PDA

View Full Version : Meeting with the keeper of Shadows.(Shadowkeeper)

Dragoon
Jul 11th, 2003, 06:08:36 PM
I smiled as I walked along the place of my birth. The planet of Coruscant. The place where my untrue parents were. I had long since left them to become the knight of dreams. Defending peoples dreams, and keeping them safe. I smiled and unsheathed my sword from my side. I pulled it from the dangling tether on my red armor. The wings in my armor were at rest. And my blonde hair flowed easily in the wind. I shetahed my sword back and headed to a dark alley. I saw a young woman being pushed around by other people. They were taking her purse, and ripping off articles of clothing. I walked over to the men and hidden amidst the shadows I spoke.

"Leave the woman alone." I said in a cold menancing voice. I saw the men stop and drop the woman. They looked into the shadows, and spoke to me. "Why should we bub?" One of them said in a smug voice. I walked up to them closer, and my face could be seen. I saw them looking at me now. I smiled and lifted my head. My blonde hair shifted and I looked at the villains.

"We got a sissy on our hands boys!" He said in an intimidating voice. I smiled and stepped out of the shadows. My red armor glinted and my wings shone with pure beauty. I stepped out and my sword hung from it's leather sheath. I pulled the sword from it's sheath and smiled. The villains stepped back in horror.

I spoke in a cold voice as my sword was laid to rest by my side. "You call people names, and you hurt innocent women. Well this stops now. I have seen this womans dreams, and they are pure. You on the other hand, are nightmares. And the dreams of the pure must be defended. Now be gone nightmares! Haunt this woman no more!" I charged at the men and they pulled out blasters. They fired off shots at me and I leapt into the air as the triggers were pulled. I then dove, as my wings acted like a glider and ran into the body of one of the villains with my blade. I pulled my blade from his carcass and headed for the next two. I swiftly kicked the first into the wall, and then sliced the others head off. I smiled and went to the last one. I picked him up by his neck and held him there. I took my blade and put the tip on his torso. I looked at him and spoke, "Be gone nightmare. You and all nightmares with you!" With the last word I let go and rammed my sword through his torso. I pulled him from my blade and saw that the woman had run away. I sheathed my sword, but I heard footsteps. I turned to hear them and looked into the shadows, "Another nightmare wishing to be exorcised?" I said with a smile.

Shadowkeeper
Jul 12th, 2003, 10:30:23 AM
A quiet, stocky form came around the corner, covered from head to toe in a robe, the wind pulling at the tattered edges. A voice came from within the hooded recess, "Ridding the universe of nightmares, are we? Strange that one nightmare should be replaced by another."

The mysterious figure was met with the forceful rejoinder, "Should I take it that you are the nightmare sent in lieu of these others?" A blade which would have been otherwise naked but for the blood, glinted in the light of the surrounding buildings, pointing at the chest of the newcomer. The robed figure made no move to defend itself even as the blade of its opponent slowly neared its face.

"Of course not," said the stranger. "Whenever referring to myself in conversation, the pronoun 'I' is generally used instead of describing myself in a roundabout way. No, no, no--not me." Here the stranger paused, letting the tension of the moment ebb and flow. "I am no nightmare; I am, however, a shadow. You see, young man, it is you who are the nightmare."

A quick slashing movement to the throat was the Knight's only
response--but the slash simply cut the air. The Knight of Dreams had missed his target, not for lack of skill, but because his target was simply gone. He blinked, glancing around the alley apprehensively. Warily, he began to withdraw from the lit spot where he had stood, still holding his sword in a ready position.

And just as suddenly as the Stranger was gone, a cold blade was pressed to the throat of the Knight as a strong grip seized on his spine. "I could kill you just as easily as you killed these young men here tonight--but I'm not as reckless as you." The knife pulled away and a swift punch to the small of his back sent the Knight sprawling across the alley floor.

"How convenient that you saved the woman from assailants--and became an assailant youself. Under usual circumstances, had the woman survived she would have been tortured by nightmares for months in the wake of that assault. However, now that she has survived at your hands, all her dreams will show her for weeks to come is the mangled, bloody forms of her attackers. Do you really think she can tell the difference between you saving her under poorly-acted-out galant delusions, and the outbreak of gang war?"

Furious the Knight had climbed back to his feet, spinning around, saying, "And you think you could've done better???? I was that woman's only hope."

"And you certainly gave her hope by showing her the delicacy of
performing decapitation," the Stranger replied disdainfully. "It was an especially nice touch to decapitate the youth in such a way as to land his head right in her path as she fled. Tripping over that was undoubtedly the highlight of her evening."

The Knight drew his sword to the ready position again and prepared to attack.

Dragoon
Jul 12th, 2003, 10:25:10 PM
I smiled at the so called shadow. "Shadows come from nightmares my friend! You are a nightmare. Haunt this plane no longer!" I swung my sword and as I did I placed my hand on the mans throat. Squeezing tightly until something in my mind clicked and without thinking I dropped him and my blade.

I fell to my knees and stood up once more. "You are no mere nightmare. You are something else my friend. Your power is unimaginable. I can not harm anyone that is not a nightmare. That fact has been established. And all the woman knew as she fled was that I was tossing the bodies to the side. She saw no decapitation. And she would have been introduced to much worse." I smiled and picked up my blade. My blonde hair flowed and I smiled at the man. "Come with me. Let me show you where they would have taken her."

I led him down the path and too an old building. Inside the building lie dead women. "They have been killing and raping women for days. I intend to stop them tonight." I pulled my sword from it's teather and kicked the door down. Over ten to fifteen men surrounded me. Knifes, chains, and any other item that could be used as a weapon was being brandished at me. I smiled, "You have haunted this plane long enough nightmares. Time to die, your innocence has been wasted. Haunt this plane no longer!"

I noticed a man coming towards me from the side with a chain. I dashed to the side and jutted my sword into his abdomen. I lifted him up on my blade, and he slid down it even further. The blood poured down my blade and onto my face. "Killing nightmares! You all become so real on this plane. But no longer!" I tossed my sword outwards throwing the body into two of the guards and knocking them down. I dashed forward, blood on my face and a psychotic smile on my face. I pulled my sword across the ground, scrapping their innards out. I turned to the remaining nine people and smiled.

"Die, and never return!" I looked at the shadow and laughed psychotically. "Going to help, or do you prefer to stand there?!" I smiled and leapt toward the others. My sword swinging about like a madman. I was killing the nightmares, and vanquishing the nightmares always gave me a good feeling. But I still had one more nightmare to track down. He would die soon enough. For now I had to stop the continuous nightmares. I continued to do what I had trained myself to do.