PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I have to watch FOX now.

Jedieb
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:45:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0714/1580436.html
Well, at least I'll get to watch Jimmy Kimmel. Man, this is going to totally screw up my NFL Sunday morning routine.
:x

Mu Satach
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:55:04 PM
NETWORKS... BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

*stomps around and smashes things*

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:28:21 PM
Dont watch TV. At all. It's the best thing I ever stopped doing

Jedieb
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:34:53 PM
No TV? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! This is just going to ruin my Sunday mornings. Ah, this fall was probably going to be different anyway. This probably made the break that much easier. I'll just pick up the boob tube at 1PM EST when the games start.

ReaperFett
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:44:40 PM
I'd miss Alias, 24 and Scrubs too much to do that :)

Morgan Evanar
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:07:12 PM
I don't watch much, and when I do watch football its only the games, but ugh. Jimmy Kimmel is great though. Rush? Terrible idea.

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:14:05 PM
Doesn't affect me. I could care less 90% of the time when the NFL is concerned...except the occasional Steeler's game that I might actually try to watch. All else is uninteresting to me. College is my true love ^_^;

Darth Viscera
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:48:07 PM
I keep the TV on in the background about 16 hours/day, because it diverts my attention from scary things like thinking about time warps and the ending of the movie Signs. I can't let my brain go idle, because then bad things come out of it.

sirdizzy
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:56:29 PM
the only games i watch are the denver broncos games (i have seen nearly every broncos game since 1982 14-16 games a year) and i never watch the pregame shows, and i only turn to other games during commercials

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:15:10 PM
Well if I watch the pregame stuff I will flip it when that bigot loudmouth come on. Usually I just go straight to the games but I end up listening to a game on the net usually my Chiefs they are rarely on TV around here.

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:31:03 PM
Bigot?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:32:49 PM
Well he has made comments in the past that the Holocaust is exaggerated that is what I meant.

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:35:29 PM
Cite please.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:41:54 PM
I can't cite it was years ago he said it on his radio show I remember him catching a lot of flak for it, I think he has back track from his statements but I know he said it like I know Pat Buchanan has pretty much said the same thing but hasn't gone away from that opinion as much.

sirdizzy
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:50:37 PM
i kind of cheered for the chiefs last year because i had priest holmes on my fantast football league (talk about a steal i got him mid second round)

i think i want holmes or clinton portis as my first pick this year and since i won the league i get to go first

i am wondering if portis will slip to the 2nd round that would be awesome (i had portis last year but i dropped him before his game picked up for travis henry who did great anyways)

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:54:30 PM
Even still, I think calling somebody a bigot for claiming some exaggeration in the Holocaust is a bit much. You have to realize how much information is missing from so much of the historical recollections and accounts. Sure it happened and was horrible on a grand scale, but there's as much room for a skeptic there as in anything else that's shy of incontravertible.

Claiming it never happened...now that's another story entirely.

All aside, I'd have to see exactly what you're up in arms about before saying anything more on the issue. I just get a bit wary when folks play the racism card at the drop of a hat.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:57:48 PM
You see I can't remember what exactly he said I think he took it all back he may not be a racist but I know he is a loud mouth. Fascist Pat know is a different story if he lived in Germany in 1935 he would have been right there with Hitler.

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 10:00:40 PM
So talk about Pat Buchanan being the bigot, instead of Rush Limbaugh. You seem to have a better shot there.

What you meant to say is Rush is a right wing loudmouth, correct?

If we play tit-for-tat, I guarantee you that there are more on the left :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2003, 10:04:21 PM
Yeah I do heck even the Republicans knew to kick Buchanan out. At least they did something right :p

Ace McCloud
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:05:33 AM
Hah, its really sad. Limbaugh? Sigh, ratings must really be bad...

Hell, just get satellite or digital cable. I've got Tivo with digital cable and it rocks. Nothing like rewinding in a football game just to see an awesome play again.

I even record a few shows, like 24 and watch them all at once when I have free time =)

Darth Viscera
Jul 15th, 2003, 02:32:34 PM
I wish they'd show Star Trek: DS9 in syndication. I've just recently come to the conclusion that DS9 was the best Trek series ever.

Ka' el Darcverse
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:08:52 PM
I came to that conclusion along time ago, lol DS9 ruled.

I for one look forward to it, Rush is funny. As far as him being Racist, no. I listened to him religiously for 4 years, an extremist? Yes, a Racist, No.

Funny story with Rush, he and my father were childhood friends. My Grandparents and his parents used to have after church sunday lunches with each other.

Figrin D'an
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:18:16 PM
ESPN still has the best NFL pregame coverage, so I will continue to watch it. If Limbaugh becomes annoying, I'll flip the channel for a few minutes.

I wish though, rather than Rush, they would have gotten Dennis Miller. Regardless of what most people may think of his Monday Night Football role, he was damn funny, IMO.

Jedieb
Jul 16th, 2003, 03:06:33 PM
Miller would have been great. A hell of lot funnier than Fatbuagh. To tell the truth, I don't think ESPN needed to go for a 'personality' in the first place. They've always had the reputation of being the NFL pregame show that catered the most to die hard fans. Can you picture Jaws' film study on any other pregame show? FOX was more of a showboat I mean c'mon, do you really need a silicon Barbie doll describing the weather in cities with Domes :rolleyes They should have just gone after another coach or explayer to replace the Tuna. Aside from Fatbaugh's obnoxiousness, I just don't think he can even come close to being funny without dragging his politics onto the set. If he could keep his extreme right wing blathering off the set he could be bearable. If you can do that kind of job without bringing those political or even religous views onto the set then you're doing your job. I doubt most people know Chris Mortenson is a born again Christian but he keeps his beliefs OFF the set. I doubt Fatbaugh will be able to do the same.

Charley
Jul 16th, 2003, 03:37:14 PM
Considering that Limbaugh was in sports commentary before he got into the whole political talkshow gig, I think he can do this kind of thing just fine.

Taylor Millard
Jul 16th, 2003, 06:24:20 PM
You know, I'm reminded of people telling how they didn't want Howard Cosell doing Monday Night Football because of his political beliefs. And look what happened...he's one of the most beloved sports broadcasters of his time. He's actually, if I remember correctly, Limbaugh's hero when it comes to sports broadcasting.

And Limbaugh does know and love his football. Atleast the times I've heard him talk about football he does really appear to know his stuff.

I say give him a chance before writing him off as something that's not gonna work.

Besides...now that he weighs only 180...they don't have to get him two studios. He can comfortably fit in one.

Darth Viscera
Jul 17th, 2003, 10:18:43 PM
I can't wait to rent the 4th season of DS9, it comes out early August. But what I'm really waiting for is the 5th and 6th seasons, when we get to see a war between a) the Klingons and the Federation and b) the Klingons and the Cardassians and c) the Klingons and the Federation and the Romulans vs the Cardassians and the Dominion.

mmmm, dominion war battles in DVD quality. *mind-drool*