PDA

View Full Version : In the arms of the angels (Aevenon Cloak, open)

Jana Silthron
Jul 11th, 2003, 10:03:16 AM
Sarah McLachlan - Angel
Spend all your time waiting for that second chance
For the break that will make it OK
There's always some reason to feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction or a beautiful release
Memories seep from my veins
Let me be empty and weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of the Angel far away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the Angel; may you find some comfort here

So tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn
There's vultures and thieves at your back
The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies
That you make up for all that you lack
It don't make no difference, escaping one last time
It's easier to believe
In this sweet madness, oh this glorious sadness
That brings me to my knees

In the arms of the Angel far away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie
In the arms of the Angel; may you find some comfort here

You're in the arms of the Angel; may you find some comfort here

~~~~

The same church with the statues of angels surrounding the roof. They guarded it. They had a purpose even if they were just stone. Guardians, not killers like the one that moved amung them.

One of the statues moved. One that had previously been kneeling down, seeming to look over the edge of the roof top was now standing and staring at the sky. A second later and she was unable to be seen. Anyone looking up would probobly belive that it was just a trick of the eye. That they had never seen that statue that they had thought they had. To any normal being that is what it looked like.

But that was not the truth. Jana moved to the center of the roof and looked up at the sky. The many lights of the city was blocked by the roof tops this high. The stars were clear as she looked about. She wondered if she was the only one of her kind. If this was the only place to find those who were like here. With these statues. She had heard rumors of others but had never seen any sense her father and mother died. Could there be any more? She doubted it.

Jana listened to the soft music being played inside the church. The low, haunting, beutiful sounds filled her ears. But soon, a new music filled her ears. One of darkness and hatred. The darkside once again, telling her to go back home. To go back to the Sith Order. She had left for a quest of her own weeks before, trying to find any of her kind, and had yet to return. She was not sure she wanted to. But still the 'music' ran through her mind. The music of the darkside. Filled with hatred and anger and death. She closed her eyes and lowered her head.

"Is this all I am? A forgotten race that has fallen to darkness?"

Aevenon Cloak
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:03:04 PM
The service concluded within the old church, its sparse few attendants trickling out into the street. The last of the group was a man who himself looked as though he could of easily passed as a priest. Donning robed, whose hems seemed to gently sway even in the absence of a breeze, Aevenon Cloak was a dream in monochrome, his striking blue hair the only splash of color on his person. The heavy collar of his covering cloak hid the wings he bore, for the most part.

As he strode into the street he looked skyward, drops of new rain splashing down onto his cheeks. Little crows feet forming by his eyes, he squinted and exhaled heavily. There was so much he needed to learn about this world, this galaxy, this life … and yet he had so little time. Pulling up his hood, and rustling his wings beneath his robes, he started off into the streets.

Jana Silthron
Jul 13th, 2003, 02:06:25 PM
Jana looks at the sky as it starts to rain and sighs. The music had stopped and everyone in the service left. Jana walked over to the edge of the building and looked down. She figured that it was time for her to go. She spread her wings wide and crouched down.

She then lept off the building, pulling her wings close to her as she fell head first towards the people below. Screams from the croud erupted as she fell quicker and quicker towards the people. Ten feet above the ground, she flares her wings and stop her fall. She practicly hits a man with blue hair in the head with her right wing. She flys off above the heads of the croud a few yards then takes off into the night sky, leaving the startled croud behind.

Aevenon Cloak
Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:59:20 AM
For Aevenon the world moved in slow streams. The Force acted as such that he often saw things as though they were in replay, delayed giving him a rare opportunity to react before things could happen. This occasion was one of them, where as a wing soared to meet him he moved and felt only a slight knock. His eyes immediately turned skyward, fixing in on the shape moving off into the inky blue.

The ambrellians immediate reaction was to follow. To see another of his kind was rare, and he wished to speak with this being. Discarding his cloak from his shoulders, his magnificent luminescent wings spread apart and with a single beat lifted him into the air and after his quarry.

Jana Silthron
Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:12:07 AM
Jana sighed as she felt the wind on her face once again. Her mind wandered. She was flying slowly for what she normaly flew. She flew high into the air, higher than most of the buildings. It was only then that she relised that someone was following her.

She heard the beats of his wings and looked behind her. A man was following her.... a man with wings. She was so startled that she turned compleatly around, flying backwards. She didn't see the office building behind her and smashes in one of the windows and into the wall across from it.

She cringes as she sits up. Several cuts now appeared on her arms and face from the falling glass. She shook her head and stood up, knocking the peices of glass away from her. She quickly started to heal the wounds and by the time she remembered about the man, they were gone except the blood.

Jana ran to the window and leaned out, looking around for the man. Her eyes darted across the sky and buildings below. After a moment of nothing, she sighed and steped back to sit on the desk of the office. She figured that she had just seen things. She had been tired lately so lack of sleep was her explanation.

Aevenon Cloak
Jul 24th, 2003, 02:55:22 AM
A loud flutter and two boots landed within the deserted office. Aevenon Cloak ducked beneath the shattered pane and strode forward with a curious expression covering his face, his resolve to learn more about this woman set now in stone. As was usual with the ambrellian, he spoke only through the Force.

Greetings.

Jana Silthron
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:08:16 AM
Jana lept to her feet and grabed her sword. Her eyes were wide as she looked apon this man. She could not believe what she was seeing. Was this actualy another of her kind? She shook her head and looked at him again.

"What kind of prank are you trying to pull? Who the hell are you and why are you here?"

Aevenon Cloak
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:36:37 AM
I saw you and I had to meet you, he replied simply, a childish naivety to his voice.

I have never seen another so similar to myself.