PDA

View Full Version : I'd have preferred not posting here....

imported_Marcus
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:35:48 AM
Cause frankly there is the odd one or two buttclown I cant stand here, but I feel I really do need to address something that will be seen by the community as a whole.

Over the rather long time I have been here, it has been my joy to know most of you. While I would OOC give someone a clip around the ears, most I have enjoyed chatting or arguing or annoying the hell out of you. and indeed, I dont mind the odd bit of trolling. And I have to point out, I genuinely dont hate anyone. It's Online, right? WTF should I truly care about someone I will never meet, the ignore feature works and works well.

Point.. ahh yes, the point of this missive.

It used to be you would find me in the centre of OOC fights cause of how I am. These days, I'm one of these hermits that just has fun, the way I like it. But...... there is a reason I am now drawn to post.

Look, the last few weeks I have seen a good friends fight around me. I have had several good friends fall out and I find myself tiptoeing around it all. Right now, I do wish to say that I will remain friends with everyone and I will be refusing to side with anyone, or anything like that. I dont mind if you want a friendly ear to blow steam at, I dont mind if you want to have someone listen to you rant and rave coause of some wrong...

BUT I will not take sides, I will not allow myself to be drawn into disputes and I will be most furious if I end up being forced into it. I dont care who you are, I dont care who your fighting with, your free to use me as a friend, but your not going to make me pick sides or destroy friendships I have made. I am here to roleplay, I am here to have fun, and I am here cause I have friends and I dont care if you hate someone else I am friends with - your not going to ruin my frendship with those persons.

so, in the end, tho I do feel I'm in the middle fo a few storms, I'm here to be a friend and to support you and helpy you out the best way I can, but I am not here to pick sides or get truly involved.

Thank you for listening and I shalt hopefuly not bother you with a rant like this agin.

Mark

Dae Jinn
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:42:16 AM
Very well said and I totally agree Mark.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 11th, 2003, 01:19:32 AM
Y'know, if I'd been in the middle of what I hear is blowing around recently, I probably would've posted something like this. Good show, old boy.

Lady Vader
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:42:04 PM
:thumbup

Agree with you, I do, and support your stance.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:36:25 PM
I agree with you as well, Mark -- indeed, good show. :)

Lord Soth
Jul 11th, 2003, 05:42:20 PM
Well said...:)

Dove
Jul 11th, 2003, 06:58:40 PM
Is there really that much of a drama behind the scenes here? We should have a VH1's SWforums: Behind the Posting

Pilot Akito
Jul 11th, 2003, 07:37:03 PM
More like WWE: SWFans
You really wouldn't believe how bad it can get. I know I've been there. It's not fun to see your friends get into a fight like this, but it happens.

All you can do is hope for the best (unfortunally I picked the "Flame everyone and maybe they will stop" option.)

Verse Dawnstrider
Jul 11th, 2003, 08:43:14 PM
It takes ball of steel to not take a side in fights between friends. Most peopel can't do it, or go insane trying. Good Deal.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:40:36 PM
Just one ball of steel? Wow.

But seriously, yes it can get that dramatic. Noble goals, Marky mark.

Chaos Alexander
Jul 12th, 2003, 12:02:28 AM
Ever heard the phrase "i'd give my right/left nut....."

That is about the only excuse I could find for that typo........

/end temporary spam

Zeke
Jul 12th, 2003, 12:21:40 AM
And besides that, 2 balls of steel would make it damn near impossible to walk. Anyways, I agree with Marcus' idea of not choosing sides. I had a group of friends in high school broken apart because of in fighting and choosing sides; if we'd had more people willing to not take sides but give a friendly ear to listen, we'd still have that group.

Charley
Jul 12th, 2003, 04:27:51 PM
A great philosopher once said something, and I will now paraphrase, to fit my gist:

There will be no bigotry on these forums. I do not discriminate between n00bs, godmoders, drama-whores, and spammers. You are all equally worthless.