PDA

View Full Version : Incredible new MMORPG

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 14th, 2003, 01:16:12 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/071103minusworld/1.html

Hey, now that sounds good. Anyone else experienced this game yet?

Darth Viscera
Jul 14th, 2003, 01:36:04 AM
I had it for a while, but it sucked so I returned it to Electronics Boutique and got my $50 back. Do you know how long you have to train and how many skill points you have to acquire just to fly an F-16 in that game? And then if you shoot at a Russian MiG-29 that's patrolling near the Alaska-Russia border, they force you to land, MPs spawn all over the place (introduces even more lag) and they take you to Leavenworth, which is a dead end for your character. Once the devs release a patch that actually succeeds in fixing things I might try it again.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 14th, 2003, 02:56:46 AM
I'm still playing it... Last nightl I started making lewd comments at a Cantina. Got slapped so hard. Then the girl's "boyfriend" came and kicked my buttocks... Lost some "Cool Guy" exp... now I in the negitives.

You know, it freaking hard to get money in that game. I tried killing someone, but all he dropped was a pool of blood. I collected half of it though, it might be worth something to someone.

Darth Viscera
Jul 14th, 2003, 04:01:28 AM
That's what eBay is for! If they sell such odd things as this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2544795119&category=11751), they must also sell blood!

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:34:20 AM
I got the game going pretty easily. But yes, your not kidding about training required to do anything. Problem is, this game is addictive and consumes your whole life. It's like Evercrack, but 20 times worse.

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:42:34 AM
The beer patch is overrated. I tried unsuccessfully to uninstall it, so I guess I'm just going to have to reinstall the exercise patch.

Ace McCloud
Jul 14th, 2003, 10:14:39 AM
I say play your own life, rather than some game about real life =P

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 14th, 2003, 11:05:24 AM
Originally posted by Ace McCloud
I say play your own life, rather than some game about real life =P :|

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 11:11:00 AM
I say play your own life, rather than some game about real life =P

Jesus H....

Ace McCloud
Jul 14th, 2003, 12:54:42 PM
... did i miss something? I didn't really take the time to read that review...

Silus Xilarian
Jul 14th, 2003, 03:44:19 PM
YOU DIDNT READ THE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!

!!!

!!!!!!!!

OMG......Im teetering so close to typing more Exclamation points, its scary!

:)

imported_Marcus
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:17:37 PM
... did i miss something? I didn't really take the time to read that review...

READ THE BLOODY REVIEW NEXT TIME AND DONT POST UNLESS YOU HAVE

BTW guys, the wife module can be difficult to play with. Takes some real getting used to understanding the variables and inputs needed. Plus, I keep on noting my credit level keeps dropping and resources are burnt up.

Ace McCloud
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:24:06 PM
uh im lost...care to explain this? I read the review, and still cant tell if this is a joke or not.....its hard to sense sarcasm through text.....

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:43:37 PM
uh im lost...care to explain this? I read the review, and still cant tell if this is a joke or not.....its hard to sense sarcasm through text..... Please assure me that you're joking.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 14th, 2003, 06:11:00 PM
Shweep head.... does anyone have a slap hack? So someone can slap Ace upside his head. I swear...

on a side note:

WoOO! I leveled up this morning! Went from slacker to an apprentice job hunter! WOOOO!

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:07:41 PM
Ace, you just got dissed on by Dyzm.

Furthermore, you totally deserved it, too.

In Japan, that calls for a sepukku party.

Milivikal k'Vik
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:09:56 PM
BTW guys, the wife module can be difficult to play with. Takes some real getting used to understanding the variables and inputs needed. Plus, I keep on noting my credit level keeps dropping and resources are burnt up. But you're using it in conjunction with the performance automobile expansion.

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:14:53 PM
The Job and School expansion packs don't function well together. There are a lot of really pesky bugs that crop up if you install them both, and they make gameplay tedious if not impossible :x

Darth Viscera
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:24:38 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
Ace, you just got dissed on by Dyzm.

Furthermore, you totally deserved it, too.

In Japan, that calls for a sepukku party.

Ah, sepukku. Ritual suicide or disembowelment in Japan, commonly known in the West as hara-kiri, demonstrated courage and a means to restore family honor, practiced by the Japanese samurai or formerly decreed by a court in lieu of the death penalty.

Ace McCloud
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:55:25 PM
i know i feel like an idiot. Sigh. I deserve more than that. Its kind of hard to sense sarcasm on the internet =P

Sigh i feel like a clueless 10 year old. -_- Punish me

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:55:38 PM
uh im lost...care to explain this? I read the review, and still cant tell if this is a joke or not.....its hard to sense sarcasm through text.....

The other probem with this game are n00bs who dont really get what real Life is about. Probably one of the more unplesant bits about this game, but they do add to realism. So far, it's difficult to find a ignore n00b control. Anyone help me out here?

Yeah, the perfomance automobile expansion seems to be difficult to run alongside wife expansion. I have had other players tell me that if a child process spawns into your game, the performance auto expansion uninstalls itself. A rather odd bug.

BTW, you think this Bill Gates id may have found some cheat codes? This Jesus id I hear much about discovered a God Mode too I blieve. Anyone else found out about his God Mode? Sounds like fun to me

Ace McCloud
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:58:13 PM
-_- I desereved that too...

Morgan Evanar
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:00:08 PM
This Jesus id I hear much about discovered a God Mode too I blieve. Anyone else found out about his God Mode? Sounds like fun to me. Yeah, but he typed it in the console twice. Its like typing "kill." If he had stayed around we might know the code, but we don't. Some guys tried to write the code down but it got really confusing, and people have killed each other over what the code really is.

Bill Gates found a bug at the right place at the right time.

Pilot Akito
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:27:43 PM
Okay...

Where can I get this amaizing game that everyone is talking about?