PDA

View Full Version : a new training mission?

Southstar
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:59:28 AM
Since both of the reigning masters are gone, Dyzm and LV, and no one is really here to organize us I suggest we run another Training mission picking up where the last left off.

So how about a show of hands of who's in and we'll do this.

Jared Mriad
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:01:50 PM
Makoto here.

Where did the last one leave off? I could'nt keep track of the thread..

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:04:28 PM
Je suis ici, assuming Je'gan can make do with martial arts, fencing and Force Speed. He'll need a weapon, though.

Southstar
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:05:55 PM
I believe the last one left off with Coruscant in darkness.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:11:08 PM
...and all the TSO apprentices getting ready to leave.

Janus Riddyl
Jul 21st, 2003, 10:45:42 PM
(OOC: this is Southstar.)

Well, There has been time since the mission ended so making the next move would be appropriate.

Instead of keeping this an apprentice mission, maybe it would be a good idea to involve the knights and masters and cause some real destruction.

Let's use this to show that the Sith are united and a force to be recognized. There are darksiders, but then there should be sith.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:40:28 AM
Exactly.

Mmm...destruction...

Just a n00bish idea bouncing through my head, but what about the Senate, or somehting sufficiently near it to cause a bit of panic?

Southstar
Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:23:14 PM
Yeah, an attack on the senate would be very nice..err, mean. But that can't be it. If we could coordinate several major attacks simultaneously we could cause some real damage.

I have an idea of maybe posting each attack separately, so if we targeted five places then there would be five threads. But I am unsure if this would be considered spamming, anybody able to clear this up for me?

Oolana Taine
Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:23:50 PM
Wasn't the original plan to find cloning info in order to bring back Sith that have been long and dead? This involved storming Corscant, which was the reason for taking out the power in the first place. I know Maxim had some idea of the plan, but we who are still here should all be involved in this planning.

Southstar
Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:46:52 PM
I didn't know of the original plan, which I'm going to blame on my poor organizational skills. Anyway, yes, all the sith who are around should be involved. So let's try and round them up and get this thing going.

Makoto Neo
Jul 23rd, 2003, 02:47:14 PM
Here's the first two, with a little read-the-first-post summary.

Chaos Unleashed II (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28846&highlight=TSO) - Kill the utilites?
Chaos Unleashed I (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28248&highlight=Chaos+Unleashed) - Breaking into the museum..

Southstar
Jul 26th, 2003, 01:33:54 PM
Does anybody have any idea of what cloning technology and info we have?

SashaKovalev
Aug 4th, 2003, 09:28:18 AM
(Its Maxim) Not sure what we have or dont have currently - but whatever was stolen from the museum in the first training mission (from the file cabinets) can possibly be cloning information that was stolen if needed, maybe....? Though, if thats the case, we'd need to finish the thread and get out of the museum.

Southstar
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:20:31 PM
So say we finish the museum thread, do we even have the technology to begin cloning? And if we do I assume we're going to clone soldiers, correct me if I'm wrong. We can't begin a massive cloning project here at the palace, we're going to need somewhere to do this.

SashaKovalev
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:13:09 AM
Well......TSO has the financial resources to purchase the technology, I suppose. But what might be more interesting, is to see if we can find anyone who role plays or would rp a mad scientist/cloning sort of person and have a series of threads in tracking this person down, working out a deal with him, and then beginning construction of a facility somewhere.

I dont think we have enough threads to justify being able to just begin a cloning op - that would have to be better developed to be realistic. Maybe a few more training missions breaking into libraries that keep this sort of information, a thread of actually presenting the information to the elders (though, this will be tough cuz they dont seem to be around all that often), and then the series of finding the scientist....It would give a point to training missions besides combat, and it would be character building as well....

Malice
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:45:33 AM
*sniff-sniff*

You children are growing up so fast. I'm so proud.

Warlock
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:46:47 AM
You could contact Zeke about that scientist, Sasha. I believe he has a char like that.

SashaKovalev
Aug 7th, 2003, 07:45:45 AM
*steals old man Malice's cane and beats him with it for not being around often enough anymore*

Thanks Jenny - I thought someone had a char like that but couldnt remember who it was.

Guys (and ladies) - I'll contact him and see if he'd have any interest if there is an interest on this end. Southstar - would you be willing to lead this thing....? Ill participate as well (as Maxim).

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 7th, 2003, 07:52:02 AM
[warlock]

If you are willing to wait a little before starting this, I can have Salem involved too, as another Knight present.

SashaKovalev
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:45:44 AM
I think thats a good idea and would love to have ya involved. And yeah, Im willing to wait. *grins* So everyone else has to be as well.

Southstar
Aug 9th, 2003, 09:53:37 PM
Sure I'll lead this thing. What we need to do is get a group together with the main objective of gaining cloning info, another to track down this scientist to oversee the process and an optional final group to work with the financial aspect. So two at least three max unless anyone can think of a purpose for another team. If not let's get this thing started. We should finish the first museam thread and move on.

SashaKovalev
Aug 11th, 2003, 07:05:44 AM
Alright, I'll work on finishing the museum thread with you while we work on organizing the rest of this stuff.

Jenny - whats the holdup on Salem right now.....?

Alright - so from the museum we get some disks on cloning info, maybe whatever other people grabbed have something to do with it as well....any ideas on how we learn about the scientist?

Southstar
Aug 11th, 2003, 09:38:48 PM
I'd expect he'd have a reputation. Send out word that the Sith are looking for a cloning scientist and see what comes of that. Or we could learn of his history through the files taken from the museum. I have no idea what kind of experience he might have or what kind of projects he may have been involved in that would make him known.

So basically what I suggest is we find him based on his reputation.

Duke Quells
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:25:11 AM
Would you mind if I participated in this training Mission?

Southstar
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:55:36 AM
This training mission is only in the planning stages as of now. But when the time comes to act on it I'm sure there will be a thread to follow and you should be able to get involved then.

Maxim Vasilijev
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:53:11 AM
I like that suggestion. Perhaps his name is attached to some of the files. Once we finish the mission (which Ill post to right after this), we can bring them back and have a thread going over them. While we're going over the files on the disks, we find his name, and then do some research on him and a thread tracking him down all over the galaxy.

Zeke
Aug 12th, 2003, 06:56:44 PM
Hey guys! I play the scientist you guys will be needing, so I guess I'll start collaborating on this mission as well. Southstar's idea of finding his name and reputation in the museum files is the best one I've read thus far, and I'd recommend running with that one.

The name you'd find is Armaiil Kryatir. You'd find his name attached to documents concerning medicine or genetic manipulation.

Southstar
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:06:25 AM
Ok, sounds good. The museum thread should be done now with us getting away with the data. I'll start a thread in the palace with us going over data and we'll stumple upon the name Armaiil Kryatir yadda yadda...

What I am unsure of is how do we track this scientist down? By running threads on different planets and you can surprise us, Zeke. Or can you give us a run down on the scientist's history and give us a clue. Like if he worked under the Empire, Alliance or just on his own. Because When scanning this info I don't want to just make something up that doesn't correspond with what the scientist has done.

Zeke
Aug 13th, 2003, 04:00:04 PM
He worked under the Empire for a while, but you won't learn anything of him if you go there; they've got him listed as killed in action. If it was me, and I found all this old info on a guy, I'd look for some new info on him, and of things that would concern him. Actually, Makoto Neo had something of a run-in with him. You can get some info off of him to start with. Other characters who have had contact with him are Lillian Snow and Inu, though I've yet to figure out how you can draw a connection between them and the doctor. :\

Makoto Neo
Aug 16th, 2003, 04:02:09 PM
BTW, I think I've come across the original planning party for these threads. Not quite sure, but...

The OOC Prompt (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=457031&highlight=TSO+Planets#post457031 )
IC Version of the planning? (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26583&)

Moving right along.

Yeah, Armaiil had some dealings with Neo in the past... way I actually wanted it go (WAY after the threads were complete) was the actual Makoto used, which was the Neosis flip, was a clone of the real deal, Neo flip. But to push the atrocities of complication.

"I know him.." http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/blackeye/comeandgetsome.gif*click click* http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/blackeye/2gunsfiring_v1.gif

>D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 16th, 2003, 05:23:53 PM
Btw:

There will be a few pieces of a spaarti cloning cylinder on the 'black market' shortly. If you were wanting to get your hands on one or two or three whole ones it might be worthwhile trying to find out who's selling off cloning cylinders piece by piece.

;)

Park Kraken
Aug 16th, 2003, 10:21:54 PM
Talking about the Black Market, After the Foundations of Comradship: Hapan Cluster thread is finsihed, and my H.E.F. Expeditionary fleet is settled on the new Hapan Empire, I will need credits, so I will sell one of my two Hapes Nova Battlecruisers for 100,000,000 credits, plus maybe some of the Miy'Til Fighters.

Southstar
Aug 16th, 2003, 11:22:15 PM
Ok, I read through the original planning and I liked what I saw. From what I understand we need information out of a library Balmorra. Which I think is the next step, unless it had already been done and don't know about it.