizerack's limited attention but after catching a whiff of the food Vargo resumed his distance once more. He smiled, pushing up his glasses with his index finger which he then used to point to Jhyx.

"Your friend, Jhyx here, informed me that you have some sort of anger management problem and as it happens, I'm an anger management therapist. Would you be interested in treatment?" Although Vargo had zero tact, his heart was in the right place.