PDA

View Full Version : have ya ever watched a trailer and could havde sworn it was another movie

sirdizzy
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:42:57 PM
they had this trailer in front of Bad Boys II and i thought it was a Matrix trailer at first then i thought it was the biggest rip off trailer of the matrix ever made

wheres the orginality, wheres the uniquness

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/underworld/

ReaperFett
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:02:11 PM
Yeah, because Matrix was so original :rolleyes

It looks like The Crow, or Dark City, or Blade, way before Matrix.

More importantly, it looks great :D

Figrin D'an
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:53:41 PM
I don't see how you could confuse this with a trailer for a Matrix film, even just for the first several seconds. Besides some stylistic similarities, of which you could tap any number of films (such as the one's Fett listed), the plots seems to share nothing in common.

Besides... it's a movie trailer. I don't see what the big deal is. It's designed to draw attention to the film, which it does rather well, even if the trailer does have a slight "Matrix" feel to it. It looks like it could be an entertaining film, and I'll likely see it. So, I guess the trailer did its job.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:04:25 PM
This movie looks terrible, similar or not to any other movie in existence. :) PHEAR my Vampyyyyre'd Wrath of l33tness, yo.

Dyan Kharis
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:39:20 AM
The freeway chase scene looks very Matrix-like and the action is quite... fantastic... considering the movie's content.

I kinda know what sirdizzy is driving at. Cinematic genres do appear to be increasingly more derivitive and much less defined.