PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Dancer... (closed)

Anthony Scott
Jul 14th, 2003, 04:36:59 PM
It was a dark night on Coruscant. The rain came down fast and furious, beating upon anyone who dared be out. Of course, most people sought refuge in local taverns or in their own homes -- Anthony Scott was no exception.

The former Padawan opened the door to the Bar and Grill and smiled a goofy smile as he walked past the guards. "Ah, excuse me sir, but we have a no-weapons policy here." A chubby officer stated. For a moment, Anthony stood silently with his back to the men.

Clearing his throat, he slowly turned around to eye them before laughingt to himself. "Oh gentlemen, I'm awefully sorry to put a dent in your rules then." He spoke with sincerity before beginning to walk off. "Take another step and you won't be able to for a very long time." One man said in a very stern voice.

A bit frustrated, Anthony turned to face them once again. "Very well, but don't loose my effects." He said as he removed the sword and blaster from his person and handed them to the guards. Carelessly they tossed them in a bin and laughed between themselves. "What a nut case." One said, but Anthony was still in range. "I'll remember that next time you need a favor."

Walking away with a funny swagger and a bounce in his step, the tall man with long black hair found an empty booth beside the window. "It'll do." He stated with a disgusted look upon his face. After sitting down, the man looked about and scoffed at the looks he received from his fellow patrons. Though he had once been a Jedi, he was now disgusted by them -- they were traitors in his book. Liers and stealers in his eyes. His thoughts were interrupted by a service droid who approached his table. "A mug of your finest Ale." Anthony smiled to himself as the droid rolled away.

Sighing internally, the man shifted his weight and set his dark eyes out the window. "Jedi scum." He mumbled beneath his breath as he leaned back in his seat and idly stroked his black mustach.

imported_Terran Starek
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:30:48 AM
"Scum, eh?" The latter raised an eyebrow as he came to rest before the booth which contained a very comfortable, smaller-framed fellow with an assortment of rough facial hair. Terran smiled, a sheepish, friendly grin. He had watched the man since he'd entered. He seemed. . .interesting, in the least. His walk, his style, his accent--all reminded him of the sailors from Gais. Back home, they had been called Sea Dogs or Scallywags. They were comparable to Space Pirates, except their means of travel were the vast oceans of Gais.

Needless to say, the Padawan was drawn to the other.

"Perhaps I could change your mind?" Terran could sense that he had numerous curses for the Jedi in his mind. It was strange--ever since Terran had grown stronger in sensing the Force, he was able to detect feelings and attitudes without trying to. Sometimes, they suprised him.

"My name is Terran Starek, and I am a padawan here," he spoke, extending a hand to the slouched. He wore his traditional dress from Gais--a blue, button up frock and leather pants with boots. He had just gotten back from a trip home, and in his element, he preferred to leave his robes for the trip.

Anthony Scott
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:36:45 PM
"My name is Tewwan Stawek an' I'm a Jedi." The man spoke in a highly mocking voice. It was, perhaps, very childish, but at the moment, he could think of nothing better to do. Somehow, he had to take a stab at the Jedi to get back at the Order for everything they'd done to him.

Rolling his eyes, the fallen Jedi eyed Terran and sighed. "Anthony Scott, ex-Jedi Padawan of Oriadin now a mortal member of The Shrine of the Damned." He looked down at the Padawan's hand and scoffed slightly before cautiously taking his hand. For being the rough looking man he was, Anthony's hand shake was less than tough.

"Change my mind 'eh?" He questioned with a lopsided smile.

imported_Terran Starek
Jul 23rd, 2003, 06:55:10 PM
He'd heard the name before, if he remembered correctly. But hadn't the man been. . .well, more respectful? More calm? Terran had heard some positive things about him. It was strange, now. A member of the Shrine? He hadn't felt too many dark vibes from him. Maybe Terran was rusty.

"It seems your mind is already made up, friend," Terran said, his tone still polite. "Mind if I have a seat?" He didn't really wait for a response, taking a seat opposite the other. The server droid appeared with the man's ale, and Terran called his attention to order a sweetwater. Stretching, he leaned back in his seat, making himself comfortable.

"So, member of the Shrine of the Damned? Never been there--what's the weather like?" He smiled a coy grin. If the other was witty and would lend his own tongue to a bit of sarcasm and humor, so would Terran.

Anthony Scott
Jul 24th, 2003, 07:04:20 PM
Friend? Who did this guy think he was? Anthony withdrew his hand quickly and grasped his Ale as soon as it arrived. Taking a gracious gulp of the liquid, he allowed it to burn in his chest for a moment before setting it back upon the table. Terran Starek -- he had heard of this man before. He held the love of a Jedi Knight here at the Order. "Lucky bastard." Anthony tought to himself as he watched Terran closely.

"So, member of the Shrine of the Damned? Never been there--what's the weather like?" Anthony nearly rolled his eyes, but caught himself and for a moment, regretted behaving in the manner he was. "I used to be so different." He thought for a moment but shrugged it off as a voice inside of his mind reminded him that he had been weak, not different. "Oh yes, I have been a member there for a time now." He smiled, revealing golden caps upon several of his teeth, and the appearance that he had not brushed in a while.

Not only had he joined The Shrine, but he also had set out on a few voyages and now, was a pirate. It was quite a life, but he loved it. "The weather -- it's beautiful. At least you can breath the air, unlike here on Coruscant." He scoffed slightly and took another sip of his Ale. The mug hit the table with a light 'thud' and he stopped and stared at it for a moment, deep in thought. "The sun doesn't shine and sometimes it's rather cold, but I can get used to it -- I am used to it." He thought before shaking his head and eyeing Terran once again. "It's peaceful and dark."

imported_Terran Starek
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:38:34 PM
The other's thoughts were strong. Too strong--they betrayed his tough outter shell.

"You know, I often find nothing more peaceful than a nice, cool night." Terran leaned back, taking a long draw of his water. "When the moon lights the entire skyline. It looks like a backlight canvas, with holes punched in it." He smiled a bit and took a second to reflect on what he said.

"But, you can't deny the unbelievable power of a rising sun. Brings forth energy, strength, and pizazz. How can you stay in bed with the sun beating down your door, I say," he remarked. He was playing a game he often played. It was the hospitality game. Treat your enemies better than your friends, he thought. Grow strong with them, bond with them. For then, when things make the fateful turn for the worse--as they always do--they will be unable to strike you down. And you will have won.

"So tell me, Mr. Scott, what brought you back here? It seems that by some of your own accounts, Jedi aren't your most favorite of people." He grinned, a little bit of a tease in his voice, yet he was serious.

Anthony Scott
Jul 28th, 2003, 08:45:06 AM
"The sun? What's that?" He thought to himself as he sighed, knowing that in a few months, he wouldn't be able to handle being in the presence of the sun, and that it was better to pry himself from it now while he still could. "Yeah -- it's nice. I prefer darkness, though." He said in a gentle voice, rather uncharacteristic of his new persona. Realizing this in an instant, the man took a chug of his Ale and set it down while Terran questioned him of his return.

"So tell me, Mr. Scott, what brought you back here? It seems that by some of your own accounts, Jedi aren't your most favorite of people."

He lowered his eyes and thought for a minute. "What reasons do I have to come back here? Alana told me that they lied to me and I believed her. I shouldn't have come back, but I did." He thought to himself, unable to conceal these things to himself, but unaware that Terran could even hear him. He sighed and shook his head, looking up at Terran with a bit of angst behind his eyes which were now, cold and dark. "They lied to me. Everything you're learning now is one big lie and I was too smart to fall for it." He grinned and took another sip of his Ale as he continued pondering the Jedi's question.

"They condemn others while not looking at their own hearts. They think they're perfect. They sit up in their towers and look down on Coruscant, knowing of all the pain and hatred out there, yet they do nothing." He stated and looked away. "I came back because -- because --" He couldn't think of a lie to tell the man. "I missed it here." He thought in answer to his own question. That would not do for an answer, though, so he had to make up something, and fast. "Well, between you and me, my young friend -- the ladies here are a lot more lively than where I currently reside." He smiled a wicked smile, but it was insincere and Terran could see right through it. Anthony was not doing a good job at playing himself up -- not this time. Sometimes, he even had second thoughts on leaving the Jedi, but he knew his path was cut out for him -- and he would follow it. He was in too deep now.

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 4th, 2003, 07:57:34 PM
"I'd bet!" Terran joked back, although he saw through Anthony's visage rather easily. The man was a wreck--he would never admitt it, though. That's why Terran had to deal with this situation very carefully. One false move, and could lose the other's trust forever. If he was too passive, however, he would never have a chance. It was time to put his training to use. It might not happen on this visit, or the next, or the one after that; but sometime, Force willing, the other would see the truth in Terran and the Jedi. He would return.

"But there are closer worlds with more exotic women than Corsucant, wouldn't you say?" He smiled. "That's not it, though. No. . you came back for another reason. You. . ." Terran looked into his eyes, trying to read his thoughts. They were cloudy, but Terran could pick up traces of thought.

"You've forgotten something. You've come back for it." A part of the man that sat before him was still here. This could mean anything--it could be money, lost belongings, or a friend. It could be part of the man himself. Terran couldn't tell.

Anthony Scott
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:08:15 AM
"That's not it, though. No. . you came back for another reason. You...

Anthony shifted his weight uncomfortably for a moment as Terran spoke. His words hit home and he knew then, that the Jedi Padawan was more perceptive than he had originally thought. "No -- of course no --" But his words were cut off by the man once again.

"You've forgotten something. You've come back for it."

Sighing, the fallen Jedi lowered his eyes to the table as thoughts entered his mind. Several thoughts, in fact -- and the idea that he had not forgotten one thing, but two. "I've forgotten who I am." He thought to himself and looked at Terran with a sad smile. "Two things, actually." He corrected before coughing roughly.

"It doesn't matter anymore, though." He stated with a false sense of confidence. Thoughts moved from who he used to be and who he was now, to those of -- a girl -- no, a young woman. She would be about twelve years old by now and would bare the resemblance of Anthony. "My daughter." He said softly and looked away from Terran, attempting to hide the shame and sorrow that was quite evident in his eyes.

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 10th, 2003, 06:52:20 PM
His daughter! Terran had not sensed this turn of events, and it was a surprise that he would admitt such a piece of information to a near complete stranger. But, the Jedi had always had a very wecloming, easy-to-talk to demeanor.

"I see," he said with a soft smile. "A piece of your family--definitely a piece of your heart--remains here. No doubt, one would return to entertain such a visit." He relaxed a bit, taking a drink of his water and a deep breath.

"Why is she here? Why does she not travel with you or stay with you at the Shrine?" His eyebrow cocked as he questioned. There could have been several reasons why. Perhaps he was afraid she would adapt the life that he lived, a life even he was too scared to fess up to at times. Perhaps he feared for her safety, as the Shrine grounds and the planet itself remained dangerous to even Jedi Masters. Perhaps. . .perhaps he hoped she would take up her own training here.

"It must be hard to be separated from your family. Your only?"