PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a song

Mitara Sinar
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:41:30 AM
Hello everybody!! As a number of you know, I am getting married on Aug 30 2003... And I am curently busy making plans for the wedding...

Right now I could use a bit of help with finding a good wedding song for myself and Garen... I've asked my friends and family over here for subjestions and I've gotten a few, and would like people's opinon on them....

Song ................................ By ..................... Subjsted by

Could I have this dance.........Anne Murray.................Myself
The Longest Time...................Billy Joel.......................My Dad
If You Want To Be Happy.......Coasters......................My brother
Lady is a Tramp......................Frank Sanatra.............My brother
Save The Last Dance For Me...Drifters........................My Mom
Love Gets Me Every Time........Shania Twain...............A friend
Time in a Bottle.......................Jim Croce.....................A friend
We're Here For A Good Time....Trooper......................Garen

These are the songs that have been subjested so far... I'm not going to use the ones my loving brother :rolleyes subjested. But I thought I would list them anyway.... If you have any more subjestions or wish to recomend one already listed above that would be a big help... :) Thanks :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:44:29 AM
'i cant stop loving you', by ray charles ^_^

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:17:14 PM
Is this to be played in the wedding, or at the reception, such as a dance between you and Garen?

I like the "So happy together" song by who knows who, but not for in the wedding. For the reception. It would be a totally cute dance. :)

Mitara Sinar
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:34:41 PM
:) Thanks for bringing that up LD... this song that I am looking for will be the song garen and myself will have our first dance as a husband and wife to... At the reception... ok?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:38:27 PM
love of my life by jim brickman

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:40:07 PM
L-O-V-E by Frank Sinatra might be nice too. :)

Figrin D'an
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:49:32 PM
"Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton

Dae Jinn
Jul 21st, 2003, 01:18:36 PM
I don't know any really *old* romantic songs, so, maybe there's a newer band who has a song you both like? Just as a suggestion ^_^;

Taylor Millard
Jul 21st, 2003, 01:38:46 PM
'Embracable You' by the Gershwin Brothers

Xazor Elessar
Jul 21st, 2003, 05:21:19 PM
Oooo, "Love Of My Life" by Jim Brickman -- yes, that is such a beautiful song. :love

Morgan Evanar
Jul 21st, 2003, 05:50:07 PM
Tool - Prison Sex.

Silus Xilarian
Jul 21st, 2003, 05:57:00 PM
Tool - Maynard's Dick

imported_Marcus
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:24:22 PM
Into My Arms by Nick Cave. (serious suggestion BTW)

Or the old standby, NIN - Closer. (not so serious :p )

Figrin D'an
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:43:42 PM
"Open Arms" or "Faithfully", both by Journey

Figrin D'an
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:54:50 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I like the "So happy together" song by who knows who, but not for in the wedding. For the reception. It would be a totally cute dance. :)

You mean the song by The Turtles?

imported_Marcus
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:36:13 AM
Could I have this dance.........Anne Murray.................Myself

:tumbdown

Dont forget instrumentals too. Some advice for you too - just go out and enjoy the day and dont stress. Dont get too drunk too, just go and have fun. I'd seriously suggest not really havign anyhting to drink until after you both ... ummm.... have the normal fun after the reception ;)

I think you'll find that you wont really give a damn about the song at the time for the dance. All I clearly remember was realy realising this was my wife I was dancing with and nearly being overcome with emotion. That has to be best things ever to happen to me

James Prent
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:25:10 AM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
You mean the song by The Turtles?

Yes!

Peter McCoy
Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:14:18 AM
I've Got You Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N Roses

Just a few off the top of my head there. I'd personally go for the Aerosmith one - its probably my favourite love song.

Alpha
Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:57:10 AM
You had me from Hello --Bon Jovi
We Danced -- Brad Paisley

Xazor Elessar
Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:03:27 AM
Originally posted by Marcus
Into My Arms by Nick Cave. (serious suggestion BTW)

Or the old standby, NIN - Closer. (not so serious :p )

Closer...hehehehehe.... :mischief

Actually, my fiancee and I joke about that being 'our song'. :lol We always jam it in his car and sing to it....hehehehehe.... :D

ReaperFett
Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:26:30 AM
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
Yeah, that'd do.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:53:16 AM
Er, I'm not sure exactly how good these would be for dancing, but:

"Angel Without Wings" by Zao
"Angel" by Orchid

And... those are about the only 'love' songs I know. x.@;

Mitara Sinar
Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:36:06 AM
Originally posted by Marcus

Dont forget instrumentals too. Some advice for you too - just go out and enjoy the day and dont stress. Dont get too drunk too, just go and have fun. I'd seriously suggest not really havign anyhting to drink until after you both ... ummm.... have the normal fun after the reception ;)

I think you'll find that you wont really give a damn about the song at the time for the dance. All I clearly remember was realy realising this was my wife I was dancing with and nearly being overcome with emotion. That has to be best things ever to happen to me

I've already looked through instrumentals, and found a number I wanted but Garen said that he wanted a song with words, and other than that he had no preference... So I'm getting a song with words, that I like, and think would be approprate.

I'm actualy having a lot of fun planning my wedding, so I don't really find it all that stressfull.... I'm more worried about how stressed I'll get when all the family shows up, and all the old argument find their way back to the top of things... And also Marcus, I don't think the drinking part will be a problem because we will not be offering intoxicating drinks at our wedding :)... Too many people comming that are trying to break an adiction to booze, so we just won't serve it.

I'm almost sure that you will be right Marcus, and I won't care then.... but that will be then, and I care now, SOOOO I might as well Find one so that If for some strange reason I do care about the song then.... it won't be a problem.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:11:03 PM
You'll do fine, Mitara! Have you found dresses, etc yet?

Mitara Sinar
Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:29:08 PM
I'm still looking at dresses, and we are still trying to find people willing to and able to cook for the reception, at no charge to us. We only need five more people and we have our cooking staff.

We have the location, Preist, and flowers. Garen is right now stuffing invites into envelopes, and complaining a every step.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 23rd, 2003, 02:53:40 AM
Poor baby. :p

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:57:08 AM
This wedding needs more Chicken Dance.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:38:07 AM
Aieeeee ! I just remembered a love song !!!

"Lovesong" by The Cure

:D

Charley
Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:40:43 AM
Whoever plays a song by the Cure at my wedding....dies.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jul 23rd, 2003, 12:23:07 PM
Suggesting that song was mostly about me wanting to prove that I don't just listen to angst exclusively. :mneh

Garrett Blade
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:09:32 PM
Well you know its getting late when this thread reads "Looking for a snog". :p

How about a nice Sting one - "When We Dance" or "Fields Of Gold"

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 24th, 2003, 12:45:44 AM
Sting= a great idea. Fields of Gold is one of my personal favorites.

Hmm, ok here goes my list:
-When You Give Your Love to Me - Kevin Gilbert (very sweet song, has got semi-serious lyrics but a good love song)
-Dancin' in the Moonlight - Toploader (classic standby)
-Start With the Ending - David Wilcox(good advice)
-Can't Get Enough of Your Love - Bad Company (ok, maybe not.) :)
-At Last - Etta James
-Say you Love Me - Fleetwood Mac
-I Will Be Here - Steven Curtis Chapman (Beautiful song, great Christian artist.)

Ok, that's it for now, or I'll just have to keep going. :D

James Prent
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:51:27 AM
Bad Touch by the Bloodhound Gang? ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:53:27 AM
-Dancin' in the Moonlight - Toploader (classic standby)

No one can resist getting up and dancing to that :)

imported_Marcus
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:58:49 AM
And also Marcus, I don't think the drinking part will be a problem because we will not be offering intoxicating drinks at our wedding

BIG approval here from me. We had no drunks at our wedding, but we did have a bunch of people who wanted to have a good time. The bestest comment and feedback were all these people saying our wedding was memorable cause everyone was so damn happy.

:D

As it should be ^_^

Peter McCoy
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:33:18 AM
Bestest. What a great word. The best ones are the ones that aren't even proper words :)

I want my wedding to be memorable - if I ever get married of course! I might just throw a wedding party for the hell of it, instead of a birthday party. Have a little groom on the cake all by himself. LOL! :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:48:14 AM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
Whoever plays a song by the Cure at my wedding....dies.

*shakefist*

Seteth Morters
Jul 24th, 2003, 06:28:11 AM
SERIOUS: Bryan Adams - Everything I do (I do it for you) [classic, though possibly too expected?] :angel

SEMI SERIOUS: Anthrax - Safe Home. [personal favourite mellow track in the world]

NOT SERIOUS: My Plague - Slipknot [Nobody would expect that!] :wings

Alpha
Jul 24th, 2003, 07:52:14 AM
Or the one by Bryan Adams, Sting and one other dude: All for Love.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2003, 09:02:24 AM
SERIOUS: Bryan Adams - Everything I do (I do it for you) [classic, though possibly too expected?

*tries not to weep ... fails*

Charley
Jul 24th, 2003, 09:17:26 AM
Originally posted by Mitara Sinar
Marcus, I don't think the drinking part will be a problem because we will not be offering intoxicating drinks at our wedding :)... Too many people comming that are trying to break an adiction to booze, so we just won't serve it.

And this....is why I'm not a fan of protestant weddings :grumble

James Prent
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:26:51 AM
I've never been to a wedding that had alchohol...but then I've only been to my sisters' weddings...

ReaperFett
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:28:55 AM
Charley, happiness comes not from a bottle :)

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:29:16 AM
But it can sure help in a pinch.

Bette Davis
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:31:52 AM
I do it for the druuuugs...I do it just to feel like I'm aliiiive...I do it for the loooove...I get from the bottom of a bottle.... /sings

Mitara Sinar
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:26:30 AM
After reviewing the subjestions I have come up with five That I am having a hard time picking from... these are...

Time in a Bottle, by Jim Croce
So Happy Together, by The Turtles
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, by Aerosmith
Say you Love Me, by Fleetwood Mac
Everything I do, by Bryan Adams

Of these five.... Could I get peoples opinion?

Charley
Jul 28th, 2003, 11:27:56 AM
1. Not bad
2. Great
3. Horrible
4. Horrible
5. Good choice

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 28th, 2003, 03:01:57 PM
I like #2 the best. :) The others are meh.

Garen Selore
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:29:52 AM
1)*Shrug*
2)Plaa
3)*Shrug*
4)Icck
5)*Shrug*

ReaperFett
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:35:49 AM
3 and 5 are good, 1 2 4 are less so :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:53:39 AM
*pokes Garen* What does "plaa" mean?

Garen Selore
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:41:48 PM
It's not an "Icck", and it's not a "Mhen", It's somewhere in the middle... I know Mitara will understand :) :p

Mitara Sinar
Aug 4th, 2003, 10:53:45 AM
OOKKK.... A song has been chosen, we are going for....

Everything I do, by Bryan Adams

I also now have some finalist for wedding dresses, and have the catalog pictures scaned... but Geocities is not letting me sine on right now, so I'll get the site up soon...

If you want to see the dresses PM me and I'll PM you the link to the dresses.... Or if I could get access to a place where garen doesn't have access and I'll post the link there...

*looks at calander*

Eeek!! Only 26 days left! I it normal to be nervous, with still that much time left?

Senator Thareena
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:27:34 PM
Completely normal, my dear. :) You're planning a whirlwind of a wedding, and usually brides try to give themselves up to two or three years to plan their weddings. So, yeah. I think you're doing great though. :D

Mitara Sinar
Aug 5th, 2003, 12:03:44 PM
It's not all my planning... I have a team of twenty family members helping... they are just letting me have the final say on what goes.. and the plans are almost done too! :)

We are having the wedding in my mom's 2 acre garden that she has on Texada Island, the reception will be in the cotage they have... We got 5 people from my brother's work to cook for the reception.... For The music we are going to use the built-in sound system that is in the cotage... We made the invatations on Garen's computer.... and some of my moms nebours on the island have agreed to help drive people from the ferry to my mom's land if it is needed.... I have narowed down the choices of what dress I want down to 3... and I seem to be perpetualy exastued, and STRESSED!!

*Pulls out hair*

But everything will go fine IF everything goes as planned... But since when does ANYTHING go as planned!

Arya Ravenwing
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:08:28 PM
On an island!? /jealous!!!!!

*hugs* you'll be fine. Just remember, we need a scanned in/digital picture of the bride and groom!!

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:33:00 PM
Sounds like you will have an absolutely fabulous wedding! :)

Mitara Sinar
Aug 5th, 2003, 03:05:59 PM
I Really I'm not comfortable about putting my picture on the internet... And I don't think Garen would like it ether... It's not that we don't trust the member of SW Fans but We have NO idea of who else could be looking at them...

I really hope it will be an absolutely fabulous wedding...:)

Seteth Morters
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:19:43 PM
my song won :D

good luck with the rest of the planning, if it doesn't all work, at least it'll be memorable :)

But it sounds like a good one. Wheres Texada?

Mitara Sinar
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:13:06 AM
Texada Island is between Vancover Island, and the mainland of BC Canada.....

Ok... I have the dress... they didn't have the one a Really wanted in stock and it would have gotten here two days after the wedding, so I went with my second choice... I also found out today the it is 6 days left till my wedding and Garen still hasn't gone out looking for an outfit!! So his family are draging him around town as I type this, so he can get an outfit bought and fitted in 6 days....

My nerves are shot... Family are starting to show up... and My hair is a mess!! No matter what I do My hair looks like crud..

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 25th, 2003, 12:24:04 PM
Get someone else to do it.. ^_^; and remember to take deeep breaths.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:28:28 PM
You could always just buy matching t-shirts and elope. ;)

But seriously, I'm sure everything will go just fine, and in 20 years, you probably won't remember the little things that bugged you. :D

Mitara Sinar
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:30:45 PM
LD: Since Garen was out, and he and I are the only people living in this house, I wasn't able to get somebody else to do my hair... But even if Garen was home, I wouldn't trust him with my hair... When I typed my last post I had 10 min before one of my aunts, uncles and their two children were due to show up... so what i did was went out to the garden out frount of the house and put on a hat...

Ryla: That might have been a good Idea(The eloping) if all the plans for the wedding were not complete and it being almost 5 days till the wedding.... But I know your right, 20 years from now i will most likely only remember the good stuff.... But that is not now, And I can't stop thinking how badly things could mess up...

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:59:13 PM
Remember, (though I'm sure you've heard this a million times) It's not the wedding, it's the marriage. :)

Mitara Sinar
Aug 28th, 2003, 11:07:41 AM
Ryla: I know, but it would be nice if the wedding was really good as well...

This is most likely the last post I will be doing intill after my honeymoon, So I will see you people about the middle of September... Bye!!