PDA

View Full Version : The scent of memory... (repost)

Mockadane
Apr 13th, 2002, 11:17:00 AM
Mockadane standing in the Seeches hanger bay, runs his hand precariosly across the raptors left most landing support, remembering a time when its working were at a loss from battle. A slight smile came across his face, as the not so recent memory, came flooding to the forfront of his mind with enough force the smells and sounds came with them....

Sitting in Lestats pub, reading a news data card from Merker,thinking about simpiler times... the big man rises and walks without a word from the bar to the hanger bay. In no time He is sitting in the RAPTORS cockpit and clawing for space from the planets gravity-well. Time passes slowly in space travel but Merker was eating at him with a cirtain nagging sensation that made this mission important.

Landing in DuFuant, a major spaceport on this lush planet, Mockadane makes his way to Evening glow, a bar in the seedy district he has frequented in past times. Low lighting walked hand in hand with the small amount of coustomers that were here at this early time of day. Taking a seat at the bar the big man orders a drink and waits.
Mockadane
Mercenary/Bounty Hunter extraordinaire
Captain of the Raptor.
Spice addict from the planet Merker.
Under the employ of the Coven.
Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

Edited by: Mockadane at: 2/1/02 6:26:34 pm

Eldorack
(11/24/01 5:38:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: The scent of memory...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just returning to MERKER from a security job, onboard the Lantillian Transport and cargo ship LaCoule, Eldorack makes his way towards The Evening Glow. This, one of his most safe havens, Eldorack can reflect on a job well done.

He walks in and admires the smell he had been waiting for. The smell of dirty men and clean women. He looks at Stella, the usual bar tender at this time of day. He finds his usual table, and his favorite chair. The patrons are spread amongst the bar. After ordering something to eat and drink, he notices someone different at the bar.

Eldorack takes a minute and just stares at him, noticing something familiar about the person at the bar. He cant really make out what is eating at him. He picks up his drink and walks over to the bar, watching the large man for any sudden moves, and then sits down next to him.

After a few moments, Eldorack breaks the silence. "You seem very familiar to me."

Mockadane
(12/1/01 12:04:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: The scent of memory...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The name the bartender spoke while referring to this recent arrival did seam familiar enough to focus Mockadane's attention to the one man now sitting beside him at the bar.

"Eldorack ... is what your name is I presume?" Mockadane spoke in between drinks from his glass.

The large mans memory stops on a point in time where on this very planet a much younger Eldorack was the talk of the taverns. Having came from a shrouded past, a rough and tumbled young hot shot was going to make a name for himself or wind up in the spice mines of Kessel. Mockadane only summized that the raging inferno of youth was tempered into a white hot flame of desire, if this be the same person.

"I knew of an Eldorack once, ... from around these parts as I recall. But that was long ago." Mock trailed off thinking of the small gesture of the gift and the words he told the youth so long ago.

Handing the small rag-a-muffin of a pup to the kid, its new three week old whimper kind of muffled in the blanket wrapped around it along with a few credits..."Its a rare thing to find kindness thats genuine, this here pup is dependant on you now, how you chose to deal with this situation will greatly effect the rest of your life!" On that note He turned and left
Mockadane
Captain of the Raptor.

Eldorack
(12/1/01 12:46:59 pm)
"Long a go, I knew a man. A large man. I loved him like a father. He gave me a present that I cherish to this day." He looked down at Dog and patted him on the head a couple times. He looked at the bar tender just as he finished his drink "give me something stronger please."

The bar tender put the drink on the bar and he picked it up and took a sip. "He looked back at the big man, at the age of fifteen he left. He said he was coming back." Mockadane was thinking about the moment that he was talking about. "But he did not come back. I asked him if I could go but he said it was too dangerous. I waited and waited but he never came back." He took another sip of his drink, " I wonder if he still remember's me."

"He went by the name..." Eldorack thought for a moment. "Mockadane." Eldorack looked at the man. "What is your name?"

Mockadane
(12/6/01 6:15:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
The large man studied Eldorack for a few minutes, looking from him to dog and back, the intemperate youth from the past was still there but with a more encompassing outlook of the ways of the universe. As hoped Eldorack took the pup in, therefor teaching a reakless soal compassion and responsability.

"You know who I am... and anyway I never said i'ld be back soon!" Mockadane looked pleased with the young man. " If your ready to quit doing odd jobs... Im here to make you a proposition!"
Mockadane
Captain of the Raptor.

Eldorack
(12/10/01 7:36:46 pm)
"Mockadane", the big man nodded his head. "What kind of proposition are you talking about." The bar tender laid down another bowl of water and Eldorack put the bowl down onto the floor.

Dog just looked at it but he wasn't thirsty. So Eldorack put a piece of meat down onto the floor and Dog scarfed it down. "Hmmm. He was hungry."

Mockadane
(12/27/01 8:08:31 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Mockadane placed a data pad on the table that he fished out of an obscure pouch and nudged it towards Eldorack. The data it contained was slightly overwhealming as it calculated the probable income a man could make.

"I aquired this little safe haven of the galexy in a game of chance.... and I need a partner I can trust to maintain and run the day to day roster, along with a few side jobs that come along!" Mockadane looked at the young Eldorack with a confident gaze. "So what do you say?"
Mockadane
Captain of the Raptor.

Eldorack
(1/10/02 8:30:39 pm)
Eldorack looked down at the data pad as the numbers switched anonamously. He thought to himself " that isnt hard, for a man of my education in that sort of thing." He looked up at Mockadane with a confident look upon his face.

"Yes, I can do the job. But what ever we profit from any job, we will split the payment 50/50. All right with you?"

Mockadane
(1/13/02 7:48:59 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
The last of Eldoracks words trailed off as the memory washed itself from his mind. The Raptor's mainframe setting on the landing skids gave the appearance of an animal about to launch on unsuspecting prey. The huge refittment arm that once was used on space docks to repair battle damage was salvaged, repaired, and now is the most convinient working tool in the hanger. Its perpouses are many but today it seams to assist the tech crews in replacing the lower proton torpedo launcher with the newly aquired D.E.M.P. torpedoes and launcher. Mockadane quietly watches as Gunther, his very well paid and trusted dockmaster, barks out orders to his grunts as they work upon the Raptor.
Mockadane
Captain of the Raptor.