PDA

View Full Version : Open Auction: The Butcher's Eyes (complete)

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 13th, 2003, 08:38:44 PM
::transmission begin::

::up for auction - the eyes of the Metal Eyed Butcher, Loklorien s'Ilancy::

::any and all bids welcome - auction held on Selonia - inquiries to be made at 927485:92765::

::end transmission::

Murrey Reinhart was the ultimate scam artist. He was also the best salesman on Selonia; or so he prided himself on being. He sold used speeders as a front; most of his business being done in the 'back room' of his dealership. He was a quick talker, and even faster runner; he had to be with as much trouble as he tended to get himself into. It was always one big scheme after the other with him; one more chance to hit the big money.

He was usually a cusual guy, dressing in old shirts and jeans while chomping on a cigar and tugging on an even older hat. He was short, but that never stopped him from chasing after the next new craze; or woman in a miniskirt. He had a quick mind that often helped him out of scrapes.

But now, now it was all going to change.

Because now, sitting on his desk in a liquid-filled vial, were the eyes of the Metal Eyed Butcher. The eyes of Loklorien s'Ilancy. He was fascinated by the floating metallic orbs. His mind was running a million miles a minute, with the auction, he'd have a better way to make more money.

He propped his legs up on the desk, his eyes glued to the vial. A bounty hunter had come in, claiming to have come across the eyes, and wanted Reinhart to sell them; all he wanted was a cut of the profit. Murrey had agreed instantly, his shark's grin from ear to ear.

The eyes of Lok s'Ilancy would be gold, and Murrey Reinhart was going to capitalize on that.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:25:19 PM
He normally wasn't this aggressive...but tonight...he didn't care.

Whoever the bounty hunter was...wasn't the only one looking for Loklorien s'Ilancy. There were multiple people out looking for the smuggler for various ammounts of credits. But this one...this one was personal.

The bounty on Loklorien s'Ilancy had been of interest for Maester Wargrave for quite some time. After all, being the Force ID of Taylor Millard, what was of interest to Millard was of interest to the Dark Jedi.

He'd travelled to Gorgja's compound and spoken with the fat Hutt, 'convincing' him to quietly drop the bounty. The famous bounty hunter, Boba Fett, was not guarding Gorgja the day Wargrave came calling. Information leaked to Gorgja's camp said an old enemy of his (the Rodian Kingpin Harpir) was on a nearby planet. Gorgja sent Fett to deal with the enemy, leaving himself open.

When Wargrave had beated Gorgja's men (and then Gorgja) to an inch of his life...Gorgja dropped the bounty.

And then he found this message waiting for him in the missile boat he'd 'borrowed' for his uses.

I found this while doing a search for s'Ilancy. Good luck, I hope she's not dead.

-Jaranda

::up for auction - the eyes of the Metal Eyed Butcher, Loklorien s'Ilancy::

::any and all bids welcome - auction held on Selonia - inquiries to be made at 927485:92765::

Immediately, Wargrave made tracks to Selonia where he'd looked up the number given him.

And now he stood outside the dealership of Murrey Reinhart.

With a snarl, the Dark Jedi burst into the dealership, his blue-red lightsaber hacking several used speeders and he ran towards the back room.

A booted foot (assisted with a Force Pull) removed the door from its hinges and Wargrave was leaping towards Reinhart.

"Where are the eyes?" he snarled as flew towards the dealer.

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:53:56 PM
The commotion woke Reinhart from his slight doze, and instinctively snatched the eyes from where thay sat on his desk, and with a quick move, shoved it into the safe beneath his desk. Shutting the door and locking the safe, he held the key up, suddenly at a loss for where to put it, and looking about frantically, shoved it in his mouth, swallowing the whole thing.

And just in time, too.

The form of a black-robed man crashed into his office, sprinting across the thin carpetted floor at Reinhart.

The dealer yelled, his eyes and mouth wide as he backed against the wall, flattening himself against the cheap wallpaper. It took him a moment to process what the attacker had said, and in near panic, yelled out an excuse while trying to cover his head.

"I don't know! I don't know! Some guy just asked me to broadcast something! I don't know anything!"

Maester Wargrave
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:46:49 PM
Wargrave grasped Reinhart's shirt and pulled him up against the wallpaper.

"Who. If you tell me now, I just might let you live."

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 14th, 2003, 10:31:12 PM
Held up, his feet clearing the floor, Reinhart grasped at the wrists that held him up by his shirt. His eyes were as wide as saucers, and he struggled as best as he could. It didn't matter.

"Look," he managed to gasp, "I don't know who dropped it off, ok?! I just found a datapad on the desk the other day, and it gave me instructions to follow. Said there were a lot of creds to be made!

"Can you blame me for capitalizing on a chance like this?!"

Maester Wargrave
Jul 14th, 2003, 10:38:36 PM
The Dark Jedi scowled at the speeder dealer. He coulda been telling the truth. But scum like this would tell anything to live. And this man was definite scum.

A two-bit wheeler dealer, who looked to make creds wherever he could- however he could. Wargrave despised this sort of character.

A dark smile, then a plain voice.

"I don't believe you."

He let go of Reinhart, but kept the man aloft using the Force.

Then a gauntletted hand slammed into the auctioneer's face twice, sending him back into the desk, shattering the cheap wood.

A kick to the face and Murrey saw black.

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 14th, 2003, 10:44:55 PM
He'd been slammed more than enough times, and Reinhart had developed a knack for 'falling'. He could take most beatings delivered; being the kind of guy he was, you had to sort of get used to it. The boot to the face wasn't anything new either, and he took it with a slight yelp.

The other blows he took in silence, laying on the splintered top of his desk. This was too much; why in the hell was this guy so intent on having the eyes?

"This... *cough*... this is a legitimate auction, pal," he barely sputtered, "... you want the eyes, you have to pay for them like everyone else."

Maester Wargrave
Jul 14th, 2003, 10:49:05 PM
"Why should I pay for them if I can just take them?"

Wargrave kicked Reinhart in the face again, then lifted him up off the ground again. A Harpy came out of his cloak somewhere and he held the blade in his hand.

"If you do not tell me who gave you the eyes and what they look like...You won't be selling anymore speeders, Murrey."

The knife ran across Murrey's throat lightly.

"I don't think you'll be doing much at all."

A cold smile.

"Blind once for yes and twice for no. We wouldn't want to spoil those tobacco soaked vocal chords would we?"

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 14th, 2003, 11:01:34 PM
The feel of the blade on his throat did it. Reinhart could take a lot of beating, but when it came to self-preservation, he always had the same mentality: always look out for number one. And that was him.

"Ok! Ok! Ok!

"Look, some bounty hunter named Kerr left it for me, said he found the body on Myrkr. I guess he decided to take her eyes and sell them; so he came to me! Ok?! Look, I didn't kill her, Ok?! Besides; whover did made sure she hurt; at least that's what Kerr said... said she'd been flayed to ribbons almost.

"ut see, that has nothing to do with me! I'm just helping along a fair and legal auction!"

Maester Wargrave
Jul 14th, 2003, 11:03:16 PM
"The auction is over," Wargrave still didn't release Reinhart.

"I want a full name and contacts. A dealer such as yourself should know where to find this 'Kerr'."

The knife touched the neck again.

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 15th, 2003, 08:39:53 PM
Wargrave's questioning of Murrey was going to end now. He had been watching the moments unfold with no emotion. Tirzak narrowed his eyes, he was still wearing civilian clothes, but he still had both blasters.

He pulled them out, and fired several kill bolts into the mans back. He was aiming to kill this man right now. How dare he interfere?

DarthHERA
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:33:43 PM
He had aimed to kill, and shot to miss. Well, almost miss.

A brutal shove from behind sent Tirzak sprawling forward as Hera threw herself bodily into him, causing them both to crash ignobly onto the desk, which, it, in turn also crashed to the ground in an ignoble heap. Where the deadly laser bolts landed, neither Hera not the man pinned beneath her could tell right at this moment.

OW Outcast - a recent addition to the ShadowFaene Smuggling Crew had picked up the same transmission as Millard regarding the Auction while scaggling about on Base, monkeying around while on Security duty in the communications room. He had thought it absurdly funny - the auctioning of some dames eyes - and had shown it to Ezra and Daiquiri.

Daiq had immediately picked up on s'Ilancy's name - a fellow contractor with ShadowFaene and a good friend of Hera's.

In short order, Hera, and the entire Base had been alerted, and within the hour, Hera and some of her crew were speeding toward Selonia.

Remkah had been giving them updated information from the Base datagrids enroute, the last being the whereabouts of one Murrey Reinhart, who was the nefarious character conducting the auction.

And thus the timely arrival of the Faene Mistress. Timely for Millard, not so much for Tirzak. And as for Murrey..well that remained to be seen.

Gripping Tirzaks outstretched arm, lacing her slender fingers around his wrist in a steel-like grip to immobilize his blaster , Hera snarled into the mans ear from atop his back.

"Dont you frelling think about it."

Diego Van Derveld
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:51:27 PM
A suited figure with a ponytail stepped out of the shadows behind Hera. He removed a pair of dark sunglasses and glanced about in a quick manner, content to let the Shadowfaene leader deal with the bounty hunter, until his services were called on.

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 15th, 2003, 10:23:12 PM
Given his situation, Reinhart couldn't have ever imagined how things could've gotten worse. But they did. Twice. He was relieved when Kerr showed up, but his elation at salvation was shortlived when the bounty hunter was taken down by a - heeeyyy... not a bad lookin' girl... and tough, too...

All of his thoughts faded when yet another figure stepped from the shadows; a man in a suit. A man with cold eyes. Things were quickly getting out of control, and Murrey had no way to keep his office from getting any more destroyed than it already was.

On the floor still, he crawled to where the small safe had been knocked, and making sure it was still locked, tucked it under his arm and began crawling for the door.

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 15th, 2003, 11:04:31 PM
Tirzak was on the ground, looking up to this girl who was on top of him. He arched a brow, dust covering his face. He somewhat was stunned, his hand gripped the blaster in his hand tightly, he was angered by this.

"And you are?"

He spoke to the woman who had him pinned.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 15th, 2003, 11:47:12 PM
They had the area blanketed as well they could with only two people standing watch. Ezra had taken a position amid the shadows out front of the dealership while Daiq opted for the backdoor. There was always a backdoor for businesses such as this one.

Daiquiri thought again about why they were there and shuddered slightly. Eyeballs...who the frell would want'em??
Supposedly these particular orbs had belonged to S'Ilancy..the same gal that Hera had pulled a job or two with in the past. Daiq had never met the woman herself but the 'Faene mistress spoke well of her and that was enough.

With morbid curiosity she wondered how this scumsucker had come to possess someones peepers.....exactly how had they been taken out and did she really want to know?

Countless times she had looked on as Vega or Hera had slowly and deliberately taken pleasure in maiming someone. Daiq couldnt do it...at least she hadnt brought herself to do it yet.
Baby spitup, wet and dirty diapers, the temper tantrums of two year olds was something she could handle but not this.

Eyeballs?? Daiq repressed another shudder as the term 'jelly-filled' entered her thoughts.

imported_Ezra
Jul 16th, 2003, 01:08:59 AM
Ezra had stayed in the shadowed corner next to the front door in his bio suit. It was uncomfortable to say the least, but it also allowed him to be there for the boss. The suit was form fitted and the hood had a special optical piece which allowed him to see. The red colored visor piece reflected some light as he looked into the shop to watch Hera. His arm holders held his Cersea daggers and he was waiting for a signal. Any signal.

"Daiquiri.....I'm not liking this one bit. I have a bad feeling." He whispered into the commlink built in his headgear.

He went silent as he watched a man crawling towards the door he stood near. His head cantered to the side as he kept his eye on this person.

Sohei
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:24:39 AM
Sohei had decided to tag along. In his own ship, of course. The Skipray Kyoujin was at about 30,000 feet above them in a circle holding pattern. With the ship's added senors, he observed the situation, and waited until he was needed.

From what he could see, his new comrades had the situation well in hand.

DarthHERA
Jul 16th, 2003, 06:11:18 PM
She smiled down at Tirzak, but it was a cool smile that didnt reach the eyes, and she answered him.

"Hera. How ya doin"

A shuffle behind her, and the Sith was aware of a new arrival, and only the slight tilt of her head indicated her attention was divided between Tirzak and the person in the doorway. There was no indication she was about to relinquish her current hold.

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:26:25 PM
"Pretty good, and yourself?"

He managed to keep his voice somewhat calm. He smiled to her, trying to show some glee. But in fact, the situation wasn't the best. He was severely outnumbered it seemed.

"I'll just be making myself comfortable."

And with that, he gave her a severe head butt. He was affected, but it managed to loosen her grip and he moved on top of Hera, his blaster barrell pointed straight into her throat..

"Much better."

Ahron Harresh
Jul 17th, 2003, 08:41:54 PM
Outside, Ahron sits behind the controls of a small ship, watching, as Sohei does, from afar. However, unlike Sohei, Ahron is waiting on the ground, hidden from the view of all things, waiting for some resolution to the events inside. He doesn't think it should've taken them this long at all, and has debated running in to check several times, but chooses to stay put. Hera's got it covered, he assures himself. She won't do anything stupid like die and leave him without a paycheck.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 18th, 2003, 05:22:07 PM
Wargrave was thrown to the right against the wall, stunned from the explosion for just a bit. It was then all hell broke loose.

Hera DrenKast and her allies (most he didn't recognize) broke into the speeder dealership, attacking who Wargrave assumed was his own attacker. The Dark Jedi cleared the cobwebs from his head (thankfully not many) and looked around for Reinhart, spotting him crawling away with the safe clutched between his grubby and tobacco stained hands.

He briefly took his eyes off of Murrey, looking around at the scene around him. Hera was downed, attacked by the armored bounty hunter (someone he didn't recognize either)...in the doorway though was Daiquiri, watching the scene unfold.

He locked eyes with her.

The armoured one needs to be stopped, he spoke into her mind, But the speeder dealer is mine...Can you deal with the former?

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:29:20 PM
Dust rose in tiny puffs around the soles of her boots as she raced the few feet to the back entrance. Muffled by the buildings interior but still unmistakeable, Daiq had been in motion before the second blaster round was squeezed off and was now slipping into the room with her own blaster drawn, coming up behind the man who was unlucky enough to be sitting astride her friend.

The armoured one needs to be stopped, but the speeder dealer is mine...Can you deal with the former?

The older male caught her eye for just a moment, his words leaping into her mind. Good, they were on the same wavelength because thats just what she intended to do.

Daiq butted the muzzle of her gun against the back of the mans head.

"Be nice and let the lady up. She doesnt play well with others."

DarthHERA
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:13:49 PM
Rubbing her nose tentatively, Hera growled something along the lines of "why dont I ever duck" and gruffly pushed Tirzak off her. He gave way easily, Daiqs blaster adding to his inclination to do so.

Standing now, Hera's face was still smarting from the hit to it. She nodded her "thanks" to Daiq, (who's timing, as ever, was impeccable) before turning her eyes to Wargrave who was bent and had clasped Murrey by his collar, arresting his furtive progress on all fours toward the door.

Her luminescent blue eyes scanned all in the room. Quite a collection, she mused. Her gaze rested once again on Wargrave.

"Well, isnt this a merry dance. Who's the loser with the safebox?"

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:32:39 PM
As he was hauled back up, Reinhart yelped, clutching the safe even tighter.

"Hey hey! Careful with me! I'm valuable goods!"

At the sound of the woman's voice, the dealer turned to look at her. "Look Toots. I ain't a loser, got it? I happen to be a very successful businessman."

A jerk from Wargrave silenced him, and Reinhart fell quiet, glaring at Hera.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:41:47 PM
"He's someone who owes me a bit of information. And a certain piece of merchandise I'd like to possess."

Wargrave cast a gaze as the man who'd attacked him.

"He your bounty hunter 'friend' Reinhart? Answer quick or I decide to test the crumplebilty of your speeders.

"With you as the dummy."

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:10:03 PM
"Hey! I already told you what I know!

Another jostle, and Reinhart fell silent once more, listening as his attacker spoke again. His eyes flitted to Kerr. When he first sent out the transmission, there was no way he could ever possibly know this was the reaction he'd get; and at this point in time, he was more concerned with his own skin than Kerr's.

"Yes! He is!" Holding the safe tight, the dealer struggled to get loose once more. "Now if you don't mind, I'll let you deal with him; I'm already late for a meeting!"

Maester Wargrave
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:26:41 PM
"No."

Wargrave stared down at the dealer.

"Your safe...give it to me. You have something I want."

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:33:21 PM
"You stay away from my safe; there's nothing in here you want."

Instinctively, Reinhart's hands closed even tighter around the box.

"Besides. There's noting in here except for bank stuff and some credits."

And i swallowed the key...

Maester Wargrave
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:35:27 PM
"Do you think swallowing the key will keep that safe from being opened?" Wargrave asked pointily.

He concentrated, feeling around in Reinhart's body for the key. He visualized it in head, focussed on the key, and very slowly gave it a tug in the dealer's stomach.

"And who says I can't remove it from you?"

DarthHERA
Jul 19th, 2003, 06:37:28 PM
Hera stepped closer, offering to cut the key out of Murrey for Wargrave.

"Id say where the key is, is more your problem than it is ours."

imported_Ezra
Jul 20th, 2003, 11:44:53 AM
Stepping quietly and smoothly into the shop front, Ezra moved his head in short intervals as he looked at the occupants one by one. He nodded to Hera and Daiquiri, And a "snickt" accompanied by a whistling noise sounded as he brought one of the twin blades into view and twirled it ending with the hilt facing Wargrave.

"You may use this to cut it out of him if you so wish."

Ezra said with a hint of amusement in his slightly muffled voice. Breathing in the full head hood was easy, it was talking through it what made it irritating to him. He looked over at the armored man being watched by Daiq and he smiled under his mask. 'good... the party is just beginning' he thought to himself.

Lord Vali
Jul 20th, 2003, 01:53:01 PM
Delete this please.

Murrey Reinhart
Jul 20th, 2003, 11:14:18 PM
"People people people!"

All the talk of gutting him like a fish was getting unsettling, and Reinhart couldn't help but struggle in Wargrave's hold once more.

"There's nothing in the safe but my money, ok?!

"Just keep your knives away from me! The eyes aren't hear; I don't have them, ok?!"

His eyes darted to Kerr; after all, self-preservation was a key thing, and he pointed a finger at the bounty hunter. "He's got 'em! He's the one who found the body anyway!"

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 21st, 2003, 05:42:42 PM
Tirzak was feigning uconsciousness, and doing it rather well. He was laying on top of his blater, face down on the metallic floor. He made no movement, thought of nothing. His breathing was made to slow, however, at his own whim.

He heard Murrey rat him out, but the auctioneer knew Tirzak had no such things, and now, he knew that if Tirzak survived, he would be a dead man. Tirzak lay still, waiting for his opening.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 21st, 2003, 07:19:45 PM
"No..." Wargrave shook his head, "I don't believe you Mister Reinhart. I believe you have the eyes on you."

He took a slow step towards the speeder dealer, leaning forward towards his face.

"I think they're in that safe of yours, and I think you want to make a profit off of them."

His voice was sharp towards the ShadowFaene Members.

"I appreciate the offer to help 'liberate' the key to the safe from Mister Reinhart, but I think you need to deal with the bounty hunter first. Regardless of his condition, I want him out of here as quickly as possible."

Hera gave a sidelong glance at Ezra, then Daiq, then down at the hunter.

"Sunshine," her lips curled into a smirk, "Take him."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 21st, 2003, 10:41:43 PM
"Guess I dont know my own strength. I only meant to tap him."

Daiquiri takes a step back and to the side...just enough to allow Ez room to manuever. Her blaster remained steady as she kept a tight bead on Kerrs head, her gaze not wavering for a second.

"Can you get'im, Ez?"

imported_Ezra
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:12:48 AM
"Not a problem."

Came his reply as the fully clad vamp walked passed in his full body suit. He grasped Kerr by the backplate one handed and hefted the man up like he was nothing.

"He's secured."

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:19:20 PM
As Tirzak was being lifted up , he turned his head. Holding his blaster pistol firmly in his hand, he moved his arm up and with a quick move, let his elbow strike across Ezra's face. This caused him to stagger backwards, and to his left.

This left a clear line of view towards the one with blonde hair who was aiming her blaster rifle at him, one who's curveres were quite nice curves. But she was here to injure him, however. With a quick move of his wrist, his blaster pistol was aimed quickly, and his finger pulled the delicate trigger.

A bolt of scarlet rippled through the air and then pierced flesh, the flesh of her left him. It also pierced bones, nerve endings. Everything in the area of the left hip. He then looked around quickly, trying to find the escape route.

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:27:46 PM
He'd gotten the transmission two days ago, and in a rage had left Kir, leaving his wife in tears to lament. Regardless of his feelings of pride and arrogance, he still felt something well up within him, bordering on true and unbridled anger.

Now, the frame of a stranger filled the doorway stepping past Diego to stop just inside the office, an overcoat hiding the business suit he wore. He was older... older than the rest in the room. Older than Wargrave and Van Derveld even, and it shone in his eyes; steely orbs of unforgiving grey that, had they been compared to the eyes in the vial, would have looked to be an exact match. His poise was solid, and his expression stone cold.

He'd heard the entire exchange from the beginning; from Wargrave's threats to Reinhart's accusations to the last stunt pulled by the bounty hunter.

With a quick step, he closed the distance between him and Kerr, and military precision, swiped the sidearm from the man's hand before closing a strong, vice-like grip around Kerr's neck, swinging the hunter around to crash against the wall. He lifted the man from the ground ever so slightly, satisfied by the sounds of the beginning phases of asphyxiation coming from Kerr.

And when he spoke, it seemed all activity in the room stopped, focusing on him and the bounty hunter. Dharkharon s'Ilancy's eyes burned holes into Tirzak Kerr.

"Where... is my daughter."

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:40:21 PM
His eyes darted around to the room, and first to the woman he had just shot. No doubt this Daiquri woman would exact revenge shortly. He then looked back to the older man who held him like a rag doll. Surely Tirzak could get out of this?

"Dead..."

Was his choking reply. He looked to the man before him. Lok's father. Interesting, what he read of this man didn't live up to him..

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:48:37 PM
Utter rage flared in his eyes, and Dharkharon constricted his grip even more, taking satisfaction in the oxygen he was depriving the hunter of. A snarl, as the sound of a switchblade punctuated the air. He brought the blade up to Kerr's eyes, positioning it so that any way the man moved, he'd only succeed in gouging out his left eye.

"Did you kill her."

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:52:07 PM
"No."

He replied to her father. He didn't flinch, he couldn't. If he did, he would loose the use of his eye. He watched the man, his tone in his voice straight. He wasn't lying.

"I merely found her body, badly mutilated on Mykyr. Whoever did kill her, took a certain..pleasure."

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:56:30 PM
With cold, cruel calm, he brought his face close to Kerr's, keeping the knife in place.

Myrkr... why was his daughter even on that infernal planet... ?

He spoke again, his voice collectedly even, yet full of hate and anger.

"Where are the eyes."

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:58:32 PM
He looked towards Wargrave, and everyone else, and then specifically towards Reinhart. It was apparent that Tirzak would not profit, and that was fine by him. He looked around.

"The one with the safe...has.."

His breath was cut off as he could feel the hand constrict a bit tighter. He then managed to speak again, through choking..

"...Them..."

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:14:29 PM
Holding the hunter's pained gaze for a few more seconds, Dharkharon brought the knife down, away from Kerr's face. His hand, however, stayed tight on the man's throat, and stepping back, dragged Kerr with him. His attire belied his true strength; strength bred by anger, and without so much as an expelled breath, the elder s'Ilancy turned, flinging Kerr to the ground to skid to a stop at Daiquiri's feet.

His gaze then turned to Reinhart and the safe.

The safe that held his daughter's eyes.

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:18:11 PM
When he hit the ground, he coughed. He didn't know where he was for a second. Until he looked up, he saw the woman who he had shot, and he immediately looked around for his blaster. He had to protect himself! He backed up slightly...

Away from Daiquri, incase she decided to shoot.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:08:19 PM
It had happened suddenly yet replaying it in her mind the action seemed to have gone into slow motion.

Ezra had moved in, leaning slightly over Kerr as he hoisted him bodily from the floor to a standing position. The hunters arm swung back with a hard elbow to the face mask and Ez staggered from the blow.......one of the vampires arms swinging up and out, right in Daiqs line of sight. She didnt pull the trigger.

The red splash from Tirzaks weapon licked out, stabbing at her flesh and burning a hole in her left hip while scorching and singeing muscle and nerves. Daiqs teeth ground together, biting back the yelp of pain as she snapped her blaster up to deliver certain death for the injury Kerr had bestowed on her.

Once again she held her fire. Someone new charged into her line of fire and for a split second, Daiquiri almost exacted her revenge through the newcomer. The mans luck held as the jolt from Kerrs weapon finished its job, the momentum knocking her back and down.

Ezra kneeled beside her, his dark eyes quickly scanning over the damage to her hip as she tried to follow the movements of S'ilancys father through Hera's legs. The drama was over almost before it began and Kerr was dumped unceremoniously as her feet. A twisted grin spread over her face as she watched the hunters eyes shift from side to side, trying to locate his weapon on the floor.

With a gasping wheeze Kerr saw it, his fingers stretching out for the blaster. Lifting her upper body just a hair, Daiq didnt take time to 'aim'....she just pointed and pulled. The red bolt found its mark, mangling the hunters wrist into a useless wreck.

Lowering herself back down, she smiled thinly up at Ezra.

"Gotta rag? Id hate to bleed all over this fine establishment."

imported_Ezra
Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:50:42 PM
Ezra knelt beside her and picked her upper body up and cradled her. He looked around for any more movement that would call his attention and he smirked under his facemask at the Hunter who now held his wrist tightly to him. Looking back down at her Ezra touched her face and assured her she'd be alright.

"You'll be fine Daiq, I'l get you some help."

Ezra picked Daiquiri up and quickly headed for the exit. As he passed by Kerr, he placed a boot tip to his side though wished it was his blade that did the damage.

' Hera....I'll get her to safety.....you be safe too....I'll be back for you soon' Ezra sent to Hera as he exited with Daiquiri.

He ran to his speeder and placed Daiquiri in the passenger side and jumped in alongside her, got the speeder online and took off for the nearest medical facility. On arrival, he jumped out and carried Daiquiri thorugh the doors.He stopped in the middle of the admittance area and yelled.

"I NEED A DOCTOR RIGHT NOW!!"

And everyone came running over, they took Daiquiri out of his arms and rushed her into one of the back rooms. As the Doctor came over Ezra turned to him and held a hand up.

"Look Doc, she got shot....jus take good care of her cause if you dont? We'll come for you. You got it?"

The man nodded quickly and Ezra nodded once. Then ran out to head back to Hera.

Tirzak Kerr
Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:52:31 PM
Despite the pain he had taken from the blaster shot through his wrist, he managed to keep himself composed. Light bits of blood escaped the wound, though it was badly burned. He held his hand close to his body as he stood up. His brows went down in anger, his mouth changing shape to exhibit it. He looked around, and he realized he would die if he stayed, probably.

He looked to everyone, who was more or less concentrated on Murrey, and he exited the same way the man who held the woman he had shot with. He ran quickly from the area, and he knew it well enough to disappear, despite his wound.

He stopped in an alley. He had to get back to Loklorien, tell her of what transpired her. And also, he had to get a bacta patch on his wrist. He made his way through crowds, to where his ship was at. It was small enough, and fit in the area.

He boarded, got a patch on his wound, and now left Selonia, content with himself that those who held her dear, now mourned her death. Good.

He laid in coordinates for Cathar.

Sohei
Jul 24th, 2003, 07:37:50 AM
Sohei had taken chase of the small vessel that had left the planet, and had hailed him several times, without response. He was about to arm his concussion missiles when the ship jumped into hyperspace.

"How odd." Sohei checked the nav computer for all possible vectors from this point in space. It appeared the hunter was heading outwards from Corellian space rimward. He opened his comm to the ground.

"Comrades, the hunter has jumped out of the system. Shall I pursue?"

DarthHERA
Jul 25th, 2003, 06:01:36 PM
Ezra had said he would come back for her, but the Faene mistress had different ideas. He had since been curtly instructed to remain with Daiquiri and Hera would send them rendevoux co-ordinates once her own plan of action was decided upon.

She was angry with the Vampyre...which really was nothing new and something Ezra was usually quite used to. Hera was prickly towards him even on a good day. But this was different. He had said Kerr was "secure", and then Daiq was shot. She knew Ezra would feel terrible about this - Daiquri was dear to him and he had made no secret of that fact - and for her to be shot as a result of his relaxed vigilance, no matter how indirect or blameless, would make the darkhaired immortal sick with self-crimination. But the cold hard glare of his SFF boss as he lifted Daiq to take her for medical aid, only added to his inner anger. In her silent cruel stare, he read clearly that she blamed him completely.

The arrival of Dhakaron, the subsequent interrogation and then flight of Kerr only added the Hera's rage at the events that so quickly had unfolded around her.

Responding to Sohei's transmission, she instructed him to not loose Kerr. If he failed in this, she would kill him personally. Sohei could tell by her tone that things were not exactly going well on the surface below.

Contacting Ahron, she advised him that she would shortly be on her way to him and their ship. They would connect back up with Ezra, Daiq and eventually Sohei.

Finishing her various transmissions while Murrey continued to squirm like a fish on a hook(a fat little fish on a hook) in Wargraves grasp, her eyes rested finally on Diego, who was standing silently across from her.

Snarling at him, still angry at Daiqs injury, not to mention the news of s'Ilancy's death and the circumstances surrounding it, Hera barked at him seeking someone she could unleash some angst upon.

"And just who the frell are you, anyway?"

Sohei
Jul 25th, 2003, 09:35:00 PM
"Of course, My Lady. I will not fail."

Sohei immediately engaged his hyperdrive and the Skipray Gunship Kyoujin began it's pursuit of Tirzak Kerr.

Ahron Harresh
Jul 26th, 2003, 10:30:18 PM
Ahron begins to prepare the ship, waiting with a twitchy finger on the hatch to let them in the minute they appeared.

"C'mon guys...you lot are better'n this..."

imported_Ezra
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:45:05 PM
Ezra had stopped from leaving the medical center and stayed there as Hera ordered. He felt sick at being careless of that bounty huunter. He played "possum" and played it well. Ezra swore to himself that when the time came to meet up with that hunter once more, he would rip his lungs through his backside. He turned to look at the doorway they had taken Daiquiri, he wanted to bust it down and stand there with her as they administered medical attention, so she could see how badly he felt for her taking that hit.
It shouldve been him to take it, wasnt he their bodyguard? Wasnt he supposed to take the injuries for them? For the first time he was dealing with something he wasnt used to .....Failure.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:11:13 PM
Wargrave stared at Murrey as he hung in the air still in his grasp.

"Enough of this," he breathed, then dropped the dealer.

A second later, with a *crack* the safe's door ripped off flying away and out a window.

The eyes lay in a jar in the safe, along with a stash of spice, a blaster...and a vial of Liquid Silver.

Wargrave picked up the jar and stared at the eyes.

"The auction...is over."

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:27:41 PM
Reinhart tried to get up, but was pushed back down by a heavy hand as the elder s'Ilancy shoved him away. He watched Millard reach into the safe, his hand emerging with the vial that held his daughter's eyes...

He stared coldly at the Dark Jedi Master, hands balling into fists of rage as his own eyes closed for a moment. When he opened them, he looked to Wargrave. All activity in the room was muted to him; nothing audible any longer as he looked from the vial to the man that held it.

The man that held his daughter's eyes in his hands.

"I'm sorry," he said finally; quietly... though the fire in his eyes had not dimmed. There was nothing else he could say, his apology said in remembrance to his daughter.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:32:35 PM
Wargrave only nodded.

"I want these. You can pick them up on Balmorra later."

He slipped the jar into his cloak.

"I know someone who wants these."

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:38:25 PM
Whether or not it was a slip of the tongue or not, Dharkharon's eyes narrowed as he watched Wargrave slip the vial into his cloak. He almost bristled... instead, he simply glared at the man. Who the devil was he? A Jedi of sorts, no doubt; but why would someone like him seem to go nearly insane with rage over a smuggler's eyes? He'd watched Wargrave rage through the dealership when first arriving, and had decided to let him have his way with the dealer for a short while. And then more had shown up, and it was then Dharkharon had decided to step into the confusion.

But now, staring at Wargrave, he couldn't help but wonder exactly who he was.

"I'm going with you," he said finally.

Maester Wargrave
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:47:49 PM
Wargrave's eyes flared and he turned towards Dharharon.

"My ship is small and not made for two. Take your own ship."

He turned away again.

"And leave me alone."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 1st, 2003, 01:39:04 PM
The doctor and attending nurses were nervous, casting several uneasy glances at her weapons then back at her. Daiq had refused to surrender her property and having waved the hilt of her saber beneath the nose of the security chief, he wisely chose to let her keep them.

Laying on her good side, she was the picture of your typical patient ...... too small a gown that was hiked up, showing things that noone had any right to see and wearing an expression of long-suffering acceptance.

"How much longer will this take?"

Daiquiri had allowed only a local anesthetic to be given. She wanted to be alert in case Kerr had gotten away and came after her and that was why her blaster and saber were resting in front of her on the exam table.

Meticulously the physician had repaired what he could of the nerve and tissue damage then applied a bacta patch to the outer wound. Snapping off his gloves, he walked around in front of her.

"A couple of the smaller nerve endings suffered too much trauma for me to repair. You might experience some numbness or tingling occasionaly but overall your hip should be fine. Take it easy for a day or two to let it heal. I see no reason why you shouldnt be able to resume your normal activities after that."

Daiq nodded and with a gesture the doctor cleared the room, allowing her the privacy to get dressed. Sliding off the table, she hurriedly pulled her clothes back on - being cautious of the patch - then left the room. Ezra was leaning against a far wall of the waiting room, his bio-suit making him stand out like a sore thumb.

DarthHERA
Aug 4th, 2003, 10:59:20 PM
"Wait, wait wait" Hera rounded from Diego onto Wargrave, "Thats it? You're going home? And this little worm (she spared a disgusted glance at Reinhart) gets to go on as business as usual?"

She pushed passed Dhakaron, not really caring who he claimed to be - fat lot of good he had been to his daughter anyway - and glared at Wargrave.

"And the guy that got s'Ils eyes in the first place gets to shoot my girl and take off scot free on a little joy ride?"

A nearly-shotoff hand wasnt exactly "scot-free" but Hera didnt consider it close enough to payment for the mans effontry to her SFF crew.

She blew out a disgusted breath at the two imposing men before her.

Then she bent and grabbed Murrey by his shirt front. She hauled him up from the floor, even as his feet scrambled to gain purchase, and a semblence of self-dignity as she snarled into his round twitchy face.

"You and me are gonna go for a little ride."

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:10:42 PM
The Dark Jedi was gruff, and Dharkharon paused for a moment. His own grey eyes flashed in anger, but soon shifted to the woman who'd elbowed her way past him to throw words at Wargrave. He narrowed his eyes at her, giving his own disgusted look as she glared at both him and the Dark Jedi.

But as she hauled Reinhart up, his mind was made up. Balmorra could wait for now.

Turning from Wargrave, he reached a hand out, plucking the dealer from Her's grasp like a small child, holding him higher off the ground by the back of his jacket collar.

"Yes. We have things to talk about."

DarthHERA
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:16:47 PM
Hera scowled at s'Ilancy's father as if a prize fish had just been snapped off her line and into another's net.

"You can have him when Im done, Daddyo. I believe I have first dibs."

She swiped him back.

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:24:13 PM
A matching scowl to the one Hera wore graced the elder s'Ilancy's face, and he grabbed Reinhart roughly, pulling him once more from the woman's grasp to send him crashing into the creaky chair he'd been sitting in before the whole mess started.

"He's staying here, with me."

The dealer made to bolt from his seat, but another shove sent him back down. Dharkharon glared at Hera. "Now," he rumbled, his voice deep and rich in the overtones of command, "If you'd like to sit down with us and have a chat, you're more than welcome.

"But for now, the man stays here. With me."

DarthHERA
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:30:49 PM
Like lightening flash, Hera drew her saber and ignited it.

She held it pointed to Dharkharon only an inch from his chest. The hum and crackle of its light energy brought a respectful silence to the room.

Her eyes levelled at Dharkharon, and his own gaze was steady and without fear, perhaps even with a hint of disdain.

Hera spoke with a thin smile as she held his eyes.
"You got five minutes, Mister s'Ilancy..and then tubby-gut over there is coming with me. Over your dead body, if necessary."

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:39:22 PM
He stared down the length of the blade to meet her eyes.

His voice was cool; calm; collected.

"I don't know who you are," he started, "... but apparently you knew my daughter. Otherwise you wouldn't be here acting out what most certainly looks to me to be revenge. While in a twisted way I am flattered, I would also expect a little more from the people Loklorien chose as her allies. Of course, knowing my daughter, maybe I shouldn't be surprised in the least. I'm here to find out what happened to my child, just as you're here to find out what happened to your friend. I'm inviting you to find the answers with me, not fight against me for the same sense of closure.

"Now. Turn that off."

DarthHERA
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:46:29 PM
Hera waivered and shifted slightly on her feet.

It was not often someone dared to cross her will when standing on the wrong end of her lightsaber. But that was not so much what made her hedge.

It was Dharkharon's manner. Calm, authorative, and completely confident in his own wisdom. He "invited her"? Hera's eyes slid from the elder s'Ilancy breifly to Murrey and back again.

Finding no real flaw in the man's reasoning, the Faene mistress shrugged, and at a real loss as to what else to do, she deactivated the blade and dropped her hand to hold it losely by her side.

"Just hurry up then" she aquiescenced.

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:54:11 PM
Reinhart said nothing as he looked from one to the other; but it was Dharkharon's hand that came out, the very same knife he'd threatened Kerr with grasped loosely in his fingers.

Stepping forward, he knelt by the dealer's side, still holding the knife loosely.

"Who killed my daughter."

It was a statement; an order.

Murrey Reinhart
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:58:30 PM
"Who killed my daughter."

"Look pal. I dun know, ok? I had the eyes, but that big guy took them, ok? ok?"

The knife shifted in the man's hand, and Murrey looked at Hera. "Lady! I'm tellin' the truth, ok? I don't know! The bounty just came by and told me to sell them!!! That's all!!"

DarthHERA
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:36:21 PM
She sneered as Murrey addressed her - he would find her hard to convince of his innocence.

"Stick him" she suggested to Dharkharon, "he might find he remembers a little more detail with the right prodding."

Murrey Reinhart
Aug 17th, 2003, 04:03:14 PM
"Wait wait wait!!!"

Reinhart gave in.

"Look, i dunno who killed her, ok? but that bounty hunter, he carved out her eyes and brought 'em to me to sell, ok? All I know is that the Hutts put out a bounty on her head, and that they wanted her dead. Ok? Look, as it is, I don't even have the eyes any more, get it??!!"

He squirmed a little more, looking nervously between Hera and the man holding the knife dangerously close to one of his fingers.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 17th, 2003, 09:28:43 PM
Despite the aggravation of what she had just gone through, Daiq had to laugh at the sight of Ezra standing alone in his bio-suit while the rest of those waiting had segregated themselves from him, staring nervously at his face behind the mask.

She held her expression to one of concerned seriousness as she approached him.

"It was close but the doctors believe they got to me in time - I should make a full recovery. Good thing you were inside your suit when that guy with the nasty flesh-eating disease rubbed all over ya. C'mon, we'll get you hosed down......you didnt touch anybody in here, did you?"

Moving as one, all the occupants of the waiting room leaned back even further from Ezra, turning their heads and trying desperately not to inhale any of the deadly bugs he might be carrying.

ShadowFaenes resident vampire had caught on to the joke quick enough and was now hiding a grin. Following her out, he dropped an offhanded comment.

"I think I might have touched one of the orderlies but Im not sure which one."

As if on cue, all eyes shifted to the closest hospital worker and a loud buzz of whispering rose as Daiq and Ezra exited the building.

"So, whats the plan? What did I miss?"

DarthHERA
Aug 18th, 2003, 09:03:19 PM
"You're wasting time" Hera snarled at s'Ilancy-senior while holding a maleviolent glare on Murrey.

"Let me have at the little worm and I'll get the information we need. Or at the least, a little revenge.."

Her stared hardened and sidestepping Dharkharon, she snatched Reinhard up by the collar once more.

"Who is this bounty hunter, and where is his base?"

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Aug 22nd, 2003, 06:35:21 PM
With a swift move, Dharkharon was up, one strong hand grasping Hera's wrist as the other, after closing and pocketing the knife, carefully plucked each of her fingers individually from Reinhart's collar. The shifty dealer fell to the ground, and scrambled up, darting to the side and hopefully his freedom. It was a wasted effort, and still keeping a firm grip on Hera, the elder s'Ilancy shot out an arm, his fingers closing around the back collar of Murrey's shirt.

"We're not through yet," he said simply, once more depositing the shorter man in the chair.

His eyes were still on the woman though, and with deliberate motions, turned to once more look at the unfortunate victim of circumstance. Letting go of Hera, he knelt, and pulled the knife out again. Flicking the blade out, he slowly rested the tip of the shaprened edge on Reinhart's right index finger.

"Who is the bounty hunter that brought you the eyes," he ordered, his rumbling voice calm, low, and deadly.

imported_Ezra
Aug 23rd, 2003, 10:15:44 PM
Stopping just outside the medical building, Ezra grabbed Daiquiri by the arm and checked her to make sure she was actually ok and not bamboozling the vampyre. Content of the patchwork done on her, he turned and continued as he answered her inquiry.

"Oh the usual, nothing but me getting blamed directly or otherwise from Hera. As long as you're ok things should be fine."

Helping Daiquiri into the speeder, he jumped over the back and then into the drivers seat. He started it up and sped off. He turned to face his passenger and shot a question himself.

"So where to? Back to get Hera, or get you to the Marva? It's your call."

DarthHERA
Aug 23rd, 2003, 10:25:13 PM
"You this slow at everything?"

Hera sniped to Dharkharon as she sat on the corner of the desk beside Murrey, enabling a birdseye view of the impending bloodletting.

While Dharkharon played his bad cop, worse cop with Hera, she tapped her comm, giving the signal for Ahron to bring his ship round to pick her up.

She was just about through waiting around.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 23rd, 2003, 11:27:29 PM
"Getting blamed....for what? This? Nah, dont worry about it. You didnt know he had the gun."

Daiq reached up and lightly smacked the back of his head.

"Im fine, Ez, really. Lets go see whats happening with Hera. If shes not there, we'll just have to find her."

Murrey Reinhart
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:51:08 AM
"Ok ok ok ok!!!"

That was enough, he was through. The force could have Tirzak Kerr for all the trouble he'd put Reinhart through. If the dealer had known anything remotely like this was going to happen, he'da never agreed to sell the damn eyes.

And if he didn't think his finger would have been lobbed off, he would have lifted his arms up in defeat. As it was, he just rose one arm, the look on his face a mixture of pleading and exhasperation.

"Look. the guy's name is Kerr. Tirzak Kerr. He's a bounty hunter for whoever can afford him, ok? He was on the bounty for the Butcher when he found her dead, and capitalizing on the situation, cut her eyes out and brought them to me to sell, ok? We didn't talk much except for business, and about the only thing he said aside from selling the eyes was that he planned on taking a long vacation with some ladyfriend afterwards, ok? That's all I know, ok? Ok?"

He'd talked fast, but it was all understandable regardless, and as he looked from one to the other, he prayed that the man would let him leave with all ten fingers.

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:15:46 AM
The knife was returned to the pocket from which it'd come, and Dharkharon stood slowly, looking down at the dealer through narrowed eyes. He was satisfied with the name, and would give it to some of his friends in CorSec to track down.

He was done.

Looking to Hera, his expression remained unreadable as he turned to leave. "My dear, being slow and methodical while paying attention to detail yields the best results," was all he said, stepping over debris on his way to the door.

DarthHERA
Aug 27th, 2003, 08:24:52 PM
Dharkharon's comment failed to evoke a response other than a bland stare from Hera.

Murrey, however, she afforded a "feint" stike towards him as she got up from the desk, which made his plump little body jump. He quickly recovered, but not quite quick enough, Hera was already laughing at him.

On the heels of s'Ilancy, Hera too exited. Across the way, Ahron was waiting for her.

She took a moment before she parted from Dharkharon, catching his arm lightly. He looked down at her, almost affronted that she'd be so forward.

"Lok was a friend of mine. If I find Tirzak Kerr, I'll save a peice for you."

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Aug 28th, 2003, 01:34:38 PM
Dharkharon only stared down at her, taking her in as she spoke. For once, her tone was neither impatient nor angered. Instead, it was sincere. He breathed deeply, then looked over her shoulder at the dealership they'd both emerged from. It was strange, how the last remains of his oldest daughter had ended up preserved in a vial, and up for auction while being held for safekeeping in a used speeder lot.

It saddened him, really.

Eyes returning to hers, the elder s'Ilancy nodded his thanks. "That would be most Appreciated, Ms. - "

DarthHERA
Aug 28th, 2003, 08:16:12 PM
"DrenKast, but Hera's fine. I will contact you through Balmorra if and when I have anything for you."

She handed a small communicator to s'Ilancy.

"SSF frequencies are set up in there...kind of like auto-dial. If you have further information, I would appreciate hearing from you."

Dharkharon s'Ilancy
Aug 28th, 2003, 10:15:23 PM
Dharkharon gave a nod, taking the small communicator from Hera, palming the device easily while looking down at her once more. Shoulders squared, the elder s'Ilancy let the first hints of sadness creep into his metal gaze before silding the comm into the inside pocket of his overcoat.

"Thank you... "

A pause.

"... for being her friend."

He turned then, heading away from Hera and her cohorts to his own personal craft which sat docked at the nearest spaceport.

Taylor Millard
Aug 28th, 2003, 10:47:55 PM
The ship's room was dark as the suited sat by the desk. Around him, candles lit the interior of the ship. And surrounding him musically was a fugue by the Balmorran Composer, Modest Savarel, the dark tones resonating throughout the ship.

The man's back slumped as he looked at the linen paper laying on the oak desk. A long, slow breath came from his mouth as he began to press his pen down on the paper.

Dear Loklorien,

It's become quite obvious to me, you do not care to be found. If you are truly dead, as the bounty hunter claims you are, then I apologize for writing this in memorandum. We such fun times together didn't we? Swimming in the Balmorran Sea, going to Omar Prime, walking together on Bin Prime...yes it was fun wasn't it?

Did you get bored...is that why you've disappeared? Although claiming to still love me in your letter, you've twice demanded me to leave you alone...to never chase after me again. Very well...you have your wish, I shall never hunt you again. I will never check to see if you're alive or even bother to care if you're found alive either.

Do not miss understand me, my dear s'Ilancy, I do still love you. But I am of the opinion both your father and sister were correct. You do run from whatever problems you have...and instead of wanting to deal with them; you've made the concious choice to leave and ignore them.

If you do wish to pick up your ship, I will give it to Kyryanu so you may pick it up. I suppose you will also want The Shirow as well. Through our mutual contact, Hera DrenKast, you may get the ship from her.

I suppose now we go our seperate ways...I go back to Balmorra and you rush into whoever's arms you've found. I do hope it's someone who will respect your lupine abilities as well. After all...we don't want you to tire of them after a few months do we? Hmm?

I see you now drinking some sort of cheap beer and laying down on a bed, enjoying yourself. Is this true? No...you do not need to tell me..I all ready know.

You've played your last piece here in our little game. I concede defeat and return to Balmorra to my job which I have neglected for the last two years. If anything...it has taught me to remain to myself and hold my emotions in check. If you do ever read this, please...enjoy it for what it's worth. After all, time does fly by in this galaxy.

Give your regards to whoever it is you've decided to stay with. I'm sure they'll have fun.

Your old pal,
Grand Admiral Taylor Millard

P.S. If you do ever wish to return to Balmorra, you may do so. I cannot guarentee we will see each other. As you suspected, things are changing on the planet and not necessarily for the better. If you do return be cautious and careful. There are those who still see you in a dark light. We wouldn't want you to return under terrible circumstances do we?

P.P.S. I suppose I will have to find something to do with the yslamiri in the half built castle and the chateau. I suppose I can always sell them to Grand Admiral Desaria...he has use for them now I believe.

Millard pondered the letter as he read over it. Yes indeed he did mean all he'd written and he had every intention to send it.

But something held him back...was it the vain hope s'Ilancy, whether she be dead or alive, would return to Balmorra and himself?

Millard's thoughts ran over it...as he slid the letter in the desk he was working on and poured himself a drink.

It was time to return to Balmorra and fix whatever mess there was.

The door of the desk closed as Millard listened to the music and drank his wine.