PDA

View Full Version : Of the works: Warlock

Makoto Neo
Jul 13th, 2003, 08:00:43 PM
A summon had been sent, officially signed with a strange signet. It told of acute directions to a large, concrete pad deep within the Order's grounds. Surrounded by large trunks, parasitic vines twisting up their dark forms, the concrete pad had long since deteriated into several hunks of stone.

Noone seemed to be in the vicinity.

Warlock
Jul 23rd, 2003, 07:43:06 AM
Admittedly as an old man, Warlock could not travel quickly on foot, but this was beginning to become irritating. It seemed the walk to destination would never end. Just when he was about to stop for a rest, however, he realized he had arrived, and allowed his weight to rest upon his staff as he looked around. There wasn’t anyone here.

“Hail?”

Makoto Neo
Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:05:06 AM
''Greetings..." A voice echoed about, the origin bounced across the trees and stones. "Truth be told, I was expecting a much younger individual than yourself... But, age holds no boundries. What is your name?"

Warlock
Jul 23rd, 2003, 02:32:00 PM
“Most call me Warlock,” the old man replied to the disembodied voice.

“Now you have my name, what is yours?”

Makoto Neo
Jul 23rd, 2003, 02:52:10 PM
"Makoto Neo." It responded, then paused for what seemed like a minute. There was a short rustling above, but nothing else. "Most call me Mako. What are you doing here, Warlock? Looking for something... or someone?"

Warlock
Jul 23rd, 2003, 02:59:03 PM
“Well, Mako, I was sent a summons to be here by someone who was set to teach me, however I fear in my age I might not have moved quick enough and they have departed, presuming I did not intend to attend the lesson.”

Makoto Neo
Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:20:12 PM
"The summons did not have a..."

WHUMP

".... Particular set time on them," he spoke, erecting from a stiff landing crouch, "I prefer not to limit others with such handicaps of 'time'. It is often unreliable, do you agree?"

Warlock
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:29:48 AM
What Warlock was most interested in was the manipulation of time and space – it had been his specialty within the Coven – and thus he knew of its volatility.

“Agreed,” he replied as he looked to the beastman who had appeared, apparently the one who had called him here.

Makoto Neo
Jul 27th, 2003, 01:47:10 PM
Makoto nodded, "What do you know of the sith, of the darkside?"

Warlock
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:52:41 AM
“The Darkside is a shade of the greater Force… the tie which binds all, living and dead. We as Sith draw upon the Force with our darker emotions - hatred, anger, fear - all with powerful results. ”

Makoto Neo
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:13:35 PM
"Exellent response," Mako said, "I will presume that you know little of Force Techniques; push, pull, enhancement, combat?"

Warlock
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:05:46 AM
“I have not partaken in any training for any of those things. I wouldn’t risk myself an injury in combat training here, with all the other vivacious young apprentices,” he replied, with a definite hint of mirth in his voice.

Makoto Neo
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:47:45 PM
"Very well."

Mako waved a hand at one of the smaller boulders, almost absently. "Concentrate on the Force, Warlock, and meld it to your body as another arm, a young, strong one at that. Acknoledge the appendage to me once you have it."

Warlock
Jul 31st, 2003, 01:12:06 PM
As instructed Warlock began to meditate on the Force and drew upon feelings of pain and anger, drawn mostly from his younger years as a member of the Subryn. When he felt sure enough that this rage would do – it was making his jaw tighten somewhat, something he was surprised at – he extended his staff outwards and the pebbles about his feet began to tremble and quiver.

Makoto Neo
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:35:06 PM
"Good. I don't expect you to lift that bugger right off, but try. If your age is a hinderence, I will teach you to override it, to decimate it," Makoto coached, "Concentrate harder, dig up past memories... that bulley in school, how your mother denied you from going out. Hate, rage... all of it. Direct it into that stone, form hands with the Force, hands that lift.."

Warlock
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:27:20 AM
The memories of his initiation into his coven were what he was drawing upon and they worked perfectly. The quivering stones ceased but ripple after ripple was encircling the boulder. Where some were chaotic with their anger, Warlock was extremely controlled and thus found it easy to rein in and direct the Force.

“My age,” Warlock replied, in a vaguely sharp tone, as the boulder rose and bobbed in the air.

“Is a hindrance only for my physical prowess.”

Makoto Neo
Aug 21st, 2003, 05:54:32 PM
Makoto clapped, "Good, Apprentice. Very Good! Now, circle it around yourself."

Warlock
Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:31:19 AM
Warlock smiled thinly and nodded. His eyes closed. His reasoning always was that time builds a strong mind, and this was more than proof. The boulder moved at his whim and rose to orbit him, albeit somewhat erratically, at a slow pace. It was an invigorating feeling, to command something as such, and made his lips stretch into a grin.

Makoto Neo
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:17:12 PM
"Your task now is to keep the rock roatating around you for as long as you possibly are mentally able to do," Mako ordered, crossing his arms over his broad chest, "Each day you will hold it longer, until it becomes second nature. Then we will move to a larger boulder. Understand?"

Warlock
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:01:58 PM
Warlock frowned slightly. It seemed like such a small task to be doing for days, but if that was what Makoto believed was best.

“Very well then. Are we to adjourn now or carry on with further exercises?” he asked as the boulder bobbed about.

Makoto Neo
Oct 24th, 2003, 05:24:07 PM
"We shall carry on," replied he.

"At your present age, confronting a Jedi with melee combat is not advised for the benefit of one's health. This daily task will slowly strengthen your mental capacities for an option to wage your battles, if the opponent cannot touch you then he cannot harm you."

"But, as all things happen, your mind will become exhausted from the strain. No matter of time and exercises can prevent that from occuring, when it does you must be prepared for melee or even fleeing combat. The Force can allow the user to channel it's energies into yourself, fact, but if you are persay... excommunicated for a breif period of time, What other methods may you have access to?"

Warlock
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:48:30 AM
“I understand my limitations,” Warlock replied.

“And they are many. These mental abilities are all I shall ever possess, until the day that someone works out how to reverse the aging process. Telepathy and telekinesis … elementalism and control … they all rely on the mind, but equally so physical combat and the empowering of strength and stamina with the Force is tiresome for the mind too… both the mind and body, of course.

In some ways I am fortunate that I have to exert only the one of the two.”

Makoto Neo
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:59:47 AM
"Exaclty."

"I will tell you upfront, Apprentice, that I am not the best at using the Force within this Academy. I rely on my phsical capabilties more than mental, I can teach you everything I know regarding combat, but then I still can instruct you on what little I had gotten by on with the Force. Once that is finished, you are free to seek another master, because what I can teach isn't complete nor is the best," Mako speeched, "Or you can leave now and no offense would be taken."