PDA

View Full Version : New Republic ..... yoo-hooooo

Telan Desaria
Jul 15th, 2003, 05:41:46 PM
If I remember the common sense rules, I need to make a request before I can commence attacks on a planet.

As such, here goes.

For the future, when I am finished testing my new recruits their trial by fire is going to be an expansion of the Sovereignty towards the Rim and Mid-Rim areas. Affected planets will be:

Praestylin
Clak-dor VII
Xagobah (not dagobah)
Kraest
Bpfassh
Sullust
Omwat
Sluis Van

Any owners of these planets?

Yes, I realize this will require a large numbers of posts but this my work for this month: to concentrate my efforts on one operation that is not needed to be rushed. By strategic planning for this is a triple pronged pincer. The Core-ward most pincer will envelop space on a Sullust-Omwat axis. The Rim-ward drive will go from near the Elrood Sector and meet the other at Praestylin. The center prong will sweep in a broad stroke into the Sluis Sector and engage forces and defenses along the Sluis-Bpfassh-Prae. axis.

I did not want to ruin the suprise, but some of my members are aching for some NR action and i felt I should oblige.

BTW - these thrusts, when initiated, will cut off the inner planets from reinforcements. Defense forces currently assigned will be considered isolated.

Darth Viscera
Jul 15th, 2003, 08:08:43 PM
It's like I'm looking through some distorted mirror at a crazier version of me from 3 years ago!

Telan, how about you think of shifting your priorities from taking lots of planets to taking one planet, but getting a lot of people involved and turning that one planet RP into something extensive and enjoyable?

It's not about taking planets or building ships man, it's about the fun you have while doing it. Am I right?

Telan Desaria
Jul 15th, 2003, 08:53:11 PM
I'm doing that. But given the current state of things, doing only a one planet campaign is not sensible logistically, tactically, or strategically. The given plan which I have layed ou is sound strategically because it eliminates a signicant threat to a somewhat exposed flank, eliminates a center for enemy ship production while shifting its ownership to me, and gives me control over another shipping route which we can further use to strangle the Core and rebuild the Empire.

I have in the past done single plant conquering. But I have the member base, IC production base, and taken the time to slowly build an empire. And I have no plans of making this short and sweet and the bare minimum. I am taking a great deal of time to train my people and make sure this is fun. Ask them. This is the key point I have stressed that it is not a quick victory which is preferrable, but a glorious and well written defeat.

Darth Viscera
Jul 16th, 2003, 01:33:05 AM
Ah well, shucks. I tried.

Senator Kensington
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:08:23 AM
Apparently, we only own Clak'dor VII. I think several of the others might be taken, but I'll have to check. I'll also have to double-check our planet list.

Alexi Hesith
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:46:38 AM
The good Senator is correct, you are attacking only one NR world. If you want more impact go after some of those which are definitely part of the NR.

The full list of NR members, based on existing Senate threads, is:

Anobis
Anoth
Arcan IV (NRSF) *
Bonadan
Bothawui *
Calan (NR/Cizerack Pride) IN CONTENTION
Chandrila *
Chiss
Chorax
Clak'dor VII*
Dagobah (GJO)
Dynasine *
Fornax
Gall *
Gand
Helska
Ison
Osarian
Ota
Kile II
Kuat *
Mon Calamari*
Nehantish *
Pakrik Major
Pil Diller *
Reecee
Roon *
Rudrig *
Sernpidal
Taloraan *
Vortex *
Yavin system (GJO)
Yavin (GJO)
Yavin 4 (GJO)
Yavin 8 (GJO)
Yavin 13 (GJO)

* indicates a known Senator, some are form RP groups, others act independantly. If you want more info I suggest you find them.

I myself represent Gall (please don't come after us!)

Shanaria Fabool
Jul 16th, 2003, 11:43:11 AM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria

For the future, when I am finished testing my new recruits their trial by fire is going to be an expansion of the Sovereignty towards the Rim and Mid-Rim areas. Affected planets will be:

Praestylin
Clak-dor VII
Xagobah (not dagobah)
Kraest
Bpfassh
Sullust
Omwat
Sluis Van

Any owners of these planets?

Omwat is not on any side. They are a localy run goverment and have a VERY large and powerfull ground forces, and is the home to all of Shanaria's family (ALL JEDI). Please leave Omwat alone... It would mess up alot of the plans I have for Shanaria, and would get a number of Jedi Really mad at you.

Omwat is not a threat or ally to any side unless one side attacks them. So please don't go for Omwat.

Telan Desaria
Jul 16th, 2003, 03:06:50 PM
Very well. I will not attack Omwat.

And this should be known. Ison is an Imperial planet. It was taken during Operation Zitadelle several months ago. It along with several other systems forms the Imperial Corridor Sector.

Just FYI.

Dagobah also does appear in the scope of my attack, but as there is no forces or population thereupon, it will merely be left with some droid-manned relay platforms and left alone.

Senator Kensington
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:46:36 PM
And I suggest that if you take over all those neutral worlds, because they would be independent and not have anything close to what you would have militarily, perhaps you could make it interesting by a take-over by some other means. A coup, perhaps. Smashing through local defense forces could get boring.

imported_Marcus
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:51:09 PM
Now I'm having flash backs why fleeting suck.

Senator Kensington
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:56:04 PM
I believe Desaria is a capable fleeter. It will take a very long time if he does it right, though... like months. Maybe spring 2004 :D

Darth Viscera
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:11:22 PM
Originally posted by Marcus
Now I'm having flash backs why fleeting suck.

Ditto.

Telan Desaria
Jul 17th, 2003, 11:01:53 AM
thank you. And I did indeed havbe something more....sinister...than standard tactical maneuvering planned.

Park Kraken
Jul 17th, 2003, 12:42:41 PM
:evil Indeed. *Shares smile with Telan*

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Jul 17th, 2003, 02:37:58 PM
I will watch with interest from the unknown at the outcome of this.

Jarek T'chort
Jul 17th, 2003, 02:57:38 PM
I am taking a great deal of time to train my people and make sure this is fun. Ask them.

It's not about taking planets or building ships man, it's about the fun you have while doing it. Am I right?

Telan is correct, we are undergoing the training side and with the large member base we have it will be interesting to see a large scale attack by the Soveriegnty.

perhaps you could make it interesting by a take-over by some other means. A coup, perhaps. Smashing through local defense forces could get boring.

It will take time, but if each thread is about different worlds, peoples and enviroments, there is a wealth of information, detail and scenarios that can be used and played out in such an RP.
Think of this, we have intelligence personel, fleet, army, inquisitorate etc so we can use a number of different storylines.
I look forward to it.

Telan Desaria
Jul 17th, 2003, 03:03:21 PM
*tear*

I am so proud to finally have so many members...

*gets all sentimental*

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Jul 17th, 2003, 03:12:44 PM
dont cry yet