PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football for Free

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:17:27 PM
We did this once a couple of years ago and I found it a lot of fun. I believe jjwr did it at the time. Well I see Yahoo is letting people do it for Free here

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

I think it would be fun to try again. Anybody interested? I will play anyway I think but it might just be on a public board. But it would be cool if some of us could get together and have our own league.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:49:44 PM
I might be interested, depending on how ya do the scoring system and other stuff like that. Never have been a fan of the yahoo fantasy games

sirdizzy
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:53:56 PM
i was on a free yahoo league last year (i am on one again this year too) and they are pretty fun

espn.com has free leagues too

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:59:15 PM
I didn't know ESPN had free leagues I will have to take a look at it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2003, 10:05:38 PM
I went to ESPN I didn't see any free leagues? jjwr found a good one but I can't remember at all what site that was.

ReaperFett
Jul 15th, 2003, 05:21:21 AM
Sandbox.

Sene Unty
Jul 15th, 2003, 08:37:10 AM
the ESPN one is really good. I would be very interested in doing it with you guys if you want...I'll be there.

Never mind the ESPN one is not free....I am currently loking in at the yahoo one, but I am not going to pay thirty bucks to play a make believe football game.

If we get a free one I'll be there..

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:40:11 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Sandbox.

Snadbox won't be free this year.

ReaperFett
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:51:57 AM
I was just saying where we were last time :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 15th, 2003, 11:58:20 AM
Yeah too bad its not free any more. If anybody knows one beside Yahoo let us know.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 23rd, 2003, 12:37:37 PM
Okay I set it up on Yahoo. If anybody wants to join the group is SWFans.net, password krjbx4, League ID#150054. You will need to register a yahoo account if you don't have one but it is free so that shouldn't be a problem.

Here is the address again

sirdizzy
Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:39:51 PM
can you be in more than one yahoo league?

sirdizzy
Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:43:26 PM
oh well i guess i can add another yahoo account for my other league if i have to, so i joined up

Figrin D'an
Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:59:54 PM
I'm signed up. I usually don't do fantasy sports, and it's been a while since I've done a fantasy football team, but I'll give it shot again.

You may want to copy this to the RP OOC forum. There might be a few people there that are interested that don't check this forum regularly.

ReaperFett
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:34:00 PM
Dont let OOC in yet, let us get all the good players first :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:37:48 PM
lol there is a limit of 20 too I couldn't go any higher. Also their is some option of a playoff but it only works at like week 15 for the top 4 players and I am not sure if I want to penalize everyone else for the last two games. I think I will go without a playoff unless there is an uproar to do one

ReaperFett
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:42:11 PM
I missed something, but when do you take in players?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:52:53 PM
We draft them I have to select the day we draft, I am going to wait a few weeks for that I want to see how many join up if we reach 20 I will select then or we will wait until a next month. For the draft you click on your team and select edit prerankings there you can select your preferences at each position. So say you want to select Ricky Williams first you select his name off the list and you use the arrows to move him over. You can also exclude players like if you know somebody will be hurt select him over. Now you won't necessarly get your first pick if you and Me have the same choice and you went first you would get him before me. That is the way it works throughout the draft. Now you don't have to make any changes if you don't want to the computer will pick the players for you and will make sure you have the right amount of players etc. It is kind of up for you.
Did that make sense? That to me is the hardest part to figure out I think there is a help section on the site that will answer some of your question if you can't make sense of it I or somebody else will. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:55:29 PM
Also if anybody really huge gets hurt I will let everybody know so we can exclude them nobody somebody have to get somebody on IR.

Sene Unty
Jul 23rd, 2003, 06:43:02 PM
I just signed up....my team is Sean's Boys :D

ReaperFett
Jul 23rd, 2003, 07:08:10 PM
I'm the Dumbdevils :D

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:38:29 PM
Crunchy Critters have joined.. and ticked that Peerless is now with the Falcons and not with Buf. >_<

Figrin D'an
Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:03:11 PM
Are we to wait until the NFL preseason is almost over to hold our league draft, or are we going to do it sooner? I just would like to know, since I'm going to be gone all of next week and will have no net access.

Sene Unty
Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:58:00 PM
I am going to be gone aug. 6-8 so I can't do it then...

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:39:13 AM
I will probably wait until the preseason is almost over we can set a date if you like. The last Preasongame is August 25, how about doing it August 26. Does that sound good? We can do it a week or a few days earlier too either way works for me. Of course you can make your rankings now if you want the only question is will anybody get hurt which is something no one can predict.

jjwr
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:27:29 AM
August 26th would work, that way we'll all have a good idea of who's going to be out there and who will be hurt and missing time.

As for the questions you had JMC, I think if your able more than 1 Defensive player would be the way to go, that will cut down on your bench a bit and make the players think a bit more about who they draft :)

The playoffs can be fun, just a bit of added fun to the system. By starting after Week 15 it gives those top few teams a few more weeks to duke it out and the rest of us who sucked out a few free weekends to enjoy the end of the season.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 24th, 2003, 11:45:39 AM
Also jjwr should we do head to head or Points League? I have set as Head to Head that is the default but we can do Points I wasn't sure which was easier. I also changed it as far as positions go and I set the playoff thing to on so there will be a playoff the last two weeks (week 16 and 17) I would set it to 3 weeks but so far we don't have enough teams if we get closer to 20 I will change that.

jjwr
Jul 24th, 2003, 12:19:04 PM
I'm not sure about the points, h2h can be fun but it can also really hose you if you happen to be playing against someone who has a freak game(4TD's, etc) or a few of your guys happen to do bad. Points are bad and everyone is on a bit of a more even standing, no worries about h2h matches and getting totally hosed if you have a bad week.

sirdizzy
Jul 24th, 2003, 08:41:52 PM
ok if we are doing it august 26th then i get special priveleges

i get first pick because its my birthday, i get first pick because i start my senior year of college that day, i get first pick becuase i joined the league first

if you need any other reasons why i get first pick just ask

and i won't even take priest holmes

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 24th, 2003, 08:55:33 PM
I am not sure how the first pick is decided really? It might be figured by the computer I would have to check, if not I think something like that should be voted on. And about the points thing it looks like if we don't do head to head we don't do playoffs so because they are linked. It does matter to me but I do remember head to head on Sanbox and I lost some games when I would have won if I played everybody else. We could do this by vote if we want that might be the easiest way to decide.

Finally about you not picking Holmes I guess I would have to say I want him being a Chiefs fan. Still I have to admit he is a risky pick he is coming off a bad injury and there is this whole contract thing. Where he has said he might sit out if doesn't get what an extension, it will be a thing to watch that is for sure and I will update that issue as Camp goes on I think we will know Holmes' Status by Aug 26.

sirdizzy
Jul 24th, 2003, 09:06:39 PM
still how can you deny the birthday boy the first pick

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 24th, 2003, 09:53:29 PM
I actually can set the order but I would only do it if everybody else agreed too, I can't think of a fair way to do it. To me Random is the fairest way.

Figrin D'an
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:36:19 PM
If there is a randomization function for the draft order, that would be the best way to do it.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 25th, 2003, 11:44:25 AM
Randomize the draft. It's the fairest option.

Also, I love head to head. It has a more competative feel. ^_^

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 25th, 2003, 12:05:32 PM
That is the way I am going to do it, so Dizzy if you get the first pick it will be pure luck but maybe you will be lucky who knows. As far as head to head I am okay with it that way, unless the rest of you object to it.

Sene Unty
Jul 25th, 2003, 11:10:13 PM
Head to head is great....

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2003, 10:44:32 AM
I am updating this in case anybody wants to join now we have like 3 weeks to go until we have to do the draft. No major updates so far, no major injuries yet to report (of major players) I will update those if I hear about any.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:34:20 PM
First major injury QB Michael Vick he will miss the first 4 games of the season. I don't think I will take him at all considering that.

sirdizzy
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:30:04 PM
i don't know he might be a good backup if you could pick him up 8-9th round of the draft

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:53:01 PM
Maybe but just warning people about him. Also WR Jimmy Smith got supended for the first 4 games by the NFL, now I wouldn't take him at all right now.

Ryan Pode
Aug 16th, 2003, 11:24:16 PM
The Frisky Imperials have joined the league.

sirdizzy
Aug 17th, 2003, 06:51:44 AM
i doubt i would have drafted smith before he got suspended

Ryan Pode
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:16:26 PM
I've got an enitre team ready to be picked.

jjwr
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:19:45 AM
I'm in as the Patriots! Now comes the always difficult task of rating your players, this is where the real action is!

I'm actually in another League on Yahoo and that one is going to have a Live draft, that'll be the first one I've ever done so it should be interesting.

jjwr
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:21:58 AM
Am I missing where you can rank all of the players so in theory they get drafted in the order you specify?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:59:31 AM
Look under select team and there should be a thing called edit pre-rankings that should take there of that. Second I was thinking about the league draft. I thought for some reasons the last exhibition games were this weekend but I was wrong we have another week, so the question is you want to wait? The first Game is Thursday September 4 so should we do it the Monday before that or go ahead and do it on the 26?

jjwr
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:15:15 PM
I don't care either way, the 26th is fine but you have the chance of losing a player to a bad injury that last weekend of pre-season.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 20th, 2003, 08:25:26 PM
I know that is what I am thinking but here is another thing the first game is Thursday so you would only have like two days to make any roster changes like trading players and stuff like that. Really it doesn't bother me too much though if everybody is fine with the 26 that is cool. Also if you know of anybody who might be interested let them know about it. I could put a post on the OCC if you guys think there might be some people there who never come here who might be interested.

sirdizzy
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:45:27 PM
how many should you rank do you think

i did like the first 100 (which would be 10 players for a 10 player league and i would be safe)

i did mix in a lot of players i don't really want though (heck i think i even threw Michael Vick in somewhere in the 90's)

i also threw out a lot of players in my exluded list losers like emmit smith, jerome bettis, anthony thomas

and a few players that will most likely be good but that i just didn't want like rich gannon, brad johnson and jeff garcia

oh and i got a question about defense, i have always played where ya got a team as you defense ala the broncos defense

this has players, i don't even know how to go about that i selected 5-6 but i can't see players being big scorers how many are we required to have

Figrin D'an
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:23:47 PM
I'm not a fan of selecting individual defensive players either. The team defense concept is a lot easier and more practical, IMO.

All total, I'm probably going to rank about 150 players.

And, if anyone was planning upon just using the default rankings... don't. Yahoo's fantasy rankings suck. Either decide for yourself, or use ESPN or SI rankings or something... you'll be much better off.

sirdizzy
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:56:37 PM
that goes without saying did you see how high yahoo rated Trung Canidate the redskins new running back

look at what spurrier did with a good back in stephen davis he ran him out of town and wouldn't play him

now ya got some so so nobody back and people are actually drafting him, my god i wouldn't take a redskin back as my 13th round pick, i would have had trouble taking davis this year if he had stayed after seeing what a hack spurrier is

i never watch college football but everyone is always talkign this guy up to me he can't coach for the spit, i don't think the guy should be coaching peewee

the only thing the skins had going for them on offense was their running game but spurrier puts in some stupid as hell pass happy scheme with no QB's to run it and no WR's to throw to, he shelves davis and can't seem to realize the only time they win is when davis is getting the ball

hes a freaking moron, a good coach adjusts to the personel he has (look at chucky he didn't try to run oakland schemes with the bucs offense he instead made up schemes that worked for them and he won the superbowl go figure) play from your strengths not your weaknesses

i wouldn't draft walter payton in his prime if he was on a team spurrier was coaching

Figrin D'an
Aug 20th, 2003, 11:09:36 PM
Spurrier is a pretty good coach, although I think he probably should have remained at Florida. That's just my opinion, though.

The real problem with the Redskins is Dan Snyder. He's the third worst owner in the league behind Mike Brown and Bill Bidwell.

jjwr
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:29:39 AM
I'll typically rank the top 10-15 per position, maybe more depending on how the system has them ranked.

What I'll try and do is place a few studs at the very top of the RB pool in hopes of nailing one of them and then on the QB's and WR's I try for a few mid-level guys near the top(though not 1, 2's obviously) who I think will do well and I can get early.

Emmitt Smith could have a decent year for the Cardinals, he may not be a bad #2 RB, I'd have to agree on the others though.

As for Defensive players, I've done it both ways, I don't mind individual defensive players, occasionally you'll get a huge game out of one if they get a few sacks or have a INT or Fumble return for TD. Your best choices are sack happy lineman who get a solid 3-5 tackles a game, line backers who rack up the Tackles and will get you a occasional sack or TO. CB's & Safeties are a bit tougher, they may not get as many Tackles but there is the whole INT factor and more potential TD's. If I could get someone like Lewis, Strahan, Peppers, Urlacher, etc I'd be very happy.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:05:04 PM
I would take LBs because they are better gamble. Also with this draft it goes by player right? and not by position that is what I saw at least.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 24th, 2003, 12:36:38 AM
Pennington got hurt broke his left hand he will probalby be out a while. I would pick him at all.

sirdizzy
Aug 24th, 2003, 01:20:27 PM
wheeeewww, i am already in the midst of a self draft on another leauge and someone took pennignton in the 2nd round (i was looking at him as a backup after plummer)

i got clinton portis, terell owens, stephen davis and jake plummer so far

i was thinking of grabbing pennigto, tommy maddox or michael vick as my back up

sirdizzy
Aug 24th, 2003, 01:20:51 PM
oh and brian griese is out too as well so another QB bites the dust

sirdizzy
Aug 24th, 2003, 01:22:43 PM
and ya know as much as i ripped on trung candidate i am considering taking him in the 5th round since hes still up and i don't feel hes too big of a risk as #3 back

Ace McCloud
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:03:30 PM
Alright Im gonna sign up, if its not too late. Is it? If not can yall give me the info on what league and such.

Figrin D'an
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:18:39 PM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
i was thinking of grabbing pennigto, tommy maddox or michael vick as my back up

Even before the injuries to Pennington and Vick, I probably would have taken Maddox out of those three. The Steelers are going to throw the ball a lot this year, and if Maddox is as sharp in the regular season as he looked the other night, he should have a great year.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2003, 01:19:59 AM
No its not too late
here is the info

Okay I set it up on Yahoo. If anybody wants to join the group is SWFans.net, password krjbx4, League ID#150054. You will need to register a yahoo account if you don't have one but it is free so that shouldn't be a problem.

Here is the address again

The draft is kind of set for Tuesday but I am puting it off till Friday if there are no objections. I am trying to give people some time to get there drafts rankings ready. And in case anyb body else wants to join. Should I put a thread like this in the OCC? Or do you think anybody else there will be interested?

jjwr
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:56:31 AM
Our Draft isn't live by chance is it? Is it too late to change? :)

Went through and did my rankings last night, I can't say I like the way Yahoo does it. In the one I did last year even though it was random you had a lot more control, you had the option to select which positions to draft in what order and could order those positions on their own rather than having to rank all 500 players. And the yahoo lists are ugly to maintain, you have to select each player and bring them over one at a time.

I ranked the top 100, hope I get some decent players but who knows.

ReaperFett
Aug 25th, 2003, 08:00:25 AM
I think people in OOC would be interested, just tell them a few days before :)

So how exactly do you do this draft thing? :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 25th, 2003, 10:17:09 AM
I say OOC-it-up. Some there might want to join.

And I'd tell ya how you'd do the draft thing, if it is live, but I missed the live draft for the other league I'm in. Still got some decent players and am expecting a top 4 in the league this season. I'm stacked on the WR, QB, K and D aspect, with a decent TE. But my RB's need to re-work their game plan. They just haven't been able to adapt to my no huddle O. =(

sirdizzy
Aug 25th, 2003, 10:58:41 AM
i liked vick as the #1 Qb in the entire draft before he got hurt, but there is no way i was burning a late 1st round pick to get him (mcnabb went 10th in my other draft)

now that he's slipped to the 7-8th round i think hes a steal and i agree i liked tommy maddox too but hes another nice late round steal

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:27:25 AM
The draft isn't live to me its too hard to do that way. And Reaper about the draft rankings, go to my Team. There you will see the name and undertat utilities. There will be one that says edit prerankings, click it. Then you will see something that says pre-ranked player's list and under that edit pre rankings click that. After that you will come to a page that where you can edit the rankings it is pretty simple to follow you just click which players you want and when you want to select them. Also you don't have to do anything you can just let Yahoo to do it for you though some people say there ranking system isn't very good. Finally about the OCC I will go make a post now on and see if I can gather up some interest.

ReaperFett
Aug 25th, 2003, 12:15:06 PM
Okay, so the list is the order I try for players, right? So, if theres a player I REALLY want, I put him top?

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 25th, 2003, 01:20:05 PM
No, you put him at the bottom. :p

OH!

Are you gonna be doing that thing we did last year? Like the Box Office contest? That was mad fun.

ReaperFett
Aug 25th, 2003, 01:35:29 PM
...DONT JOKE WITH ME BOY! I CAN BAN YOU!

........;)

So, I am right? :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 25th, 2003, 01:46:30 PM
dooo it! *taunts*

Errr.. I mean.. yes, yes, you are right. *bows*

jjwr
Aug 26th, 2003, 06:17:35 AM
Yup put them in the order you want. So if you have sleeper players get them high on your list and you'll probably get them as other people will have them low.

What I don't like is it doesn't seem like the full slate of defensive players is available for ranking purposes and I still don't like that you can't say draft my top RB in Round #1, top QB in round #2, etc.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 26th, 2003, 11:08:35 AM
Yeah that I don't like either it makes it hard to know who you are going to get. Also about the defensive players I think they are all there I had trouble finding one player ranking wise so I put them in Alphabetic order to find him and he was there, it just is a messy ranking system as far as defense goes.

jjwr
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:38:44 AM
Agreed, I'll probably head in after the draft and grab a few off the waiver wire, I have a feeling it'll stick me with total crap Defensive players so gotta get at least a few decent ones out of it.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:02:26 AM
Man I and the Chiefs suffured a scare yesterday. Tony Gonzalez went down and hurt his knee. Now it looks very minor just a knee sprain. I think he will probably play in the first game but still that was a major scare, I was very worried when I heard about it. The Chiefs can't afford to lose Gonzalez they need him as much as Holmes.

sirdizzy
Aug 27th, 2003, 08:34:19 PM
this was my draft in another league

Clinton Portis (RB-Den), Terrell Owens (WR-SF), Jake Plummer (QB-Den), Trung Candidate (RB-Wash), Chad Johnson (WR-Cin), Anthony Thomas (RB-Chi), Darrell Jackson (WR-Sea), Tommy Maddox (QB-Pit), Ashley Lelie (WR-Den), Jeff Reed (K-Pit), Tennesse Defense (Def-Ten), Chicago Defense (Def-Chi), Josh Brown (K-Sea)

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:00:13 PM
My team in Yahoo pub is:

McNair, Steve (QB-Ten)
Porter, Jerry (WR-Oak)
Coles, Laveranues (WR-Was)
Conway, Curtis (WR-NYJ)
Lewis, Jamal (RB-Bal)
Staley, Duce (RB-Phi)
Heap, Todd (TE-Bal)
Warner, Kurt (QB-StL)
Davis, Stephen (RB-Car)
Barlow, Kevan (RB-SF)
Jackson, Darrell (WR-Sea)
Bradford, Corey (WR-Hou)
Stover, Matt (K-Bal)
Edinger, Paul (K-Chi)
Baltimore (DEF-Bal)

Figrin D'an
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:52:39 PM
I still need to tweak my rankings. :\

sirdizzy
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:37:22 PM
i am happy with my first draft, this auto draft seems scary to me i am probably going to end up with the weirdest team

Figrin D'an
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:07:49 PM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
... this auto draft seems scary to me i am probably going to end up with the weirdest team

I agree... I just see my team being the complete antithesis of what I would expect.

jjwr
Aug 28th, 2003, 06:14:20 AM
Auto-drafts aren't bad with enough control but this draft is lacking in that, it really needs a way for you to let the computer know how you want to draft, ie RB in Round #1, etc.

Basically get all the players you really want on your top 100, after that its a crap shoot and it'll go by yahoo rankings, which aren't horrible and include all the big names so you should still get decent players, just not optimal.

Waiver wire will be your friend on this one.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 29th, 2003, 10:23:21 AM
I see we got 11 teams now, no big deal just means somebody gets a bye every week. Also I am setting the draft around 4PM so everybody better set their rankings. If somebody can't let me know and I can put the draft back a few hours.

Figrin D'an
Aug 29th, 2003, 01:59:56 PM
4PM in which time-zone?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 29th, 2003, 02:11:13 PM
EST I haven't done it yet and if you want me to wait longer I can.

Figrin D'an
Aug 29th, 2003, 02:35:02 PM
Actually, the longer we wait on this, the more I'm going to second guess my rankings. I'd say just do it and get it over with. Everyone has had plenty of warning.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 29th, 2003, 02:35:57 PM
K thats cool didn't know if you hadn't finished with the rankings and I agree with you waiting any longer and I might change my rankings again.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 29th, 2003, 02:37:56 PM
Ok I did it the thing says the draft will be completed between now and Monday, not sure if it will take that long, not sure how Yahoo works it. It could be drafting players right now for all I know.

Figrin D'an
Aug 29th, 2003, 02:40:02 PM
How is the draft order for the teams decided? Randomized by the system?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 29th, 2003, 02:44:52 PM
Randomized and I just checked Draft Results and it says it will determine the draft order 30 minutes before the draft starts perhaps that is what is doing now. Yahoo is sure slow unless it does that to give you a chance to cancel the draft. One thing I had to do real quick I just realized I had undrafted players listed as waiver wire moves that would have been a problem I changed it to FA. If anybody sees anything else in the next 30 minutes let me know.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 29th, 2003, 05:45:41 PM
I wonder how long it takes to get the draft started it still is stuck on that 30 minutes thing.

Ryan Pode
Aug 29th, 2003, 09:39:34 PM
Your autopick draft will be completed sometime between now and Monday, September 1 at 11:59 pm PT

sirdizzy
Aug 30th, 2003, 12:38:31 AM
its done and i was right it was a crap shoot

really happy with my first 3 picks

clinton portis, william green and randy moss (i love my top reciever/running back combo in both my leagues this year in my other one its portis/terrell owens and here its portis/moss)

i even got aaron brooks and tommy maddox some great QBs

but wow did i get some shifty picks like jimmy smith (i thought i kicked him to my do not take list) and michael bennett

i am guessing Johnson, Larry (RB-KC) is holmes' backup???

and who the hell is crispy critters why on earth did they take jay fielder #1

i think my main problem was i didn't expect such a deep roster or i would have changed my rankings to adjust for it

oh well i love my starting roster some of my backups are fishy and may need to be kicked to the curb but all in all not too bad

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 30th, 2003, 12:48:25 AM
Yeah Johnson is Holmes backup. Also I am so happy I lucked out and got my two players I wanted the most Holmes and Gonzalez. Still I am not extremely lucky my two running backs Holmes and James were both hurt last year so if I get unlucky and they both get hurt ouch because my backups are LaMont Jordan and Shawn Byrson ouch. Bryson though will probably start with Stewart out but still. I need to search the FA list for somebody better.

sirdizzy
Aug 30th, 2003, 01:00:04 AM
LOL i just checked the FA list and that is even fishier than my guys i don't want wow talk about being aneimic

and your my week 1 opponet my first victim per say thats good ya need to be taught your place in this world ;)

and who the heck are the crispy critters, the Dumbdevils (no joke), and the Frisky Imperials we really need to check the drug content of their water

its like have not 1 but 3 cincinatti bengals in our league

bring on the bungles

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 30th, 2003, 01:08:15 AM
Dumbdevils are Reapers team. the others I am not sure. Reaper really picked some odd players but maybe he knows something we don't :p Yeah I see we meet week 1. And as you can see I am really putting a lot on the Chiefs having a big year having Holmes, Gonzales, Anderson and Barber as starters. I might add Boeritger he is going to be somebody to watch the kid can fly. I am debating about Green I think I will go with Manning for now I think he will have another huge year. I don't have much choice at QB with Stewart my 3rd guy. Also I fixed my RB issue though the waiver wire picked up one guy who was better than the other three. Yahoo ratings stink that is all I can say.

sirdizzy
Aug 30th, 2003, 01:12:32 AM
i might be consider shopping william green so i can dump bennett, i am a little weak at RB because of him with amos being my only solid backup

sirdizzy
Aug 30th, 2003, 01:15:59 AM
i alos noticed another big broncos fan BladeIce he grabbed a lot of my boys

jake plummer, ed mccafrey, jason elam, and deltha oneal

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 30th, 2003, 01:20:23 AM
not sure who he is. Which team are you Figrin, the Lightsabers? Critters is Nathanial K'cansce's team. Sean' Boys is Sean's team. Frisky Imperials is Ryan's team (I see your a big Raven's fan) I think it helps to figure whose team by who they picked :p

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 30th, 2003, 01:34:16 AM
Maybe everybody should tell which team is your I just would like to know. Also if somebody need help with getting some better players. Let me know and either we can get you some through trades (I am sure we have some extra players that we don't need on each team) or through FA. I don't want people to have players who won't play at all in the regular season and that kind of stuff. I want to try to give everybody a chance.

sirdizzy
Aug 30th, 2003, 01:46:10 AM
hey if anyone wants michael bennett i will be more than glad to trade with ya

Figrin D'an
Aug 30th, 2003, 02:49:52 AM
Yeah, my team is the Lightsabres.

I actually did pretty well... I'm generally pleased with my lineup, although I'm deep enough at a couple of positions that I wouldn't mind considering a trade.

Not Michael Bennett, though. I'm happy with my RBs.

ReaperFett
Aug 30th, 2003, 07:51:37 AM
Yes, I AM THE DUMBDEVILS! :D

And my logic was to get people with similar surnames to me. A winning plan ;)

And hey, who could turn down a man called Jabbar Threats? :D

And hey, we're top presently ;)

Ryan Pode
Aug 30th, 2003, 08:24:20 AM
Aye, I'm the Frisky Imperials and yes I'm a big Ravens fan. And to Sean's Boys I want Todd Heap.

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 30th, 2003, 09:14:20 AM
I'm critters.

And why pick trust ole Jay? Sure he might get injured again or fall off his game late in the season like he has been known to do...

But I had him on my fantasy team last year, and he was one of my top fantasy point scorers for the first half, and gave me the ede in many a close head to head games. Besides, my back up QB I trust, and I am loving my Wideouts and backs for the moment.

You'll be surprised.

sirdizzy
Aug 30th, 2003, 12:28:01 PM
yea but jay would have been available 6-7th round and you could have gotten a top tier running back with your #1 pick like portis, holmes, williams or tomilnson

and JMC i will more than gladly trade ya holmes' backup if ya want

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 30th, 2003, 01:49:36 PM
I coulda done that, but ah well.

Sene Unty
Aug 30th, 2003, 07:56:04 PM
I am Sean's Boys since my name is Sean....which is weird that Carr would know that since I don't remember ever saying my name...as for that Todd Heap trade....depends on what your willing to give me :D

As for my picks...ehh starters good but my defense is crapliscious

Ryan Pode
Aug 30th, 2003, 08:26:08 PM
Sene, check your pending trades. I put up Joey Porter (DL-Pit) for Heap.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 30th, 2003, 09:09:50 PM
Sean, actually I looked back on this thread and found that out :p

jjwr
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:15:31 AM
Your initial D-Picks will be awefull, the Yahoo rankings are horrible and all of the great players are buried. Go in and sift through the rankings and pick them up on waivers, definetly the way to go.