PDA

View Full Version : Council?

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2003, 06:24:06 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30660

Looks like a good thread for you guys...

Morgan Evanar
Jul 10th, 2003, 06:33:18 PM
Sorry, we aren't an asylum.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2003, 06:47:41 PM
:mneh

It's a planned storyline/RP.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 10th, 2003, 07:42:19 PM
Uh huh. Well, we aren't a dumping ground for troubled individuals.

The planning was bad.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2003, 02:52:36 AM
I can hardly think of a well adjusted individual in this place - we're all fucked up IC in some way.

Even figrin. He's fucked up cause he is so not fucked up, if you get my meaning. No one should be that normal!

Anyway, why shouldnt the Jedi try to heal someone insane? Seems like a Jedi thing to do. I mean, yeah, i'd have shot the bugger, but there are nice Jedi here whom I would bet would be okay with trying to heal insanity

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:35:27 AM
People aren't supposed to be trained to be Jedi unless they truly want to be one, IIRC

Xazor Elessar
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:27:57 PM
He isn't requesting to be trained, yet, he is being brought here to lead to that point later on.

:\

Figrin D'an
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:48:25 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Even figrin. He's fucked up cause he is so not fucked up, if you get my meaning. No one should be that normal!

I'll take that as a compliment...

more or less. :p

Morgan Evanar
Jul 12th, 2003, 12:12:02 AM
We aren't a mental rehabilitation facility. A Padawan or Jedi canidate has to have some level of personal responsibility.

Anyway, why shouldnt the Jedi try to heal someone insane? Seems like a Jedi thing to do. I mean, yeah, i'd have shot the bugger, but there are nice Jedi here whom I would bet would be okay with trying to heal insanity Lets try and be slightly realistic for a milisecond. Some asshat gets fed up with their pateient and unloads them on the Jedi? Thats the lamest shit I've seen in some time. Furthermore, we're suddenly expected to have both the facilities and the time for this?

Deeevine.

Sage Hazzard
Jul 12th, 2003, 12:48:14 AM
I have to agree with Morgan on this one. Atleat until the idea is greatly revised.

Now, I won't comment on realism based on how the good doctors behaved. Because this could be a shady mental hospital with a crooked doctor. However, where's the legalities of this? What about the guy's parents, who signed him over to the asylum? In my mind this doctor would lose his license for violating the guy's rights and for poor practice.

Now, maybe the Jedi would help him, under the right circumstances. Maybe if the doctor brought him in and talked it over with us, told us he needed our help. Then maybe a good willed Jedi could have taken it apon themselves to heal him, then he could choose on his own if he wanted to be a Jedi. But the idea of this guy getting dumped, drugged, and now he's our problem...? Not very polite and I, IC as Sage, would be against it. Not the act of helping him but the idea that we're tossed his leash and asked to babysit him.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 12th, 2003, 08:37:13 AM
I think it's really rude that you guys knock down, openly, another's ideas. I would have thought you, Morgan especially, to be a lot more respectable than that.

:\

Morgan Evanar
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:24:43 AM
I think it's really rude that you guys knock down, openly, another's ideas. I would have thought you, Morgan especially, to be a lot more respectable than that. I think its really pretentious that you expect bad, unrealisitc (not character concept, mind you) action to be recieved with open arms.

If Charley did it, I'd ask AK to run a sanity check on the guy. Shawn, I'd call, wtf. etc. I'm not picking on you, and I'm not going to sit down and let something totally outlandish walk in the door when I can do something about it.

The execution of this character's backstory to getting to the Jedi needs to be done differently if you want to be recived with open arms.

I'm not knocking it down, its just flawed. If engineers during peer review just metaphorically sucked each other off, could you imagine the kind of trash we'd have driving on the roads?

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:28:13 PM
Well, if these people are looking for someone to teach him things like social graces, anger management, and the like, then Wei might help the guy out. Like Morgan said, this isn't an asylum or anything, and I don't think mental disorders can be healed with the Force.

But if the guy needs a friend or something to help show the way, then Wei can help, and if the Jedi won't help him, then go see Abel. Ministering to broken teenagers is a part of his job description.

Charley
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:36:12 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I think its really pretentious that you expect bad, unrealisitc (not character concept, mind you) action to be recieved with open arms.

If Charley did it, I'd ask AK to run a sanity check on the guy. Shawn, I'd call, wtf. etc. I'm not picking on you, and I'm not going to sit down and let something totally outlandish walk in the door when I can do something about it.

The execution of this character's backstory to getting to the Jedi needs to be done differently if you want to be recived with open arms.

I'm not knocking it down, its just flawed. If engineers during peer review just metaphorically sucked each other off, could you imagine the kind of trash we'd have driving on the roads?

Pretty much what I was thinking. Everybody here (myself included) have had really dud ideas that we've tried to work on, and they just fell flat. It just doesn't seem to jive with realism IMO.

Kelt Simoson
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:31:15 AM
Originally posted by Vega Van Derveld
People aren't supposed to be trained to be Jedi unless they truly want to be one, IIRC

Agreed.