PDA

View Full Version : Our touted assault - Planning COMMENCES

Telan Desaria
Jul 17th, 2003, 03:18:48 PM
Ironing out our Flank

Operation Tigerclaw

What I have planned is a strategically simple assault. It consists on three prongs, or flotilla. The central thrust will be our primary drive while the two flanking assaults will be used to isolate resistance and secure our sides.

The main assault will be under my direct command. It will be dubbed X Flottgruppe (1oth Fleet Group). It will consist of a dozen Destroyers, the bulk of our heavy capital warship strength.

Axis - Virmuende - Sluis Van - Bpfassh

Core-ward flank
Commander - Brevet Rear Admiral Kracken
Ground Forces Commander - Colonel General Tschort

This assault will be a wide swath to cut off communication with the Core and eliminate all threats. Appropriately, it will be the second-most heavily armed group. this shall be XII Flottgruppe (12th Fleet Group)

Axis - Sullust - Praetylin

Edge-ward Fleet
Commander - Brevet Commodore Teleran Balades
Ground Forces Commander - NPC

The purpose of this assult is to bring all things into the fold and prevent any enemy formations from slipping through our talons. XIV Flottgruppe (14th Fleet Group)

Axis - Dagobah - Kraest - Praestylin

The purpose of this assault is to give us some much needed rp experience to our newbies, and as well unleash a plan I have been cooking up.

Trilemite is a substance of almost useless note. Its atomic composition is regulated around a base of three and is formed of three indistinguishable amino acids.

Seralethilene is also a somewhat useless substance, this one used as a catalyst in the pharmaceutical industry to accelerate the speed at which different chemicals react to one another during testing.

Eurocil 4 is an experimental vaccine created by the New Republic several centuries ago during the Krytos Virus plague and the reign of Intelligence Director Ysanne Isard. The theory was to find a solution which would slow down the reactive rate of the virus. These attempts failed and they turned to revitalizing those cells which were damaged. They attempted to go back in time as it were and regress the process of the cells by unleashing DNA-coded nucleological signals which trigged deevolution to a healthy state.

The solution worked, but not in time. Buy the time even one cell had healed, the patient was dead. But the process worked.

My idea is this.

The Imperial Department of Specialized Warfare recently began going through old files to rehash some old ideas. An officer that had read a morning medical publication made the connection. The newly refined catalyst could be added to the Eurocil and the process of regeneration sped up to helpful levels.

The IDSW had no medical intentions, however. Their only concern was using this to a military advantage, and another officer was brought in who introduced the Trilimite. The results of testing had dramatic results.

Test subjects were given large quantities of the concotion which proved the cellular regressipon would not stop, something the NR had never found out. The cells became so immature chronologically that the subject died after several hours of painful physical alterations.

When Trilemite was introduced, the amino acids did not react well with the going-acids. There was a violent struggle within the boddy and the regression reached a primitive level. These subjects died but not before mutating themselves into predatory pre-erectus states. They de-evolved millions of years ina amtter of days.

As the body deevolved, so did the mind,. They were unawarwe of their surroundings, and then of who they were. They lost speech and revtered to an un-technological state.

The military use for this is clear. If released into a population center, the people would begin killing each other off as their animalistic instincts took over. The defenses and buildings were left intact and needed only to be...cleaned.

What think you? It would require one helluvan extensive indtroduction and development rp, byt it would be fun.

Park Kraken
Jul 17th, 2003, 04:11:55 PM
Who will command the two flanking fleets? and what will our objectives be when conquering the planets?

Jarek T'chort
Jul 17th, 2003, 06:01:24 PM
This biological weapon the 'Trilemite' seems like a good idea, however what about the risk of infection to our forces? I doubt the Trilemite would go away if asked nicely.

Wiping out an entire population is neccesary in certain situations but if we are attacking civilised worlds that we want to be on our side, say for recruitment purposes etc, it is pointless.

Do not forget the immense propaganda victory this would be for the NR, if the Trilemite were used neutral systems would flock to the NR for protection, making our position more difficult.

As for the rest of the plans, the sooner we get started the better.

Telan Desaria
Jul 17th, 2003, 06:41:15 PM
I plan to use only small amounts to eliminate garrison bases and fortresses. The effect would be deafening doubtless if we went about wiping out innocents. Which is why we are not. Casualties are to be expected, but we will work on a vaccine. Biological containment suits, like those of the zero-g stormtroopers, can aid us though.

Park Kraken
Jul 17th, 2003, 08:29:34 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me. Whatever happened to that 3.6 Kilometer Superweapon Ship you and Khendon Sevon were co-designing? Will that ship be used in this assault?

Jarek T'chort
Jul 18th, 2003, 03:39:12 AM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
I plan to use only small amounts to eliminate garrison bases and fortresses. The effect would be deafening doubtless if we went about wiping out innocents. Which is why we are not. Casualties are to be expected, but we will work on a vaccine. Biological containment suits, like those of the zero-g stormtroopers, can aid us though.

We can use radtroopers, they are specialy equiped and trained to work in hazardous
situations.

I have an idea come to think of it....perhaps say a waterbourne virus could be developed and released into the water systems of a world that needs to be pacified. It could be released by Intelligence without needing large millitary mobilisation.

How I see it is, we could release the virus into the water supplies of a world, creating mass panic and illness. A situation could be enginered whereby through your graciousness, Telan, you could offer the help of the Soveriegnty. We could develop a situation similar to that of Honoghr. We could infect a world of the Soveriegnty first, one of little importance, in order to make it seem as though it is some widespread plauge, then develop vaccines and a way to fight the virus, like some sort of water filtration system. Any world infected would be dependant on our help, thereby gaining ourselves allies and dependants.

It would also be a propaganda victory, showing the Soveriegnty as a gracious power, willing to help others if it can.

This needs more tinkering and thought but it's just a rough outline, any thoughts?

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:40:53 AM
That would alienate the people. plus a waterborne virus would be very dificult to get rid of. the water would seep into the water table and all water on the planet would be infected . This would make it difficult to maitain ownership since you would have to ship fresh water in. and all a force would have to do is blokade the planet and wait for you to die.

This is just the oppinion of someone watching from the darkness.

Jarek T'chort
Jul 18th, 2003, 12:09:12 PM
It would'nt alienate the people if they did'nt know, if the virus was let out secretly. This is my point, by extending our help they would be indebted to us, we could use this to our advantage. Perhaps you are right about the waterborne virus however.

Maybe some sort of hive virus then? I'm just playing with ideas here but essentialy if we can engineer a situation where a world is infected with something, we step in and help, thereby leaving them grateful to the Soveriegnty. Surely capable politicans could open up some sort of subversive exploitation of the worlds and peoples after any cleanup.

Park Kraken
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:43:58 PM
This is way out on a limb here, but what if we infected their food with the virus secretly, but only infected food, or tools that are imported by the NR. Then we show up, but don't immediatly give them the vaccine, but make them think that were are developing one by waiting for a certain amount of time.

Jarek T'chort
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:26:30 AM
No thats a good idea, if there was a way we could make it seem as though the NR were at least indirectly responsible for infections then we could achive several things.

Alienation of worlds from the NR

Propaganda victory

Dependancy of infected worlds to the Soveriegnty

Neutral worlds may be cajoled into joining us

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:58:04 AM
Construct the Virus to only atack the inhabitants of that planet. This way it looks like the NR is some how trying to limit there population growth. mabey add a natural imunity buffer so only elderly and young are infected. or target the working age. I do not know much about the inhabitants of this world or there ways. they key to subdueing a foe is to understand them. Therfore you know more then I and can better plan for any alterations in your plan. I am simple adding my 2 cents as it were. I beleave turning the inhabitant of the world is a better idea then tageting the NR Military force. It means less work and looks as though you are just aiding a people in there strugle to rid themselves of the NR. It would take longer and requare better intellagance and preperation. and cost more but what is money to the Sovereignty. You may want to think of how to distract the NR forces so the virus can be planted. They would find the virus when the shipment went thru customs. A distraction might be best. there are many mercs. out there who might be made to cause such a distraction. Or send a team to the planet to create the virus there. It risks being caught but the right people wouldnt be. shiping in the material to create the virus may be easier then infecting the food before it arrives. That in itself would mean stopping the shipment at some point and infecting it. airborne with a limited infection cycle would be my chioce. Say you send in a freighter lace the walls with charges and packs containing the virus. have the freighter damaged say from a pirate attack. even have the pirate vessel fallow it in system and then leave once the defense forces were spotted. have the crew evac then blow the freighter. the virus will spread but wont be noticed right away because of the explosion. give it a 4 to 5 day period where it dosnt infect then another say 3 days where it is infectious. these are just ideas. Being chiss i can not condone any offensive action because it is murder but hypotheticlly we do run these ideas thru testing in unknown space incase one day we must defend ourselves.

Jarek T'chort
Jul 19th, 2003, 11:43:24 AM
Thanks for the input, I'll take your points into consideration.

I'll start a thread in R&D for this, and free up this thread to discussing Tigerclaw.

Teleran Balades
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:21:18 AM
How long will the virus be able to survive, after we introduce the vaccine the virus will still be around; but how long can it live with no host sto infect and spread itself?

Jarek T'chort
Jul 21st, 2003, 01:22:21 PM
^ Look in R&D my friend.

Park Kraken
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:07:56 AM
Are we going to do this one planet at a time, cause obviously Command Tchort can't command multipule ground campaigns at the same time. And what forces will me, and Teleran command in the upcoming campaign? Finally, does anyone request any R&D things for the upcoming assault?

Jarek T'chort
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:39:07 AM
Well a possibility is that I command the main offensives of the coreward flank, then NPC other characters, such as I am grooming a NPC character, Major Vryss to command any other ground offensives comming up. Same for Telerans flank.

Park Kraken
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:41:57 AM
When will this assault be launched? The main reason for my asking is what can we construct between now, and when the assault is launched.

Telan Desaria
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:28:01 AM
think in terms of rl,Kracken. There will be no set date. I am working things out right now. Give me a few. Construction will proceed. Think in terms of sheer mass and possibility. What, if Admiral Kracken were real, would he be able to watch built in the course of , say, six months?

Park Kraken
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:36:41 PM
Well, if we could build a Centurion in one month, then in six months, in our large slips, we could build quite a formidable fleet of star destroyers, not to mention a crapload of support vessels.

Park Kraken
Jul 28th, 2003, 09:42:49 PM
32 Large Slipways total
80 Small Shipways total
Each Large Slipway can produce 1 Star Destroyer sized vessel per 3 months = 64 Star Destoyers
Each Small Slipway can produce 1 Support Vessel per month = 420 Support Vessels.

Of course, if we built this many ships, then we would need a lot of ore, and other supplies, which would probaly mean resource raids on colony worlds, or small NR worlds, etc.

Jarek T'chort
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:31:03 PM
What is our actual stance with the NR? We are'nt in outright war, so are we officially at war with them but unofficially not etc?

Park Kraken
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:40:24 PM
Hey, Telan, with your permission, I would like to take my fleet into NR space on a shakedown cruise so that they can gain some combat experience. Pending your permission, I need to contact the NR leaders before I launch the raid, correct?

Park Kraken
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:23:15 PM
The Fleet:
Centurion Star Destroyer (CSD) Glorious.
ISD MK2 ILLousrious
VSD MK1 Indomitable
Lancer MK2 Valiant
Lancer MK2 Warspite
Support Cruiser Watchkeeper
This was the fleet that was built at Thyferra under the thread that was to be 1 IC month time. After repairs taking approximatly 2 weeks IC, I would wish to take the fleet out, and hopefully give the crews some valuable ship to ship combat experience without taking too heavy losses.

Telan Desaria
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:09:22 PM
All VSD Is were scrapped or converted, same with the IIs. All VSD and ISD ships are Mk III or better.

Narrow your fleet by one Lancer and you have permission to become involved in a MINOR skirmish (ie - no reinfocements) with a Rebel force if you so chose. Make the post in storytelling AFTER you have an opponent chosen. I wish I could do it, but I have several other things going on in three galaxies. I am up to my ears in rps...

Park Kraken
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:31:23 PM
Right. Who do you think I should go up against? I think either NewRepublicNavalOfficer, or Lion El Johnson would be good to go after. Which one do you think I should choose? Also, I do have to contact them before I start, correct? Or do I just start the thread?

Telan Desaria
Aug 13th, 2003, 05:55:02 PM
contact them. Make arroangements. Plan it out. We are imperials. we are meticulous.

Park Kraken
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:22:10 PM
Oh yeah, would you mind if I replace all of my fighters with TIE/Droid Fighters? About three could be carried in place of 2 of the normal sized fighters, giving me half again as many fighters to take into combat.

Telan Desaria
Aug 18th, 2003, 03:17:36 PM
no. I do not use them yet. All are either Defender IIIs for mainline craft or Scimitars for fighters. We use nothing less/

Park Kraken
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:46:20 PM
Okay, the plan has been arraigned, except now that I have started the post, Lion doesn't seem eager to post. Maybe he's just busy. Oh, BTW, I am hoping to have Teleran Balades, and Jarek Tchort join the Operation with the brevet ranks of Commodore, and Field Marshall with your approval. Tchort would infiltrate the Moon Starfighter Base before the attack, and blow up the launch tubes for the Starfighters, and Shuttles there, then be extracted. Teleran would at first command the Star Destroyer Illoustrious, and use it to lure out the Defense Fleet away from the planet, where the rest of my fleet would ambush it. Then, he would command all of the starfighters in the operation.

My current fleet:
CSD Glorious
ISD MK3 Illoustrious
VSD Mk3 Indomitable
IC Entanglement
LF Mk2 Valiant

Jarek T'chort
Sep 4th, 2003, 11:10:02 AM
^Lion El Johnson is'nt doing anything at the moment, I hope he replies sometime, but my part is finished now.

And when will Tigerclaw start? Any rough OOC timetable?

Park Kraken
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:04:08 PM
Hey Tchort, if you want to, I have a possible assignment for you. I will soon be starting a thread in storytelling about the cleanup, and restorement of Hilari. I was wanting to install a massive Stormtrooper training facility there, along with a good size Starfighter production base, a large planeterey garrison installment, and a good sized Fleet Base, along with a small shipyard. Since I am like the ruler of Hilari, I am building up the facilites necessary to maintain my fleet there, and base it there, so that we don't have to go all the way back to Thyferra all the time, and for other reasons, plus, the heavy industry is still leftover from the reconquering, so we already have the basic infrastructre in place. Want to help?

Jarek T'chort
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:29:01 PM
Of course. Be glad to help out. You planning a rp for this?

Telan Desaria
Sep 4th, 2003, 03:12:14 PM
A note - you are not the ruler of Hilari. You are the Military Prefect. That means you are responsible for its defense and security.

Your request to create a stormtrooper training facility on Hilari is approved. You do not, however, have to return to Thyferra every time you complete a mission. I do because it is the capital and the planet of my new home.

You can do as you wish - there are bases throughout the Sovereignty.

Park Kraken
Sep 12th, 2003, 09:06:41 AM
Yes, I am not the ruler of Hilari. On a side note, I probaly should have asked first, but with your permission I am using the Protective Measures thread to gather the Taskforce together before our operation on Anoth. A gathering point for the Taskforce to be launched, in other words. I have spread rumors that we have learned that a major Pirate orginization, combined with mercs, is launching a operation on Hilari to reliberate the world from us. It is the perfect excuse to gather a large group of warships together.