PDA

View Full Version : With the Skin of his Teeth....(repost)

Mockadane
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:32:00 AM
Corusicant was Sliff's home for most of his life, but it was an encounter with the Empire that turned his world up side down. He was wanted for a murder that was more self defense then the charge that was placed on his head. The Empire did not see it that way though. Sliff managed to escape down some dark narrow alleys that offered protection and non-detection for the mean while. He reached the main Spaceport after a tiresome run that led him through some of the most inhospitable places of Corusicant it's self. This was a matter of life and death as Sliff seen it. If he was caught, It would surely mean his own!

Sliff reached the main hanger bay and slipped in unnoticed. It was on a ship called the Marauder that he found safe haven for the mean time. He crammed his little 4'2 body into a cargo hold. And then he made his way to the back around crates and other mettle boxes to find a smaller place where finally he felt more at ease. He was hungry and desperate to get off of his home world, the place he called home.

After some time he could hear voices that frightened him. What if they found him? And what kind of people or beings were they? They spoke common tongue. But that didn't help matters though. He froze as the voices neared. It was the crew of the Marauder! After some time the engines came to life. Then movement. They were off, and Sliff was now officially a stowaway. He dared not sleep even though his big brown eye's told him he was long past due for that.

Later on the journey, Sliff had another encounter with the crew of the Marauder.

"Well, sir...After we unload at the Seech, we'll be off to the Nadween system." Came one of the men. Sliff held his breath and closed his eye's thinking that would help hide him better. Then they left.

As the Marauder landed at the place Sliff over heard the two men speak of, he waited for the opportunity that he'd waited for the entire trip. Run!!...When he thought it was clear, he run out of the cargo hold as fast as his little legs would carry him. He heard a man shout at him, but there was no way Sliff was letting off the pace! He had made it out by the skin of his teeth! He ran and ran until he couldn't run no more. And this is where fate might have it. A bar and an old friend were soon to meet up once more after long years. "The Seech..." Interesting Sliff thought as he stood there out of breath. A place that seemed out of the main stream of things around here. Sliff walked in after he hesitated for a moment to look over his shoulder. "Good no one followed me." He whispered to himself. The place was alive with activity. Just what Sliff was hoping for. Ripe for the pikken's! Sliff was at first glance to any, seemed but a mere small boy or young child between the ages of 7 to 10 years old. When really he was close to 36 or so the last time he counted.

Sliff made his way past a few people, then he spied a small pouch on the side of a lovely blonde woman with a nasty looking sword. "Easy enough." He thought to himself as he walked by her stealthily plucking the pouch from her side. Then this is were it all began...

Edited by: Sliff at: 7/31/01 10:10:32 pm

Morgan Dreada
ezOP
(8/1/01 7:02:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: With the skin of his teeth....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It had been six days since Morgan was first brought to this place and still it felt as if she did not belong here. Having suffered a near death experience at her own hand in an attempt to save a Vampire named Death Knight Soth she was brought to the well known mercenary and assassin Mockadane. He healed her body and swept her away to this place nearly a week ago. His reasons for doing such still remained slightly unclear to her but at this point it all seemed irrelevant. Thoughts of the mercenary seemed enter in and out of Morgan's mind freely as she sat alone in Eldorack's bar. The room appeared to have recently suffered a petty assault of practical jokes judging by the scratches upon the floor and counters. Almost as if something had been carelessly shattered upon them.

Morgan however paid the room no mind as her thoughts seemed to be elsewhere. She did not notice as the young boy entered the bar, nor did she notice him eyeing the pouch which she carried with her. As he walked by casually lifting the small pouch from her she suddenly felt something else though the force. Perhaps this was not a mere child? She sat puzzled, not only at this strange sensation but also because the last of her credits were spent on the search for her half sister, the sadistic Nadia Raine, and nothing was in the pouch but a worthless necklace given to her by a lonely pilot on her way to Corusicant. She glanced over casually as the man walked toward the other side of the Tavern and sat in a booth by himself.

Finishing the last of her drink Morgan gathered her cloak about her tightly and walked toward the small man slowly. Her movements seemed almost flirtatious in a way as she slid into the seat across from him and met his eyes with her own.

"Is this seat taken?"

Sliff
(8/2/01 6:19:22 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: With the skin of his teeth....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sliff was caught off guard by the woman in black. His demeanor changed from a stunned look, to that of a playful one. He thought he had made the right move on choosing her to pick pockets on. After all he knew an easy target when he seen one. He fondled the pouch he lifted from her under the table as he held out his other hand for her to sit.

"Why sure you can. I'm new here, and I don't know anybody." Sliff looked around to see if the crewmen of the transport ship had followed him there. Then he brought his attention back to the woman across from him.

"So, ahh...What do you want? Sliff looked at her in a puzzled way.

Morgan Dreada
ezOP
(8/2/01 7:34:55 pm)
Morgan smiled as she removed her cloak and set it aside along with her sword. "Must I have a reason to seek the company of such a mysterious gentleman?" She asked as she watched Sliff's eyes carry around the room cautiously. She sensed that he was slightly anxious but dared not question why. She did wish her item returned to her...even though it had no real value. Slowly she ran her fingertip along the outside rim of the glass of water sitting in front of her.

"What brings you to Mockadane's Seech?"

Sliff
(8/4/01 12:24:58 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Sliff liked the thought of, mysterious. It had a certain ring to it. Morgan could see the little fellow blush a bit as his eye's turned downward slightly. The object in the bag felt like a necklace as he kept up the conversation with the weird woman. Why would she take such interest in him he thought?

Sliff looked her oddly once again as he tucked the newly acquired necklace into his own pouch.

"Ah, no, I guess. Oh, what brings me here? Ah, food I think. Ya... I was walking outside, and I smelt this wonderful smell. Ya, that's why I'm here." Sliff finished with a smile from ear to ear.

Morgan Dreada
ezOP
(8/5/01 10:29:10 am)
Not being able to help but be amused Morgan also flashed a smile then flung her long blonde hair behind her shoulder. As she did the Amulet she wore became suddenly visible. It's beauty was almost mesmerizing as it sparkled in the light. Morgan studied Sliff for a moment, knowing that the thief could not help but notice the artifact. It would indeed be worth a small fortune to the right person.

"Ah yes... the food here is very good," Morgan replied at last, "but it's the people that I find most intriguing...wouldn't you agree?"

Morgan slowly looked around the room then gathered her cloak and sword, "It was a pleasure meeting you, but I really must be going," She said quickly as she flung her cloak around her shoulders and attached her sword to her belt once again. "Perhaps we will meet again one day."

With that she turned quickly to leave the bar. She could only hope that flashing the thief a glimpse of her Amulet would invoke enough curiosity that he would pick up after her in order to find out more.

Sliff
(8/5/01 5:58:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Sliff found it almost impossible to contain himself when he laid eye's on the Amulet around Morgan's neck for the first time. The woman was striking herself, but the necklace! It was enough to make Sliff the sneak fall into an instant mode of planning, on how to lift it from it's wearer. Sliff knew by one quick glance, that someone would pay a small ransom for such a fine peace such as it. The sword she carried was worth a small fortune too. But Sliff paid it no mind. It was way to heavy for him to even consider.

"Ahh..Ya the people around here are funny looking. Different I suppose." Sliff watched as Morgan gathered her belongings and turned to leave. Sliff wanted the Amulet! And he had to think of something quick.

"Hey...ahh, where are you going? I don't even know your name." Sliff's little voice sounding like that of a small child as he spoke to her. "And..and, I don't have no friends here...I'm all alone." Sliff put on the saddest face he could muster up as she turned to him. He glanced down to the floor as if he was about to cry. Sliff was lonely, and he always had a deep need for people and company. After all, it kept him in business. And the entreatment wasn't that bad either!

Edited by: Sliff at: 8/5/01 6:00:02 pm

Eldorack
(8/5/01 9:12:48 pm)
Eldorack walked out from behind the bar and imediatly noticed Morgan standing there talking to a being that he had not met yet.

He walked over to the standing woman. "Hello Morgan, long time no see. And who is this may I ask." He waited for a moment. The silence was broken by the young man. Sliff, is all that was said by the young man. He turned to Morgan, "and what brings you to my lovely aboad."

Sliff
(8/8/01 5:20:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Sliff looked the man up and down to see what valuables he might have on his person. Strangely this man looked familiar. So he held back for a bit, to try to recall where he might have seen the scruffy looking patron. Sliff looked again behind him to see if any one had followed him there. His mind still raced over the possibility of an encounter with the crewmen. So far nobody had come in he recognized.

Sliff turned back to face the strange man that was in front of him.

"Ahh,...You wouldn't have something to eat around here would you? Sliff's eye's bulged at the thought of a nice meal after his long trip from his home world.

Eldorack
(8/9/01 3:37:13 pm)
Eldorack looked at the man sitting down, "perhaps I would." He sat down in an empty seat, not to close to the man, he didnt know him that well. He looked up at Morgan and motioned to her to sit down. "Please, sit."