PDA

View Full Version : Starried Eyed Messiah - A Violent Farewell [open to anyone]

Ishan Shade
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:31:22 AM
ooc- this thread never took off in storytelling like planned so im putting out here, open to ANYONE - sith/jedi/bounty hunter/scoundrals :D

"It has been said that those who master the mysteries of The Force posses the power to rule the Galaxy. Any Jedi could do this. But the Jedi, fools that they are, adhere to a religion that binds them to the service of inferiors.

How....short sighted of them."

The shuttle landed just outside the industrial complex of Courcant's main street. A lone figured emerged from the ramp, trailing a cape behind. The guards stood to attention. They eyed one another nervously. Rumors had been circulating about Lord Shade. Rumors of his tutelage ... under a Dark Lord of The Sith. Not that it could make him any more intimidating, Shade was never known for his mercy or sympathy. Captain James Kent, head of operations for Shade Industries stood at the doorway to meet him.

Kent bowed at the waist. "My Lord. We are truly honored."

"Are you, Captain?" came the short reply, "I understand that you were surprised by the news of my visit."

Kent surrendered about two heads worth of height to Shade, and had to crane his neck to reply. "Pleasantly, of course, My Lord."

Ishan merely looked down at him. Kent could not tell whether it was annoyance or new respect. Truthfully, it was impossible to tell through the Falleen's stern expression. They walked into the large industrial stronghold before Ishan began.

"I have heard of the Senator's change of heart to our situation on Dalmore. I trust this matter will be taken care of."

Shade did not change his walking pace, nor bothered to look at the Captain. Unbidden, the words came to Kent's throat.

"It would not be wise to target someone so predominant in the Senate, My Lord."

Ishan stopped. Kent knew that hadn't been very wise at all.

"You doubt my will?"

"Of course not," he said quickly, "It's simply that the killing of a Senator would not go down quietly. More than likely the Jedi would get involved."

Kent felt an oppressive tightness in his throat, and hoped fervently that his own nervousness had placed it there, for he too had heard the rumors.

"Your opinions are irrelevant," said Ishan, and he began walking away, down the gleaming rows of marble, "So long as you carry out your orders."

"But the Jedi will start an investigation," he said plainly, "They would surely trace it back to us."

Shade turned on him. A black-gloved hand came up in a threatening gesture, and this time the tightness in Kent's throat was not at all natural.

"Perhaps you require a reminder of the high value I place on loyalty."

His lungs burned for air, and all he could do was give a simplistic nod. Kent fought his need for oxygen to a standstill. Ishan released him, as Kent drew in a long breath.

"See that you do not lose sight of that, Captain Kent." Ishan boomed as he walked away from the bruised officer.

There will be no one to stand in his way now. . .he had some meetings to keep.